Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E03: Leave It All on the Dance Floor

Taralightner
  • Start Topic

They should’ve cut Jessika and taken Sara. Keyra really is dense if she had no clue why she was cut... cuz you were late. Twice. That’s a DCC cardinal sin. Shelly crying when Dayton made TC was sweet. Malena didn’t look strong to me, but she’s gorgeous.

• Love 18

okay-- I was actually thrilled when we got to watch Dayton make it. I also like Brianna from Titans.

I can not stand Meredith. She seems to think she is the best one there. The dramatic on camera sobbing was uncomfortable.

Everyone seemed happy for Brennan. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, PrincessLeia said:

They should’ve cut Jessika and taken Sara. Keyra really is dense if she had no clue why she was cut... cuz you were late. Twice. That’s a DCC cardinal sin. Shelly crying when Dayton made TC was sweet. Malena didn’t look strong to me, but she’s gorgeous.

I agree, but I think Sara was too soft for them. She has a lot of 'giggle' and they don't like the giggle. 

• Love 2
Just now, MSgal said:

I can not stand Meredith. She seems to think she is the best one there. The dramatic on camera sobbing was uncomfortable.

Everyone seemed happy for Brennan. 

Meredith acts like she’s high..... I don’t know. She reminds me of my friends in Colorado. ?

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
3 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

Maelena is gorgeous. 

Kerya-why?????  

Loving Scott!

Oh Selina :(.  Positive- she is so pretty and sweet but was outdanced.

She was one of the few women who was what DCC claim they are — accomplished with a full time career. Which is fine, they just need to cut the crap about what they claim they are.

• Love 7

DANG Kelli calling out Dayton,

4 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Meredith is beautiful but has the personality of a potato. Go home and fry it, but some butter and cheese on it and come back next year. 

NO!!! please, don't come back!!! and if you do, gain some humility before you return. 

• Love 3
Just now, DFWBelle said:

"You will not make this team just because you're someone's daughter" Kelli to Dayton

I sincerely hope Kelli had the same exact conversation with Victoria. 

If she did you know it probably wasn't on camera, but I'm with you that I really hope she told VK the same thing. 

• Love 7

So sad for Selina. Work with the woman! She works full time.  I can't imagine the difficulty it is to be a full time teacher, dance and try to remain ultra thin. 

Kerya I had been in your corner the entire time until now. Turned me off. With the edit, looked like an eye roll when Gina was called. 

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, DFWBelle said:

"You will not make this team just because you're someone's daughter" Kelli to Dayton

I sincerely hope Kelli had the same exact conversation with Victoria. 

And I hope it was on national television as well. Poor Dayton.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, pizzaislife said:

I’m sorry but the Dayton hate from Kelli is strong. Especially coupled with the blinders she has of VK and it honestly makes me seriously dislike Victoria and that’s not VKs fault, it’s Kelli’s. I wasn’t there for camp (obviously) but I’ve watched this show from the beginning and I’ve never seen someone be talked about or talked to quite so rudely. I hope Dayton goes on to amazing things and rubs it Kelli’s face one day. That office visit was just rude. 

And honestly, I hope Shelli forgets to mail her a Christmas card or something else tiny and petty because that was bull crap. 

I don't understand it at all. It's like Dayton kicked her dog when she was 5 and Kelli is holding onto some resentment from all this time. It's ridiculous. 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, ElenaFR said:

So sad for Selina. Work with the woman! She works full time.  I can't imagine the difficulty it is to be a full time teacher, dance and try to remain ultra thin

Kerya I had been in your corner the entire time until now. Turned me off. With the edit, looked like an eye roll when Gina was called. 

I have not seen the episode yet, but Selina was given chances last year to work on her weight. Other girls who were cut at finals in years before did not have as many chances as she has gotten. And there are other girls on the squad who had full time jobs and were able to keep their weight down. Do I agree with the weight requirements they put on the girls? Not at all, but Selina had over a year to work on her weight.

Felt bad for Selina.  She seems sweet unlike Keyra who seems like a snot.

