Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/15/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Can one of the hosts correctly say that it's not King Solomon that is behind this, but the Crown Prince Mohamed Salman? King Solomon is sick in bed while his son is doing the crazy stuff. The entire conversation was king of lacking and full of misinformation. It made me more appreciative towards Last Week Tonight and their coverage on this.

I don't normally comment on their clothing, but Meghan's ribbon is awkward and Whoopi is wearing pyjamas. I don't get those fashion choices.

• Love 14

I hope they have EMTs on standby for the day Whoopie suffocates from having her head so far up Meghan’s ass.  Why does Whoopie still have her pj top on?

Congrats on the win, Meggie!

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 11
Just now, Bronzedog said:

I hope they have EMTs on standby for the day Whoopie suffocates from having her head so far up Meghan’s ass.  Why does Whoopie still have her pj top on?

Congrats on the win, Maggie!

Definitely.  I think a huge part of what makes her like MM is because MM has just as much disdain for the audience as she does.  Never forget "DON'T TWEET ME, FACEBOOK ME, I DON'T CARE!" 

• Love 11

Whenever the topic of marriage or living with someone, Whoopie always says, “Listen!  I’ve been there!  I’ve done that!”  Umm, everyone else at the table is married.  They are all currently doing that.  There’s nothing rare about it.

• Love 16
12 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Whenever the topic of marriage or living with someone, Whoopie always says, “Listen!  I’ve been there!  I’ve done that!”  Umm, everyone else at the table is married.  They are all currently doing that.  There’s nothing rare about it.

We know her track record.  Who cares?

• Love 10

Wow, color me shocked!  Not one political word from Jed!  Is she trying to change her image?  (Too late, Jed.  I've seen the recent Fox clips.). Her mile a minute chatter makes it seem like she was feeling incredibly awkward sitting there after being fired.

• Love 12

Did Meghan admit that it was a Muslim ban? She did say that she wanted Saudi as part of the Muslim ban.

45 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Whoopi's point didn't make sense. You can have sex with anyone without thinking of them on a deeper level, but having a relationship with someone you disagree with on a fundamental level is incredibly hard to do.

I also don't get why they brought up Lady Gaga (who liked like Kim K in that picture) when they had no time to talk about it.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, backformore said:

my favorite  moment was when Meghan started to read statistics and facts off a blue card about Elizabeth Warren, and Whoopi pulls up a blue card and starts reciting contradictory facts and figures.  

I wondered if there was some breach of contract when that happened.  I thought only Meghan was allowed to have Blue Card Statistics.

• Love 16
11 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Wow, color me shocked!  Not one political word from Jed!  Is she trying to change her image?  (Too late, Jed.  I've seen the recent Fox clips.). Her mile a minute chatter makes it seem like she was feeling incredibly awkward sitting there after being fired.

I wouldn't be surprised if she was warned by her boss at Fox not to get political. She was critical of Trump before she started working there again. I've not seen a single bit of criticism from her since she returned.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Whoopi's point didn't make sense. You can have sex with anyone without thinking of them on a deeper level, but having a relationship with someone you disagree with on a fundamental level is incredibly hard to do.

I can't even have a casual relationship with a man who I disagree with about fundamental things.  It's just not worth the aggravation.

• Love 18

My take on the bell theory (i know, late..short..yada yada :) but i thought it was used when the table started screeching and shouting, getting louder, they hit the bell to end it right there and they all stop and move on

• Love 8

I was only half-assed listening from the other room but did Meghan say a word during Jed's segment?  Unless I missed it, which I most certainly could have, I don't think I heard a peep out of her.

1 hour ago, JayD83 said:

Whoopi to MM: "Your soapbox is gorgeous to me, you go ahead" 

Can we get rid of the both of them together?

And that?  Was so gross. Groan.

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Post from Meghan after today's show. No mention of Jed's appearance today.

Waaaait a minute here. MM is tiny? The same size as Sunny and Ahbby? When did this happen? If she loses 30 pounds by standing up then she should stand more often. 

• Love 9

MM's outfit was the worst thing for her.  She looked like a blue sausage, but at least it won a ribbon.  She should never wear her hair up, although I like her eyebrows.  And she should never talk.  Ever.

• Love 16

When they were talking about Saudi Arabia and the atrocities that are going on there, Abby mentioned that when she was young, her family lived in China.  She saw first hand what happens to people who disagree with the government.  Then added, "A family friend was beaten to death and is now legally blind." What???  Did I miss hear??  She meant to say, "..almost beaten to death."?

Michael Fishman seem to have grown up to be well-spoken thoughtful young man.  Lisa Goranson (sp?) was articulate and sincere when she spoke (in my opinion).  I found the interview interesting and thoughtful. 

I did check out before Jed got on.

• Love 11
56 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I was only half-assed listening from the other room but did Meghan say a word during Jed's segment?  Unless I missed it, which I most certainly could have, I don't think I heard a peep out of her.

I don't think anyone said a word...same ol' Jed, with her rat-a-tat-tat delivery.  That mouth never stops.  It's what drove me nuts when she was a regular, and it drove me nuts again today,  Good riddance.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

All she said was Jed say "Hi Meghan good to see you" and she said "you too" thats all! I think she had a question but they had to go Jed went on a loooooooooong speech . 

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Tunia said:

I don't think anyone said a word...same ol' Jed, with her rat-a-tat-tat delivery.  That mouth never stops.  It's what drove me nuts when she was a regular, and it drove me nuts again today,  Good riddance.

Lol.  The Year of Jed (was she there a year?) fell under my years long View sabbatical so I never watched when she was on; except on occasion.  But I could tell by watching today that Girlfriend has that hyperactive, nervous energy thing about her that I would find stressful and exhausting after about 2 days.  If she is this jacked without her cellphone addiction, I'd hate to see what she was like with it.

