Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/1/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday, Oct. 1
Megan Mullally and Nick Offerman (“The Greatest Love Story Ever Told: An Oral History”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Oct. 2
Exclusive interview with actress Illeana Douglas who accused Les Moonves of sexual misconduct; Terri, Bindi and Robert Irwin (“Crikey! It’s the Irwins”)

Wednesday, Oct. 3
Constance Wu (“Fresh Off the Boat”; “Crazy Rich Asians”); Neil deGrasse Tyson (“Accessory to War: The Unspoken Alliance Between Astrophysics and the Military”)

Thursday, Oct. 4
Andrea “Drea” Kelly, ex-wife of R. Kelly

Friday, Oct. 5
 The Political View with Donna Brazile, Yolanda Caraway, Leah Daughtry and Minyon Moore (“For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Politics”)

• Love 2
6 hours ago, geekburger said:

I think it’s interesting they are letting Abby settle in and not having a fifth guest co-host. That’s wise of production. Although selfishly I’d love for them to have had Ana on a few days a week!

I agree.  But I can't help but think that The Bereaved One may have demanded there be no guest co-hosts during her leave.  That's why we're seeing her included in the opening each day, just so we don't forget she's still part of the show.  Unfortunately, I do think she carries a lot of 'weight' around there these days.

• Love 13

So which hosts are going to be squeamish and afraid of the animals the Irwins bring?  My guess?  All. Although if Abby holds a snake I will be more tolerant of her. 

(I think snakes are awesome.)

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 5
On 9/30/2018 at 6:36 AM, Badbea99 said:

I agree.  But I can't help but think that The Bereaved One may have demanded there be no guest co-hosts during her leave.  That's why we're seeing her included in the opening each day, just so we don't forget she's still part of the show.  Unfortunately, I do think she carries a lot of 'weight' around there these days.

I think there is no guest hosts out of respect.  I know they used guest hosts when Sarah was on maternity leave, but a bereavement leave just seems different.  I realize this doesn't make any sense.  :)  

• Love 2
18 hours ago, WhitneyWhit said:

Can someone please take the Irwins to the outback and leave them there?

I was trying to watch my favorite show on Animal Planet, North Woods Law, and every single commercial was the Irwins with Khaki is Back as a theme.  Argh!

1 hour ago, Wings said:

Fruit bats are my favorite animal. 

I used to not like bats until the Organization for Bat Conservation started doing programs at public libraries to bring the plight of the bats to the masses.  Like the bees and the Monarch butterflies they are close to endangered.  After posting the link I was shocked to see this.  How very timely as a topic, no?  Poor bats.

• Love 4

We put up bat houses when we lived rurally to encourage their presence.  It was fun to sit on the deck at night and watch them eat bugs.  They are really good at it.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 7

The big question, Meghan back or no.  There is more going on with her aside from grieving.   I am curious if she returns with a new perspective on how to approach conflict.  I think she got some necessary feedback from her family on manners.  I am an optimist.   Feedback on the braids, too.  ;> 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Kanye West acts stupid whenever he's trying to sell records. Let's just all collectively ignore him and maybe he'll go away.

I wish ignoring would actually make his disappear!  ?

25 minutes ago, Haleth said:

They just announced that Meghan will be back next week.

I’m so excited, I can hardly stand it!   I hope they don’t let her monopolize the show yap yapping about her grief.  Monday is probably a good day to miss.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, jumper sage said:

I was trying to watch my favorite show on Animal Planet, North Woods Law, and every single commercial was the Irwins with Khaki is Back as a theme.  Argh!

I used to not like bats until the Organization for Bat Conservation started doing programs at public libraries to bring the plight of the bats to the masses.  Like the bees and the Monarch butterflies they are close to endangered.  After posting the link I was shocked to see this.  How very timely as a topic, no?  Poor bats.

If you like North Woods Law, try reading Paul Doiron's series about Parks and Wildlife rangers in Maine. Easy, compulsive reading with lots of mystery,  nature, and contemporary issues. Love it!  

Not so much the View anymore.  I had all of last week DVR-ed, and deleted it just save myself frustration of the inanity of Whoops and  the ignorance of Ahbby-bot.   Still love Joy and like  Sunny, most of the time, but they're not enough.  

I am praying that MM will get her own show, ( and then tank,) just for her to stay off the View.  

I'm tired of dumb people on tv.

I read fiction now more than ever.  I get my news from Colbert and Seth Myer, or BBC online. 

How do the lying liars who lie, live with themselves? 

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 12
40 minutes ago, Haleth said:

They just announced that Meghan will be back next week.

A promo on Monday saying "and next week Meghan will be back"! Whoever said that they would make a big deal about her coming back was right!

• Love 7

Dear god and the universe, kanye is a colossal IDIOT

I agreed with Whoop yet again  ( I know, right?)  as in "keep that to yourself" or you might get punched heh

Edited by ari333
  • Love 7
36 minutes ago, Tosia said:

I am praying that MM will get her own show, ( and then tank,) just for her to stay off the View.  

Absolutely!  On Fox!  (I don't watch Fox).  We only want the best for her!!!  LOL

• Love 10

Not to defend Kanye because he's a bag of nuts these days, but part of the 13th amendment allows forced labor as a part of punishment, I've seen a couple people speculate that that's what he's referring to but he isn't smart enough/sane enough to express it clearly.

As for Meghan's grand return, well...

tumblr_loa54iovFb1qfs5jho1_500_large.gif

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Hmmm... Still no Meghan. Perhaps she has had a mental breakdown...

