Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

I guess that is confirmation the audio is legit. I thought there was a possibility it was planted, but now I'm just surprised they couldn't stop someone from getting their hands on an audio clip.

Listened to the audio on my phone.  Yeesh, that's grisly.  The shouting and screaming is so weird, like they bussed in other people to serve as a screaming chorus since it doesn't really sound like the actors/characters.  I'm not sure about a name (Glenn) being called out, it kinda sounds like it but it could be pareidolia since I knew to listen for his name before I heard it.  I'll have to try again when I get home on a computer with better speakers.

AMC or someone involved with TPTB at TWD is not happy. Honestly, did they not expect any of this to leak?

If the story about how the spoilers were sourced is true (posted at the forum) then AMC is fundamentally stupid.  Of course there'd be a leak, how could there not be?  Even Game of Thrones learned this lesson after the first four episodes were leaked from last year and as a result HBO is not sending out advance episodes for review this season.   

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 1

Random thoughts: I think all of our people are wearing gags. I've seen something I think from AMC that shows Daryl tied and wearing gag. (True. I don't know if it's true or when it's supposed to be.) I think it makes sense that they are, otherwise everyone would be talking and screaming. I also think gags keep the prisoners further in line. They can't talk tough. And it's isolating.

On the audio I heard Negan talking to Rick. [bTW - how come everyone knows Rick's name?] Negan asks a question, yet there's no clearly audible spoken answer. (Again, I don't know if this is the entire audio, or if it's even real.) You know Rick - if he could answer he would.

Another thing, when Negan stops at the person who is sick or weak (Maggie probably) and says he'd be doing them a favor to put them out of their misery, you hear a lot of whining (for want of a better term. They're gagged, so they can only . . . gurgle, or talk thru the gag.) Now, I think I hear Glenn in the background saying "no" in a gurgled voice. To me, he has a distinctive voice.

And I do think it's Glenn who Negan finally settles on. I think I "heard" Maggie.

What's odd is when Negan was talking to Rick about Carl and making him eat his last eye, you hear nothing from Rick, not even a gurgle. But, I suppose Rick was using his eyes to kill Negan with lightening bolts.

• Love 1

I really couldn't hear any specific names being yelled out in the audio clip.  I didn't hear what so many other people are saying they heard.  I couldn't tell what was happening or who was yelling/screaming/crying, and I certainly couldn't tell who was "meeting" Lucille.  But I could very much hear the crunch of the bat hitting a skull -- at one point it sounded like someone bit into a potato chip -- and that was very unsettling.  That crunch sound may not come across as clearly when the scene airs on TV because there will be visuals to distract people, but in a clip where all we have is audio... it was disturbing.

• Love 3

Indeed.

Seems kind of redundant to end last week with "Hey!  Whose blood was that?" and next week with "Hey!  Whose head was that?"

I think tension can be sustained for <groan> six months with "Holy shit, the team's in a dodgy position."

So what you're saying is, they're in a tight spot.

;)

I thought that Carl was the one who Negan contemplated then referenced...'being put out of misey' (?).

My memory is that he started with Maggie (if that's who it was). He said something about her not looking well and putting her out of her misery. Then later he starts in on Rick. He says, "Who's the leader? Are you Rick?" Then he turned to Carl (I can't remember now if he immediately went to Carl.) Then he said something odd that led me to believe that he knew Rick and Carl were father and son. (But maybe not. Maybe it was just a hunch.)

I can't remember now if Negan specifically said "I'll take your last eye and make Rick?Your father? (Or, just "him") eat your eye."

That's what I remember.

Let me correct this real quick. When he was talking to Maggie (or who I thought it was), he didn't use her name or "he" or "she." So, I don't think we KNEW the sex of the person he was talking to. I assumed it was Maggie because of "not looking well. "

Now that I think of it, it could be Daryl since he was just shot.

Edited by JackONeill
  • Love 1

I really couldn't hear any specific names being yelled out in the audio clip.  I didn't hear what so many other people are saying they heard.  I couldn't tell what was happening or who was yelling/screaming/crying, and I certainly couldn't tell who was "meeting" Lucille.  But I could very much hear the crunch of the bat hitting a skull -- at one point it sounded like someone bit into a potato chip -- and that was very unsettling.  That crunch sound may not come across as clearly when the scene airs on TV because there will be visuals to distract people, but in a clip where all we have is audio... it was disturbing.

