Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

(edited)

I'm sad. 😥

But also think its the right decision.

I'm surprised at the episode count, it has to be related to COIE which makes me nervous. I just want it to end well. 

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 7

I'm not surprised tbh and kinda relieved. Sad to see my favorite characters go but I think this is the right decision. I just hope they end it well and not with him dying. 😬

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I'm a bit sad but kinda relieved! 

Is it ending on COIE or one episode after?

It depends on when they decide to air it. The 10th episode always airs in January so I guess maybe they'll just go one ep further in December and that'll be it? To tie up the loose ends after he hopefully doesn't bite it in the crossover. 

• Useful 1
11 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Finally, I will be released from my prison, Tatsu!

I hope it ends well. That end coming so soon after COIE doesn't give me good feelings. 

Prove me wrong please, show. 

I'm feeling cautiously optimistic.  Still sad that it's coming to an end but the pieces are in place to let Olicity sneak off and have a happy ending.  Right now the assumption is he's going to die in COIE.  Yes, Arrow ending at 10 could allow for that but these people don't like going for the obvious ending.  So I'm going to guess Oliver will end up faking his death and he and Felicity will go into the shadows and hopefully COIE will rewrite the future with a clean slate, leaving it all open for any possibility.  

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm okay with the show ending but I'm now very afraid that Oliver dies in COIE and that's it. I would hate that. Even beyond wanting Olicity to get a happy ending, I want  Oliver to get a better ending than sacrificing everything for years only to die young, leaving behind his wife, son and newborn daughter while his city still ends up destroyed. That's a terrible ending.

Edited by JamieLynn832002
  • Love 12

That was really sad to watch. Sounds like he wanted this season to be the end and they convinced him to come back for another 10 episodes. I hope that they use the crossover to fix the future and give Oliver a happy ending.

On the plus side, I'm really, really grateful for the powers that be to recognize they couldn't use NTA or the new kids in the future to keep the show going. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Man seeing the final season is 10 episodes makes me worry that the Arrow Episode will be the last episode of the crossover and it ends with Oliver and someone else dying. Maybe to explain why no one knows about Felicitys pregancy but Diggle and Oliver, Felicity(and Mia) get shipped over to Gotham? 

Edited by jay741982
2 minutes ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

I'm okay with the show ending but I'm now very afraid that Oliver dies in COIE and that's it. I would hate that. Even beyond wanting Olicity to get a happy ending, I want  Oliver to get a better ending than sacrificing everything for years only to die young, leaving behind his wife, son and newborn daughter while his city still ends up destroyed. That's a terrible ending.

It's artsy and clever! You obviously don't recognise genius when you see it! 😝

Jokes aside I will miss you and all the other people!!!!!!! 😫

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Trisha said:

That was really sad to watch. Sounds like he wanted this season to be the end and they convinced him to come back for another 10 episodes. I hope that they use the crossover to fix the future and give Oliver a happy ending.

On the plus side, I'm really, really grateful for the powers that be to recognize they couldn't use NTA or the new kids in the future to keep the show going. 

This makes me wary. If they knew this season was close to the end why was the 150th so shitty????

Doesn't give me faith for the last 10 eps where Dinah and Rene will probably be swanning around. 

Wow. So, it really DOES look like Arrow will end with the big crossover. I knew that they'd always announce a final season, but I never expected it to only be 10 episodes and for it to be announced so late after its renewal news.

I was wondering how they would ever get the flashforwards to make sense if the show was to get to a ninth season. I guess this answers my question.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, BkWurm1 said:

I wonder if Beth was ready for this spoiler getting out.  

She probably knows. I mean, Stephen was the one to reveal it. I'm both sad and relieved, like most of you guys, that the show is ending. I've just been feeling like I've been going through the motions when it comes to this show more and more. And I've sorta noticed some actors starting to phone it in, too. I wonder if they'll announce it this year or after Arrow's end in S8 that Kat and legacy OTA might be going on to a spinoff? I hope old Dinah isn't included in that spinoff, if it happens.

1 minute ago, Starfish35 said:

Well, man, I'm sad.  :(. 

Weirdly, this show is the one CW show after Smallville ended that I bothered to watch and I've watched since the pilot...which is what lead me into Supernatural...because it came on after Arrow.  Wow. 

I really do wonder now if SPN will end with s15...hmmm

• Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, SleepDeprived said:

She probably knows. I mean, Stephen was the one to reveal it. I'm both sad and relieved, like most of you guys, that the show is ending. I've just been feeling like I've been going through the motions when it comes to this show more and more. And I've sorta noticed some actors starting to phone it in, too. I wonder if they'll announce it this year or after Arrow's end in S8 that Kat and legacy OTA might be going on to a spinoff? I hope old Dinah isn't included in that spinoff, if it happens.

There are already articles out about Beth, Berlanti and MG deciding to end it.  And wording like ending in a way that honors its legacy that will have me nervous until this is over.

