Type keyword(s) to search

FBI - General Discussion

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

I watch some YouTube cooks; one of whom has a kid & all I could think of is "gulp, I hope the X family has security cuz apparently there are nutballs out there who could figure out where this YouTube cook lives." Yikes

• Love 3

I liked tonight’s episode, much better than the premiere. 

Good storyline, I liked all of the investigative avenues the case took, I couldn’t decide whether the parents were involved or not, and I liked the twist of it not being the guy who looked guilty but was really just a wannabe burglar. 

Jubal got a heavy role which was nice. Isobel didn’t have much of a role tonight, but I didn’t care for her she didn’t want to know what their plan was about delaying the suspect’s lawyer, I’m afraid she will play fast and loose with the rules and that’s not a good quality for a boss. I still miss Dana, I hope I warm up to Isobel going forward.

The one thing I didn’t get was why Maggie went to the suspect’s house alone at the end, why didn’t Jubal send local cops to meet her at the house? I didn’t buy that she would approach a kidnapping suspect’s house alone, it seems like they would send SWAT officers or at least some cops to both of the properties, not just one agent at each property. It was done just for dramatic effect IMO and it weakened what was otherwise a strong episode. 

Of course OA has to chime in with his opinion on people who document their lives on social media, I get really sick of OA constantly having biases and being judgmental regarding people involved in cases, he really annoys me sometimes. 

I would like to see more of Kristen and her new partner Scola in the field. I liked how a couple of background characters in the office had lines. 

Edited by Xeliou66
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

I would love to see a crackerjack defense attorney question either of the agents on what their probably cause for search and seizure on some of these cases.  Would they have to disclose the unethical, if not totally illegal electronic snooping?  That whirring sound we all hear is Efrem Zimbalist turning over in his grave.

That's right, Maggie.  Go ahead and rush into the house, because there's no possible way a second conspirator could be hiding somewhere, and you have no backup.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

The one thing I didn’t get was why Maggie went to the suspect’s house alone at the end, why didn’t Jubal send local cops to meet her at the house? I didn’t buy that she would approach a kidnapping suspect’s house alone, it seems like they would send SWAT officers or at least some cops to both of the properties, not just one agent at each property. It was done just for dramatic effect IMO and it weakened what was otherwise a strong episode.

Didn't make any sense. She could have walked into a nasty ambush.

The episode should have a follow up.

1. Did OA or Maggie bother to inform the Harpers: Todd from across the street "loves" Eli and has been watching him or a burgular was or still is casing their house.

2. Did the Harpers immediatetly call their realtor or was Stacy back to doing her online show as if nothing happened?

3. Did we ever find out if Eli knew he was kidnapped? 

4. Did Stacy come clean about her pregnancy to her loyal views and did she give Maggie a shout out?

5. What did the FBI do with data from the company after the case was solve? Return it? Make secret copies?

Edited by mxc90
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

The storyline was okay, but it's been done so many times.  Did anyone really think they were going to find the kid deceased?  I thought the mom was a good actress.  I was surprised by her because I disliked her acting when she played the angel of death on NCIS New Orleans.

My favorite part of the episode was Maggie's line about being a workaholic widow.  Missy really shines when she plays the character's personal moments.  I like her approach because it is a mix of happy and sad emotions and not just mopey melodrama 

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

I thought it was good episode. I don't understand the part at the end with Kristen, did someone report what she did to Jubal? 

Is Nick going to somehow become a stalker? lol 

They always do that in every show I bet, the agent or cop goes in without back up. 

EDIT: I do miss Dana though and liked her better. 

Edited by Waterston Fan
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

I think it was typical of Dick Wolf to blow off the privacy concerns of citizens to allow the government to have  so much personal data. The recent abuses by the FBI has shown that they can not be trusted with our personal information. Yes I hate that Amazon has that information from Google to tailor ads in my browser but that is far preferable to the FBI rooting around in my personal information.

Every episode features the FBI using illegal and immoral surveillance techniques. 

