Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

Another consideration is the slow attrition in viewership after six strong years as some move onto other shows. Would people really bolt in huge numbers if Daryl was killed? Not sure. He has not had a dedicated story line in a long time. His death - especially a brutal one - would have an affect on the other characters. Would it add a "motivation" to the show?

It all depends on what the writers and show runners intend. Are they trying to be bold with this death? Or are they trying to tell a story that has meaningful arcs for the characters.

This touches upon a sensitive point in the TWD saga - although it is still qualitatively heads and shoulders above most television programs, there is little doubt the strength of TWD's writing has decreased in recent seasons. Not to rank on the writers; I'm pretty sure this is a problem encountered by any series fortunate enough to enjoy an extended run. IMHO, though, there's little doubt of primary viewer loyalty residing almost unilaterally with characters introduced in the first season or two, when the writing was arguably at its strongest. While I'm sure the late-S4 inductions of Abraham, Rosita, and Eugene into the cast have their own share of loyal followers, I'm virtually certain their support base in the series viewership is nowhere near the size as that of the S1/S2 characters.

Which brings us to my particular point of paranoia. We all know Production occasionally likes to kill off major characters, sometimes solely to prove their oft-voiced view that No One Is Safe™; in recent seasons, however, the writers have not demonstrated much proficiency in restocking the coffers of strong characters. How long can they kill off strong characters without presenting viable alternatives for viewer support, before viewer interest in the show begins to wane and puts the series's future in jeopardy? Or is this their exit strategy for the series?

If Morgan is Lucille's target, it will be sad. It may motivate the characters but I don't think it is a bold move. It won't change the direction of the show. Glenn's death would be devasting but Glenn has "almost died" too many times recently. The writers have given him too much plot armor. Daryl's death seems to check all the boxes...as much as I hate to admit it. Couple that with NR's new show and I suspect that he will be the victim.

Valid points all - and part of why I'm on the razor's edge about who has a hot date with Lucille.

• Love 2

Which brings us to my particular point of paranoia. We all know Production occasionally likes to kill off major characters, sometimes solely to prove their oft-voiced view that No One Is Safe™; in recent seasons, however, the writers have not demonstrated much proficiency in restocking the coffers of strong characters. How long can they kill off strong characters without presenting viable alternatives for viewer support, before viewer interest in the show begins to wane and puts the series's future in jeopardy? Or is this their exit strategy for the series?.

Exactly! They have to do a better job of drawing viewer interest to other characters if they continue to kill off the "originals." And it's not an easy task because it means juggling a lot of story lines and character arcs.

But let's not forget Beth and the Hospital story line. I'm still not sure what the intent of that was other than to remind us that this is a dangerous world. We get it. I'm suspect of their "no one is safe" viewpoint and what that means going forward. Characters are not interchangeable.

What is that old saying, the greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

The greatest trick The Walking Dead ever pulled was convincing the audience that No One Is Safe™;

Because its just not true.  There is not one major character that wasn't positioned narratively to lessen viewer revolt when they were actually killed.  Every other time they are designated red shirts or fakeouts.

But I do agree that they want to replicate the impact of Neegan/Lucille from the comics.  But they won't sacrifice a fan favorite.  So while I think Daryl makes the most sense from the three (Morgan/Glenn/Daryl) being put forth as contenders.  There is just no way its Daryl.  Not going to happen unless Reedus has quit his job voluntarily.. TWD is Chickenshit

I think they will substitute Maggie because that is the closest you can get thematically to Glenn, who thinks the best of everyone, being killed.  Neegan kills Glenn's pregnant wife.  They get the shock value without losing the fan favorite.  You get story for Glenn.  I think its a safe bet they give Maggie's comic story to Carol whether Maggie lives or dies.  They fury of CDB avenging the murder of a helpless Maggie will be much different in tone than avenging the death of Daryl who was killed in retaliation for the RPG.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 2

If there is going to be a major character death in the finale that is going to be one that really affects the fans then the two most likely characters are Glen and Daryl.

I think Glen is a more likely prospect than Daryl. 

- He's got a pregnant girlfriend. This is ripe for gut-wrenchyness.

- He's cheated death this season already twice.  Whimsically you can view this as death stalking Glen and things just keep getting it his way, but he will catch up with Glen because Glen is next on his list.

