Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E03: Boom

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

OK, so I wasn't fully paying attention, but the lawyer (or whatever) person came in and said that the Supreme Court said they couldn't ping any more.  And Bishop actually said "Vance would never sign off on that."  Really?  Vance decides which Supreme Court rulings they will follow?  I think not.  I was getting deja vu when Torres and Bishop were getting shot at.  Poor Vance.  Guy can't catch a break.  Not interested in someone trying to kill him.    Otherwise, kind of boring.  Funny that McGee watches reality TV, though.  It's fun sometimes to see random aspects of the characters' lives.  Not sure when he finds the time, though.  Seems like they work from dawn until midnight.

4 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

Why can’t Leon have nice things? And wouldn’t the PT know Leon Stalker was faking it?

Maybe not.  Depends on what the exact injury is.  Or maybe, depending on how many PTs are there, she doesn't even really have an appointment. She comes in.  Everyone assumes that she's waiting for an appointment and after a while she slips out.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I rather enjoyed that...and whomever said that people on here can't have a happy home life was spot on...the episode didn't put me to sleep and Kasie seemed to be fitting in nicely...

I missed Ducky but an noticing Palmer sorta morph into him.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Funny that McGee watches reality TV, though.  It's fun sometimes to see random aspects of the characters' lives. 

Whatever evil flying banshee dusted the writers with stupid dust ....should be shot down and made to watch Bravo real fishwives shows for a week, straight.

Delilah watches reality?  Nope. No way. No how.  Delilah is a smart woman and has children who are walking and talking and she is turning them into little people who giggle and laugh and amuse themselves when they aren't mimicing Mommy.  Tim comes home and interacts with his children, being the Dad that he wishes his Dad had time to be. 

Fer gosh sakes, don't dumb either of these folks down.  

And Leon...physical therapy is one thing, mental therapy is another and wouldn't he have needed that also, if not more so.  Dating a woman without doing a background check?  don't think so.

Way too much stupid dust floating through the air

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, enoughcats said:

Whatever evil flying banshee dusted the writers with stupid dust ....should be shot down and made to watch Bravo real fishwives shows for a week, straight.

Delilah watches reality?  Nope. No way. No how.  Delilah is a smart woman and has children who are walking and talking and she is turning them into little people who giggle and laugh and amuse themselves when they aren't mimicing Mommy.  Tim comes home and interacts with his children, being the Dad that he wishes his Dad had time to be. 

Fer gosh sakes, don't dumb either of these folks down.  

And Leon...physical therapy is one thing, mental therapy is another and wouldn't he have needed that also, if not more so.  Dating a woman without doing a background check?  don't think so.

Way too much stupid dust floating through the air

Lots of people have guilty pleasures that you wouldn't expect of them.  That's the "guilty" part.

Who does background checks before going on a date?  TAlk about an invasion of privacy.  OK, I guess someone who gets kidnapped on a semi-regular schedule would.

• Love 9

They need to leave my man Vance alone. I really thought he had found someone but nope. I still want them to bring back Mary Staurt Masterson for him some day. And now they got my attention because I want to know who has is out for Vance. But it was good seeing him get back in the game and reading that bomber.

• Love 3

Not to get overly political, but I disliked the anti privacy propaganda, the 4th Amendment exists for a reason and it’s a great thing, it isn’t good for the authorities to know everything about everyone, and I don’t like the propaganda implying that the 4th Amendment is a bad thing. 

The case was decent enough, McGee’s reactions were funny, I missed Ducky a lot though, NCIS just isn’t the same without him, and it seems they’ve decreased the ME’s role, Palmer wasn’t on much tonight. I’m still liking Kasie much better than Abby, she doesn’t do the childish behavior crap, and it’s nice to have Gibbs back in the lab, it was very unnatural how they kept him out of it all of last season because the actors couldn’t be professional enough to do their jobs. Nice to see Vance back in action and involved with the case, but what’s with the woman who’s apparently working with someone stalking Vance? 

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

Not to get overly political, but I disliked the anti privacy propaganda, the 4th Amendment exists for a reason and it’s a great thing, it isn’t good for the authorities to know everything about everyone, and I don’t like the propaganda implying that the 4th Amendment is a bad thing. 

