Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Hella Duplicitous

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

I just started watching season 3 on Hulu after giving up on this show middle of season 2..  I just couldn't deal with how clingy seller was.. It creeped me out how he always always had to team up with Jane ( its been an issue since the pilot for me)  but when I saw a promo for the new season and I saw that she wasn't Jane anymore but remi.. And may be antagonistic towards the team I was intrigued... I'm a lil lost with the tasha plot but I understood the broadstrokes and remember a bit from recaps and seeing Jane actively working against everyone... And how she can't stand weller plus Roman popping up.. I was entertained... Does suck that she's fooling Reade in the field.. And I hope at some point she speaks a bit more about her mom being in the black site... Didn't she have a kid??  Coulda sworn I saw a promo where she had one.. Man weller is just so so extra what did Jane ever see in him

24 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

Didn't she have a kid??

Yes. A daughter. Don't know who the father is.

Didn't take long to kill off Blake. Good! She is no convincing being an evil character. For all of Tasha's smarts, how did she not sense the poison coming?

Did I miss something: Tasha wants to be declared dead in the plane crash or is the new plan to get back with Reade in order to kill him.

Knowing Jane's condition, she shouldn't be allowed to go on raids, be in the field or drive a car. Reade was reckless, he could have kill an innocent bystander with that car crash.

Rich attempting to jump in the sword fight was funny.

Tasha's night with Reade must have put a spell on him!

From the preview for next week, it makes sense for Jane to attempt to kill Patterson. She is the only person that can mess up her plans.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Didn't take long to kill off Blake. Good! She is no convincing being an evil character. For all of Tasha's smarts, how did she not sense the poison coming?

It was obvious since Blake wasn't going to carry on as a villain much longer, let alone a full season.

I guess Tasha was more focused on Blake taking over the company, instead she's being roped into yet another undercover mission.

1 hour ago, Writing Wrongs said:

I wish they had done a previously, I was having a hard time remembering what happened last season.

Weller is so annoying and clingy.

I was surprised that they didn't do one, since they like to show flashbacks of things that happened five minutes earlier. I was more focused on the Jane/Remi thing, since they jumped right in with her in the field, but now that I think about it, I don't even remember how Weller got injured.

Never been a fan of overprotective Weller, and now that Jane's dying from the ZIP poisoning, it's like S1 all over again. Remi's annoyed expressions help a bit, lol. I shouldn't have been surprised but I was really excited to see Roman again! Not sure how long they can maintain this Remi thing, though. The team will be able to tell there's a mole, and will probably realize Remi's connection to it all. I don't understand the point of continuing Sandstorm... wasn't their big plan to replace the government or something? And they got there and it failed. So is Remi trying to do that again? Will she die before it gets to that point? Even if she lives, it doesn't seem likely that she'll ever feel kindness toward the team again, so what's the endgame for her? A blacksite for the rest of her life? Or will the cure somehow bring her to the middle; still Remi but more warm to the team?

I was surprised that they killed Blake off so quickly but I saw that poisoning coming from a mile away. Zapata should have, too. Maybe she did? I don't know what her goal is. Poison Lady asking Zapata if she could kill a colleague seemed like a foreshadow between them rather than Zapata/Reade.

• Love 1

Also kinda miffed we had to lose nyambi nyambi.. I love dude on the good fight and he coulda been a nice friend to have on the outside so she just isn't out here imagining talking to her dead brother... I am excited that we may be getting a mommy-daughter day... Not that shepherd was great.. But on a TV show like this when your parent is a psycho terrorist( freedom fighter/patriot  in her eyes)  they tend to spend some time on the actual dynamic between parent and child and this show kinda didn't.. I mean even when they caught her... She spent all that time in the back with weller.. So if she does manage to find mommy that should be fun.. 

1 hour ago, Free said:

It was obvious since Blake wasn't going to carry on as a villain much longer, let alone a full season.

I guess Tasha was more focused on Blake taking over the company, instead she's being roped into yet another undercover mission.

I don't remember what happened with Tasha at the end of last season? Did we see her go undercover or is she potentially actually evil now?

1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

Yes. A daughter. Don't know who the father is.

Now that Jane is Remi again, she might know who the father is. That could be interesting.

Did I hear Jane/Remi say she can't remember 2 and 1/2 years of her life? How does that work? There was a two year time jump between seasons 2 and 3, so everything else we've seen happen took place in six months?

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I don't remember what happened with Tasha at the end of last season? Did we see her go undercover or is she potentially actually evil now?