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I think it was typical of Dick Wolf to blow off the privacy concerns of citizens to allow the government to have  so much personal data. The recent abuses by the FBI has shown that they can not be trusted with our personal information. Yes I hate that Amazon has that information from Google to tailor ads in my browser but that is far preferable to the FBI rooting around in my personal information.

Every episode features the FBI using illegal and immoral surveillance techniques. 

If corporations have that data, and corporations seem to be so easily hacked these days, what makes you think that the CIA and other government agencies don't already have that data?

Facebook keeps asking me to post a photo "so my friends will recognize me" online when I don't even use Facebook for anything.

They might have that data but that is no excuse to hand it over to them without a warrant. The FBI is not to be trusted with your personal information. They might steal it but you don’t have to hand it over like a chump.

From their illegal wiretapping of Dr Martin Luther King to the entrapment of CONINTELPRO to the current abuses of the FISA court the FBI has long been out of control and a danger to normal citizens. 

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • Love 2

Can we just have one episode that deals with the gripping drama of a celebrity or two who maybe bribed consulted with a fixer to get their kids into a prestigious university?  There's certainly potential for cameos.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

Can we just have one episode that deals with the gripping drama of a celebrity or two who maybe bribed consulted with a fixer to get their kids into a prestigious university?

Is that illegal? I want my kid in your school and I pay you to make that happen -- seems like a good idea to me.

• LOL 1
7 minutes ago, Netfoot said:

Is that illegal? I want my kid in your school and I pay you to make that happen -- seems like a good idea to me.

One celebrity has plead out 14 days in jail. The other started to fight and now is in limbo with the deal off the table as TV DAs and cops threaten even though the school she "cheated" is a private university. So presumably she will face months and a fine. The rest of the VIP's don't have the name to draw TMZ attention and we will see how it goes for them.

1 minute ago, Raja said:

One celebrity has plead out 14 days in jail....

Why would you go to jail for paying someone to get your kid into university?  Would you go to jail for paying a mechanic to jump your car to the head of the queue in the workshop?  Would you go to jail for paying a barista $5 extra to make your coffee before anyone else in the line?

Just now, Netfoot said:

Why would you go to jail for paying someone to get your kid into university?  Would you go to jail for paying a mechanic to jump your car to the head of the queue in the workshop?  Would you go to jail for paying a barista $5 extra to make your coffee before anyone else in the line?

You plead out because you fear the results of the state charging more and a jury and judge saying its the law thus the punishment will be so

22 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

Can we just have one episode that deals with the gripping drama of a celebrity or two who maybe bribed consulted with a fixer to get their kids into a prestigious university?  There's certainly potential for cameos.

The writers would have to shoehorn some kind of violent crime, because it’s not an episode of a cop procedural if guns aren’t being drawn.

17 minutes ago, Netfoot said:

It’s super illegal if you’re dumb about it.  If your parents donate a ton of money to the university you can get put in the “dean’s interest” list and get a second and third look even if there are more qualified applicants.  If your parents pay money to fraudulently inflate your experiences and test scores than they can go to prison for a few weeks because they are white and wealthy.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Mars477 said:

It’s super illegal if you’re dumb about it.

So they passed a law saying you can't pay someone to perform a service that they are willing to perform and entitled to perform?

47 minutes ago, Netfoot said:

So they passed a law saying you can't pay someone to perform a service that they are willing to perform and entitled to perform?

The government is claiming  mail fraud, thus federal case and the second star who didn't plead in time was probably thinking jury nullification if not the libertarian point of view of what crime is there is my giving a coach at a private university money for him to use his influence to get my daughter into school as one of his potential athletes. 

5 hours ago, Mars477 said:

The writers would have to shoehorn some kind of violent crime, because it’s not an episode of a cop procedural if guns aren’t being drawn.