- His name is on the Alexandria Remembrance Gate of the Dead (it is greyed out, but it is there) -- and the camera lingered on it suspiciously long in the last episode.

I don't think it is Daryl.  Not unless Reedus has quit. 

If there is going to be a major character death in the finale that is going to be one that really affects the fans then the two most likely characters are Glen and Daryl.

- He's cheated death this season already twice. Whimsically you can view this as death stalking Glen and things just keep getting it his way, but he will catch up with Glen because Glen is next on his list.

- His name is on the Alexandria Remembrance Gate of the Dead (it is greyed out, but it is there) -- and the camera lingered on it suspiciously long in the last episode.

I don't think it is Daryl. Not unless Reedus has quit.

I agree with this and I like Glen but I think his death would make sense.

- He's cheated death this season already twice.  Whimsically you can view this as death stalking Glen and things just keep getting it his way, but he will catch up with Glen because Glen is next on his list.

I don't think it is Daryl.  Not unless Reedus has quit. 

I've gone back and forth on this, but at the end of the day I think it will be Glenn. In addition to your excellent points, I think the comic fans would cry foul if the show tampered with or altered such a crucial turning point in the series. It's very different from, say, Tara dying instead of Abraham (although I don't know whether that's confirmed or not). It has to be Glenn, and it has to be Negan who kills him.

As for NR's show, it's what, six episodes? He could easily shoot it during TWD's off-season.

In addition to your excellent points, I think the comic fans would cry foul if the show tampered with or altered such a crucial turning point in the series.

Not necessarily. The show has already altered several turning points in the series, including substituting one character for another in very important death scenarios. Hershel for Tyreese, for example, was one very important change, as was killing off Dale so early and giving his ultimate demise to Bob. I'm a comic fan, and neither one of these things bothered me. I also think Daryl's death at the business end of Lucille would be the most impactful at this point for fans of the show, and the most similar to how I felt when Glenn died in the comics. It was meant to upset readers--I was so upset by it that I had to take a break from reading them for a long while, in fact. If the show runners want Negan's introduction to be the same gut punch, IMO Daryl's the only way to go.

Edited by Nutjob
  • Love 4

I know the actors are always saying how epic and heartbreaking every season is, but they really laid it on thick this time about the finale.  Andy Lincoln, especially.  The heartbreak is going to going to be epicly heartbreaking.  People would be extremely upset to lose Daryl, but something about "heartbreak" makes me think it's a Glenn/Maggie situation.  And she has that new haircut, which sounds dumb, but you have to look at all the variables!  lol  Maggie's hair is as much a factor as Reedus' new motorcycle show.  If it IS Glenn, it will make the Dumpster stunt even worse. 

OR, it could be the usual hyperbole.  This show is best when they hit you with a surprise, like Richonne, instead of broadcasting the emotions you're supposed to feel.

• Love 3

Not necessarily. The show has already altered several turning points in the series, including substituting one character for another in very important death scenarios. Hershel for Tyreese, for example, was one very important change, as was killing off Dale so early and giving his ultimate demise to Bob. I'm a comic fan, and neither one of these things bothered me. I also think Daryl's death at the business end of Lucille would be the most impactful at this point for fans of the show, and the most similar to how I felt when Glenn died in the comics. It was meant to upset readers--I was so upset by it that I had to take a break from reading them for a long while, in fact. If the show runners want Negan's introduction to be the same gut punch, IMO Daryl's the only way to go.

I have actually been thinking Carol's death would be as powerful. She too has a vocal fan base, not as big as Daryl's, but it is large. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2

Okay. Does anyone know about Andy Lincoln's contract status?

I'm asking because how heartbreaking would it be than for Rick to FINALLY have some kind of peace, real love and a new family with Michonne only to have Negan kill him and break all of OUR hearts that actually have been in it for Rick's story?

• Love 1

I don't think it's Daryl, as his closest buddy is Carol, and spoilers don't have her there.  We've already been cheated out of her reaction to the death of Sam.  How would it look to have us cheated out of her reaction to the death of Daryl?  I'm still thinking it's Glenn or Abe.  If they're following the GN closely, then Negan doesn't kill women anyway.