Thought it was just me. I just hear screaming in general, was blaming my old lady ears!

• Love 2

So what you're saying is, they're in a tight spot.

;)

ROTFL! 

I was just making a little "dodgy" pun about baseball bats, but now I'm going to ping on bug-eyed George Clooney saying "Damn, boys, we're in a tight spot!" . . .for the rest of my life.  Good one!

P.S.  Don't write me back; I've sworn off this thread for the next three days.  I placed my money on Glen, but I don't want to know who crosses the finish line until Sunday.

• Love 1

I thought that Carl was the one who Negan contemplated then referenced...'being put out of misey' (?).

JackONeill is right. Negan is talking to Maggie. I know this from the written spoilers, not the audio file. Maggie is still in the middle of having a miscarriage (I assume) and Negan is about to kill her because she's in agony. Glenn freaks out and that's why Negan says they get one free pass and chooses someone else.

The other spoiler that I was just reminded of is how Rick and Co learn Michonne and Daryl are hostages. The saviors have set up several roadblocks. One is  a group of chained walkers. One walker is wearing Daryl's winged jacket and another walker is sporting some of Michonne's dreads. I assume Rick and Co will assume Daryl and Michonne are dead when they see this, which should be a dramatic moment.

• Love 2

JackONeill is right. Negan is talking to Maggie. I know this from the written spoilers, not the audio file. Maggie is still in the middle of having a miscarriage (I assume) and Negan is about to kill her because she's in agony. Glenn freaks out and that's why Negan says they get one free pass and chooses someone else.

The other spoiler that I was just reminded of is how Rick and Co learn Michonne and Daryl are hostages. The saviors have set up several roadblocks. One is  a group of chained walkers. One walker is wearing Daryl's winged jacket and another walker is sporting some of Michonne's dreads. I assume Rick and Co will assume Daryl and Michonne are dead when they see this, which should be a dramatic moment.

Jesus (my Lord and Savior [not these shady Saviors, though], not this shifty Jesus on the show), this is intense! I now know I made the right decision by taking Monday off from work.

• Love 3

I listened to the audio and dear God, this episode is going to kill me. That was horrible.

Negan is scary as hell, but he went a little overboard with the monologing. We get it, you own them now! Sheesh....

I'm still holding out hope that we will at least know the identity of Lucille's first victim at the end of the episode, because I'd rather know and start the grieving process now than spend another five months without knowing.

I do think it's Glenn because I too heard his voice being screamed. Even if Morgan gets his own round of skull piñata next season, nothing will ever make this okay.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 2

Has Negan's line-up been confirmed? Based on the previews, my guess is:

Rick, Carl, Maggie, Glenn, Michonne, Daryl, Abraham, Aaron

If Rosita survives the encounter with Dwight, then she should be in the line-up as well. I'm assuming that Sasha is back at Alexandria. If anyone has other information, please post it.

Has Negan's line-up been confirmed? Based on the previews, my guess is:

Rick, Carl, Maggie, Glenn, Michonne, Daryl, Abraham, Aaron

If Rosita survives the encounter with Dwight, then she should be in the line-up as well. I'm assuming that Sasha is back at Alexandria. If anyone has other information, please post it.

Based upon some of the names I've seen, there aren't many people left behind. They must be having an open house, maybe handing out lemonade to anyone who stumbles by.

Seriously, though, I can't remember about Sasha, but I think she's back in Alex.

• Love 1

I can't make anything out on the audio for a screamed name, just a lot of "AAAAAAUGH"s and "EEEEEEE"s. And really, what's the point of doing a cliffhanger intended to obscure the identity of the victim, if they include discernible audio of the victim's name being screamed? That makes no sense to me.

• Love 3
(edited)

Thought it was just me. I just hear screaming in general, was blaming my old lady ears!

