Type keyword(s) to search

Jesus God, Leah!!

• Start Topic

Yep... I was at the ER with a family member a few months ago and it was scary walking to the car. Huge group of people hanging around the parking lot asking if I got any pain meds, if my relative did, if I wanted to make any $$, etc.  I said something later to one of the nurses about it and she said "oh you met our regulars."  Sorry a little OT I know, but it opened my eyes as to how people get these drugs prescription or not.

• Love 2

I'm a nurse, and was once propositioned on Facebook by a loose acquaintance if I could score anything... She gave me this huge long sob story of how she hurt her back and was out of her medication but wouldn't be seeing her doctor for a couple of weeks... I was like "sure I barely know you, but I'll risk my license and my lively hood for you" (please read that with extreme sarcasm as I did not actually reply at all, and blocked/unfriended this person). Then I had another (actual) friend who spent the night at my house and had a bad headache, she asked if I had anything and I said aleve, and she was like that's it? What about the good stuff (she was kidding though).

It's kinda crazy, I'm know people still find a way to steal and abuse the meds, but there are so many safeguards and I am too much of a goody goody that I would never even consider trying to steal anything, between having to use my fingerprint to open the cabinet, having a doctors order in the system to open the little door where narcotic meds are, count before and after and get a witness... And I'm fairly certain there is some sort of camera system monitoring... All of that to say I don't understand how it is so frequently stolen. I had a legit prescription for Percocet at one point, and usually carried it in my purse in case I had pain when out and about, but I made sure not to have it in my purse when I went to work, for one so I couldn't be accused of abusing it (because I would never take it at work anyway) and two, just so there could be absolutely no suspicion or confusion as to how I acquired it and if I stole it.

• Love 4

Hubby had hip revision and they prescribed 100 Percocet. Pharmacist told me to be careful walking to car as people outside the pharmacy will ask if I want to sell. Scary. He used 10, we are going to return the rest for disposal. Addiction is a terrible, terrible thing. I blame Leah's family, she is young and can still make a good life for her and the girlses. Mama Dawn, if you are listening, BE A PARENT.

Years ago before my accident I hurt my foot, as I was going to my car with my husband after seeing the Dr, some guy came up asking me if they gave me pain medicine and did I want to sell it. I've also been asked at the pharmacy. On the flip side, one time I'd driven my friend to the hospital and while I was sitting outside waiting a woman came up to me asking if I wanted to buy the pills she'd just gotten. I made enough small talk with her to get her name, then went into the pharmacy and turned her in.

My son usually picks my prescriptions up for me, he's worried I'll get mugged.

You would be amazed at how many people suddenly develop horrible pain when they find out that I take morphine and norco. None of my usual friends would do that but I've had friends bring friends of theirs over and ao many people get bad headaches, back pain, whatever and ask me if I "have anything for pain", I offer motrin or Tylenol and they say that doesn't work on them, so I tell them they should go to the Dr to have it checked out.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 4

I had to sign a contract with my physician stating I would not get benzos from any other pharmacy but one. My doctor's office has a pharmacy in it and they can't/won't even fill that prescription because that's not the pharmacy I chose for contract. (I got something else filled there and asked if I could just fill that one too since if was due, no funny business from me.) I'm in WI.

Even with this people still get things pretty easily here. I'm glad WV is trying to crack down. I wonder if this will effect Leah. She has the money to pay whatever though so she's even vulnerable to using in my opinion.

TR Dues is close to 40, right? Wow. But based on his FB post he and Leah have the same maturity level. He is full of it with his explanation too.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 3

I don't believe this crack down in West Virginia will affect Leah much because as several of you have posted there are various way as to how people can acquire drugs. Being approached in parking lots of a hospital or drug store? No shocker there. Leah likely has her sources (note plural). If there is one thing drug users make sure of is, they try to have at least two sources. They always need that back-up. 

