Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

#the3stooges? Seriously Cate? I know they all hate them some Farrah, but like it or not, she IS one of them...it's not like Cate, Maci & Amber all film together (except for their AWESOME Puerto Rico trip & after shows of course) & show us their wacky hijinks while Farrah is off not having hate crimes. 

• Love 13

As horrible I think Farrah is - I still give her some credit. She should write another book "Hustle But No Heart". That's a direct slam at Kail - who neither hustles and likely has less heart.

And IMO, Cate needs to throw less stones. Well - at least until she gets off the couch...

• Love 8

Back when the cheating blind dropped, C&T joked about it on Twitter and a tabloid reported that Tyler confirmed it. Someone here posted the actual texts, and he jokingly said that it was true, he cheated with another woman/man/couple or something like that, joking about his sexuality. It was after that when Simon posted a snapchat and gave a short interview saying he was glad that Tyler admitted it, or something (gosh it was so boring I've successfully forgot portions), because he is an attention-whore.

I don't think Tyler actually had sex with the man in New Orleans, because he was old and gross. It would take a man around his age with a supermodel figure to make him step over the threshold. I also don't think he saw the obvious about the situation until he got down there. He's quite dense and was so flattered that the man was able to successfully con him. That man had been doing it for years. I've wondered whether his mom tried to tip him off, since it seemed pretty clear to most of us, or if she just let him go through with it since it would get him away from Cate.

Farrah is just spouting a common rumor. I don't think the producers tell her anything, because I don't think she gives a damn to hear about the others. That interview back in December where she spoke about Kail getting pregnant to keep the show going, she was talking about Lincoln. It was the same thing she had been saying for years about Lincoln, and that is what Kail was calling her out on. She didn't know Kail was pregnant, and I'm not sure the show did either, because Kail had gotten fat all over, unlike say Maci and Leah who only show in their bellies. I think Simon reads the forums online, including the Reddit forum, and bases his comments on what he sees people want to hear, confirming our theories. I really don't think either one of them know anything more about the others than we do.

• Love 4

When Tyler first started publicly tweeting that "manager" from New Orleans, someone (I think it was on Reddit) posted a synopsis of the man, along with the information about his previous "talent" and a complete lack of credits other than some "modelling" photos. Those of us without access to the full IMDB couldn't see everything (or possibly anything), so someone who had full access posted a screencap of his credits. He had several young men he managed over a few year period, and some had walk-on, non-speaking appearances in television and movies, which were termed to be non-monetary parts by the person posting the IMDB screencap, and those parts are not credited by the production companies, but entered by the manager as modeling, or something like that.

The Reddit link posted above by @Brooklynista has someone spilling the tea on the manager and saying that Tyler did know what was expected of him but once he arrived it became clear to the manager that they were not going to be sexually compatible and he didn't like that Tyler had expensive tastes. That person also claims that the manager is a sweet and harmless man who is forced to be in the closet because of his dad's political career even though it is a well known secret, and implies that Tyler was taking advantage of him. It's a pretty short thread and will only take a few minutes to read through.

As much of a fame and attention whore that I find Tyler, back when the tweeting was public it really didn't see like he knew what was going to be expected of him, and was excited because he thought he was getting one of those walk-ons for something that was filming at the time, which is why the Reddit poster explained the IMDB credits to us. But if this other Reddit poster from the above link is correct, then Tyler went in with open eyes and was willing to have sex, on his terms, for that chance. Since Tyler's terms did not work for the manager, he got tired of Tyler spending his money and Tyler went home. Then, the same person said that Tyler went home because Cate threatened suicide, which is the same information given out way back when he first left.

Since you can't put anything on the internet if it isn't true, I'm not sure which of the conflicting statements are correct. Both were that Cate threatened to commit suicide and both were that Tyler wouldn't do the specific sex acts the manager was expecting, but neither agree with whether Tyler knew what he was getting into and both conflict on which was taking advantage of the other. Maybe Tyler wasn't too dense to know what was expected since everyone else reading into it could.

