Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E13: A Future to Believe In

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, qtpye said:

Mia is no prize but one optic she did not control was the coffee mug thing. Tristan showed her a coffee cup (I am not sure if that is what it was) and she says he can keep that and he kind of throws it at her feet.

Tristan thought Mia was going to pay his bills and it’s not happening. Mia is very passive aggressive but Tristan is no saint. Let’s just say they have matching mug shots.

This is the best description of that couple's dynamic that I've seen, ever. Even if it wasn't a coffee mug.

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Claire Voyant said:

Bobby and Danielle:  Only if Danielle can pull her head out of her ass long enough to take a breath and take a long look at the nice young man she has been gifted with and learn to appreciate him.   She's pretty aloof.  I wish Bobby well if she chooses to stay with him.  Maybe he can stay home and be a house husband and take care of the children while she fulfills her destiny with work.  . 

That's pretty harsh.  What do you think she should be doing differently? 

23 hours ago, Claire Voyant said:

Tristan and Mia:  If ever two people deserved each other it's these two. 

Tristan's petulance is annoying as hell.  Man the fuck up and deal with the reality you've allowed yourself to become mired in, Tris.   In all actuality it's no longer Mia's fault that you didn't walk earlier on.  Stop dragging out the inevitable and take a hike, rfn.  You'll both be healthier for it.   Do you pull the wings off of flies, too?  Just stop it.    

I think that stressful couple is almost finished.

Bobby and Danielle:  Only if Danielle can pull her head out of her ass long enough to take a breath and take a long look at the nice young man she has been gifted with and learn to appreciate him.   She's pretty aloof.  I wish Bobby well if she chooses to stay with him.  Maybe he can stay home and be a house husband and take care of the children while she fulfills her destiny with work.  . 

Actually, I think Dobby would be an awesome House Husband/SAH dad --and since Danielle makes more money than he does, and he's obviously the more nurturing one in that couple, it would make sense. 

I'm still hoping that they will be the ones to stay together.

• Love 3
On 9/26/2018 at 12:16 PM, psychoticstate said:

I think they're both shady.  I liked Tristan at first but his controlling attitude is stank. Tristan either flat out lied or avoiding mentioning the very real possibility that he could relocate to Houston which should have been a deal breaker for the show.

That said, once Mia was detained at the airport and the facts were known, Tristan should have bailed.  I'm not familiar with Texas laws but surely the fact that Mia was fraudulent and the marriage had not been consummated (heck, they hadn't even kissed on the lips at that point) would qualify for an annulment.  

That he stayed, and that Mia returned this week, reeks of money being the motivating factor.

Well said.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Which couple do you think were worse or are they winner, winner chicken dinner?.....

I'm going to go with Ryan and Jessica - anything that ends with a restraining order is a total train wreck......

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

These "experts" are such a joke!  ...Too bad it's not funny. They're playing "Create That Drama" with real people's lives.

But it's not like these real people had guns held to their heads.  They're going on this show for the fame/money/attention/whatever.  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Lusterleaf said:

They craziest part in all of this is after Mia and Tristans big blow up they are still saying "I love you" to each other. What a joke.

Yeah, it makes Danielle's reticence to say those words more meaningful - it's easy to say it and not mean it as those two prove......

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

lol --You mean, like Mia's previous relationship?

Ha! True, but I guess I meant between participants in this show; actually, now that I think about it, I'm surprised there haven't been more and worse disfunction than this. These experts have picked some seriously messed up people.......

• Love 4

I hadn’t deleted the ep so I rewatched the Tristan and Mia discussion.  Tristan did ask what her boss thought about the move to Houston and Mia said “he is excited for us”.  The next part was interesting as I didn’t catch it the first time I watched.

Tristan: “Mia and I have been talking about our future and what we needed to do in order to get ready for our move to Houston and we decided the insurance stuff was going to be combined because now we’re one so we got most of it done but not the health.  So she made a call like a week or so ago but she didn’t follow up on it.  She had gave me the # but it was the wrong #.”  (Poor grammar is all on Tristan, not me ?)