Just recently in our area, a woman was arrested for acquiring thousands of pain pills. Law enforcement found out because the pharmacist who was filling her order found out through the database that she was doctor shopping. She had over 70 prescriptions from at least 70 different doctors in various area. The reason she was able to get away with this was because the pharmacists and the doctors FAILED to do what they should be doing - checking that database which tracks prescriptions. Go figure. That may be part of why Leah has been able to get away with prescriptions. You have doctors and pharmacists that are too lazy to check or they are part of the problem because they are doling out meds for easy money. 

• Love 3

Sheesh... I have a helluva time getting an appointment with ONE doctor within a few weeks unless I'm seriously ill. How does one get 70 appts with 70 doctors in what I assume must be a relatively short time frame?

• Love 3

Sheesh... I have a helluva time getting an appointment with ONE doctor within a few weeks unless I'm seriously ill. How does one get 70 appts with 70 doctors in what I assume must be a relatively short time frame?

1) Enough free time to call around. 

2) Lots of free time to go to a doctor's appointment during regular work hours like at 11 am on a work day

3) No job. No school. I know this because I've been trying to get an appointment with my doctor and can't find the time to get away between work and school

• Love 4

Before Florida cracked down on pill farms, the place was full of "doctors" in tiny strip mall offices seeing 10 patients an hour and writing prescriptions as fast as they could. No appointments needed. I suspect parts of WV are the same way.

I have to go every three months for my pain medication prescription. My back is messed up and I've had injections and just need something for when I overdo it. When I talked to my doctor they have a list of everything I'm taking or been prescribed to me.

People are getting away with the doctor shopping by going to another doctor not associated with the other doctors.

And it is people like Leah who are making it hard for the rest of us

• Love 4

Last year my sister had a run of horrible luck where she ended up in the ER on three separate occasions within a very short time span. On the last visit, the physician's assistant who examined her basically came out and said she thought she was a faker looking for pain pills (trust me, she wasn't). It's crazy how jaded medical staff has become thanks to the Leahs of the world.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 7

My friend had the same experience at the emergency room once. The only difference is that she had never been to that ER before. She had fallen down her stairs and her foot wasn't broken but it was purple and swollen up to about three times its normal size. The physician's assistant who examined her looked at her foot and said she was going to give her a motrin. My friend said she'd taken about 5 of them and they didn't help, she was crying from the pain at that point. So the assistnt ordered a Tylenol for her. She's lying there crying and heard the assistant tell the nurse "they always start crying when we tell them they can't have their narcotics". This was said loudly in front of all of the other patients, other doctors and nurses, the people who were with the patients and anybody else within hearing range.

My friend is the kind of person who hates taking any kind of pill so she had to be in bad pain to need something stronger.

She was humiliated. She called me afterwards crying her eyes out. Since then she's been hurt pretty badly but was too afraid to go to the ER so she suffered at home.

• Love 7

I felt for her too, when she was telling me about it I could see how absolutely humiliated she was. We all urged her to do something about it, she did talk to her Dr about it and he said he'd call the ombudsman but I'm not sure whatever became of it.

I do know that about a year later, I had to go to the ER and I mentioned her by name and said I did not want to be seen by her. They said she no longer worked there.

• Love 7

Ironically on the flip side, I had a nurse practically force pain pills on me also in the ER. I had broken a bone, but it was in part of my leg where the nerves are totally numb due to a previous surgery, so I couldn't feel anything at all. I wouldn't have known it was broken except I couldn't stand on it. She kept insisting how much I needed them, pushing the doc to prescribe them, and insisting on giving me some from their ER to take home with me to avoid the pharmacy wait. I accidentally left them behind while I was gathering up my other stuff, but always wondered if she was using the opportunity to get them for herself, either to use or sell.

And again... it's just too damn easy for the WRONG people to get these drugs, and too hard for the people who DO need them to get them, as a result. I don't know where Leah was/is getting her "extras" (assuming she was) but there are so many ways.