• Love 3
(edited)

I am REALLY over all of these people calling themselves "CEO's". I just noticed Tyler updated his Instagram to say he is the CEO of Tierra Reign-I guess that's the name of their new "clothing line" or whatever? Could you imagine if any of these fake CEOs actually had to work in the corporate world?? One bit of constructive criticism from a real boss and they would get fired over posting a twitter rant about how their boss is a hater.

Edited by BXD
  • Love 11
On 4/29/2017 at 11:44 AM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I think Cate was parroting what the adoption agency people/literature said. She was definitely speaking in adoption-speak. I think the 16&P producers probably also gave her some talking points or downright practiced with her before the turned on the camera.

I was going to point this out too. Cate's spiel about wanting to go to college was just a spiel, not an honest goal. I think she was rationalizing giving Carly up to herself by talking about all her future options, and also self conscious about being pregnant at 16 in front of two educated, affluent adults.

Cate has been extremely lazy from day one. She barely graduated high school and didn't do even the barest minimum work to get a job in the early days of Teen Mom (before the money rolled in). Had she never been cast on 16 and pregnant, I think she would have eventually gotten a job somewhere, because she would have had to, but this girl was never going to buckle down and get any post secondary certification or degree.

Untreated depression and/or anxiety, below average IQ, unsupportive and unstable home life- this is someone very ill equipped to handle most things in life.

• Love 7
On 5/1/2017 at 7:34 AM, Calm81 said:

She really does have the hustle, mindset to succeed in life. I remember the first season and she was NEVER sitting on the couch doing nothing. I remember a scene where she was doing her math homework while holding Sophia and trying to eat her Iunch/dinner at the same time.

The girl didn't like wasting time that could be spent on something useful as she stated when those guys she dated were wasting her time on those dates "I could've been doing school work instead of going on a date with guys that knew in advance they didn't want to date someone with a child."

That is generally true...this is a girl who always had a job the first two seasons of Teen Mom, and was frequently in school, so good for her on that, I guess.

On the other hand, I can't forget this is the same girl who once drove 5 hours each way to confront a guy who wouldn't return her phone calls, AND also told her boyfriend of 3 weeks (Daniel) that he was wasting her time if he wasn't planning on marrying her.

But yes, her motivation and her ability to stand up (literally, Catelynn) could teach C&T a thing or two.

• Love 9
(edited)
6 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Ahhh so that is what TR stands for. 

Tierra Reign. I googled this and something about The Bachelor came up first. 

I know that Tierra is short for Baltierra, but it is also Spanish for "land".  So the name mean "land rule".  Such a great name for a children's clothing line!  (Groan!)  Also, check out these definitions of "tierra" from the Urban Dictionary:  http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tierra  Made me laugh when I applied them to Cate and Tyler.  :)

What is the fascination with the word "reign"?  I know it's Nova's middle name, but do they think it's clever???

Also, why do these Teen Moms think they know everything about selling children's clothing?  Is it because they have children????  It's like the TV production people I've met who think they can produce shows for kids because they have kids and know what they like.  Wrong!  There is more behind it.  I would never suggest that I could produced a show for kids just because my daughter likes Peppa Pig.

Edited by Marisagf
  • Love 9
On 4/10/2017 at 4:43 PM, Meatball said:

And when Theresa gave Cate the bracelet and said the three of them will be forever linked? Boy, Theresa really stepped in it there. I'm sure she never imagined these two little assholes would pretend Carly was on loan.

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 6:03 AM, Uncle JUICE said:

How much better would this show be if Starburst were appearing with thought bubbles as the voice of reason? I'd be watching it if that happened. 