The whole thing with having to get a warrant before pinging is that has been the law all along.  SCOTUS just made it clearer when some defendant made it an issue when some police department or agency like NCIS went ahead with out getting a warrant and that's how they arrested him.  NCIS agents should have known that all along, before the lawyer came back at the end to finish her talk.  Lots of cop shows have the police get warrants before doing things like searching someone's apartment.  It's not as if this is something new.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Runningwild said:

Actually my friend met a guy on plentyoffish.com and her sister had someone run a background check before she went out with him. 

That is a massive invasion of privacy and if I found out some guy ran a background check on me, there would NOT be a second date.

7 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I liked how McGee agreed in principle, but then was getting frustrated because he was used to doing it. Very human and realistic.  And, how he was tempted to do it "just this once" but then didn't.  I love McGee, but he hasn't been doing much lately, and by lately I mean for a whole season.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, mommalib said:

I still want them to bring back Mary Staurt Masterson for him some day.

I had forgotten about her. I agree - let's take a vote - who wants TPTB to bring Mary Stuart Masterson's character back for Vance after this storyline is over? ME and MOMMALIB - that's 2 votes so far! Are you listening Producers/Writers?

• Love 1

I shouted "REALLY?!" at the TV so many times after Fake PT Patient was revealed to be .. whatever she is, so many times that Mr. DVD told me to get a grip. I mean, really?????? Vance cannot possibly have some happiness, apparently.

We called the wife, then retracted when the guy accused his wife, then called the guy, then retracted.

• Love 1

NCIS Lawyer: "You can no longer ping a cell phone without a warrant."

Bishop: "That sucks. This means that dangerous criminals can get away."

McGee: "I agree with the Supreme Court. Sometimes privacy outweighs the need for security."

McGee then proceeds to break into a suspect's apartment without obtaining a warrant.

Is this show intentionally trying to be funny?

• Like 1
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Katy M said:

........I liked how McGee agreed in principle, but then was getting frustrated because he was used to doing it. Very human and realistic.  And, how he was tempted to do it "just this once" but then didn't.  I love McGee, but he hasn't been doing much lately, and by lately I mean for a whole season.

So true. The same can be said for his ghost family including Delilah and the twins. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, meira.hand said:

I got the impression that the fake PT patient and the guy handling her were part of an official investigation of some kind. In this case they could easily get the PT to help them as she would not be breaking the law.

Another possibility is she got someone to put on a fake cast then called the PT place and said she needed help learning to use crutches, so they gave her a legit appointment. 

11 hours ago, Katy M said:

That is a massive invasion of privacy and if I found out some guy ran a background check on me, there would NOT be a second date.

I liked how McGee agreed in principle, but then was getting frustrated because he was used to doing it. Very human and realistic.  And, how he was tempted to do it "just this once" but then didn't.  I love McGee, but he hasn't been doing much lately, and by lately I mean for a whole season.

McGee is actually my favorite character and I thought his role would expand after Ziva and then Tony left, but they have spent more time on newer characters like Bishop and now Torres.

• Love 2

Need help with something from the plot.  I fell asleep after they suspected the obsessed fan but a second bomb went off while he was being interrogated, so it couldn't have been him...then I woke up when Torres and Bishop were being shot at, but I don't know how they got to that point.  How did the guy shooting at them become a suspect?  

The timing of the second bomb had it being delivered to the delivery service while obsessed fan was being interrogated. 

The chemical signatures of the two bombs were identical and in the second one they found a more recognizable metal pin like the more melted piece of metal in the first bomb. Gibbs recognized that as the "Seal Pin", and they started looking for commonality between the two bombings.  First at Seals who had washed out and were in the potential first victim's Seal class, then at Seals who made it to a certain stage in the demolition training.  That gave them their suspect and they brought him in. After he shot at Torres , etc. as they were trying to bring him in.

2 hours ago, enoughcats said:

The timing of the second bomb had it being delivered to the delivery service while obsessed fan was being interrogated. 

The chemical signatures of the two bombs were identical and in the second one they found a more recognizable metal pin like the more melted piece of metal in the first bomb. Gibbs recognized that as the "Seal Pin", and they started looking for commonality between the two bombings.  First at Seals who had washed out and were in the potential first victim's Seal class, then at Seals who made it to a certain stage in the demolition training.  That gave them their suspect and they brought him in. After he shot at Torres , etc. as they were trying to bring him in.

Thanks!  

On 10/10/2018 at 12:18 AM, Xeliou66 said:

I’m still liking Kasie much better than Abby,

What I'm not liking is this magical transformation from a graduate assistant helping Ducky with his book, to a forensic analyst so multi-talented that she can reconstruct a freaking bomb from a few little fragments.