• Love 1

I know the actors are always saying how epic and heartbreaking every season is, but they really laid it on thick this time about the finale.  Andy Lincoln, especially.  The heartbreak is going to going to be epicly heartbreaking.  People would be extremely upset to lose Daryl, but something about "heartbreak" makes me think it's a Glenn/Maggie situation.  And she has that new haircut, which sounds dumb, but you have to look at all the variables!  lol  Maggie's hair is as much a factor as Reedus' new motorcycle show.  If it IS Glenn, it will make the Dumpster stunt even worse. 

OR, it could be the usual hyperbole.  This show is best when they hit you with a surprise, like Richonne, instead of broadcasting the emotions you're supposed to feel.

I read their reactions the other night, and thought, "I hope they don't kill off the baby's character." I've got to stop reading things like that, and it even took me a couple of days to watch the episode - I haven't been feeling well, I've been depressed, and I don't want to see anyone killed off. Which makes this a bad show to watch at the moment. 

Somehow I don't think they'd put a female character under Negan's bat. Yeah, females can die violently on the show. They can be ripped apart by zombies, they can be shot, but a woman being beaten to death by a man would be a far touchier image than a man beaten to death by a man. They already toned down heavily some of the violence against women from the comics, particularly the Governor-Michonne stuff, and with good reason.

• Love 5

As for NR's show, it's what, six episodes? He could easily shoot it during TWD's off-season.

What I was thinking about NR's new show for AMC is not so much that it would cause a scheduling conflict of any kind -- he could certainly do both TWD and his new biker show in a year.    My thought is that the new show would be a way for AMC and TWD's writers, etc., to cushion the blow for the legions of NR fans -- IF Daryl were to get killed off or written off the show at any point.  IF Daryl is the one who is going to meet Lucille, or even if he just dies in some other way or leaves the show without dying, it is possible that the TWD team has had it planned for quite a while (as they have with certain other deaths), and that AMC came up with the new biker culture show as a bit of a preemptive strike/safety net.  They would want to make sure to keep Norman in the AMC family to pacify his fans if Daryl should end up 'departing.'  This way they can say, "You may have lost Daryl on The Walking Dead, but he will still be on AMC!"

Didn't NR just recently say somewhere (was it in an article?) that "Merle would be proud" of Daryl this season?  I don't think this is what was being implied, but instantly that makes me think about Merle's death.  He was a questionable human being until the bitter end, when he let Michonne go and forged ahead to try to take on the Governor and his men.  He lost the battle with the Governor, but he went out like a champ -- redeeming himself a wee bit in his final moments.  Merle might be proud of Daryl if he did the same sort of thing (minus the Governor, of course).

• Love 3

But Merle would be proud of blowing up a biker gang with a RPG.  I don't think we can read too much into that.

I'm not resting my entire theory on Merle and what he would be proud of, of course!  Lol.  It was just one more small piece in the larger 'why Daryl could be the one to meet Lucille' puzzle that is already comprised of all of the more concrete points raised in this thread (by various folks).  I think there are good arguments to be made for Glenn, Daryl or Morgan being the one to have the unfortunate run-in with Lucille.

Daryl's mouthing off in the 6x11 summary about how easy it will be to deal with Negan. Hmmm.

I'm hoping this is just the spoiler writer editorializing:

Glenn doesn't seem very happy that the [male gynecologist] is possibly about to see his wife's vag.

He should be thanking his lucky stars. I'm guessing OB/GYNs don't exactly grow on trees after the apocalypse. Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 2

:

He should be thanking his lucky stars. I'm guessing OB/GYNs don't exactly grow on trees after the apocalypse.

The Talking Dead thing about tomoatos had me thinking that Glenn and Maggie thought she should be showing more than he is and at least one of them is really worried that something is wrong with the baby.  So I took Glenn being upset by the OBGYN is not wanting to deal with that.

All the clues are adding up that Glenn gets Lucille'ed. Robert Kirkman is developing a new Korean series called Five hour. Guess who has been in Korea for 2 weeks?! Steven Yeun! Connect the dots to Glenn's peril. Lauren Cohan's haircut, and her maudlin, weepy appearance on Actor's studio indicates a character close to Maggie dies. However, even though I am 99% sure it will be Glenn, I believe Daryl is killed also. Norman Reedus is leaving the show in my opinion. I won't waste anyone's time trying to convince them that Daryl dies, because some people just cannot comprehend it. But I am pretty sure that is what happens.