The last scene had Tasha and Blake on a plane 'working together' after Blake killed Roman and was about to take over her dad's business.

It just seems like Tasha is undercover yet again, like what she did last season.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

They really didn't prove that the guy driving the car was actually part of Sandstorm, but he's dead now so no big whoop.

Not the guy in the car. I meant the shop owner or someone walking the street. 

Whoa!  Jane had a bad hair day!  Or rather, Remi has bad girl hair!

Soooo happy to see Rich Dotcom is still part of the team.  His caracter is priceless and I love Ennis Esmer.  

Edited by sisterspoon
Spelling..
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, omgsowicked said:

I was surprised that they didn't do one, since they like to show flashbacks of things that happened five minutes earlier. I was more focused on the Jane/Remi thing, since they jumped right in with her in the field, but now that I think about it, I don't even remember how Weller got injured.

Never been a fan of overprotective Weller, and now that Jane's dying from the ZIP poisoning, it's like S1 all over again. Remi's annoyed expressions help a bit, lol. I shouldn't have been surprised but I was really excited to see Roman again! Not sure how long they can maintain this Remi thing, though. The team will be able to tell there's a mole, and will probably realize Remi's connection to it all. I don't understand the point of continuing Sandstorm... wasn't their big plan to replace the government or something? And they got there and it failed. So is Remi trying to do that again? Will she die before it gets to that point? Even if she lives, it doesn't seem likely that she'll ever feel kindness toward the team again, so what's the endgame for her? A blacksite for the rest of her life? Or will the cure somehow bring her to the middle; still Remi but more warm to the team?

I was surprised that they killed Blake off so quickly but I saw that poisoning coming from a mile away. Zapata should have, too. Maybe she did? I don't know what her goal is. Poison Lady asking Zapata if she could kill a colleague seemed like a foreshadow between them rather than Zapata/Reade.

Zapata is working for one of the group alphabets. I think she did see something coming & the end result be Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio. 

10 hours ago, mxc90 said:
10 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

They really didn't prove that the guy driving the car was actually part of Sandstorm, but he's dead now so no big whoop.

Not the guy in the car. I meant the shop owner or someone walking the street. 

I know, but they didn't really prove that that guy was a member of Sandstorm, or that he was doing anything wrong, but they killed him anyway and like you said almost killed two innocent people as well.

• Love 1

I guess Ghost Roman is better than no Roman. But pretty funny that Remi's hallucinations give her such great advice. Maybe ask him the Lottery numbers next time he shows up, Remi.

I had totally forgotten who Blake was until reading here so it made no diff to me whether she died or not. But who inherits Dad's fortune now? Everyone's dead.

I pretty much didn't pay attention to this episode. I am tired of Jane/Remi being Remi/Jane, and the Sandstorm stuff doesn't make sense after it was pretty much done in a season or two ago. Plus now the one sole Sandstorm survivor is dead, right? So who cares. Not me I guess.

I still like Rich.com so it's worth watching for him. But evil Jane/Remi is tiring. She can't die quickly enough for me. And like Ghost Roman said, if he really had a cure, wouldn't he have used it first? Plus making the cure steps a puzzle is just stoopid.

I had forgotten Jane/Remi has a daughter until reading here too. Heck, I'd forgotten almost everything about this show now that I think about it. Good news: No daughter this episode. Yeay!

• Love 1

I was surprised by the poisoning, but I also couldn't imagine Blake as the new evil mastermind. I may drop this show as I'm not interested in Remi unless she has a sword fight in every episode. But then it wouldn't be Blindspot anymore, it would be Highlander or Into the Badlands.

I want to applaud Mastrantonio for going light on the plastic surgery and thus continuing to be recognizable as herself.  Beverly DeAngelo, Fran Drescher, Goldie Hawn and Rebecca DeMornay all have terrible plastic surgeons and now look like Muppets.

• Love 1

I am not going to like Jane being the bad guy. Her evil smirks are already annoying me, and I want Jane back! I hate Sandstorm and want all of them dead, so her having a reunion with her stupid mom is going to get me ragey.

I have no idea what they are doing with Zapata. It’s as if she’s on a completely different show.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Hook75 said:

The bitch who killed Roman is dead- I'm happy.

Ghost Roman will be gone if Jane is back so I'm (the only one) who is rooting for Remi to stay.

