Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

I'm sad because Arrow is my first fandom, and I've been invested for 7 years. However, I think 8 seasons, and being able to wrap it up is great. If they did a Dark Knight ending with Olicity & their kids  taking off to Europe to live their lives I'd be ecstatic. I'd really love for the crossover to be done earlier in the season, so we can have a few episodes to wrap up our show. I will miss this forum though, this place is one of my fave parts of Arrow fandom.

Everyone make a pact to come back when the behind the scenes tell all books finally come out, Lol.  😉

• LOL 6
  • Love 14
8 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Since this is the end...please get rid of the flashforwards and just focus on the presence. 

I'm wondering if it's possible this can be set up as a Days of Future Past scenario.  The future events we see now may get changed due to what happens on Crisis.  If the decision was made over the weekend to end it at 10 episodes, the next few episodes that will air were made before that decision and a new endgame can be set up either in the final episodes of this season or starts a full reset for the final 10.  Oliver needs a happy ending, dammit!

• Love 1
(edited)

Logically I know it's better to go out on your own terms but OMG, what am I going to do without this board??? 

If COIE is ep 9, then they have one more episode for the Happily Ever After.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3

My guess is that Amell chose to reveal this early due to pursuing new roles and figures it’s better to avoid the speculation. If so he’s right. 

I can’t imagine the crossover not airing at its usual time so I’m going to hope for one of two things: 

Either the crossover ends on the Arrow hour and gives a great send off to the show and characters or the series finale is the episode after Crisis and is just the characters taking the next steps in their lives and finally getting to rest rather than one final Big Bad. Characters always leave in series finales so it could even be the Smoak-Queen family preparing for vacation or a move with everyone else saying goodbye. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

can’t imagine the crossover not airing at its usual time so I’m going to hope for one of two things: 

Wouldn't usual time be episode 8? They only moved it to episode 9 to give Flash it's own 100th. I would assume/hope they'd go back to 8 so Arrow could have it's own series finale.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Wouldn't usual time be episode 8? They only moved it to episode 9 to give Flash it's own 100th. I would assume/hope they'd go back to 8 so Arrow could have it's own series finale.

Even if they kept it at 9 Arrow would still have its own series finale. 

• Love 1

I mean, I kind of knew it was coming, but I’m still kind of reeling from this news. I’m just so afraid that they will end the show with Oliver dead and his legacy in ruins, it’s just seems like such a depressing way to end the show that started this whole universe. And what will I do without this board?!? 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

Even if they kept it at 9 Arrow would still have its own series finale. 

In January? Or you think they'd run and extra episodes of only Arrow in December?

I kind of just assumed Arrow would start a week early in order to get 10 episodes in before December

Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

In January? Or you think they'd run and extra episodes of only Arrow in December?

I kind of just assumed Arrow would start a week early in order to get 10 episodes in before December

I figured they'd go another week after, but who knows. 

(edited)

I'm not happy about the high possibility of Oliver dying without seeing his kids grow up etc but I'm just depressed at the possibility that he might sacrifice himself and the FFs still remain intact. 

Unless Sara reminds Rene what happened to the last "Mayor of the Glades" because now she has a Timeship.

Edited by Featherhat

That haircut does look great on her. I love the colour tone of her hair as well.

I would rather they get rid of Dinah to be honest. Or drastically reduce her screentime!

Does anyone know if EBR is coming back for S8 or did we just assume it?

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Could be proof that 718 will be Laurel's last episode, could be she'll just have shorter hair moving forward. Either way, I really like her hair.  

Could easily put extensions in, but if she does stay around I do hope they let her keep the length. 

1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

I can't imagine them not having her come back even if she's not contracted through the end.  

6 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Could be proof that 718 will be Laurel's last episode, could be she'll just have shorter hair moving forward. Either way, I really like her hair.  

I'd say that quote even more than the hair cut says she's moving on.  

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I feel like if there was even the possibility of EBR not coming back for S8, they wouldn't have had Smoak Tech established in Star City and her so much part of the future storyline (especially moving forward, since she's very, very likely alive). 