• Love 2

Sorry, I 100% disagree. No way in hell are they going to kill 2 major characters from S1 in one episode, maybe the series finale. Too many people are invested emotionally in the Atlanta 5, and to kill both in 1 episode, no way, that would be show suicide, imo.

No way is Reedus leaving either. He has said in multiple interveiws that this show is the best thing that has happened to him and saved his acting career, I just don't buy him wanting to leave now.

• Love 2

They also have to consider the real world fallout aside from "you bastards just killed the best character on the show!".  Tier 1 of characters on the show is Rick, Michonne, Daryl, Glenn, Maggie, Carol, and (arguably) Carl in some order.  Rick and Carl are safe unless Andrew Lincoln suddenly gets tapped to star as the newest major character in Star Wars or something like that.  If they kill Michonne, Maggie, or Carol then they have to deal with the additional fallout of brutality towards women.  If they kill Glenn then they've just offed one of the very few asian-american characters on TV who isn't a ninja or a caricature. Daryl would no doubt cause the biggest outcry from fans but would also cause the least amount of sexism/racism talk. 

Any of the other characters being killed just don't have the impact.  I'd argue that none of them are as beloved as Herschel, and they had no trouble (eventually) killing him.

After watching last night I'm sure it's going to be Abe. He is getting a lot of screen time. I think they will try to build up his conflict over Rosita and Sasha and dealing with his PTSD over losing his family. He will arrive at some healthier, more joyful conclusion when all of the sudden, whack! They can't kill of any of the original people because it will definitely lower ratings so the only other option is to attempt to make Abe's story line more compelling and then kill him.

• Love 1

I still think there are very valid arguments to be made for or against Daryl, Glenn or Morgan being the one to meet Lucille, but Abraham is definitely a strong possibility too, especially after last night's show.  The way that all of their characters are kind of evolving or being written on the show could be interpreted as some sort of prelude to getting the bat and dying a powerful death.   I really could see any one of them falling victim to Lucille.  During last night's show I was saying to myself, "Okay.. it's going to be Glenn... no... it's going to be Daryl... no... it's Abraham, because all of a sudden he is getting all existential and thinking about settling down..."  Then I was running all of the scenarios around in my head:

Glenn -- Kind, sensitive, loving father to be, who has cheated death a million times already on this show, making everyone think he is perpetually safe; he would take a bat if it saved his wife and future child.

Daryl -- Was the one who blew up Negan's men; has no real connection to anyone (no love interest); he has no living blood relatives; he is always kind of an outsider; he might say the wrong thing to the wrong person and piss them off; his personal story seems to be going nowhere; and is a decent enough guy that he would take the bat if it saved someone else; NR has a biker show coming up on AMC that will pacify his ardent followers if they think they can't get their Norman Reedus fix.

Abraham -- Suddenly thinking about Rosita vs. Sasha; suddenly thinking about Bisquick and how implausible it might be to start a family in the ZA; was one of the ones at the scene when Negan's men were blown up; is mouthy/abrasive enough to piss someone off and end up with a bat to the head.

Morgan -- Is going to dislike Rick's plan to take on Negan; thinks that all life is precious and tries to be a gentle soul; lost his wife and child and has no real reason to live; Lennie James probably wants to move on from TWD; might be the one to take the bat because TWD's writers think that the audience still loves Morgan.

And just watch -- it will end up not being any of those 4, and will end up being some barely-even-peripheral character that no one even remembers, let alone cares about!  Lol.

Edited by Sherry67

Well, Abraham was dying at this point in the comics anyway....in a way it would make sense for him to die this season, because they'd run out of comic material for him and if he were to bite it at Negan's hands,  it would be a switch similar to the Hershel/Tyreese switch in season four. (Hershel died at the same time as Tyreese in the comic, but got Tyreese's iconic comic death on the show. However, Hershel was much more important than Tyreese at this point in the show.)

But does anyone really care about Abraham enough to give Negan's arrival maximum impact? I don't. I really do not care about Abraham, Rosita and Eugene. They never really fit into the show in the first place.

But then again, if they are giving Abraham's comic death to Tara (though it is not confirmed yet, right?), which would also be a death with less impact than Abe, who knows?

(I love Tara more than Abe, but she has not been as heavily featured as him, thus her death would have less impact, just like Abe's death for Glenn would have less impact than Glenn.)