You aren't alone.. I like Remy.. Jane being back means Jane and Heller.. And he has been too much from episode one minute 0... So Remy doing what she was meant to do screwing over  corrupt government types while undercover at the FBI and possibly also working against them at times.. Excites me... But we are def in the minority 

I groaned at ghost Roman's appearance - not because I dislike the character but because I want Luke Mitchell to finally be free for other projects. He was terrific as Roman but occasional appearances as hallucination with a built-in expiration date are not giving him enough to do. Well, looks as if he's got another project lined up, this time as the lead (The Code) but there's not much info out yet.

Not particularly impressed with the return of Remy and this episode as a whole - well with the exception of the opening which was elegantly and cleverly shot and edited and everything else featuring Rich Dotcom. As long as Ennis Esmer is around I'll stick with this show.

On 10/12/2018 at 6:12 PM, UNOSEZ said:

I just started watching season 3 on Hulu after giving up on this show middle of season 2..  I just couldn't deal with how clingy seller was.. It creeped me out how he always always had to team up with Jane ( its been an issue since the pilot for me)  but when I saw a promo for the new season and I saw that she wasn't Jane anymore but remi.. And may be antagonistic towards the team I was intrigued... I'm a lil lost with the tasha plot but I understood the broadstrokes and remember a bit from recaps and seeing Jane actively working against everyone... And how she can't stand weller plus Roman popping up.. I was entertained... Does suck that she's fooling Reade in the field.. And I hope at some point she speaks a bit more about her mom being in the black site... Didn't she have a kid??  Coulda sworn I saw a promo where she had one.. Man weller is just so so extra what did Jane ever see in him

Kurt mentioned that Avery (Jane’s daughter) was “away at Brown”, so we can only hope that she stays away at achool and never comes home for holidays!

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Bridget said:

Kurt mentioned that Avery (Jane’s daughter) was “away at Brown”, so we can only hope that she stays away at achool and never comes home for holidays!

Was the daughter bad I just saw her for the first time in episode 5... I'm just trying to fill in some blanks because I watched the season 4 premiere before any of season 3

14 hours ago, mommalib said:

Reade need to leave Zapata alone, being underhanded is second nature to her. And they need to end this bad Jane stuff quickly she's already annoying me. 

According to the promo, she's already trying to kill Patterson, so it might not drag out the entire season.

On 10/12/2018 at 11:35 PM, KaveDweller said:

Did I hear Jane/Remi say she can't remember 2 and 1/2 years of her life? How does that work? There was a two year time jump between seasons 2 and 3, so everything else we've seen happen took place in six months?

Yes, I heard the same thing, and I came here for clarification.  She's acting as if she can't remember anything since she appeared in Times Square.  So the writers are clearly forgetting the time jump that they put in the show??  It made no sense.

6 hours ago, Free said:

According to the promo, she's already trying to kill Patterson, so it might not drag out the entire season.

I really hope so. Remy is tiresome, and so very yesterday. Flying the sandstorm flag when it's all but dead. I do want Remy to meet her daughter too.

By the next episode I hope Patterson realizes what's up with Jane/Remy.

Good to see Rich Dotcom being back. I hope Zapata is full on evil now.

17 hours ago, djinn said:

I really hope so. Remy is tiresome, and so very yesterday. Flying the sandstorm flag when it's all but dead. I do want Remy to meet her daughter too.

By the next episode I hope Patterson realizes what's up with Jane/Remy.

Good to see Rich Dotcom being back. I hope Zapata is full on evil now.

Patterson probably gets close, hence the attack.

I am heartened to see that I am not alone when I couldn't remember a lot of what happened at the end of last season.  When I didn't see Luke Mitchell's name in the credits, I was all, "oh yeah, he sacrificed himself in the spaceship.  Oh wait.  That was Agents of SHIELD.  But I remember him dying here too but can't remember how or why."

I couldn't remember why Tasha is now seemingly bad either.  Good to see Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio.  When I saw her name in the credits, I groaned, because I confused her name with Mary Stuart Masterton who played evil Director Hirst and I didn't want to see Hirst again.  Then when MEM showed up, I was saying "wow, haven't seen her since The Abyss!"  Almost didn't recognise her.  I think it's great that this show is giving work to these blast from the past actresses who had their height of fame in the 80s and 90s.

Upthread someone said they thought Sullivan Stapleton porked out over the offseason.  I actually thought he looks more youthful than ever.  Not sure if it's the haircut?  The haircut kind of makes him look like he did on Season 1 of "Strike Back".

Wish there was a way for Roman to actually not be dead.  I like the character.