Maggie and OA,  for some unfathomable reason, respond, guns drawn, to report of a fight at the dorm.  Things spiral out of control as the reason becomes apparent.  Change scene to the war room where Jubal shouts "Okay, everyone, listen up!  We need every bit of detail on these moms!  Dig deep!  Let's move, people!"  A collective 'woo hoo' roars up from the room as each of the techs logs on to various celebrity gossip sites.

1 hour ago, Dowel Jones said:

Maggie and OA,  for some unfathomable reason, respond, guns drawn, to report of a fight at the dorm.  Things spiral out of control as the reason becomes apparent.  Change scene to the war room where Jubal shouts "Okay, everyone, listen up!  We need every bit of detail on these moms!  Dig deep!  Let's move, people!"  A collective 'woo hoo' roars up from the room as each of the techs logs on to various celebrity gossip sites.

I feel like we need more stakes.  Turns out there's a Russian mob connection behind the SAT coach character, to supply the necessary bodies for a shootout.  TV audiences love shootouts.  And the main characters need to have their Thoughts Heard about this case that's ripped from the headlines with a long winded moralizing speech.

(Who am I kidding, I'm a sucker for a good old shootout as well.)

19 hours ago, Netfoot said:

It's only against the law if you go to a shady fixer, who takes your money, and provides you with fake SAT scores, doctored photos of your kid posing with sports gear of sports they do not play, in order to secure admittance to ivy league schools. 

The legal way is to pay the ivy league schools directly with enough cash to get your name on a building...and your kid enrolled.

The celebrity parents in question were too cheap to go the legal way.  And, if I recall, the fixer is the one the cops really wanted.  The celebrities got caught in the crossfire and are punished in the court of public opinion.  Those who took the plea deals will be fine.  The one who wanted to fight is an idiot who either took terrible advice or thought she could get away with it . 

And yeah, it would make a good episode of FBI.  The shady fixer could be involved in a number of other "need to draw your guns and fire them" side businesses, like human trafficking. 

• Love 3

This episode had another one of those scenes where all the agents show up, guns drawn, at the suspect's work place. From a distance of half a block away, they make eye contact and yell "FBI!" - as if that would immobilize the suspect or protect any of the innocent people around him. 
Then the suspect, of course, runs - and *all* of the agents holster their guns and run after him. ... but he has plenty of distance and time to get to his vehicle and drive away (tho he is stopped). 
This SWAT-like approach appeared very poorly thought out and executed. 

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, shrewd.buddha said:

This episode had another one of those scenes where all the agents show up, guns drawn, at the suspect's work place. From a distance of half a block away, they make eye contact and yell "FBI!" - as if that would immobilize the suspect or protect any of the innocent people around him. 
Then the suspect, of course, runs - and *all* of the agents holster their guns and run after him. ... but he has plenty of distance and time to get to his vehicle and drive away (tho he is stopped). 
This SWAT-like approach appeared very poorly thought out and executed. 

To me, most shows seem to do this. 

• Like 1
On 10/3/2019 at 2:29 PM, kirkola said:

The legal way is to pay the ivy league schools directly with enough cash to get your name on a building...and your kid enrolled.

If you have an idle $20M sitting around you could donate, your kid does not need to go to college in the first place.

At most good schools that have many more applicants then spots you need to be a legacy, know people, be a smart minority, or grease the correct palms to get your kids in. The point of getting your kids in is not the education, it is knowing and hanging around with other rich kids and those contacts will get you good positions down the line.

• Love 1

Here is the synopsis for the upcoming episode, "American Idol", airing October 8, 2019:

After a front-running female presidential candidate, Valerie Caldwell, is targeted with a car bomb, OA and Maggie must hurry to track down the bomber before they strike again. The case leads them to wonder whether this person is targeting Caldwell for her political aspirations or something else.

Once the sister yelled at Maggie and OA, there was no way she was wrong about Caldwell. 

OA: Do you happen to know anything about bombs.?

Wayne: Yeah. They explode, that's about it.! (Way to go after him OA)

Izzy? I bet Chris is married.