In terms of the average viewer, I would guess Abraham's death would have more impact, as he's supposed to be a "big" character. I also imagine the hipper-than-thou review and fan sites would react more and would just say things about Tara that amount to, "Oh, was she the lesbian?" or "Who cares?" or "I could never tell her apart from Rosita." In terms of impact to the canvas, if they bother to remember things like her bond with Glenn and Maggie, along with Rosita and Eugene, I think it would have an impact. It just depends on whether it's a few shots of Denise in grief and Daryl emo-ing. If they do kill her I hope they do it justice because I've always liked Tara and I'll be sad to see her go. She adds something unique to the canvas and I don't think I would have gotten through some of the Abraham/Rosita/Eugene early days without her. 

I don't think Abraham works that well on the show, partly because of writing issues and partly because like Tyreese (who had even worse writing issues), Daryl's presence means he has no real relationship with Rick. For that reason I wonder if when he dies, he won't really have THE type of death, the one that's supposed to devastate the group. Tyreese didn't either (although I will say I thought his death episode was well done).

• Love 1

AMC made Spoiling the Dead take down their spoilers.  I don't know if they've ever done that before, but it makes me think that the next couple of deaths in the show are going to be pretty shocking and they are trying to keep it under wraps!

• Love 2

Here is a horrifying sneak peak video for the next episode: https://twitter.com/foxnl/status/704643190989709312

Based upon this clip (and, honestly, I don't know where this event falls in the timeline for the rest of this season), it sounds as though both Maggie and Carol are captured by Neegan (I guess). So that means that Glenn (because of Maggie) OR Daryl (because of Carol) could meet a certain fate we are all talking about. I don't read the comics but am familiar (without knowing exact details) with what comes next. "It's a line drive to third!"

• Love 2

AMC made Spoiling the Dead take down their spoilers.  I don't know if they've ever done that before, but it makes me think that the next couple of deaths in the show are going to be pretty shocking and they are trying to keep it under wraps!

Wow.  It's getting serious.  I was so done with this show after the terrible first half of the season, but now they've dragged me back in, and the mounting dread is awful!  Curse you, TWD!  lol  (Or maybe I'm channeling election dread into this show.)

• Love 2

Wait, how can they even do that? Like what legal authority do they have? If shit gets figured out and spoiled....WTF? I'm very confused by this

(edited)

Arrrghh I can't watch where I am what's happening??

Omg, the gang is outside some big, white walls or in some sort of courtyard, guns drawn and upset, and a woman's voice coming over a loudspeaker says "we have a Maggie and a Carol.  I'm sure that's something you want to chat about."

Oh, and Rick looks super pissed.

Edited by peach
  • Love 1

Also, Carol is writing in a journal, and it looks like a list of all the people she's killed, and perhaps she's having some kind of mental breakdown over it.  Thanks, Morgan.  Guilt is probably a useless emotion at this stage.  Now I'm worried for Carol.

• Love 1

Wait, how can they even do that? Like what legal authority do they have? If shit gets figured out and spoiled....WTF? I'm very confused by this

The reason was something like "misuse of a copyrighted character" or some such. If you check out TSDF on facebook, you'll probably see the post. I'm trying to step back from spoilers now (with Lucille coming up), but it's probably there.

From their post:   "As I’m sure you noticed, the episode 6.11 review/summary that we posted yesterday was removed. So forgive me while I verbally vomit my outrage. Rainbow Holdings Media, LLC aka AMC, filed a DMCA Notice (Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998) with Facebook to remove the content due to copyright infringement. I got a pleasant little notice from Facebutt this afternoon. We’ve gotten them before, but this was different. What we posted was someone’s review of an episode. The work that AMC claimed was copyrighted and infringed upon? “A character my organization or client created.” Seriously?"

It goes on from there.

https://www.facebook.com/SpoilingDeadFans/posts/602712659883876

• Love 2

The reason was something like "misuse of a copyrighted character" or some such. If you check out TSDF on facebook, you'll probably see the post. I'm trying to step back from spoilers now (with Lucille coming up), but it's probably there.

Yep.  I actually don't want that spoiled.  I think.  So I will probably not check this thread when it gets closer.  I think.  lol  But the convo on this guy's FB page shows this guy is super mad and taking it personally now, so he's determined to leak it if he finds out.  BUT only to people who want to know.  I don't mind this page because they don't actively seek to spoil it to anyone who doesn't want to know.