Lol.  I thought the same thing at first, wondering if my hearing was just failing me.  I mean, I heard a lot of yells and screams -- and I heard the crunch of the bat hitting whatever it hit that was supposed to be a skull -- but I didn't specifically hear a name mentioned other than when Negan addressed Rick.  I suppose I could go back and listen again... but I just don't know if I can handle listening to that again.

I listened to the audio and dear God, this episode is going to kill me. That was horrible.

Negan is scary as hell, but he went a little overboard with the monologing. We get it, you own them now! Sheesh....

I'm still holding out hope that we will at least know the identity of Lucille's first victim at the end of the episode, because I'd rather know and start the grieving process now than spend another five months without knowing.

I do think it's Glenn because I too heard his voice being screamed. Even if Morgan gets his own round of skull piñata next season, nothing will ever make this okay.

Negan and all of the Saviors are a chatty bunch, aren't they?  I've noticed that they love to talk and talk and talk about how big and bad they are.   Whenever anyone from the Saviors -- male or female -- pops up, we know there will be a soliloquy of some sort.

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 6

I read that 10 people are in the lineup. Rosita was captured with Daryl, Glenn and Michonne. Eugene was with Rick and the others so there are your 10 people.

This is just too heartbreaking for all of them.

• Love 1
(edited)

I listened to it again.  When the first scuffle happens -- when someone that I assume is Glenn is yelling "Don't!  Don't!  Don't!" -- it sounds like a knife or something is pulled out and he groans or winces a bit.  I wonder if one of the Saviors cuts/sticks him while trying to get him to stay in line.

When those screams at the end of the scene -- mid-Lucille -- begin to sound weird and muffled, I guess that's when we suddenly switch to the POV of the victim -- and we are hearing what he/she is hearing as death approaches and each swing of the bat is felt.  And I guess that the very last shot will be a Sopranos-like cut to black, as the victim dies.  But I hope, hope, hope it's not a cliffhanger and that we know who the victim is.  That kind of thing needs to be processed and dealt with on the spot, and not 6 months later.

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 4

When those screams at the end of the scene -- mid-Lucille -- begin to sound weird and muffled, I guess that's when we suddenly switch to the POV of the victim -- and we are hearing what he/she is hearing as death approaches and each swing of the bat is felt.  And I guess that the very last shot will be a Sopranos-like cut to black, as the victim dies.  But I hope, hope, hope it's not a cliffhanger and that we know who the victim is.  That kind of thing needs to be processed and dealt with on the spot, and not 6 months later.

I listened to the audio a few times and could not distinguish anything - names, recognizable voices - among the screaming. I will be disappointed if it is a cliffhanger. I agree that the horror of it has to be dealt with immediately and not after six months of online chit chat and analysis.

Again, the cliffhanger only works if the voices and screams are indistinguishable, as if from the victim's POV as they are being beaten to death.

Regardless, it sounds awful and almost unwatchable and this is coming from someone who watches many dark, violent shows.

• Love 3

I also read there are 9 - 10 people in the lineup. The 10th person is Sasha, which TSDF confirmed a few weeks ago, but StD did not.

I'm embarrassed to say I watched a youtube video by an unspoiled guy who was dissecting the finale promo. What I got from that is: He points out Sasha with Rick during the scene when Aaron is being shot at on the road. She is shooting her gun into the air/trees. He also confirms Rick, Abe and Carl are carrying a body/stretcher in the scene I asked about earlier. So Sasha is with Rick and crew in the RV. Back at Alexandria: Father Gabriel, Spencer, Judith and random Alexandrians. Everyone else is captured, and Morgan and Carol are on their own.

TSDF has posted a very small tidbit about the Negan/Lucille scene on their tumblr. The tidbit confirms the "eenie meenie" scene switches to Rick's face looking worried when Negan's bat stops on someone, and then the POV switches to the victim, blood pours down the screen and Negan says they are taking it like a champ. The screen goes black and the screaming begins. I'm just paraphrasing here so it's best to go to the site to read it yourself.

For some reason, this tidbit bothers me more then anything I've read so far - possibly because it confirms the POV switch and the cliffhanger. All of this time, I guess I've been hoping the spoilers were untrue.

http://thespoilingdeadfans.tumblr.com/

By the way, about the language...