Edited by NikSac
  • Love 3

Ironically on the flip side, I had a nurse practically force pain pills on me also in the ER. I had broken a bone, but it was in part of my leg where the nerves are totally numb due to a previous surgery, so I couldn't feel anything at all. I wouldn't have known it was broken except I couldn't stand on it. She kept insisting how much I needed them, pushing the doc to prescribe them, and insisting on giving me some from their ER to take home with me to avoid the pharmacy wait.

I think in cases like this, they know that sometimes the pain suddenly hits you in the middle of the night and it's better to have it just in case. If you had to break a bone, you lucked out it was in a numb area!

• Love 4

I think in cases like this, they know that sometimes the pain suddenly hits you in the middle of the night and it's better to have it just in case. If you had to break a bone, you lucked out it was in a numb area!

Bolding mine - that's for sure!  The previous break was not numb and OMG the pain was horrible. The surgery from that one caused the more recent one to be numb, so I guess that was good.

• Love 2

http://www.inquisitr.com/2710326/leah-messer-corey-simms-teen-mom-2-shares-depressing-thoughts-message-on-twitter-before-custody-hearing/

As Leah Messer heads back to court, she has reportedly staged a breakup from T.R. Dues, whom she’s been linked to since early last year, in an effort to appear more stable. According to Radar Online, the reality star informed some friends of the alleged split, but others knew the truth.

“[Leah Messer] said they broke up a little while ago,” one source told Radar Online earlier this week. “She said it just didn’t work out. He wasn’t a good boyfriend.”
However, other insiders revealed Leah Messer and the 32-year-old Dues are still living as a family in their Charleston, West Virginia, home. In addition to Leah Messer’s three daughters, twins Ali and Aleeah, 6, who she cares for on weekends, and her youngest, Adalynn, the couple is also living with Dues’ two sons, Tyshawn, 8, and Angelo, 4.
“They are very much together, and live as a family with her daughters and his sons,” the insider said. “[Leah Messer] knows it doesn’t look good for her to have a new man in the house already. She wants to look like a stable single mom to the judge in order for her to get her girls back.”
As Leah Messer and Corey Simms’ court date nears, she is reportedly convinced the judge will change her current custody agreement, which allows Simms and his wife, Miranda, to have their twins all week long, and to take them to and from school.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/2710326/leah-messer-corey-simms-teen-mom-2-shares-depressing-thoughts-message-on-twitter-before-custody-hearing/#YRY4C03mT4g4B1A6.99

• Love 3

Wow, Leah has all the critical thinking skills of a six year old, not to put down six year olds. So she thinks she can pretend to break up with a man yet still live with him and his kids and the court will buy that? Does she plan to lie on the stand and tell the judge she isn't dating/ is living alone and hope nobody finds out the truth? She better hope, if she does pull off this lie, that the judge doesn't find out the truth because judges don't take it too well when they found out they were lied to, under oath no less. Not that I would put it past her. For all Leah's messed up, pathetic persona she is a shifty, conniving little shrew who thinks she is more cunning then she truly is.

Here's an idea for her: actually break up with Dues for reals or at least move the man and his kids out her house. Maybe then the court system and the court of public opinion will actually believe she is dedicated to being a parent first and not landing the first willing male she can get her hands on. It is what a responsible adult would do, not that I have much hope for her in that arena.

• Love 9

Wow, Leah has all the critical thinking skills of a six year old, not to put down six year olds. So she thinks she can pretend to break up with a man yet still live with him and his kids and the court will buy that? Does she plan to lie on the stand and tell the judge she isn't dating/ is living alone and hope nobody finds out the truth? She better hope, if she does pull off this lie, that the judge doesn't find out the truth because judges don't take it too well when they found out they were lied to, under oath no less. Not that I would put it past her. For all Leah's messed up, pathetic persona she is a shifty, conniving little shrew who thinks she is more cunning then she truly is.

Here's an idea for her: actually break up with Dues for reals or at least move the man and his kids out her house. Maybe then the court system and the court of public opinion will actually believe she is dedicated to being a parent first and not landing the first willing male she can get her hands on. It is what a responsible adult would do, not that I have much hope for her in that arena.