Sounds like there might have been multiple discussions about it and maybe they already combined other insurance (car or renter perhaps?).

I bet their recollections are so different that they don’t even know the truth anymore.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

That's pretty harsh.  What do you think she should be doing differently? 

Acknowledging his existence when she got home from being gone for several days, for starters. 

No eye contact with him as she greeted all the dogs first.   I'll admit that dogs are kind of difficult to ignore in their zeal to see their owners, but poor Bobby followed her around the place like a love-starved puppy, too.  I don't know if I'd be all that happy to play fourth fiddle to three dogs and I love all animals.

I get that she's distant, but that was a bit much, even for me.   Poor Bobby. 

• Love 12
25 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Does anyone think Amber's hair looks like Kellyanne Conway's hair?

https://galoremag.com/people-keep-tweeting-kellyanne-conway-needs-conditioner/

Amber could look so much better with less bleach and a good hair cut.

Amber looks much better with less bleach and a good hair cut. It's pretty easy to find photos of her online as a brunette --in fact, one of the so-called "experts" mentioned that she had been brunette when they first cast her for the show.

• Love 1

Actually, I think Dobby would be an awesome House Husband/SAH dad --and since Danielle makes more money than he does, and he's the obviously the more nurturing one in that couple, it would make a lot of sense. 

I agree.  He'd be an awesome stay at home dad.  If he can learn to deal with the ice maiden, they could work.  I just think Bobby is going to be more needful as time goes on and i fear Ms. Danielle isn't going to be able to say those magic words nearly as often as he or any partner deserves to hear them.   

So, I vacillate on whether I want them to stay together.  I'm thinking she needs to loosen up a little bit before she hurts Bobby.  She won't WANT to hurt him, but she will and when she does...will she really be able to care?  

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Claire Voyant said:

I agree.  He'd be an awesome stay at home dad.  If he can learn to deal with the ice maiden, they could work.  I just think Bobby is going to be more needful as time goes on and i fear Ms. Danielle isn't going to be able to say those magic words nearly as often as he or any partner deserves to hear them.   

Hmm. I think "ice maiden" is a bit harsh. Danielle smiles at him, sometimes cuddles up to him, and is always thanking him for things he does for her. She's even asked a couple of times (on camera) what he needs her to do for him --but Bobby usually doesn't answer with anything specific (except for the one time he asked her to clean up the puppy diarrhea that night).

So, I vacillate on whether I want them to stay together.  I'm thinking she needs to loosen up a little bit before she hurts Bobby.  She won't WANT to hurt him, but she will and when she does...will she really be able to care?  

I've gotta admit, when Danielle came home from that business trip and zeroed in on kissing the dogs, not even looking at Bobby first, I was aghast. Hopefully, she'll learn some better ways (besides sex) to give Bobby the affirmations he seems increasingly desperate for.

No, I don't want her to say "I love you" unless she means it. I'm talking about things like saying how much she enjoys leaning against him on the couch, and (especially) telling him she really missed him while he was gone. (Instead, she talked about how much she really missed the dogs!) 

If these "experts" were real counselors, they would already have spent a lot of effort toward avoiding the situation you described, in which Bobby really gets hurt.

I get it that Danielle has difficulty expressing her feelings. --But just like Amber had to learn to think before freaking out and assuming every word of criticism from Dave was the ultimate rejection, Danielle needs to "defrost" a little bit and deliberately say those kinds of things, for the health of their relationship and because Bobby needs to hear how she feels.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

I get it that she has difficulty expressing her feelings. --But just like Amber had to learn to think before freaking out and assuming every word of criticism from Dave was the ultimate rejection, Danielle needs to "defrost" a little bit and deliberately say those kinds of things, for the health of their relationship and because Bobby needs to hear how she feels.