On 10/13/2018 at 9:50 PM, UNOSEZ said:

Was the daughter bad I just saw her for the first time in episode 5... I'm just trying to fill in some blanks because I watched the season 4 premiere before any of season 3

When you say "bad" do you mean bad as in evil?  Or bad is in she's a horrible actress?  I don't recall her being evil.  There was just way too much angst because of her resentment at being abandoned by Jane, who didn't even know she had a child.  I hated the actress and her terrible acting, thought she didn't even remotely look like she could be a child of Jane's, and hope she is gone from the show for good.

30 minutes ago, blackwing said:

When you say "bad" do you mean bad as in evil?  Or bad is in she's a horrible actress?  I don't recall her being evil.  There was just way too much angst because of her resentment at being abandoned by Jane, who didn't even know she had a child.  I hated the actress and her terrible acting, thought she didn't even remotely look like she could be a child of Jane's, and hope she is gone from the show for good.

I meant  was she disliked as a character .. As to how she looks when I saw her I assumed the dad must be another race black Latino middle eastern or some combination seems most likely.. I'm guessing they didn't bring him on last season then. 

Ah, yes, Japan, where the Yakuza gangsters are all trained samurai living by the Bushido code.  The FBI acting as judge, jury, and executioner is par for the course. I can count on one hand all the people they've managed to bring in alive for questioning. I laughed out loud when the camera zoomed in on Rich's crossed fingers. Next time he'll probably just wink at the camera.

14 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

I meant  was she disliked as a character .. As to how she looks when I saw her I assumed the dad must be another race black Latino middle eastern or some combination seems most likely.. I'm guessing they didn't bring him on last season then. 

The actress sucked and the character wasn’t necessary to plot points. Think about the obligatory “stubborn teen butts into bad guys’ business just as the mission was completed and NOW everyone has to risk their life bc the 18 year old couldn’t follow directions from federal agents” you see on TV or in film. That’s Avery (Jane’s daughter). 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Bridget said:

The actress sucked and the character wasn’t necessary to plot points. Think about the obligatory “stubborn teen butts into bad guys’ business just as the mission was completed and NOW everyone has to risk their life bc the 18 year old couldn’t follow directions from federal agents” you see on TV or in film. That’s Avery (Jane’s daughter). 

Oh.. I know that character.. Yuck

• Love 1
On 10/12/2018 at 6:31 PM, Writing Wrongs said:

I wish they had done a previously, I was having a hard time remembering what happened last season.

Same.  Two seconds in I stopped it and Googled a recap. Good thing, because I'd completely forgotten all of it, which is a surprise considering how shocked I had been at Tasha "flipping" after she let Reid know how she felt and they finally got together. I really hope it's some kind of Deep cover thing she's on and that she hasn't really been a covert baddy all along. I really couldn't handle losing both her and Jane to the dark side, I don't think. I don't really care for Jane becoming Remi again, either, but at least in her case there is something of a precedent for it, and they had to do something to keep the show going without turning it into a generic cop show, not that it's too far removed from one anyways. All in all, not a bad opener; Weller is still a weak link, unfortunately. Nothing against Sullivan, but his range is limited and I think he can't really carry the boring "in recovery and pining for Jane" story he's been saddled with. They should have had him fully recovered back in the field.

• Love 1
On 10/12/2018 at 6:36 PM, mxc90 said:

From the preview for next week, it makes sense for Jane to attempt to kill Patterson. She is the only person that can mess up her plans.

Normally I'd complain about spoilers, even in preview form, but since I know Patterson/Ashley Johnson isn't likely going anywhere, I can let it slide. I would hope in future though, that any discussion of next episode previews will be spoiler tagged. Thanks in advance, Cheers.

On 10/12/2018 at 7:57 PM, omgsowicked said:

Poison Lady asking Zapata if she could kill a colleague seemed like a foreshadow between them rather than Zapata/Reade.

Oh, nice read, I can't believe I didn't pick up on that! to be honest, Tasha's story is the more compelling of the two, right now. I'm really kind of tired of the whole Sandstorm thing.

We just got this in the UK last week.

I'm hoping the show will do what it did in S1 and not drag plotlines out too much. Jane/Remy is really, really obviously off (especially killing the woman with the katana!) You can't have the characters being smart enough to decode complicated tattoos and yet too stupid to pick up on her really obviously sabotaging missions, suddenly killing a load more people more violently and also smirking evilly and speaking in a sort of emotionless monotone most of the time.

I still assume Tasha is in the midst of some kind of deep cover mission for the CIA (I thought her firing seemed very stagey and fake but time will tell).

Edited by Beatriceblake