Juice!!!!! Miss you. :) 

• Love 4
On 5/1/2017 at 4:16 PM, CaliforniaLove said:

#the3stooges? Seriously Cate? I know they all hate them some Farrah, but like it or not, she IS one of them...it's not like Cate, Maci & Amber all film together (except for their AWESOME Puerto Rico trip & after shows of course) & show us their wacky hijinks while Farrah is off not having hate crimes. 

The best part is that most likely without Farrah the #3stooges wouldn't have a show, mtv brought her back because just the stooges was a snoozer. Im not a die hard Farrah fan, but I like her marginally better than the other 3, it's still extremely minimal(at least until she opens her mouth) .

• Love 4
3 hours ago, leighroda said:

The best part is that most likely without Farrah the #3stooges wouldn't have a show, mtv brought her back because just the stooges was a snoozer. Im not a die hard Farrah fan, but I like her marginally better than the other 3, it's still extremely minimal(at least until she opens her mouth) .

I wish there was less Farrah talking and more scenes of her just working on her businesses. I could actually do without Sophia at this point. Farrah is at least not on a couch. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Tyler like to antique. I highly doubly Catelynn enjoys it. 

Every time my husband and I go on a vacation to a new place our idea of fun is "let's check out their antique shops!" Like giddy school kids and I'm 35 he's 46. We've been antiquing together since we got married when I was 27. 

I just don't see Cate into that sort of thing but I can picture Tyler getting into antique shops. Catelynn probably goes along because she knows eventually Ty will need food and she gets to try out new restaurants because after antiquing my hubby and I will go out for lunch. ?

• Love 6
(edited)
7 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I wish there was less Farrah talking and more scenes of her just working on her businesses. I could actually do without Sophia at this point. Farrah is at least not on a couch. 

I agree, when Farrah isn't bitching as I do enjoy watching her work on her businesses because I like to see the behind the scenes of how a business grows.

I hope her stores do well because she works hard and it gives her a reason to stop the entertainment industry. Not that I have anything against the adult industry but ever since her 16 and pregnant episode she has always said how her dream was to be a manager of her own restaurant and I would like to see at least one girl from this franchise do what they said they wanted to achieve in the earlier seasons before they became rich.

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 4
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Calm81 said:

Every time my husband and I go on a vacation to a new place our idea of fun is "let's check out their antique shops!" Like giddy school kids and I'm 35 he's 46. We've been antiquing together since we got married when I was 27. 

I just don't see Cate into that sort of thing but I can picture Tyler getting into antique shops. Catelynn probably goes along because she knows eventually Ty will need food and she gets to try out new restaurants because after antiquing my hubby and I will go out for lunch. ?

That, or Cate doesn't want any of those hot antiquing homewrecking chicks to see Ty-Ty on his own and make their move :)

Do you think she checks out the menus at these new places, or just asks the servers for nachos each time?

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 4
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Tatum said:

That, or Cate doesn't want any of those hot antiquing homewrecking chicks to see Ty-Ty on his own and make their move :)

Do you think she checks out the menus at these new places, or just asks the servers for nachos each time?

Lol. I just pictured her at a restaurant (regardless if it's seafood or an Italian place) saying I'd like your biggest plate of chicken nachos and a 7 point quesadilla with a quesadilla on the side because I still have points leftover - extra on the sour cream.

Do you think Cate is really that jealous and possessive still?

I mean she agreed to Tyler going to a strip club with naked chicks grinding on him (hot chicks) she is fine with Tyler having 2 million female followers on his social media and I haven't seen her act jealous since that club scene in season 2.

Unless she hides it well. Gawd, how can she be jealous about Tyler. He's so dorky looking lol.

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 2

In fairness, I haven't actually watched Teen Mom since about the second season so I don't really know if Cate is still insecure about Tyler. Their relationship is extremely codependent though, even now.

• Love 1

I think Cate is insecure about their relationship, and about other girls hanging onto Tyler. She is getting bigger and bigger, although so is he, but she really has nothing going for her. She sits on the couch all day, has no education or job skills, and no future.