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 7
46 minutes ago, suomi said:
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

Waaaait a minute here. MM is tiny? The same size as Sunny and Ahbby? When did this happen? If she loses 30 pounds by standing up then she should stand more often. 

She has to be wearing Spanx.  Just yesterday she looked a lot bigger than this.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, suomi said:

Either the lighting or some photo shop going on. Meghan looked really big sitting down at the table and she had on a solid color. 

She looks even bigger with the prints and large florals.

• Love 8

What is going on between Whoopi and Meghan?  Whenever Whoopi talks over Meghan, Whoopi says, "Sorry, baby go ahead." And today when Meghan apologized (gasp) for talking so long, Whoopi told her, "You're doing it beautifully."

And what was up with Jedediah's sleeves?

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, Tunia said:

She was especially chatty today. Seems like some nervous energy in addition to her being chatty. I'm surprised Meghan didn't find a way to mention that they are "friends" who worked at Fox. Of course we know better...

Anyway, Meghan kind of looked uncomfortable during this segment.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Did Meghan admit that it was a Muslim ban? She did say that she wanted Saudi as part of the Muslim ban.

Yes she did.  And that photo must be photoshopped because Meghan was standing when Jed came in and was much wider than Sunny.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 6

What makes Jediblahblah an expert about not using a cell phone that she could write a book?

Isn't pretty basic, you don't need to have a phone in front of you 24 x7?

And no, I'm not buying her book.

• Love 11

Oh wow. I think Meghan looks fabulous! I love topknots and think that style flatters her. The color of the dress looks really good with her skin tone. And since I am obsessed with Gucci dresses, it gets double thumbs up from me. Love the look, love the dress. But still can't stand her. 

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Either the lighting or some photo shop going on. Meghan looked really big sitting down at the table and she had on a solid color. 

Okay so maybe I need to edit my reply. Sounds like based on what you guys are saying on the show she did not look exactly like she is shown in the picture. If that is photo shopped, that's pretty silly of someone who claims to be  "touch chick" to do.  

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan said she was from the middle of the country.  Did Arizona move?

She was born in Phoenix.   She went to elementary and (a highly respected) high school in Phoenix.   She went to college in New York and she lives in New York.  Did she have difficulty with Geography studies?  Is she aware of some math equation I haven't figured out = Take the southwest and subtract the east, what do you get?   Middle of the country!

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

And what was up with Jedediah's sleeves?

You mean the pet ferrets hanging on her shoulders?

3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Her mile a minute chatter makes it seem like she was feeling incredibly awkward sitting there after being fired.

I couldn't even pay attention, I was mesmerized by her make-up and hypnotized by her slippery lips.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

She has to be wearing Spanx.  Just yesterday she looked a lot bigger than this.

33 minutes ago, Stacee said:

Okay so maybe I need to edit my reply. Sounds like based on what you guys are saying on the show she did not look exactly like she is shown in the picture. If that is photo shopped, that's pretty silly of someone who claims to be  "touch chick" to do.  

Yes I went back to look for that stripe running down the side of her dress, not there . She even said that she and Joy couldn't go bra less. They are the same size on top.  

When Whoopi said this question is yours and MM said I always screw up celebrity questions .... Yeah it's all below you  but you are a crackerjack with politicians. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, suomi said:
3 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Post from Meghan after today's show. No mention of Jed's appearance today.

See that DARK GRAY PANEL on the left side of Meghan's dress?   Is that a panel?  Is that a shadow?

When/How was it created?  She was wearing a BIGGER "tight" dress on the show (her true size) and it was solid blue...except fo the Gucci bow brooch.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

She was born in Phoenix.   She went to elementary and (a highly respected) high school in Phoenix.   She went to college in New York and she lives in New York.  Did she have difficulty with Geography studies?  Is she aware of some math equation I haven't figured out = Take the southwest and subtract the east, what do you get?   Middle of the country!

She is hellbent on portraying herself as just your average middle of America Joe (Josie?). She grew up with a silver spoon in her mouth.  As she reminds us daily grew up in politics.  Went to an Ivy league college.  Has a job that pays her substantially a lot more than middle of America residents (and most of the rest of the country as well) make in a lifetime let alone a year.  Give it up girl.  You had and continue to have an entitled privileged life.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 13
19 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

See that DARK GRAY PANEL on the left side of Meghan's dress?   Is that a panel?  Is that a shadow?

Bingo. Photoshopped. Her hips have definitely been redrawn.

• Love 8

Ha - thanks for the explanation, Former Nun - I didn't realize that huge monstrosity on Meghan's boob was a "Gucci bow brooch".  I just thought it was a weird accessory for someone who was recently bashing the Royals, as it looked like something Queen Eliz would wear at an official function (or a "Best in Show" award, as mentioned above.)  If it'd mean fewer skin-tight "fashions" as in Meg's blue dress in seated profile at the table today, I'd welcome a return to looser clothing, a la Lady Gaga ( though I kept wondering where the hell she was, & why the pic depicted Kim K - all "celeb" roads end at Kardashia sooner or later, apparently.)

And yeah,the pj top was an amazingly bad look for Whoopie - she finally decides to buy something this millennium & opts for pajamas-as-outerwear - figures.

OR were both of these choices sly digs at the viewers??

• Love 3
Just now, Bronzedog said:

Because from what I've read, Jedi was fired to make room for Meghan on the panel.

And neither of them posted anything about the other before or after Jed's segment. I mean they don't even follow each other anymore so why would they, I guess?

• Love 1