If anybody remembers the last shot of the 2 couples leaving the park after their games, Danielle put her arm around Bobby and he then did her.  Amber and Dave just walked side by side.  I thought that was telling on Danielle's part.  She may not be totally in love yet with Bobby, but she's getting there.  The show wants drama and keeps picking on her being "cold", but I don't think she is.

• Love 11
Just now, JapMo said:

If anybody remembers the last shot of the 2 couples leaving the park after their games, Danielle put her arm around Bobby and he then did her.  Amber and Dave just walked side by side.  I thought that was telling on Danielle's part.  She may not be totally in love yet with Bobby, but she's getting there.  The show wants drama and keeps picking on her being "cold", but I don't think she is.

I really hope you're right about that. I'd love to see those two get their "happily ever after".

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, JapMo said:

I do think she is getting a "cold edit" that makes it seem worse or more dramatic than it actually is, because without that, what would there be to say about these two? Absolutely nothing. They are happy.

It's that old Tolstoy chestnut: "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way."

No drama in normal people living a normal life.......

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Actually, I think Dobby would be an awesome House Husband/SAH dad --and since Danielle makes more money than he does, and he's the obviously the more nurturing one in that couple, it would make a lot of sense. 

2 hours ago, Booger666 said:

I hadn’t deleted the ep so I rewatched the Tristan and Mia discussion.  Tristan did ask what her boss thought about the move to Houston and Mia said “he is excited for us”.  The next part was interesting as I didn’t catch it the first time I watched.

Tristan: “Mia and I have been talking about our future and what we needed to do in order to get ready for our move to Houston and we decided the insurance stuff was going to be combined because now we’re one so we got most of it done but not the health.  So she made a call like a week or so ago but she didn’t follow up on it.  She had gave me the # but it was the wrong #.”  (Poor grammar is all on Tristan, not me ?)

Sounds like there might have been multiple discussions about it and maybe they already combined other insurance (car or renter perhaps?).

I bet their recollections are so different that they don’t even know the truth anymore.

42 minutes ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

I really hope you're right about that. I'd love to see those two get their "happily ever after".

I would put Vegas odds on Danielle an Bobby succeeding in a very big way. I would imagine that they might even get cast on the new (pure speculation on my part).  Bobby would be a wonderful SAHD and it would be interesting if they go this route. I think Doug is as SAHD from the Jaimie Otis/Doug relationship but that might not have been a choice on his part. I think Jaimie has said that Doug as had trouble keeping a job and Jaimie has a crazy schedule with filming so it just made sense for them, though he might be working by now.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

I do think she is getting a "cold edit" that makes it seem worse or more dramatic than it actually is, because without that, what would there be to say about these two? Absolutely nothing. They are happy.

I don't actually think they are making her look "cold", but they are definitely showing much, much less reciprocity in vocalizing feelings, and it's not just editing.  I really hope that she can provide what Bobby wants/needs, because I like them as a couple.

53 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

No drama in normal people living a normal life.......

True dat.  All the editing monkeys could manage to show to stir up drama in the preview for the episode we just had, was to quote Dave and make it seem like Danielle and Bobby fought during the games.  But it was a big nothing burger in terms of drama.  Either we are in for an upcoming major shocker of drama with them, or they're going to just cruise to decision day.

• Love 3

Whenever the contestants were video chatting with Dr. Jessica, I couldn’t help but wonder if her extreme face only close up chats were due to Jon sitting right there next to her.  I almost expected to see him lean into the frame as she was talking to Mia.  That was about the only thing that got me through this week’s extended train wreck. 

Edited by reallyjustjen
  • Love 3

I think Pastor Cal is the biggest problem in the Mia/Tristan relationship.  

Tristan is shallow.  The pastor should not have overlooked that.   

Mia is a known liar.  I don't believe anything she says anymore.  The pastor and other "experts" should have pulled the plug right after the arrest.  

The only problem with putting her out is that the pastor came along and guilted him into letting her back in.  Pastor Cal cares about the show, not the participants.