Also, Carol is writing in a journal, and it looks like a list of all the people she's killed, and perhaps she's having some kind of mental breakdown over it.  Thanks, Morgan.  Guilt is probably a useless emotion at this stage.  Now I'm worried for Carol.

Thank you peach, you are, well, a peach!

No no no no....There are three deal breakers on the show for me.... Carol, Michonne, and Judith.  Any of those characters getting the ax will send me into a not good place.  Carol has got to be one of the most fascinating characters on television right now, Michonne is well Michonne, and if they were going to off Judith they should have done it back at the prison.  To late now show she's like the hope for the future.

• Love 2

I think nearly anyone can go. But I think the fact that "they" have Maggie and Carol suggests that it will be either Glenn or Daryl who will meet the sad fate. I think one or the other of them will step up to the plate (pun intended) and sacrifice themselves for "their girl."

• Love 1
(edited)

I think nearly anyone can go. But I think the fact that "they" have Maggie and Carol suggests that it will be either Glenn or Daryl who will meet the sad fate. I think one or the other of them will step up to the plate (pun intended) and sacrifice themselves for "their girl."

Yep.  And, strangely, I think that Abraham and/or Morgan would still work into that scenario too, if Glenn and Daryl both survive.  Abraham has suddenly taken an interest in Glenn and Maggie and their desire to start a family in the ZA.  He seems to be very perplexed by it all.  if there is some sort of a "choice" as to who gets to meet Lucille, Abraham might step up to let Glenn and Maggie continue on towards having their family.  Also, Morgan and Carol have had a combative relationship thus far, but Morgan was kind of trying to get to know Carol, for lack of a better phrase.  I don't think that he dislikes her, nor does she really dislike him, deep down.  Their philosophies might be different at this point, but they have both lost their spouses and children and share that same deep pain.  I can see him sacrificing himself -- again, if there is some sort of "choice" in the matter -- to spare Carol from suffering that fate (that is, if Daryl isn't the one to die).

Edited to add: I didn't get to see the video/preview referred to above -- it was taken down by the time I checked.  So I missed out on the horrifying preview and Maggie/Carol stuff!  Boo!

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 1

The original sneak peek video linked above was removed, but someone posted another copy of it on the Spoiling Dead Fans Facebook page... which I watched before it, too, is taken down, of course.

I think the voice that says "We have a Carol and a Maggie..." is Alicia Witt.  I wasn't sure if she was going to appear on TWD this season or next season, and maybe we won't see her until Season 7 -- but I am pretty sure that is her voice.  I have watched enough of her Hallmark Channel Christmas movies in recent years to recognize that voice!  Lol.

Wow, that video even got posted on Yahoo, but, yep, it's gone now.

This is super spoilery, read the comments at your own risk.  Although anyone can claim they "know a cameraman" on the show or any such thing.

http://me.ign.com/en/the-walking-dead/116325/feature/the-walking-dead-season-6s-ending-will-melt-people

I don't mind spoiling myself -- because, quite frankly, I really hate human-on-human gore and brutality, and knowing that Lucille is coming up means that I need to know when to close my eyes or look away.  I don't need to see every bit of splattered brains to know what happens!

Clearly, someone in those comments is lying and making some stuff up.  One person says it's a specific character who meets Lucille, and then the guy who "knows the cameraman" says it's someone else.  And then someone says that the scene was filmed with 3 different characters, so that would obviously be to mislead people.

Whoever gets it -- especially if it is one of the people mentioned in the comments -- I will be traumatized, and will avert my eyes!

• Love 2
  And then someone says that the scene was filmed with 3 different characters, so that would obviously be to mislead people.

That was the part I believed.  Also, I don't read the comics, but I think the scene in the book is that they ARE lined up and he picks one.  So that seems to add up, plus faraway spies wouldn't be sure what was going on.

I don't think Morgan is why Carol feels guilty - I think she's felt guilty all along and as time passes it's more difficult to keep repressing it. I'm glad if this is where they are going, because she's become a caricature (especially in fanon, where she is an emotionless Rambette) and because I'd like to see one character who feels mixed emotions and regret without being written as weak or stupid or about to die.

• Love 1