She is mental breakdown personified.  There is no where to go but up.  

Maybe her mother hired a stylist for her. 

• Love 6
On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 7:36 AM, Badbea99 said:

The Bereaved One

I'm sure in her mind she is the Aggrieved One.

1 hour ago, Vixenstud said:

You know you're hell bound for this, don't you?  And now I must clean off the water from my desk!

I will catch a ride with Badbea99.  Carpooling is good for the environment.

• Love 10

I was a week off, but it makes sense for Meghan to come back next week. Even though it seems no one is looking forward to her return, I'm excited about it. Abby isn't Ana, but her temperament is a huge contrast to Meghan.  Now that she is no longer the sole Republican on the table, I wonder how she'll behave while there. On the other hand, I'm nervous for Abby because she does seem like a pushover. (I mean this in the nicest way) She lets people talk and if Meghan cuts her off, I don't think she'll fight her over it.

1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

In the past people would say Kanye's talent outweighed his stupidity.  Not hearing too much of that anymore.

He's definitely being stupid, but at the same time it's known that he does suffer from bipolar disorder. Whenever he acts like this, it could be the manic side coming through not to mention that he may be suffering from other things as well. At first I was like, "Child you need to stop." But now I just think he needs help.

Edited by CheezyXpressed
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, fatewemake said:

A promo on Monday saying "and next week Meghan will be back"! Whoever said that they would make a big deal about her coming back was right!

Sigh.  It was great, well, err...more fun while it lasted.  I agree, thanks for the heads up.  Sigh.  Depressed again.  Im just not looking forward to the standing O, and all the applause.  Shes going to cry, Im going to cry.  Sigh. Not that i begrudge her all that, nor the reason why.  We sadly knew it was coming, and theres no getting past it. Maybe it would help for her Mom to join her on the first day, be a buffer.  They can both talk about it, and support each other.  I would feel better with that.  Note would feel better, not MM heehee.  J/k a little brevity for the sitch

4 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Nick Offerman was hilarious.  His comment about Kavanaugh made me almost spit out my water.

Was that the one Whoopi caught?  What did he say, i didnt catch it.  Those 2 are hysterical.  Never a better couple was there ever heeeeeeeeee

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Was that the one Whoopi caught?  What did he say, i didnt catch it.  Those 2 are hysterical.  Never a better couple was there ever heeeeeeeeee

Megan was talking about doing a live Instagram chat when a guy she was chatting with dropped his phone to his lap to show he wasn't wearing any pants, and Nick said, "And now he's nominated for the Supreme Court."

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Megan was talking about doing a live Instagram chat when a guy she was chatting with dropped his phone to his lap to show he wasn't wearing any pants, and Nick said, "And now he's nominated for the Supreme Court."

Meghan?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule

Kanye West stopped being good after College Dropout and I don't care what anyone says, I'll stand by that opinion. His music used to stand for substance and talk about real issues in the world and has been denigrated to autotune and lyrics that can't hold a candle to his earlier work back when he was sane and had someone who was willing to show him tough love and true love - his mother. Now he's forever a victim and saying stupid shit all of the time and thinking he's the smartest man on earth. His ego needs to be taken down a notch. His comments about wanting to abolish the 13th amendment is all you need to know about how smart he is and why you shouldn't trust shit from a man who proudly proclaims to not read. STFU already Kanye.

Matt Damon's portrayal on SNL was hilarious. I missed the days when these shows was about life imitating art. Now all comedy is about art imitating life.

I agree with Abby and Sunny regarding Banon. It's important to have conversations with one another but not with anyone under any condition and that's how you avoid normalizing certain beliefs like what Banon represents. Interviewing him means that you control the questions and context of the interview. Maher did not ask any question that gave Banon the platform to suggest white supremacy or make comments about Jews. He gave him a platform to argue his support of Trump on the economy, trade and taxes (and the latter he disagreed with how Trump handled it). I saw that interview and I'm going to be perfectly honest, Banon gave some semblance of reasoning to the strategy better than anything that's ever come from anyone in the current administration but like a lot of things, ideas sound great on paper but are harder to navigate in real life when you're expected to work with others to achieve your goals. There's no idea that is worth scorched earth to get your way and that ultimately is what many people see as failing right now.

Meghan and Nick are hilarious.

I'm sad the other Meghan will be back next week. I enjoyed the show without her.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I agree with Abby and Sunny regarding Banon. It's important to have conversations with one another but not with anyone under any condition and that's how you avoid normalizing certain beliefs like what Banon represents. Interviewing him means that you control the questions and context of the interview. Maher did not ask any question that gave Banon the platform to suggest white supremacy or make comments about Jews. He gave him a platform to argue his support of Trump on the economy, trade and taxes (and the latter he disagreed with how Trump handled it). I saw that interview and I'm going to be perfectly honest, Banon gave some semblance of reasoning to the strategy better than anything that's ever come from anyone in the current administration but like a lot of things, ideas sound great on paper but are harder to navigate in real life when you're expected to work with others to achieve your goals. There's no idea that is worth scorched earth to get your way and that ultimately is what many people see as failing right now.

There is a difference between having a respectful debate with someone who has differing views than giving a platform to someone who will simply argue their beliefs without respecting yours.  Bannon probably understood the ground rules when agreeing to appear on Real Time.  If he had said something Maher didn't like he could have just said OK thank you for coming and ended the interview.  But if Bannon is at an event he could say whatever he wanted and it wouldn't be so easy to get him to shut up.

• Love 5