There's only one known liar in this threesome, though, and that's Mia.  Tristan gets my sympathy, unapologetically.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Claire Voyant said:

Acknowledging his existence when she got home from being gone for several days, for starters. 

No eye contact with him as she greeted all the dogs first.   I'll admit that dogs are kind of difficult to ignore in their zeal to see their owners, but poor Bobby followed her around the place like a love-starved puppy, too.  I don't know if I'd be all that happy to play fourth fiddle to three dogs and I love all animals.

I get that she's distant, but that was a bit much, even for me.   Poor Bobby. 

I agree she needs to realize the nice warm fuzzy feeling she gets when Bobby tells her how much her lovers her needs to be reciprocated or at some point he'll become as cold as she is...I suspect she does have a big heart just needs to throw caution to the wind. She married at first sight right?

• Love 1

Tristan and Mia..

The train wreck is upon us. No amount of duct tape or Dr Pepper is going to put Humpty together. We did see the ugly side of Tristan this week like a volcano exploding under pressure. I think the only remaining question is if they hang in until the last show. Too bad they didn't make it to the outing I think they would have been more competitive. 

Dave and Amber...

Much to my surprise this couple seems to be hitting a stride. Dave gave her some much needed assurance that he plans to stay married to her. I have a feeling she is something else in the sack...and that makes guys happy. Happy guys start thinking about the future. I imagine he's no slouch either. Sex won't make a relationship but really good sex can be a motivation to fix the other issues.

Bobby and Danielle...

She just needs to open up. Ask Amber for advice on pleasing men. Let her real eyebrows grow out. Bobby at some point needs to bark and be a husband...

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Ya know, much as "we" love Ricky Bobby and think Danielle is one lucky dame,  she might not. 

Right.  If Danielle should love him by now, then by that reasoning every woman who could have been matched up with him should love him by now, as well, and I just don't think that's realistic.  I, for example, would enjoy having someone wait on me like that, but through the teevee, anyway, I feel no attraction toward him at all, and I hate his house and I'm leery of his family.  And it's not that I go for the "bad boys," either.  He just doesn't do it for me.

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Right.  If Danielle should love him by now, then by that reasoning every woman who could have been matched up with him should love him by now, as well, and I just don't think that's realistic.  I, for example, would enjoy having someone wait on me like that, but through the teevee, anyway, I feel no attraction toward him at all, and I hate his house and I'm leery of his family.  And it's not that I go for the "bad boys," either.  He just doesn't do it for me.

Yeah, he seems like a great guy but I would not be attracted to him or his family at all. It would be hard for me to get over no matter how nice he was.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Booger666 said:

So much this. Since she did such a fine job of playing stupid when he asked her why she blurted out to her father and sister their tentative plans to move to Houston at the "light" lunch, and again when she didn't realize she shouldn't broadcast that he was uncomfortable, and constantly when she tries to figure out why he doesn't trust her -  it didn't seem like such a stretch that she would consider not following through on the insurance situation they had obviously agreed to as just another 'no big deal'.  She's an idiot. Ditto with him throwing her out.  Three sides to that story, I imagine, and she's an idiot. 

• Love 4

So.  Hubby and I got home from London on Friday.  We were so happy to see our dog. We didn’t care about anything but our dog.  

So I get it.  If I came home from a trip and fawned over our dog and 2 cats, he would understand.  And vice versa.  

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Meowwww said:

So.  Hubby and I got home from London on Friday.  We were so happy to see our dog. We didn’t care about anything but our dog.  

So I get it.  If I came home from a trip and fawned over our dog and 2 cats, he would understand.  And vice versa.  

I'm an animal lover too, and I 'get' that. 

But I bet you and your hubby have been married more than 6 weeks, and you probably established your love for each other years ago.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Much to my surprise this couple seems to be hitting a stride. Dave gave her [Amber] some much needed assurance [??] that he plans to stay married to her. I have a feeling she is something else in the sack...and that makes guys happy. Happy guys start thinking about the future. I imagine he's no slouch either. Sex won't make a relationship but really good sex can be a motivation to fix the other issues.

