Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E03: Leave It All on the Dance Floor

Taralightner
  • Start Topic

I wonder what Dayton did to Kelli to incur such wrath? Her hatred is as palpable as it was a couple seasons back with Colby. And she acts like the sun shines straight out of Victoria's a...hole. If I were Shelly I would be really ticked off

• Love 12

Has Brenda been around the Cowboys/judging for a long time? At first I was WTF about her crying, but now I wonder if it was from a place of "I've known her since she was in diapers and now look at her!" Blech.

Thank you for the freeze-frame of Marshall. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ThreaLevelMidnight said:

Whether consciously or subconsciously, Kelli is probably resentful that Shelly’s daughter is naturally gorgeous, while her own daughter... well it doesn’t really need to be spelled out does it? 

Also I stand by my prior statement that Kelli is a sociopath. To clarify, NOT a psychopath (the violent kind), just a sociopath. Y’all should listen to the book “The Sociopath Next Door” and it will all make sense. 

psychopaths are NOT by definition violent. its simply defines a set of personality traits and cold-hearted behaviours, not violence. Most CEOs and surgeons will display psychopathic traits, they do not show violence.

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, tanyak said:

Has Brenda been around the Cowboys/judging for a long time? At first I was WTF about her crying, but now I wonder if it was from a place of "I've known her since she was in diapers and now look at her!" Blech.

Thank you for the freeze-frame of Marshall. 

Had to re-watch Marshall. LMAO!

Kitty got good work done, loss weight, and a fresh new haircut.

Jayln & Hannah -  YES, YES, YES!

Rachel - Pure Class. Extremely articulate.

Gabby - Good on field and gorgeous.

Meredith - No personality. Zombie-like.

Keyra - Firecracker, sad to see her go.

Selna - Beautiful human being, sad to see her go. Pure class.

Jessika - Should have been cut.

Marshall & Nick - Love my Queens

Dayton - Thick and boring.

VK - I can't with her. Mess. Her look is dated. Deserved to be a DCC 25 years ago.

Edited by HateWatcher
  • Love 11
10 minutes ago, HateWatcher said:

Had to re-watch Marshall. LMAO!

Haven't seen the whole ep, but had to see what you guys were talking about.  Marshall is hysterical.  He's just giving Brenda these looks like what is wrong with you???  And the reaction when VK fell out of her turns was completely unexpected from what I've seen thru the years.

• Love 4

I love this show and I have been faithfully watching since the initial 2-hour special. Like every other reality show I know this: what we’re seeing is a tiny FRACTION of what goes on behind the scenes and what little we do see is open to interpretation by the editors. It’s highly doubtful that the only reason Keyra was cut was for tradiness. Or that the only reason VK advanced was because she as is a legacy.

It’s still a reality TV show. Take what you see with a grain of salt.

Edited by Gingi1976
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Haven't seen the whole ep, but had to see what you guys were talking about.  Marshall is hysterical.  He's just giving Brenda these looks like what is wrong with you???  And the reaction when VK fell out of her turns was completely unexpected from what I've seen thru the years.

his face with all the crying...perfection.  I made a similar face when Kelli was going on about how VK had one of the most passionate solos of the day. and, so, therefore? passionate isn't the same as 'good'. I can be a damned passionate singer. I am not self-deluded enough to imagine that means Im good

Anyone else feel that Yuko looked weak dancing on the field? which was ironic when they had a voiceover of rookie saying how intimidating it is to dance next to a vet. I like Yuko, I think she seems sweet, but she seems pretty outdanced often

• Love 7
4 hours ago, PWBlackburn said:

1. I'm not great at makeup but I really want to give VK a new makeup look. She caked it on (not well) and made herself look wayyyy older then 18. I'm not a VK fan but Lord that makeup is rough. I also want to cut her hair short and thin it out a bit. 

2. Marshall's side eye was amazing

3. I think Sarah should've made it to camp over Jessika

4. The more I watch & rewatch the episode the more I dislike Keyra's attitude and the more I adore Selina and wish she had retired instead of getting cut

VK’s eye lashes are OTT, but besides for that her makeup seems good to me.  Her hair is nice - I think shorter hair wouldn’t look right on her taller frame.   I think VK looks great.  Yeah she looks a lot older than 18, but not really in a bad way.  Just has one of those looks where she can pass from 30 as a teenager.  It’s not like she’s going to look any older until she’s actually old. 