Edited by BkWurm1
2 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

There are already articles out about Beth, Berlanti and MG deciding to end it.  And wording like ending in a way that honors its legacy that will have me nervous until this is over.

oooh what do you mean? Is it the usual "love letter to fans" stuff that implies they will do something shitty?

I really need a happy ending for Oliver & Co. Not NTA though. And I'd like a rewritten future where Mia and Will grow up with both their parents. I absolutely do not want to see Oliver die for the rest of the Flarrowverse that he started.

I'm more sad to have the end to this community. Let's snark til the very end!

• Love 14

Its really odd that they announced it now. 

As for COIE, I actually think this means they're going to use the crossover to fix everything. There's no point not to, since they're not continuing the show. 

I also don't see Arrow ending with the crossover. I expect a series finale being separate but, with Arrow has gotten screwed before

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, SleepDeprived said:

It's sad cause I also dont wanna say goodbye to Felicity, Diggle and Oliver. Hoping Crisis changes things and Olicity get to slide away to Aruba or something to Retire with Baby Mia 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

oooh what do you mean? Is it the usual "love letter to fans" stuff that implies they will do something shitty?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/arrow-end-season-8-cw-1192596?utm_source=twitter&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

"This was a difficult decision to come to, but like every hard decision we’ve made for the past seven years, it was with the best interests of Arrow in mind," showrunner Beth Schwartz and exec producers Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim said in a joint statement Wednesday. "We’re heartened by the fact that Arrow has birthed an entire universe of shows that will continue on for many years to come. We’re excited about crafting a conclusion that honors the show, its characters and its legacy and are grateful to all the writers, producers, actors, and — more importantly — the incredible crew that has sustained us and the show for over seven years." 

By itself the bolded section shouldn't cause concern but if MG had a hand in it...

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

I believed this since the last crossover that Crisis is going to be the premiere of all shows. 

I don't see how they could get the pieces in place (Flash specifically) in time for the crossover to be the season premieres.  

(edited)

Hopefully Oliver gets at least a bittersweet ending which they always give to LOT, like @BkWurm1 still hoping for a Nolan trilogy ending and/or a more hopeful future. I do think COIE is going to be more complicated than just swapping himself for Barry and Kara. 

Very ok with it ending with SA and not dragging on with the noobs or FFs.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 1

I hope the crossover is the premiere, and not the ending. While I'm relieved/sad/etc. about Arrow ending, I don't want the finale of the series to be concentrating on Team Flash/Team Supergirl, etc. 

Also I admit to being curious what everyone else does next after Arrow.

4 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I don't see how they could get the pieces in place (Flash specifically) in time for the crossover to be the season premieres.  

I dont know the EP are speeding everything up they said. Also wasting time with their villain. 

23 minutes ago, shantown said:

This seems like a weird time to announce it? 

In SA's Facebook Live he talks about hoping the show could live on beyond him, but he spoke with Beth and Greg and Mark on Friday and he said they had decided to end after a 10-episode run next season. So I'm not sure if they knew that was the plan for a while and just told Amell last week, or if they've been debating back and forth about what to do and just finalized their decision.

3 minutes ago, Trisha said:

In SA's Facebook Live he talks about hoping the show could live on beyond him, but he spoke with Beth and Greg and Mark on Friday and he said they had decided to end after a 10-episode run next season. So I'm not sure if they knew that was the plan for a while and just told Amell last week, or if they've been debating back and forth about what to do and just finalized their decision.

A shortened season ending with Oliver (hopefully still as Arrow) is the best decision IMO. I'm glad they weren't dumb about this one thing. 

• Love 11

I wonder if they would consider moving some Arrow Characters to other shows? Since its rumored Carlos and Danielle may be leaving The Flash, maybe transport Dig or Felicity over to The Flash? That is depending on Events of COIE. If Oliver Dies, Felicity could move over to CC with Baby Mia in tow to escape the Place where the love of her life gave his life(this is on my spec that COIE ends with Arrow AND in Star City also being Arrows final episode) Or have Dig move over 

(edited)

OK, so here's my thinking. Keep in mind I'm generally an optimistic person and I could 100% be wrong.

SA tells Berlanti he's done at the end of S7. WB/Berlanti negotiate for more time and SA agrees to a 10 episode limited contract. 

MG/Berlanti/Beth go into S7 knowing SA wants out so everything from this years crossover to S7 Flash Forwards is designed to write Oliver out next year. However, the plan was to keep Arrow going with Emiko as NuGA or switching to 2040 TA or maybe making Diggle GA. 

Nothing sparks so they decide to call it quits with SA's contract which means 10 episodes in S8.

This leads me to believe that the original plan, kill Oliver in COIE gets scrapped. Instead, they will write towards an Arrow series finale and use COIE to undo all the shit they did.

Obviously I could be 100% wrong and I was wrong when I kept saying they wouldn't kill Oliver in COIE and try and continue without SA.