I'd bet against odds that Dave and Amber are done on Decision Day. 

But you could be right. Dave may be so eager to come off as the 'good guy' that they both say "stay together" and are lauded as "yet another MAFS success".

If that happens... For sure, 6 months later they won't be together anymore.

She [Danielle] just needs to open up. Ask Amber for advice on pleasing men. Bobby at some point needs to bark and be a husband...

Yeah, maybe she'd prefer 'doggy style,' lol

Or, unfortunately, maybe Danielle prefers more dominant men.

• Love 2
On 9/27/2018 at 1:14 PM, Booger666 said:

It is, perhaps, more important to know what was filmed just before Tristan booted Mia out. Re-watching it, Mia had been questioning whether Tristan would continue talking over her and getting really angry after they were living in Houston (where she has no support group). Tristan said [quoting the  show footage]: "...So you want to stay in Dallas?" and Mia responded, "Yes."  And Tristan was all, "Well, I'm moving to Houston!That's when he started packing up her stuff and throwing it out of 'their' apartment.

It seems that when Tristan and Mia "discuss" things, Tristan talks over Mia a lot and/or sometimes doesn't even seem to notice she's *trying* to say something to him. (And Mia, in turn, looks down at something while Tristan is 'discussing' things at her, probably muttering "uh-huh" occasionally to placate Tristan -without really listening.)

They may have had "multiple discussions" about a topic and ended up with completely different beliefs about what conclusions they came to!

...At this point, it's clear that if there ever was "truth" in that relationship, it's all tangled up in their lies and assumptions and miscommunications.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As Drew Paul said:

"The train wreck is upon us. No amount of duct tape or Dr Pepper is going to put Humpty together. We did see the ugly side of Tristan this week like a volcano exploding under pressure. I think the only remaining question is if they hang in until the last show."

• Love 1

Or, unfortunately, maybe Danielle prefers a more dominant man.

This is sometimes the case.  I was just reading something about where guys who are overly smitten & give & do the way Bobby does are typically on the insecure side & a turn off for many women.  I don't know if that's the case with them, just commenting. My guess is they're still together but I'm not sold on them lasting for the long haul.

But you could be right. Dave may be so eager to come off as the 'good guy' that they both say "stay together" and are lauded as "yet another MAFS success".

If that happens... For sure, 6 months later they won't be together anymore.

This, absolutely.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 1

Yeah, I'd wager that Dave and Amber stay together on decision day, but a break up is inevitable. By now they shouldn't be talking to each other so formally, they should be acting lovey dovey and comfortable with each other. Not saying everyone has to be the same way, but while they look like they might have fun doing activities together, they don't seem to like each other romantically or seem like they can get there. I can't blame Dave. I'd be very turned off by someone who took everything I said and twisted it to mean i'm not interested in them. And I can't blame Amber. He really does come off as aloof and stiff. He's not the type of guy who is gonna give you tons of compliments and act cutesy. He's the type that sounds like he's always discussing business even when he's trying to be romantic. He wouldn't be my type. Bobby would be my type. But to each their own. Tristan is just on the show to be on someone else's health insurance and that was pretty clear from this last episode.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

This is sometimes the case.  I was just reading something about where guys who are overly smitten & give & do the way Bobby does are typically on the insecure side & a turn off for many women.  I don't know if that's the case with them, just commenting. My guess is they're still together but I'm not sold on them lasting for the long haul.

This is basically what I've been saying in earlier episode threads - That when one person in a relationship develops strong feelings before the other one and starts smothering them with attention and goes overboard doing favors to please them, it can scare away the feelings of the other person even if they would under more equitable circumstances develop them.  Then that person becomes confused as to whether they love the smitten one or just love all the great stuff they're doing for them.  That's where Danielle stands now and it's Bobby's fault.  It's not that she's necessarily turned off by it or him, it's just confusing her.  That may work out in time, though.  She obviously knows she likes him a lot so that's a big plus.  I still think Bobby should take a couple of steps back to let Danielle "find her feelings" for him.  This is basic couples therapy stuff.  Too bad the so-called "experts" on this show aren't up to helping them with that!