Dayton is a snooze alarm and seems so blah.  Ugh. VictorIa is the exact opposite.  Spunky and smiley 

liked the laker girls

happy happy for Brianna, Brennan, Maddie and Erin

Miss America SC seems extremely annoying and stepford wifish 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, ElenaFR said:

If Kerya was cut for being late, why not tell her before trying out? Waste of time for all involved. 

She knew the score and tried out again. I think it came down to her attitude leading her to be cut.

7 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Meredith is beautiful but has the personality of a potato. Go home and fry it, but some butter and cheese on it and come back next year. 

Take Jessicka with you and don't be skimpy on the spices.

Selina knew it was coming. Still makes me sad. 

• Love 7
Just now, bigskygirl said:

I have not seen the episode yet, but Selina was given chances last year to work on her weight. Other girls who were cut at finals in years before did not have as many chances as she has gotten. And there are other girls on the squad who had full time jobs and were able to keep their weight down. Do I agree with the weight requirements they put on the girls? Not at all, but Selina had over a year to work on her weight.

This. And while sad, Selina may be at a point in her life where her body refuses to go any smaller. She wears her weight in her face so it's very noticeable as it goes up and down. I'm sad that she didn't read the writing on the wall and walk out as a retired DCC. 

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, BonnieBlue said:

I was upset when I heard Keyra was cut, but watching the show, it was totally justified.  If you can't bother to be where you need to be on time, then you should find something else to do.  Selina might have been 14 pounds heavier, but she still looks better than Victoria.  Yuck.

I missed it.  What did it show -- wait, let me guess, they crowned Victoria queen of the DCC?

I think the DCC use a similar time schedule as the Air Force.  If you arrive somewhere 30 minutes early, you're early.  If you arrive 15 minutes early, you're on time.  If you're on time, you're late.  My husband, a veteran, had to explain that to me.  I'm sure Keyra was aware of this concept, or however the DCC standard works.  She honestly seemed baffled about being cut.  Maybe she should watch this episode!

Victoria, queen of the DCC...funniest thing I've read in a long time!

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

This. And while sad, Selina may be at a point in her life where her body refuses to go any smaller. She wears her weight in her face so it's very noticeable as it goes up and down. I'm sad that she didn't read the writing on the wall and walk out as a retired DCC. 

I feel bad for her too. Crossing fingers I-tune will have the episode ready to watch tomorrow morning. Finals, cameo photo shoot, and Miss Kitty showing up at practice are usually my favorite episodes.

Edited by bigskygirl
3 minutes ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

Felt bad for Selina.  She seems sweet unlike Keyra who seems like a snot.

Dayton is a snooze alarm and seems so blah.  Ugh. VictorIa is the exact opposite.  Spunky and smiley 

liked the laker girls

happy happy for Brianna, Brennan, Maddie and Erin

Miss America SC seems extremely annoying and stepford wifish 

She comes across as too polished, imo. I'm sure it's from pageants but it makes her sound disingenuous. 

Just now, bigskygirl said:

I feel bad for her too. Crossing fingers I-tune will have the episode ready to watch tomorrow morning. Finals and when Miss Kitty shows up are usually my favorite episodes.

You may be sad, there was a lot less Kitty then normal. 

• Love 4
Just now, Beckys144 said:

What happened to Kalyssa? She was my favorite rookie from last season. She didn’t come back?

No, she quit around February and didn't finish her contract. It was also suggested that she was released for missing too many appearances, but I don't know if that 100% got confirmed or if she just walked out. She is trying to be an instagram model now. 

17 minutes ago, BonnieBlue said:

I was upset when I heard Keyra was cut, but watching the show, it was totally justified.  If you can't bother to be where you need to be on time, then you should find something else to do.  Selina might have been 14 pounds heavier, but she still looks better than Victoria.  Yuck.

I missed it.  What did it show -- wait, let me guess, they crowned Victoria queen of the DCC?

Surprisingly, the preview is on YouTube already for next weeks episode

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Beckys144 said:

What happened to Kalyssa? She was my favorite rookie from last season. She didn’t come back?

She bailed. After the end of the football season but before the end of the dance season. Now she’s a towel head wrap (& nothing else) “model”. She was my fave last year too, but I’m definitely over her. 