They could have easily had Felicity leave SC with Mia, since no one knows about her, instead of the whole "Felicity is pregnant in the present and everyone's around her and no one's going to know somehow" nonsense. 

• Love 2
Just now, Chaser said:

She looks fantastic with that cut/color. I think she’s done as a regular but I wouldn’t write off a series finale appearance. 

I agree.  On both counts.  That really is a great look for her. 

Yeah, KC looks great with that shorter hair! 

I wonder if when the show ends, any characters will be moved over to another show, especially as a reoccurring character, or just for a one off to see how they're doing, or in the past if theres time travel involved? You can do stuff like that when you have a shared universe! 

4 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Yeah, KC looks great with that shorter hair! 

I wonder if when the show ends, any characters will be moved over to another show, especially as a reoccurring character, or just for a one off to see how they're doing, or in the past if theres time travel involved? You can do stuff like that when you have a shared universe! 

I 100% expect to get cameos and for some of them to show up for the annual crossover but I dont see any of them getting moved to any of the other shows. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Starfish35 said:

It’s sounding like the Lost Canary episode (the one with Caity Lotz guest-starring) is going to be her last episode.

Why is it sounding like that?

40 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

EBR not coming back has kinda been my fear since we found out no one knows Mia but I think it would be really silly for her not to return for the final 10 episodes. So I’m keeping my fingers crossed! 

• Love 1
Just now, Angel12d said:

EBR not coming back has kinda been my fear since we found out no one knows Mia but I think it would be really silly for her not to return for the final 10 episodes. So I’m keeping my fingers crossed! 

I saw that speculation but it just always sounded far fetched. Especially knowing Diggle knows about her. 

3 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Would they make some kind of announcement if she was leaving before S8? Surely they would?

11 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

I saw that speculation but it just always sounded far fetched. Especially knowing Diggle knows about her. 

It didn’t feel far fetched to me tbh. I figured as no one but Diggle knew about Mia, Felicity must leave. I still can’t wrap my head around how they hide a baby from everyone. 😂 But as I said, it would be ridiculous if she didn’t return for 10 final episodes. I’d be really disappointed. So I’m hoping for the best. 

• Love 1
Just now, Angel12d said:

It didn’t feel far fetched to me tbh. I figured as no one but Diggle knew about Mia, Felicity must leave. I still can’t wrap my head around how they hide a baby from everyone. 😂 But as I said, it would be ridiculous if she didn’t return for 10 final episodes. I’d be really disappointed. So I’m hoping for the best. 

maybe dinah leaves for while.must be a reason ota doesnt trust her.

3 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

It didn’t feel far fetched to me tbh. I figured as no one but Diggle knew about Mia, Felicity must leave. I still can’t wrap my head around how they hide a baby from everyone.

But Smoak Tech, with Felicity's office, is in Star City. That's the part I don't get about this. 

8 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

But Smoak Tech, with Felicity's office, is in Star City. That's the part I don't get about this. 

This is what I didn't get either. I've been like 🤔🤔 for days. Haha.

• LOL 1
5 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Do you think they would move Arrow to mid season? Have the final season start with COIE instead of end with it?

I doubt it because I think Batwoman is intended to take Arrow's place in the DC lineup and that's sure to be a midseason launch.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Trisha said:

I love that so many of the current and former stars are posting about how special Arrow was to their lives, and KC is all “look, new hair!” 

That’s a very KC kind of thing to do, though. 😂

• Love 5
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

Do you think they might try to do a new series with Mia, or work her into one of the other shows (via time-travel/COIE)?  She seems to be the new character that’s gotten the best reception. 

• Love 2
(edited)

As much as I'm going to miss it. I'm glad it's ending. I despise how network television runs shows into the ground. I also don't want Oliver to die. All that for nothing? What was the point? The thought is more depressing than those flashforwards this season. 

Edited by Simba122504
  • Love 1