Kelli Q is the one who REALLY looks much older than she is.   She looks like she’s like 45 to me.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 7

Many people won’t agree with me but whatever.... I think VK is a good dancer, maybe not as polished because she is only 18, but they’ve taken many other girls who weren’t as well. I don’t think people would hate on VK as much if her mother wasn’t best friends with Kelli. Yes it’s annoying how they were crying about VKs solo, but Judy cried when Cassie made it to training camp, understandably. I don’t have anything against VK and no one on here knows her to have so much hate for her, it’s really not her fault... it’s Kelli’s, if anyone. VK did fall out of her turn, but everything else was ok. She’s unpolished and rough around the edges, but she is not a bad dancer. 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

his face with all the crying...perfection.  I made a similar face when Kelli was going on about how VK had one of the most passionate solos of the day. and, so, therefore? passionate isn't the same as 'good'. I can be a damned passionate singer. I am not self-deluded enough to imagine that means Im good

Lyrical is my least favorite to watch too, and they don't do lyrical on the field, so I don't know why Kelli goes so googly eyed over it every year. She did it with Briana last year and look how that turned out.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, sATL said:

RE: weight gain... there's a question burning in the back of my mind... how does the TCC/DCC prevent bloating, and menstrual weight gain -esp in the lower ab area? Take all kind of OTC pills?

I know I can be another 1/2 inch waist/breast size for a couple of days...

I am glad for Brenda for speaking up about it is ok for a women to have a little something...

Here is the scoop on menstrual weight gain: we do not HAVE to have our periods every month. I suspect most of these women are on depo shots, which can completely eliminate them or decrease them to every three months. Personally, I have a lot of issues, my OB/GYN and I have adjusted my birth control pill regimen so that I only have a period once every 3 months, and they last about 4 days. So if I have something coming up say, August 20, and I know that's when I am scheduled to have my next period, I just adjust my pills so I have it the 13th instead (with full encouragement of my OB/GYN). Also, with my new regimen, I have minimal water retention and weight gain, as opposed to fluctuating up to 10 lbs. I would imagine this is one of the topics covered in first meeting, if these women aren't savvy enough already to know this. So they can have a period during an away game week, or not during the season at all. (my BFF adjusted her pills so she has 2 periods a year). Most younger women are very well aware of this.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Law Mom said:

If anyone at CMT has half a brain, they will give Marshall his own show. I would watch the hell out of it.

Same here..."Shade by Marshall" :) 

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Yet last year Kashara was praised for it & even was given a Kastupid nickname.

OMG Kastupid...you made me giggle!!! I love me some Kash...but that was the dumbest nickname!! 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, GBPackersfan said:

Here is the scoop on menstrual weight gain: we do not HAVE to have our periods every month. I suspect most of these women are on depo shots, which can completely eliminate them or decrease them to every three months. Personally, I have a lot of issues, my OB/GYN and I have adjusted my birth control pill regimen so that I only have a period once every 3 months, and they last about 4 days. So if I have something coming up say, August 20, and I know that's when I am scheduled to have my next period, I just adjust my pills so I have it the 13th instead (with full encouragement of my OB/GYN). Also, with my new regimen, I have minimal water retention and weight gain, as opposed to fluctuating up to 10 lbs. I would imagine this is one of the topics covered in first meeting, if these women aren't savvy enough already to know this. So they can have a period during an away game week, or not during the season at all. (my BFF adjusted her pills so she has 2 periods a year). Most younger women are very well aware of this.  

the pill or shot don't work well for everyone, and certain health conditions preclude usage. not everyone responds the same way in regards to weight gain to the pill.  I can't take it at all. I had to have POP variant because of migraines and there are fewer of those than mixed hormone pills and I bled for e months straight, heavily. and tht was after I'd come off the pill after responding poorly. I also gained a lot of weight and struggled to lose any. 

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Gingi1976 said:

I love this show and I have been faithfully watching since the initial 2-hour special. Like every other reality show I know this: what we’re seeing is a tiny FRACTION of what goes on behind the scenes and what little we do see is open to interpretation by the editors. It’s highly doubtful that the only reason Keyra was cut was for tradiness. Or that the only reason VK advanced was because she as is a legacy.