Edited by heckkitty
  • Love 4

Petty comment ahead: Tina getting into the building to congratulate her daughter annoyed me. Everyone else had to wait outside. 

Thanks to the editors showing us the rookies vs. the vets on the field. Love it when they do that.

I really doubt Kashara was left until next to last to be called.

Interview section was the typical train wreck.

Edited by dbell1
Petty isn't pretty. :D
  • Love 21

I have a question. Does being a former DCC give you access to the stadium whenever you want? If not, how do we explain Tina's arrival to celebrate with Victoria? I didn't see any other candidates' loved ones inside. I feel like I'm just looking for reasons to be annoyed with this whole situation...but it's hard to overlook the glaring favoritism being shown to this one particular Training Camp Candidate.  

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, veronicamers said:

I have a question. Does being a former DCC give you access to the stadium whenever you want? If not, how do we explain Tina's arrival to celebrate with Victoria? I didn't see any other candidates' loved ones inside. I feel like I'm just looking for reasons to be annoyed with this whole situation...but it's hard to overlook the glaring favoritism being shown to this one particular Training Camp Candidate.  

In year's past, former DCC have watched the solos.  Tina and Victoria have done this every year, so she was probably just there like always.

• Love 1
Just now, JohnGalt said:

Alumni do have access to the stadium during finals. They come to watch and some stay until the end of the day, so not odd that she was there, but still marginally irritating.

Thanks for the response! I'll file this one under "marginally irritating." ?

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I doubt it would come up in a formal interview (besides finals, I mean), but I do think that some version of this question and the topic itself would/could be raised by individuals interacting with DCC on appearances and at events, and it makes sense to me that they want to feel confident that the cheerleaders can answer (or even better, coherently sidestep the issue) with diplomacy and at least a degree of grace. They don't want DCC who are going to say things that mortally offend their sponsors...or Jerry Jones--especially on this issue, as there clearly is a party line that the organization expects everybody to tow. Knowing this, she should have a ready answer that suited the organization's policy on this, and if she disagrees with the policy, she also should have had her diplomatic and coded answer at the ready.

Reveal hidden contents

Sorry--nothing to see or spoil here, folks! I just can't get rid of the bubble.

I guess that was my problem with a question. It’s obviously a very heated topic right now. And the Jones family has made very clear their position. So I don’t think they really wanted to know how she felt about it because if it was anything less than “no, they should not do that,” it would’ve been a problem with the judges.  The truth is this is going to be discussed on the very first day of media training and everybody will get the same talking points. They are definitely not leaving it up to the cheerleaders to try to side step it. Either way, Jessika could have been more coherent. 

So the Jasmine who was called: that’s not the same Jasmine from a few years ago, is it? 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, dbell1 said:

Petty comment ahead: Tina getting into the building to congratulate her daughter annoyed me. Everyone else had to wait outside. 

Thanks to the editors showing us the rookies vs. the vets on the field. Love it when they do that.

I really doubt Kashara was left until next to last to be called.

Interview section was the typical train wreck.

I don’t know, she looked on the verge of tears. Maybe that was a subtle hint to her to get her weight in check.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I was always under the impression that alumni often helped during the audition process and had access to the space to watch. I could be wrong, but I would think that is why Tina was allowed in. Maybe @ShellyB could explain the rules on that? 

She waited outside for results. 

• Love 2
Just now, veronicamers said:

You mean the former NY Jets' cheerleader that was friends with Danielle? No, different Jasmine. 

Yes, ok.  I kind of thought it looked like her but then thought it wouldn’t make sense for her to be her. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, pizzaislife said:

I don’t know, she looked on the verge of tears. Maybe that was a subtle hint to her to get her weight in check.

I thought that too.  I think they did that to Melissa in her last year (calling her last to make that point) IIRC

i do like the addition of listing the girls’ names when they were in the field in groups. It helped so much. 

Edited by English Teacher
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, veronicamers said:

Thanks for the response! I'll file this one under "marginally irritating." ?

She didn’t watch finals. Some Alumni are invited; mostly it’s the Alumni that help every weekend and retiring leaders. 

Edited by ShellyB
  • Love 10