Seriously! No, your honor, he's not living with me. Yes, all my mail goes to his house, and no, there are no records of any other rental property or purchased real estate in my name to prove that I have my own place now, but totes for real, we're broken up!

Leah is just so incredibly stupid. I just can't even.

I hope the judge makes her answer to all the times she ran to the tabloids bitching about her kids' father. She was directly quoted by a number of them.

• Love 8

I hope the judge makes her answer to all the times she ran to the tabloids bitching about her kids' father. She was directly quoted by a number of them.

I know right? Leah has been on a parental alienation smear campaign against Corey for almost two years now, and on national tv, no less. I can't imagine what she is saying to or in front of the girls when she has them on the weekends. I hope Corey's lawyer has compiled some evidence, at least some of the written interviews she has given, and submits it to the judge.

Edited by HeySandyStrange
  • Love 3

I know right? Leah has been on a parental alienation smear campaign against Corey for almost two years now, and on national tv, no less. I can't imagine what she is saying to or in front of the girls when she has them on the weekends. I hope Corey's lawyer has compiled some evidence, at least some of the written interviews she has given, and submits it to the judge.

I hope they can submit the US Weekly interview at least. She really went after Corey, and I'd love for the judge to ask her about the excuses and accusations she made about the tardies since her story has changed so many times in the subsequent months.
  • Love 4

Let's just hope Cory and his attorney have kept a record of all of her interviews where she changed her story time and time again.

Leah is a fucking liar. Remember when Cory mentioned her new man on the reunion show. What was that nonsense she said about a barbecue and T.R. Dues only being a friend?

• Love 8

Is she going to try to claim they're broken up and just roommates now? That's the only thing I can see her even slightly having a chance at getting away with (and I do mean slightly). Surely she's not dumb enough to lie under oath and say they aren't living together if they are, right?

• Love 4

As a nurse, I can tell you it is pretty hard to steal meds. Everything is accessed electronically anymore and you can't avoid the trail. None the less, people can be very shrewd to obtain drugs.

My supervisors once asked me if I would be willing to have a nurse shadow me and I would be responsible for all her med passes as she was on probation for stealing narcs in the past. But what she had done was steal a doctors prescription pad to get her drugs. They wanted her only accessing at the time, our electronic Pyxis system under me. Of course I was to be at her side but what would have stopped her from taking drugs out under my code on the down low. I told them, no way, I wasn't willing to risk my license for her. They never hired her therefore. I thought that was nervy of them to even ask that of me.

These are the type of people who ruin things for the patients who really need the meds. It really pisses me off. But no one ever accused a drug addict of putting other people's needs before their own. I have seen all kind of insane things in my career. I once had a daughter of a dying patient who I was caring for, steal her mother's Fentanyl patch off her body, then proceed to chew it. Said daughter coded and died.

Leah take note.

• Love 7

Mtv is showing the episode where Leah and Corey get married. I forgot how Corey cried when Leah was walking down the aisle. I feel bad for him because I think he genuinely loved her. Leah meanwhile is waiting in a kitchen (??) before she walks down the aisle and she mostly looks like she is panicking.

Also Leah is running a vacuum!!!

Edited by poopchute
  • Love 7

I'm watching too. Even funnier is when Leah is getting her wedding hair done by Corey's mom (not his stepmom). 2 things to note- 1. His mom is really cute and kind of vaguely resembles 18 year old Leah, and 2. His mother is speaking to Leah with just barely contained (or open by the end of the convo) hostility. She clearly despised Leah even at that juncture or didn't care who knew it.

• Love 6

I'm watching the marathon too, and right now Leah is wanting to work at the dental office with her mom, but Corey doesn't want her working with guys, they are making it seem like he is crazy controlling/super jealous for no reason. Leah's mom just asked "why doesn't he want you working with other guys?" And now watching it it seems like Leah knows why but she just says "I don't know".