On 10/10/2018 at 12:18 AM, Xeliou66 said:

Nice to see Vance back in action 

Yes, but unless I missed it when I fell asleep, they didn't really show what caused him to get over himself and come back to work.  He had already conned the PT people into continuing to see him for another week and he was also putting off his daughter.  I don't think the interaction with Jack or with fake-PT-woman had an impact to get him back to work, so it rang hollow as to why he magically showed back up to work.

I also thought it was weird how Torres, Bishop et all were just standing around playing Hangman and leaving it up on that huge screen for so long.

• Love 3
On 10/9/2018 at 10:13 PM, Katy M said:

Lots of people have guilty pleasures that you wouldn't expect of them.  That's the "guilty" part.

Yes, however IIRC, when DiNozzo would do the movie quotes, McGee seemed to be disdainful of frivolous movies.  And even if McGee did watch the Housewives show, he wouldn't have been so fan-boy in terms of how he spoke to co-workers about it and how he was around the star.

23 hours ago, eel2178 said:

Another possibility is she got someone to put on a fake cast then called the PT place and said she needed help learning to use crutches, so they gave her a legit appointment. 

In the DC area, you can't just call a PT place and see somebody on your own.  You have to have a doctor's order.

Also, the whole part about them finding the obsessed fan carrying a box as he was leaving a store, and them thinking it was a bomb, seemed a bit OTT.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

seemed a bit OTT.

Yes, but that's NCIS all over:)

48 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

I don't think the interaction with Jack or with fake-PT-woman had an impact to get him back to work, so it rang hollow as to why he magically showed back up to work.

But I think we are supposed to believe that did the trick - especially the part about going out with PT woman.

Poor Vance can’t catch a break. I really liked the PT lady too. 

I liked the humor this week, and I continue to really like Kasie. This season hasn’t been as bad as I thought it was going to be.

1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

In the DC area, you can't just call a PT place and see somebody on your own.  You have to have a doctor's order.

If you're self-pay most physical therapists are willing to see you without an order. You need the doctor's order if you want insurance reimbursement.

• Love 2
On 10/10/2018 at 8:02 AM, Rambler said:

NCIS Lawyer: "You can no longer ping a cell phone without a warrant."

Bishop: "That sucks. This means that dangerous criminals can get away."

McGee: "I agree with the Supreme Court. Sometimes privacy outweighs the need for security."

McGee then proceeds to break into a suspect's apartment without obtaining a warrant.

Is this show intentionally trying to be funny?

I couldn't believe they just waltzed right in. Such sloppy writing.

<goes to YouTube and shoots a video>  Crying into the camera and saying, "Leave Leon ALOOOOOOONE!  You bastards!  He didn't do anything to you!  LEAVE LEON ALONE!!" 

Ok, composing myself now.  I mean, seriously though.  After all the guy has been through.  You have to set up something else to possibly harm him.  Definitely way too soon in any case for me.

My WTF moment was when Torres wanted Bishop to take the bullet out of him.  Right there in the middle of a shootout.  Really!?  He couldn't at least wait until backup showed up!?  Or even an ambulance.  Though I guess I got to admire the dude's pain tolerance for even asking for her to try and do that.

And I don't know why they were objecting so much to the warrantless pinging.  How many times has McGee hacked into various databases without permission or any sort of a warrant?  He's even done so with a wink and a nod from Gibbs.  Doing an occasional warrantless ping would be something I could easily see him doing anyway.  Question though -- if they were looking to find one of their own in case of an emergency, would they still need a warrant to do so?

Anyway, this was an OK episode.   Probably like this one better than the previous one.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, brgjoe said:

.  Question though -- if they were looking to find one of their own in case of an emergency, would they still need a warrant to do so?

Good question.  In that case though, the "pingee" isn't a suspect in a crime, also exigent circumstances, saving someone from danger, etc., etc.

• Love 3

It was shrapnel in Torres’s back, so it hurt whenever he moved and he needed it out to try to catch the shooter. I bought it, because most of it was sticking out and Bishop could have just lifted it out with the knife.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, LakeGal said:

I found myself cheering when the parcel thieves blew up. It was karma to me. Be careful what you steal. I dislike parcel thieves.

The tie-in with last week's Shark Tank was ironic. Too bad they aren't on the same network. They would have had a good opportunity to do a product-placement bit.