The audio clip we have now heard is missing any traces of the word "fuck."  In fact, in a couple of cases that word is replaced with..."pegged."  Pegged?  Really?  That's a silly substitute.  I guess the truly profane version will end up on the DVD.

Now, don't get me wrong -- the scene doesn't need the F-bomb because it is already intense and disturbing enough without it.  But I just watched the latest installment of American Crime Story on FX, and I noticed there were at least 2 F-bombs dropped in this one episode alone -- they were not even muted out.  They were there, on full display, for all to hear.  The word has been used in previous episodes as well.

So it just makes me wonder why AMC has to go with a silly word like "pegged" instead of letting Negan say -- just one time -- "You're fucked."  He doesn't have to use it in every sentence, but it seems like one time wouldn't have killed them.  Strange.

I don't understand why they don't have the big, bad guy swearing, either. 

I'm not listening to the audio, and I don't think I can watch on Sunday. 

I had a question about the comic spoiler, but I will just google.

• Love 1
(edited)

If Abraham, Sasha, Rosita and Eugene are in the lineup, Abraham getting his brains bashed in might be more likely. Remember that the comics lineup was only Rick, Carl, Michonne, Maggie, Glenn, Sophia, and Heath. In the new lineup, we have Abraham (who was dead by this point in the comics, but still), Abraham's BFF, Abraham's ex-girlfriend who still loves him, and Abraham's current girlfriend. TV Abraham dying not just before Eugene's eyes in the comics but dying in front of two women who love him deeply might not hurt as much as Comic Glenn getting brained, but it would hurt. It might also explain the female screams, since Maggie does not strike me as someone who shrieks under any circumstances.

I have to say that I'll be pissed if they do this cliffhanger, tease us with "Who will it be? Who will it be?? Who will it be???" all summer, and then in the season premiere be all "LOL it was Glenn." If they're going to do that shit, they should have the decency to change the identity of the victim rather than prolong something that we were all expecting anyway. Besides, if they have to lose someone, I'd much rather Abraham go than Glenn.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 2

I must say ... normally I disdain spoilers, but in this case, if the cliffhanger ending is true, I'm glad that I went ahead and read this spoiler.  I'd rather know in advance that this season is going to end on a "Who did Negan kill?!?" cliffhanger, and be prepared for it, than to have that sprung upon me.  

In any case, it seems to be down to one of three possible options for Negan's victim:

Glenn

Darryl (some people might or might not riot)

Abraham

Abraham would be the most anti-climatic of them all, but also probably the safest move for the TV show.  

• Love 1

So if it's 10 people, who are the 10? Rick, Carl, Michonne, Glenn, and Maggie are a given. That leaves five slots. Abraham, Sasha, Eugene, Rosita, Daryl, and Aaron are too many. Does somebody else die, leaving 5 for the slots?

The only thing that doesn't make a lot of sense to me is why the show would end on a cliffhanger if they are still going with Glenn as the victim. I guess with such a huge viewing audience, very few people read the comics and a Glenn death would still come as a shock next season.

It's also possible the show runners don't really see this scene as a cliffhanger, but the viewers who want to see the actual bashing do?

From what some are saying, the group is screaming Glenn's name at the end. We'll have to see it, of course, to get a real sense whether that's the case, but if they are, it isn't a true cliffhanger; they've just decided not to show us the end result, which I'm okay with. It's only a cliffhanger if screaming Glenn's name is a fake out.

No matter who it is, I feel sorry for the actor. They all seem so close and so happy to be working together. I can't imagine how much it will suck to have to walk away from this group of coworkers - though they can probably see each other often at conventions and stuff.

I concur wholeheartedly.

I don't need to see Glenn's head beaten into oblivion.  The audio sound effects of that bat are enough to make me shudder, and I'm normally a total gore hound.  

If a cliffhanger means not seeing the aftermath of Lucille on Glenn (or whoever the victim is), I'm perfectly fine with that.  

• Love 3

By the way, about the language...

The audio clip we have now heard is missing any traces of the word "fuck."  In fact, in a couple of cases that word is replaced with..."pegged."  Pegged?  Really?  That's a silly substitute.  I guess the truly profane version will end up on the DVD.