Keyra was late for two appearances, she rubbed a few of the other girls the wrong way along with rubbing Kelli the wrong way, and the company she was keeping did not help *cough Jenna, Cersten and Erica cough* And yes she did have a self centered look at me attitude going for her.

Edited by bigskygirl
Just now, Loves2Dance said:

Yeah! If she's back at point this year I'm gonna be doing some serious side eye at Kelli and Judy. 

It would be weird to see her at point with that "punishment" they seemed to be doling out during selection of Training Camp Candidates.

But if not Kashara, who?

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, jmarie said:

Many people won’t agree with me but whatever.... I think VK is a good dancer, maybe not as polished because she is only 18, but they’ve taken many other girls who weren’t as well. I don’t think people would hate on VK as much if her mother wasn’t best friends with Kelli. Yes it’s annoying how they were crying about VKs solo, but Judy cried when Cassie made it to training camp, understandably. I don’t have anything against VK and no one on here knows her to have so much hate for her, it’s really not her fault... it’s Kelli’s, if anyone. VK did fall out of her turn, but everything else was ok. She’s unpolished and rough around the edges, but she is not a bad dancer. 

But Judy is a) her mother not simply women in her orbit and b) cried when she made TC, a decision she wasn't a part of (officially) not simply because of a dance routine, that what we saw of was no better or worse than anyone elses.  Half of the panel bursting into tears over the passion and how heartfelt it was was just ridiculous

• Love 15
1 minute ago, CaseyRe said:

But Judy is a) her mother not simply women in her orbit and b) cried when she made TC, a decision she wasn't a part of (officially) not simply because of a dance routine, that what we saw of was no better or worse than anyone elses.  Half of the panel bursting into tears over the passion and how heartfelt it was was just ridiculous

Kelli be cryin cause she'd bout to throw her unda the DCC bus. Bwahaha!

• Love 1
Just now, veronicamers said:

It would be weird to see her at point with that "punishment" they seemed to be doling out during selection of Training Camp Candidates.

But if not Kashara, who?

There's really no one who is as dynamic as KaShara for point, although by seniority, Lacey should have point.  KaShara may not be the most technical dancer, but she is beautiful, appealing and fun to watch.  She knows how to work the crowd.  Lacey, while she's a beautiful dancer, she doesn't play the audience like KaShara.  If I had to choose someone other than KaShara for point, I would go for Khalyn.  JMO :) 

• Love 7
On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 1:49 PM, Gingi1976 said:

Oh, for sure. I'm just questioning WHY we are getting this insanely over the top "hero" edit for VK. It's been suggested that the producers and DCC leadership thought the audience would go nuts for this story arc of a legacy trying to follow in her mother's footsteps. Alternatively, you could argue they are pushing it so hard to overcompensate for VK's weaknesses as a candidate. I don't know. It just seems so glaring.

Edited by veronicamers
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, CaseyRe said:

the pill or shot don't work well for everyone, and certain health conditions preclude usage. not everyone responds the same way in regards to weight gain to the pill.  I can't take it at all. I had to have POP variant because of migraines and there are fewer of those than mixed hormone pills and I bled for e months straight, heavily. and tht was after I'd come off the pill after responding poorly. I also gained a lot of weight and struggled to lose any. 

Very true, however for MOST women, it's certainly an option. The majority of women have no issues with birth control in general. And don't forget, these women are heavy exercisers. That, in and of itself, can significantly decrease periods or eliminate them all together. 

5 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Someone told me Keyra was late for two appearances, she rubbed a few of the other girls the wrong way along with rubbing Kelli the wrong way, and the company she was keeping did not help *cough Jenna, Cersten and Erica cough* And yes she did have a self centered look at me attitude going for her.

Yes, Kelli said she was late for two things. One was the opening of the Star, she just barely made it. The other was an appearance at a children's hospital. We know that's the death knell for anyone. I was a Keyra fan, but when she said (rather snottily, I thought) "I want to know what I did to get cut!" she lost me. 