I've also been repeating the mantra since early on that Bobby's behavior is indicative of insecurity, perhaps even more than Amber has!

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 5
On 9/27/2018 at 1:26 PM, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Actually, I think Dobby would be an awesome House Husband/SAH dad --and since Danielle makes more money than he does, and he's obviously the more nurturing one in that couple, it would make sense. 

I don't think that Bobby will ever let himself become a SAHD... he is very into traditional gender roles based on his conversations with Danielle- he said he always imagined himself to be the one who works and supports the family while the wife stays home and cares for the kids (just as his mom had, and now his sister is doing).

• Love 2
Just now, Lusterleaf said:

I don't think that Bobby will ever let himself become a SAHD... he is very into traditional gender roles based on his conversations with Danielle- he said he always imagined himself to be the one who works and supports the family while the wife stays home and cares for the kids (just as his mom had, and now his sister is doing).

You're right, of course. He'd probably be a great SAHD, but their kids will most likely end up at day care (or Grandma's) because Bobby does have strong feelings about that.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:
14 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I'm an animal lover too, and I 'get' that. 

But I bet you and your hubby have been married more than 6 weeks, and you probably established your love for each other years ago.

You were away & arrived home together though, not one being away for a few days from the other one. Regardless, presumably there's a history between you both with a real foundation, not having been matched by a TV show & only together for a few weeks.

Bobby was also the one taking care of all the fur 'kids' for those few days she was away, including her own & the (at least 1 that I saw) foster pup - which is supposed to be her gig that he's been so "supportive" of he's actually been taking all the grunt work out of it for her. That in itself deserves he should be greeted first (not to mention that he's a human & her husband - & I'm saying that as an animal lover too).

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Lusterleaf said:

You're right, of course. He'd probably be a great SAHD, but their kids will most likely end up at day care (or Grandma's) because Bobby does have strong feelings about that.

I think Bobby is young - young enough that he may change on that in time if Danielle has anything to do with it, and it looks like she will.   Some guys seem really entrenched in traditional gender roles but I think he's still "trainable", like my mother would have called it.  He doesn't have much LTR experience so Danielle can "break him in" right, LOL.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

You were away & arrived home together though, not one being away for a few days from the other one. Regardless, presumably there's a history between you both with a real foundation, not having been matched by a TV show & only together for a few weeks.

Bobby was also the one taking care of all the fur 'kids' for those few days she was away, including her own & the (at least 1 that I saw) foster pup - which is supposed to be her gig that he's been so "supportive" of he's actually been taking all the grunt work out of it for her. That in itself deserves he should be greeted first (not to mention that he's a human & her husband - & I'm saying that as an animal lover too).

Yessss!!!!!  It's one thing to be distant and quite another when you won't even LOOK at your husband after being gone for an hour, a day, a week or however long.  How would anyone feel with a greeting of nothingness????  It made me really lose respect for her and her grasp on simple common decency. 

Like you, I'm an animal lover and I get that she missed the dogs, but it made me sad for Bobby and I hope she is kind enough to let him go if she can't muster up enough "like" for him to even look at him and smile after being away for days.  

Telling him she'd miss his coffee didn't do much for me, either.   She's been a taker so far and there's nothing charming about it even if she does occasionally ask if he wants her to do something.  Initiative, Danielle.  Just care enough to DO something besides hand over your debt and move into his house.  