Now, don't get me wrong -- the scene doesn't need the F-bomb because it is already intense and disturbing enough without it.  But I just watched the latest installment of American Crime Story on FX, and I noticed there were at least 2 F-bombs dropped in this one episode alone -- they were not even muted out.  They were there, on full display, for all to hear.  The word has been used in previous episodes as well.

So it just makes me wonder why AMC has to go with a silly word like "pegged" instead of letting Negan say -- just one time -- "You're fucked."  He doesn't have to use it in every sentence, but it seems like one time wouldn't have killed them.  Strange.

At the end of season 4 when CDB are trapped in the railroad car and Rick says, "They're screwing with the wrong people?"

On the DVD, he says "They're fucking with the wrong people."

Maybe when this season comes out on DVD it will have unfiltered language, too.  It's an adult-oriented program, so I really don't understand why all the blood-letting is okay with AMC but they tone down the language for apparently their delicate-eared viewers.  

• Love 1

I can't make anything out on the audio for a screamed name, just a lot of "AAAAAAUGH"s and "EEEEEEE"s. And really, what's the point of doing a cliffhanger intended to obscure the identity of the victim, if they include discernible audio of the victim's name being screamed? That makes no sense to me.

Actually - considering they're going all cliffhanger-y on us - I'd suspect any suggestion of a legible name-call at such a point to be Production misdirection.

In other words - whatever name it is you think you hear? 

That ain't who it is.

• Love 1

It's not confirmed they are doing the cliffhanger thing are they? I mean, I know this show can be a bit obtuse at times but that'd be a little too far for even this bunch, no? If they go there it could easily be the most exasperating creative decision in the history of fiction.

• Love 1

Looks like TSDF removed the finale tidbit I posted about last night. I hope some of you got to see it?

I concur wholeheartedly.

I don't need to see Glenn's head beaten into oblivion.  The audio sound effects of that bat are enough to make me shudder, and I'm normally a total gore hound.  

If a cliffhanger means not seeing the aftermath of Lucille on Glenn (or whoever the victim is), I'm perfectly fine with that.  

I don't want to see the actual beating or aftermath, but I don't want the season to end not knowing who the victim is. So, if "cliffhanger" means we don't see the gore, I'm okay. If "cliffhanger" means we have no idea who that POV is...I agree with Ronin Jackson here. It would be an exasperating creative decision.

I read the way this scene plays out in the comic and I strongly believe ending the scene the original way would have had a greater impact on viewers than leaving us in the dark about the victim.

In the comics, Negan bashes Glenn, says "Ta ta" and walks away, leaving the reader to see the reactions from Rick and Co. (Please correct me if I read this incorrectly.)

I wish the writers had enough faith in us to know Rick and his crew mean more to us than being surprised by a death reveal in season 7, so leaving us to see their reactions to a death would have left a much larger impact on us. I tend to like the way the show ends some episodes abruptly/oddly and I think they would have done an excellent job ending this finale on the group's reaction to losing one of their own. Too bad it looks like they've decided it's more important to tease us than give us emotional impact.

So if it's 10 people, who are the 10? Rick, Carl, Michonne, Glenn, and Maggie are a given. That leaves five slots. Abraham, Sasha, Eugene, Rosita, Daryl, and Aaron are too many. Does somebody else die, leaving 5 for the slots?

StD reported yesterday that Eugene volunteers to continue driving the RV to trick the saviors into following him. They said he has a farewell scene with Rick and "especially Abraham". If this is true, maybe Eugene isn't in the line up?

The only thing that doesn't make a lot of sense to me is why the show would end on a cliffhanger if they are still going with Glenn as the victim. I guess with such a huge viewing audience, very few people read the comics and a Glenn death would still come as a shock next season.

This is probably why I don't mind the cliffhanger. I keep hoping it means that they are changing Negan's victim from the comics. However, you are right that most of the viewing audience, millions on millions, aren't into the online spoilers and have no clue about the comics.

• Love 2

From what I can recall, no one has been able to pinpoint exactly where Rosita is or if she is even there. That leads me to believe that she is already dead by that point in the episode.

(edited)

From what I can recall, no one has been able to pinpoint exactly where Rosita is or if she is even there. That leads me to believe that she is already dead by that point in the episode.