• Love 4

For knowledgeable people, was Meredith a good dancer? Miss Kitty seemed to think she was going to get out danced. Kelly said she liked her turn out

had they just written her off after interviews or was she also out danced?

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Yet last year Kashara was praised for it & even was given a Kastupid nickname.

Based on previous posts, I assume you’re a Lacey gal?  In fairness, Kashara may not be your favorite but she stepped up in time of desperate need for leadership whereas Lacey did not. Kashara also thankfully varies her audition solos whereas Lacey has done the exact same style of routine each year. She’s a beautiful dancer but predictable and boring at auditions.

I understand having favorites but I think it’s important to give credit where it’s due. 

• Love 16
Just now, veronicamers said:

Oh, for sure. I'm just questioning WHY we are getting this insanely over the top "hero" edit for VK. It's been suggested that the producers and DCC leadership thought the audience would go nuts for this story arc of a legacy trying to follow her in mother's footsteps. Alternatively, you could argue they are pushing it so hard to overcompensate for VK's weaknesses as a candidate. I don't know. It just seems so glaring.

for me it smells of the disconnect between what a producer thinks the audience should be caring about, versus what they actually care about.  its common for producers to try to manipulate feelings of the audience to support a character or person and sometimes it works better than others, but in this case, it just isn't working and is actually working so poorly it's turning a large number of people away from supporting VK

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Kayce said:

There's really no one who is as dynamic as KaShara for point, although by seniority, Lacey should have point.  KaShara may not be the most technical dancer, but she is beautiful, appealing and fun to watch.  She knows how to work the crowd.  Lacey, while she's a beautiful dancer, she doesn't play the audience like KaShara.  If I had to choose someone other than KaShara for point, I would go for Khalyn.  JMO :) 

Lacey could be point. She would be amazing.

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

psychopaths are NOT by definition violent. its simply defines a set of personality traits and cold-hearted behaviours, not violence. Most CEOs and surgeons will display psychopathic traits, they do not show violence.

This is correct. Only roughly 2% of Psychopaths will commit violent crimes or murders. 

9 minutes ago, GBPackersfan said:

Yes, Kelli said she was late for two things. One was the opening of the Star, she just barely made it. The other was an appearance at a children's hospital. We know that's the death knell for anyone. I was a Keyra fan, but when she said (rather snottily, I thought) "I want to know what I did to get cut!" she lost me. 

She lost me as well...she was a little "too" confident.  Taunting the rookie candidates at finals was uncool... None of the other candidates have ever done that.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, jmarie said:

But Kelli is like VK’s 2nd mother, she knew her since she was born, and many people have mother daughter relationships even though they aren’t that persons mother. All I was saying out of my last post was that in my opinion, she’s getting a lot of hate for something she can not control and many people are saying she’s not a good dancer, when that’s simply not true. 

All the reason why I think Kelli should have recused herself. Let VK succeed or fail on her own, without the benefit of her "second mom" making excuses for her. Which is exactly what we are seeing play out.

• Love 13

Do you guys think the producers like VK? They’ve intentionally been showing negative things about her- her weight, judges calling out how out of control she is and giving her maybes, falling out of two turns when no one else had any errors shown.

I'm not so sure they are pushing a positive edit for her. I think she’s quite easily getting the spoiled young girl treatment. The girl who was always told she’s wonderful and can’t see how she truly stands next to the competition.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, GBPackersfan said:

Very true, however for MOST women, it's certainly an option. The majority of women have no issues with birth control in general. And don't forget, these women are heavy exercisers. That, in and of itself, can significantly decrease periods or eliminate them all together. 

In her defense, the star opening was when, last September/October?  Then the other thing was a Christmastime thing, right?  So she’s late once almost 11 months ago, gets yelled at for it, then the the entire football season occurs, etc.  Then 2-3 months later she’s late again (after having been on time for all the games and other stuff), gets yelled at again, and then tons more events and appearances go on until the end of the season - here we are now, 8 months later!, and they are cutting her for being late to something back in Christmas?   Talk abut holding a grudge - like geesh.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, GBPackersfan said:

I am already a heavy exerciser and my periods are heavy and very very regular. I work out 6 days a week for several hours each time. the majority of women also don't use the pill, only 25ish% of women use it and at an ever decreasing rate because of the health issues attached to it as well as resentment towards their body chemistry being screwed with all the time. I grew up with a midwife, i know waaaaay more than I want to about trends in contraceptive use and behaviours as well as issues that a large number of women have with hormonal contraception.  also, other teams have specifically spoken about weight in regards to their cheerleaders during their periods, and the Buffalo Jills have a super creepy part of their handbook on how the girls should be washing their groin, that their tampons must be changed every 4 hours at minimum (althought theyre given permission to wear a tampon all night) and that they must have tampons on hand at all times, in the correct size, so clearly these women do deal with periods

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Kayce said:

She lost me as well...she was a little "too" confident.  Taunting the rookie candidates at finals was uncool... None of the other candidates have ever done that.

Can you elaborate? She was taunting the candidates? I totally missed this...What did she do?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, veronicamers said:

All the reason why I think Kelli should have recused herself. Let VK succeed or fail on her own, without the benefit of her "second mom" making excuses for her. Which is exactly what we are seeing play out.

I have to agree.  Judy had to recuse herself from Cassie...and I think it would have been warranted in this case as well for Kelli to step out on Victoria. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, NotaDCCheerleader said:

Based on previous posts, I assume you’re a Lacey gal?  In fairness, Kashara may not be your favorite but she stepped up in time of desperate need for leadership whereas Lacey did not. Kashara also thankfully varies her audition solos whereas Lacey has done the exact same style of routine each year. She’s a beautiful dancer but predictable and boring at auditions.

I understand having favorites but I think it’s important to give credit where it’s due. 

#didwejustbecomebestfriends  THANK YOU for finally saying it! Listen, I really REALLY like Lacey as a person - I think she is as sweet and genuine and hard working as they come. I hear nothing bad about her. To use our favorite expression, she's world freaking class. But she has done the same routine every single year and mixed her costume up once with the bright red.  I guess it's fine to stick with what you're good at but it paints her as a lyrical, not powerful performer.  I would have so much respect for her if she busted it out one year!! 

• Love 16
14 minutes ago, rose711 said:

For knowledgeable people, was Meredith a good dancer? Miss Kitty seemed to think she was going to get out danced. Kelly said she liked her turn out

had they just written her off after interviews or was she also out danced?

She was good, yes, but in the very classical and “soft” way.    She may not have had much power to her dancing. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Pebbles116 said:

Can you elaborate? She was taunting the candidates? I totally missed this...What did she do?

When the vets rolled up to finals she sort of did a "woo hoo, bring it!" gesturing thing to the rookie candidates. It was...offputting.

• Love 10

Just before they were let into the building for finals...a lot of people (myself included) took it as her taunting the candidates/trying to intimidate them.  

• Love 8

I think they are talking abt her high kick she did when the vets showed up to the stadium 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, rose711 said:

Do you guys think the producers like VK? They’ve intentionally been showing negative things about her- her weight, judges calling out how out of control she is and giving her maybes, falling out of two turns when no one else had any errors shown.

I'm not so sure they are pushing a positive edit for her. I think she’s quite easily getting the spoiled young girl treatment. The girl who was always told she’s wonderful and can’t see how she truly stands next to the competition.

I feel like it's such a fine line to tell whether or not they 'like' someone or if they like them for dramatic purposes lol  Has anyone here watched the show UnReal? After watching that I could never watch reality tv shows the same way.  it's very eye opening! 

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

This is truth. Same for me. For some, it’s not worth messing up a reproductive system  to be on a cheer squad. 

Edited by Jesslyn
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, rose711 said:

Lacey could be point. She would be amazing.

Oh don't get me wrong...I love Lacey (have since she bloodied her nose from her kick in the kickline her rookie year at finals)  she's a beautiful dancer for sure, and she would do a good job at point.  I just don't see the spunk in her that I see in KaShara or Khalyn...I'm all behind Lacey at point, if that's the route they go, because she has certainly earned the spot.  

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, erikaelvis said:

I dont know if any one has mentioned, but when they announced Gina, there was a major eyeroll form Keyra.  Gina has rubbed me wrong from day one!

I don't know why, but I've never liked her either. is she a great dancer? absolutely. is there something about her that rubs me completely the wrong way? yes oh yes

• Love 8