Edited by Claire Voyant
  • Love 5

I think that Amber believes that if she acts younger than she is that people will believe it.  She has portrayed herself at times as "ditzy" which many people think is cute.  However, in this episode when she said she wanted to retire at 55 and would she have grandchildren by then to come and visit her at the retirement community, it became clear to me that she wants people to think that she is younger than her actual age.  I loved that Dave was all "um, no, they would still be in high school."  It actually explained a lot of her insecurities and actions to me.  She is desperate to be seen as younger than she is.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I think that Amber believes that if she acts younger than she is that people will believe it.  She has portrayed herself at times as "ditzy" which many people think is cute.  However, in this episode when she said she wanted to retire at 55 and would she have grandchildren by then to come and visit her at the retirement community, it became clear to me that she wants people to think that she is younger than her actual age.  I loved that Dave was all "um, no, they would still be in high school."  It actually explained a lot of her insecurities and actions to me.  She is desperate to be seen as younger than she is.

I'm afraid our Umber's ditz ship done sailed off into Lamebrain Lake of the Lost.  She seems a little fried and it's not just her hair I'm talkin' about, either.

I think, despite his arrogance, Dave would appreciate a bit more of a meeting of the minds.  Amber seems a bit...involved with Amber thoughts and one doesn't need to dive very deep to keep up. 

I pity her children if Paisley is any indication of the attention they'll receive.   Yeah, I know they'll survive,, because kids are tough, but I hope she'll be able to keep up with the demands of a child.  No sleeping in, Amber honey.  Wakey, wakey, eggs and bacey.  :D 

Edited by Claire Voyant
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Claire Voyant said:

Yessss!!!!!  It's one thing to be distant and quite another when you won't even LOOK at your husband after being gone for an hour, a day, a week or however long.  How would anyone feel with a greeting of nothingness????  It made me really lose respect for her and her grasp on simple common decency. 

Like you, I'm an animal lover and I get that she missed the dogs, but it made me sad for Bobby and I hope she is kind enough to let him go if she can't muster up enough "like" for him to even look at him and smile after being away for days.  

I don't know, I'm a dog lover from waaaay back and it looked to me like Danielle didn't really have a choice because the dogs were all over her immediately when she walked through the door.  There was no way they were going to let her past them without getting her attention first.  I don't think she planned it that way.   

• Love 2
15 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

What woman (over 25) doesn't want to look younger than she is?? 

8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I don't know, I'm a dog lover from waaaay back and it looked to me like Danielle didn't really have a choice because the dogs were all over her immediately when she walked through the door.  There was no way they were going to let her past them without getting her attention first.  I don't think she planned it that way.   

I have a dog & have had more than one & they can be ignored for a few minutes while humans are greeted. Actually, it's often recommended as they are calmer once you're in the home for a few minutes & greeting them when they're calmer is easier on everyone. It also keeps the humans established as alpha in the pack, which is important.

However, I've considered the fact that since this is "Reality TV" it was most likely a staged re-entry after being mic'd up, so we probably didn't see their first greeting when she did go to Bobby first... hopefully.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I have a dog & have had more than one & they can be ignored for a few minutes while humans are greeted. Actually, it's often recommended as they are calmer once you're in the home for a few minutes & greeting them when they're calmer is easier on everyone. It also keeps the humans established as alpha in the pack, which is important.

However, I've considered the fact that since this is "Reality TV" it was most likely a staged re-entry after being mic'd up, so we probably didn't see their first greeting when she did go to Bobby first... hopefully.

It depends on the dogs, I think.  My dogs were always rather forward and energetic about greeting me and family at the door and wouldn't take no for an answer.  The longer we were away the more ardent and insistent they became.  Danielle was away for a few days, which was probably unusual for her and the dogs.  Plus Bobby was sitting in another room at the time, or at least on the other side of the room.  Why didn't he get up and come greet her at the door himself once he heard the noise?  I have wondered why that wasn't the most pertinent question here.  But I agree with you that the show re-enacts some scenes like this so we don't know the real timing of things.

Also, I just think Danielle is very averse to PDAs, especially on camera.  Obviously, we know she's having sex with Bobby so there must be a lot more she's willing to do in private.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 1