I know nearly everyone has weighed in on the Rosita topic, but, obviously, probably no one really knows for sure. One thing I seem to recall from somewhere weeks ago is that it was reported that she died when Dwight caught Daryl. I even seem to remember that is was when Daryl turned when caught and fired at the same time Dwight did and (Daryl) accidentally hit Rosita. Now, we've seen how it played out, without knowing who's blood it was. I could see Daryl turning, firing, but at the same time is shot by Dwight which throws off Daryl's aim. We also saw how close Rosita was to all the action.

I hope, hope, hope I'm wrong. I like Rosita. I like her a lot better than Abraham. I think to die like that (if true) is such a waste.

I don't see why actors agree to such roles as that on TWD (and there has been lots of them). You commit for a year or two (or more), but you largely just stand around and if you're lucky you get a handful of lines. Sure, it's something to put on your resume. Still, it's got to be unsatisfying. Yeah, you might get a "meaty" death scene like Noah. But, still . . .

Edited by JackONeill

All along my gut told me it was Daryl- after I first listened to the Negan audio I started thinking it was Glenn, and it still may be- but one thing is certain-at around 10:35on the audio, Daryl clearly says "that ain't nuthin", to which Negan replies "whoa, takin it like a champ".......

I have no doubt that Daryl dies, but my only question is, does Negan also kill Glenn?!

(edited)

I don't see why actors agree to such roles as that on TWD (and there has been lots of them). You commit for a year or two (or more), but you largely just stand around and if you're lucky you get a handful of lines. Sure, it's something to put on your resume. Still, it's got to be unsatisfying. Yeah, you might get a "meaty" death scene like Noah. But, still . . .

I think that most actors would kill for a year's worth of work on TWD. They are lucky to get even a guest spot for an tv episode where they get to say more 5 lines of dialogue. With a role on TWD, they can pay their bills, do some emotional and action scenes, and get higher profile so they give interviews and can parlay it into even more steady work.

I think that short term actors do alright in terms of dialogue and character development. Noah, Bob, and Denise were solid characters who contributed to the show. I think that Gimple could do more with Rosita, but maybe he does have plans for her going forward. If not, I think she did okay as a character.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

I think that most actors would kill for a year's worth of work on TWD. They are lucky to get even a guest spot for an tv episode where they get to say more 5 lines of dialogue. With a role on TWD, they can pay their bills, do some emotional and action scenes, and get higher profile so they give interviews and can parlay it into even more steady work.

I think that short term actors do alright in terms of dialogue and character development. Noah, Bob, and Denise were solid characters who contributed to the show. I think that Gimple could do more with Rosita, but maybe he does have plans for her going forward. If not, I think she did okay as a character.

I totally agree that if I were a young actor (or an over the hill actor) I'd die (pun unavoidable) for a role on this show. But, I guess my main point is the sheer frustration of sitting on the sidelines waiting for the one, or two, episodes that season in which I have 2-3 lines to say.

I've seen both Norman and Lauren Cohan on Law & Order SVU. Though Lauren's role was bigger than Norman's, they both had some really meaty material. It was all shot in seven days. No standing around. (I'm not addressing their skill, or not, as actors. Just time in front of the camera, doing something other than react to Walkers, or bad guys, or Crazy Rick.)

Lol.  I thought the same thing at first, wondering if my hearing was just failing me.  I mean, I heard a lot of yells and screams -- and I heard the crunch of the bat hitting whatever it hit that was supposed to be a skull -- but I didn't specifically hear a name mentioned other than when Negan addressed Rick.  I suppose I could go back and listen again... but I just don't know if I can handle listening to that again.

Negan and all of the Saviors are a chatty bunch, aren't they?  I've noticed that they love to talk and talk and talk about how big and bad they are.   Whenever anyone from the Saviors -- male or female -- pops up, we know there will be a soliloquy of some sort.

.Having trouble killing an annoying Alexandrian? Call 1888WNST. 1888WeNeverStopTalking. By the time we're done talking, they'll want to kill themselves. #TheSoliloquySaviors.