It's crazy how young everyone seems in these episodes, but it's kinda neat to watch and now know more of what we know happened behind the scenes or back stories.

• Love 3

Right. There was the scene where Leah is hesitant to marry Cory. He is asking her why, what's the problem. She mentions the divorce pattern in her family and her fears.  All the while I am yelling at my television, "Because she is banging Robbie!" Geez. I hope my neighbors didn't hear me.  She then relents and tells Cory she is okay. She wants to get married. Damn, even though I knew the outcome, I kept hoping I'd hear Leah say that it is best they just not get married. 

Watching these reruns with all the info that we now know makes it  more interesting to watch. It is as if I am watching it for the first time.

• Love 6

Corey even had her number back then but was still dumb enough to take her at her word.

Leah never wanted to marry Corey. She wanted a bed warmer until she could land herself another boyfriend she considered worthy of herself.

When she said, okay, my cold feet are gone, that really meant, shit, Corey is pretty serious about me shitting or getting off the pot, and he will break up with me. Guess it's easier to get a divorce down the road then it would be to remain single for the 10 min it would take me to find a new boyfriend.

• Love 7

My husband, who is home because he recovering from surgery, walked in from physical therapy. He saw Leah and Cory on the screen as they discussed their upcoming marriage and my husband put his arm out and yelled out a slow, "Noooooooooooo Cory!" LMAO I love my husband. I almost snorted water out of my nose as I drank it. He said if only we could reach through the screen and grab Cory and let him know what we know. lol 

• Love 10

Mtv is showing the episode where Leah and Corey get married. I forgot how Corey cried when Leah was walking down the aisle. I feel bad for him because I think he genuinely loved her. Leah meanwhile is waiting in a kitchen (??) before she walks down the aisle and she mostly looks like she is panicking.

Also Leah is running a vacuum!!!

I watched that episode today too, and I always find it so damn hard to watch without seething at the fact that Leah was banging Robbie less than 24 hours before donning the white dress and vowing her love to poor Corey. The early episodes are so conflicting to me because there are moments where I genuinely feel bad for Leah, like all the business with Ali's doctors appointments. Sometimes she seemed like a fun girl, dizty but still fun and with her heart in the right place..... Then I remember how shitty she is. And despite all my contempt for Ms. Cheeto Fingers I still feel sad seeing how full of life she seemed in the older episodes, before the drugs took it away from her. (by her own doing, of course. But still tragic). 

• Love 4

Damn, you guys are making me miss my ex. We just broke up a couple of months ago (cry) and while we had our problems, he would always watch TM2 with me and he never judged me for it. We used "dramastic" as an inside joke, and no one else ever got it, but he never judged me even though this show is a total guilty pleasure.

Crap...I think I made a terrible mistake breaking up with him. 

• Love 4

I love watching Corey with the girlses.  He's been such an involved dad from the very beginning, and he's so cute with the babies.  There was a moment after the wedding when he was holding Ali and dancing with her and she has a total WTH look on her face.  Even then, Ali was one of the smartest people in the room. 

• Love 6

My husband, who is home because he recovering from surgery, walked in from physical therapy. He saw Leah and Cory on the screen as they discussed their upcoming marriage and my husband put his arm out and yelled out a slow, "Noooooooooooo Cory!" LMAO I love my husband. I almost snorted water out of my nose as I drank it. He said if only we could reach through the screen and grab Cory and let him know what we know. lol

My husband wouldn't know any of these people's names if his life depended on it. Well, he knows Farrah because I made him watch her porn with me.

I yelled "Corey, don't do it"!!

• Love 2

I love watching Corey with the girlses. He's been such an involved dad from the very beginning, and he's so cute with the babies. There was a moment after the wedding when he was holding Ali and dancing with her and she has a total WTH look on her face. Even then, Ali was one of the smartest people in the room.

That child can think (and sass) circles around everyone she's related to. Some of my favorite lines have been from her. We all remember "this is not REAL FOOD" of course. And another of my favorites was when she was being rushed out if the house, (probably because Leah overslept and didn't get them ready) and she asked anyone who was listening, "Is my hair brushed? NOPE." Poor girlses.