Farrah is setting a good example for Sophia. Hard work always pays off.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Calm81 said:

Do you think Cate is really that jealous and possessive still?

YES. 

She's one of those girls who acts like she's cool with stuff, but she's really not. Remember, as soon as Tyler mentioned that he might be feeling depressed, she made it all about her. She's very insecure. 

• Love 7
46 minutes ago, ChicagoChris said:

She sits on the couch all day, has no education or job skills, and no future.

I can see her becoming passive-aggressive any time Tyler doesn't spend his day on the couch next to her eating fast food.  Wouldn't be surprised if she was jealous when he spent time writing his novella.

Also, she only accepted Tyler going to the strip club because it was filmed for MTV and she planned to surprise him there.

• Love 7

I went through an "obsessed with Marilyn Monroe" phase while I was in high school (probably age 15-16 or so).  This obsession included buying posters and other items featuring MM, but also reading every biography I could get my hands on.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Have Cate or Tyler said why they didn't sell their house when they bought the one they're in now?

I think Tyler remarked that it needed some work before they could put the house on the market.  Butch is to live there and do repairs/remodel in exchange for rent.

• Love 1
(edited)
10 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

I think Tyler remarked that it needed some work before they could put the house on the market.  Butch is to live there and do repairs/remodel in exchange for rent.

I imagine it does, lol! Just wondered if they were going to list it (apparently it was listed in 2014) , or if they were Planning on becoming landlords.

Edited by ginger90
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

This is supposed to be a KIDS' line????

I may have them confused with another TM, but haven't they called their kid "sexy" a couple times?

17 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I may have them confused with another TM, but haven't they called their kid "sexy" a couple times?

Eww, I don't recall that at all. 

But it does remind me that some random stranger in the store once told me that my 9 month old baby boy was "sexy". What is WRONG with people???

• Love 1
On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 9:06 AM, CofCinci said:

As a therapist, I can see some short-term benefit for marijuana to be used as an assistive aide for those with anxiety, depression, or PTSD to help them complete an evidence-based treatment (get you out of the house to practice in vivo exposure/committed action assignments/etc.), but for Catelynn and Tyler medical-grade marijuana harms more than it helps.  It is pretty much the worst thing thing Catelynn has ever done in her life -- and this is coming from the POV of a mental health professional who is open to recreational and therapeutic use of drugs - because (in laymen terms) she is fucking with her Amygdala regulation:  Fight (Fighter) - Flight (Runner)- Freeze (Freezer).  Catelynn is 'freezer'.  All the smoking is just going to make her even more immobile.  A tiny bit - paired with in vivo exposure/committed action - would be beneficial/therapeutic.  Spark up, Cate.  You're just making yourself more of a lazy lump - the fulfilling prophecy.

p.s.  She would never run to her horse and gallop away while having a panic attack because she is a freezer and not a runner.

Definitely agree. I was prescribed medical marijuana for my PTSD and it helped greatly with my immediate symptoms (severe panic attacks, etc) when it was at its worst. Then the goal is to move on and forward from it (which I did fairly quickly), unless your condition is very very severe and it can be helpful over a long period of time. I don't think regular use is ALWAYS negative by any means. All it's doing for these two is helping them to sit around moping even more. It's especially not helpful for clinical depression that already causes you to sit around doing nothing........what in the world are they on about?! They're really, really not helping anyone who might actually benefit from medical use.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

Watching Cate and Tyler sucks the life out of me. Tyler so clearly can't stand her. I can't blame him, though I don't think he's any better.

Yeah they don't even look remotely attracted to each other. When they were in the hot springs on that trip they couldn't have looked less like romantic partners. It was so weird.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I don't recall that, but I do remember Tyler posting a picture of a heavily Toddler and Tiara'd up Nova, with the caption, I am in so much trouble when she gets older, or something to that effect. It was a little disconcerting as Nova was like 14 months old in the picture.

• Love 1