The FBI just grabbed Ray Chao off the street without announcing themselves or reading his rights.

After Jubal told the agent a warrant isn't necessary,  he had the information in 1 second. Impressive.

Secret Service took a break tonight, except for the one guy that grabbed Caldwell and ran. They left everything else to the FBi to handle.

Don't worry OA, Rickey Escalante never made it to the major leagues. You can get the last laugh and arrest him for making you cry.

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

I loved when the sister yelled at Maggie, For some reason I got a lot of satisfaction out of that.

So a corrupt politician? what a surprise. 

And a young black man discarded and thrown to the dogs because of course he doesn't matter. And another black man had his life destroyed for simply trying to do the right thing and in the end he pays for his actions while the corrupt politician goes on about her business. It all sounds so American.

• Love 1

Pretty good episode. I liked how the case played out, it wasn’t surprising that Caldwell was corrupt but I still enjoyed the case. I for some reason suspected Caldwell’s head of security would be involved and I was surprised he didn’t reappear. I like having Kristen in the field and I like her partner, and Isobel was much more likable tonight IMO, the show appears to be more of a team effort this season with more agents involved which I’m enjoying. Overall a solid outing, I was glad it didn’t get overly preachy and political as well. 

• Like 1
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I like having Kristen in the field and I like her partner, and Isobel was much more likable tonight IMO, the show appears to be more of a team effort this season with more agents involved which I’m enjoying.

I'm liking the team focus too. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, mommalib said:

And another black man had his life destroyed for simply trying to do the right thing and in the end he pays for his actions while the corrupt politician goes on about her business

Well, except for the part where he tries to blow up the person he blames, instead killing an innocent man. And the politician looked to me like she was going down.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
37 minutes ago, Waterston Fan said:

What happened to FBI: Most Wanted? It didn't get picked up? 

Nope, it did. Being held for mid season. Alana De La Garza was originally in the cast there, but she was moved to FBI original, for whatever reason.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, sempervivum said:

Well, except for the part where he tries to blow up the person he blames, instead killing an innocent man. And the politician looked to me like she was going down.

He is going to jail to pay for what he did. The corrupt ass politician who started the ball rolling on the destruction of people's lives for her own gain looks like she's gonna skate.

Dear Mr. Ex-Prosecutor Dude,

There was no need to kill anyone. I guess you didn't know this, but since you kept hard evidence of the candidate's crime, there is this whole group of people who go by the name of "reporter" who would jump at the chance to take down a presidential candidate. In fact, since the candidate appeared to be a female liberal, there is a particular news organization named after an animal who would probably tell your story even without any evidence. 😉

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

I find it odd somebody who didn't have the guts to not suppress evidence suddenly has the guts to commit murder. She didn't ruin his life, he did it himself.

You notice the convict never said he didn't do it, and the evidence would have meant a retrial and not an acquittal.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, UnknownK said:

You notice the convict never said he didn't do it, and the evidence would have meant a retrial and not an acquittal.

It came off to me like he wasn't allowed to. I figured something was up when he wouldn't give Maggie a yes or no answer but said "I've moved on" twice. By the time they got to the check I was like yup it's hush money and was surprised they jumped to payment for the bomb, especially since he said "I've moved on" for the third freaking time in that scene. It was such obvious NDA talk that they should have twigged on to by then but, of course, they had to save the confirmation that he was "paid for his silence" until the end so they could have the cliched scene of somebody dropping the act and showing their true self.

The evidence (footage confirming alibi) + the prosecutorial misconduct of withholding exculpatory evidence + conviction and sentence served sounds like an overturned verdict to me. I was surprised she even said "I chose to withhold it because..." to two FBI agents. That was...cocky.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Here is the description of episode 4 of Season 2, "An Imperfect Science", to air on 10/15/2019:

After a shooting at a nightclub, it appears that the FBI may have ignored previous threats from a local white supremacist group. Also, Kristen wrestles with her commitment to the Bureau and her responsibility to her community.