• Love 10

I'm watching too. Even funnier is when Leah is getting her wedding hair done by Corey's mom (not his stepmom). 2 things to note- 1. His mom is really cute and kind of vaguely resembles 18 year old Leah, and 2. His mother is speaking to Leah with just barely contained (or open by the end of the convo) hostility. She clearly despised Leah even at that juncture or didn't care who knew it.

I think Corey's whole family (with the possible exception of Jeff) hated her from the beginning. Corey's a good guy, who wanted to do right by her and his daughters from the beginning. They could see that Leah was a manipulative, entitled user and that she would take Corey for everything he had, and throw him to the curb. At the time they got married, how many times had she broken his heart already? How many times had she cheated on him, or left him for Robbie? I think Corey's mom saw that her son was putting his all into the family that he created, but Leah was always looking for a better option. I think they knew that it was just a matter of time before they divorced, but there's only so many times you can tell someone they're making a huge mistake before you have to just step back and be there for them.

Jeff I think just is a big supporter of mothers, and family. I think he had genuine respect for Leah as the mother of his granddaughters, and even if her relationship with his son wasn't good, he wanted to support her and have a good relationship with her for the girlses sake. Kind of like Jen and Larry do with Maci, but Corey's actually a great dad, unlike Ryan.

• Love 5

Very well said. I agree. And as hard as it may be for the Simms to reconcile her treatment of Corey, Leah is the mother of their granddaughters, and her girls love her very much. I am sure Jeff can appreciate that Leah does make his granddaughters happy at times, even if she is more often than not a complete bitch to Corey.

When one of his twitter/instagram/whatever followers was insults Leah, Jeff shuts that down quick.

Naturally, Leah is oblivious to all that when she regularly bashes Corey to the media. She will be lucky to have any kind of relationship with the twins by the time they reach adulthood.

• Love 4

She will be lucky to have any kind of relationship with the twins by the time they reach adulthood.

No worries. Leah will probably have racked up three more baby daddies and four additional kids by then, so it won't matter if two leave the fold.

• Love 4

I really like Jeff, and I always thought he did a great job of respecting Leah's role as the girls' mother, even when she's being a total hosebeast. I like that he shuts down criticism of her. I think in his mind, Leah is family. (The girlses are Jeff's family, Leah is their family, and therefore she is his family too) and family looks out for each other.

As far as her relationship with the girlses as adults, I've often wondered about that for all of them. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Leah's relationship with Ali and Aleeah was strained in their adulthood. I think out of the two, she's got a better shot at having a long lasting relationship with Aleeah, because unfortunately Aleeah seems to have a lot in common with her mother. Ali seems like she'll gravitate more naturally to the calm, drama free Simms lifestyle.

• Love 2

It's terrible but I almost hope that Leah doesn't have much to do with the twins when they get older.  Despite the fact that she clearly loves all three of her girlses, she is a toxic influence - jumping from guy to guy, getting addicted to pills, not taking them to school or medical appointments.  She tries to use the girls to make herself feel better (I'm a good mom!!!1!!) and hates Miranda because Corey chose her over Leah's trashy butt.  The Simms are calmer and are better able to take care of the twins.  I can't imagine Miranda ever feeding her kids canned pasta at midnight or taking them to school with unbrushed hair.  

Besides, does anyone else remember the comments about putting the girlses on BC at 13?  And when she said to the four year old girls that they would be fighting boys off?  I wouldn't trust her to teach the girlses to respect themselves and not feel pressured into sex at a young age.  Leah's idea of a good sex education class probably involves handing them some condoms and telling them to make sure that they don't do it in the back of a truck.  

• Love 1

I love how she thinks just because SHE has to make drop-offs and pick-ups in public parking lots, everyone else should have to as well. How about all the extra time this forces the kids to spend in the car? Kid over yourself!

• Love 5