• Love 5
(edited)

All along my gut told me it was Daryl- after I first listened to the Negan audio I started thinking it was Glenn, and it still may be- but one thing is certain-at around 10:35on the audio, Daryl clearly says "that ain't nuthin", to which Negan replies "whoa, takin it like a champ".......

I have no doubt that Daryl dies, but my only question is, does Negan also kill Glenn?!

Negan for all his awfulness does have a code of sorts. If Negan says he's only going to pop one of them with Lucille, I believe him.

I very much doubt there are any audio identifiers of Negan's victim. Why bother with the cliffhanger if they put in audio giving the game away?

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1

Can anybody tell me why I'm putting myself through this gut wrenching and clenching experience over a show? I should be excited for this, like, yay! Whoopee! Big goings on! But no, I've got knots in my stomach thinking about all of this and its making me distinctly uncomfortable. Where's the fun in that???

• Love 10

Can anybody tell me why I'm putting myself through this gut wrenching and clenching experience over a show? I should be excited for this, like, yay! Whoopee! Big goings on! But no, I've got knots in my stomach thinking about all of this and its making me distinctly uncomfortable. Where's the fun in that???

I asked my husband the same thing last night. He said, "It's fiction, honey. Try to remember that." Didn't help.

• Love 3
(edited)

I totally agree that if I were a young actor (or an over the hill actor) I'd die (pun unavoidable) for a role on this show. But, I guess my main point is the sheer frustration of sitting on the sidelines waiting for the one, or two, episodes that season in which I have 2-3 lines to say.

I've seen both Norman and Lauren Cohan on Law & Order SVU. Though Lauren's role was bigger than Norman's, they both had some really meaty material. It was all shot in seven days. No standing around. (I'm not addressing their skill, or not, as actors. Just time in front of the camera, doing something other than react to Walkers, or bad guys, or Crazy Rick.)

I think that for most actors that guest star roles here or there (no matter how great the script) do not compare to the opportunity to get a year or two on TWD. I am not saying that they do not get frustrated, but most people in any job go through periods of frustration. It doesn't mean that you rather be unemployed. Bottom line, actors who are neither young or over the hill, are the ones who need steady work to pay their bills and support their families. If nothing else, they will be able to make attending comic cons when things are tough in the future. Ha.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2
(edited)

I asked my husband the same thing last night. He said, "It's fiction, honey. Try to remember that." Didn't help.

That is what I keep telling myself, this is just a TV show, it is fiction, blah, blah, but here I am on pins and needles, freaking out, upset and wanting to cry.  I know that shows like this have to kill off people because that is what the TV audience expects.  But when you have come to love these people it is so difficult to realize that. 

I know that I will hate Negan for this and nothing will ever change my mind.  He preys on people because he does not want to grow a vegetable garden. 

I just watched the episode where Nickolas said they had gone out 53 miles, so I wonder how come Negan and his gang never found ASZ.

Edited by catcory
  • Love 2
(edited)

I don't think it will be a cliffhanger.  Sure, the fate of the group will be a cliffhanger, but the killing will be a finality   And it's going to be a big kill, that was the point of the buil-up.  So it's farewell, Glenn or Daryl.  And I wouldn't be surprised if they toss in a second kill for the hell of it, maybe Abraham or maybe even a female character for the shock value.  Rosita and Sasha aren't safe.  I think Michonne gets a pass.  They might even go for a purge and kill off three of them.  I think this is going to be the most brutal and horrific 90 minutes of tv I will ever watch, not looking forward to it.

Edited by Dobian

I know nearly everyone has weighed in on the Rosita topic, but, obviously, probably no one really knows for sure. One thing I seem to recall from somewhere weeks ago is that it was reported that she died when Dwight caught Daryl. I even seem to remember that is was when Daryl turned when caught and fired at the same time Dwight did and (Daryl) accidentally hit Rosita. Now, we've seen how it played out, without knowing who's blood it was. I could see Daryl turning, firing, but at the same time is shot by Dwight which throws off Daryl's aim. We also saw how close Rosita was to all the action.

I hope, hope, hope I'm wrong. I like Rosita. I like her a lot better than Abraham. I think to die like that (if true) is such a waste.

TWD Zone is now saying Rosita is alive and in the line-up, along with Sasha.

• Love 3