But this is my story and I'm sticking to it. I just hope Berlanti doesn't talk to Plec. If he does all bets are off.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Useful 3
  • Love 14
5 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

OK, so here's my thinking. Keep in mind I'm generally an optimistic person and I could 100% be wrong.

SA tells Berlanti he's done at the end of S7. WB/Berlanti negotiate for more time and SA agrees to a 10 episode limited contract. 

MG/Berlanti/Beth go into S7 knowing SA wants out so everything from this years crossover to S7 Flash Forwards is designed to write Oliver out next year. However, the plan was to keep Arrow going with Emiko as NuGA or switching to 2040 TA or maybe making Diggle GA. 

Nothing sparks so they decide to call it quits with SA's contract which means 10 episodes in S8.

This leads me to believe that the original plan, kill Oliver in COIE gets scrapped. Instead, they will write towards an Arrow series finale and use COIE to undo all the shit they did.

Obviously I could be 100% wrong and I was wrong when I kept saying they wouldn't kill Oliver in COIE and try and continue without SA.

But this is my story and I'm sticking to it. I just hope Berlanti doesn't talk to Plec. If he does all bets are off.

I'm good with this. I just want Oliver, Felicity, Mia, and William to be happy and have reat things instead of the shit future we've been watching. They deserve to be rewarded for all that they went through.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I just hope Berlanti doesn't talk to Plec. If he does all bets are off.

Dear god in heaven please no. Nothing more to add other than I will suffer through any NTA scene as long as Plec gets nowhere near this show. 

1 minute ago, SleepDeprived said:

I'm good with this. I just want Oliver, Felicity, Mia, and William to be happy and have reat things instead of the shit future we've been watching. They deserve to be rewarded for all that they went through.

Please, I'm begging. Will literally beg for anything nicer than the absolute garbage fire of a future we've been shown. I want Oliver to know his daughter. Pls. Pls pls. 

• Love 7

All I'm seeing is everyone begging for a happy ending for Oliver. They would be so dumb to not give him that, after everything. I really hope they fix that future. Even if he ends up faking his death and we get a whole Batman TDKR thing. I don't care! I just want him, Felicity and their two kids to be together. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, MissL said:

Dear god in heaven please no. Nothing more to add other than I will suffer through any NTA scene as long as Plec gets nowhere near this show. 

They're apparently friends m, so someone needs to gag her 😁

2 minutes ago, SleepDeprived said:

I don't expect a super happy ending, this is Arrow after all. However, I think they could reverse several things. Oliver lives, William, Mia are raised together, a quick Flash Forward showing that SC is in relatively good shape, no worse than now. In the future OTA watches/supports their kids as they take over as nuTA. 

And hell if the show doesn't do it, there's plenty of fanfic writers out there that will make it happen.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

All I'm seeing is everyone begging for a happy ending for Oliver. They would be so dumb to not give him that, after everything. I really hope they fix that future. Even if he ends up faking his death and we get a whole Batman TDKR thing. I don't care! I just want him, Felicity and their two kids to be together. 

When Sara stops by for the BoP episode I need her to be like, "Guys, the future is a real shitshow. Here's where it goes wrong." 

AND BOOM. THEY FIX IT. 

• Love 17
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Since this is the end...please get rid of the flashforwards and just focus on the presence. 

I'll second that.  Though if the idea is to undo the awful future, I can imagine them doubling down on a TERRIBLE future, worse than what we have, so they can really fix it all.  

Though what they could do is end the Flash Forwards this year with all the bombs going off and who survives left in the air and then later Nora, Barry's future child can say, sorry, everyone is dead and then Oliver would not go gently into that good night, rather he would fight to rewrite the future.  

This is one good reason to hope the crossover comes at the normal time.  Arrow is likely to remain grounded in it's writing, but when it's part of the crossover, rules get a lot more flexible.  

Edited by BkWurm1

It does feel like it's fitting for the show to borrow the ending of the Dark Knight Trilogy since they borrowed so much to start Arrow.  Maybe even require some other sacrifice, like that arm he lost in the LoT episode.  That would help explain why he really is ready to retire this time.   

• Love 2

Watching that vid of Stephen made me sad. It'll make me sad to see the show go. I hope they end the show on a hopeful note.

I know in the comic crisis

Spoiler

you have people fighting for the world(s) in past, present and future, and there is also interaction between characters from past, present and future. So I wonder if they would use the opportunity to have the characters in the present find out about the bleak future (maybe even have Oliver and Felicity meet Mia?)

so that if the future changes you can have that happy moment where the characters realize things will be ok. Of course, It's not necessary that they know, it can still be impactful since the audience would know it changed and what was prevented

• Love 2

I'm sad because Arrow is my first fandom, and I've been invested for 7 years. However, I think 8 seasons, and being able to wrap it up is great. If they did a Dark Knight ending with Olicity & their kids  taking off to Europe to live their lives I'd be ecstatic. I'd really love for the crossover to be done earlier in the season, so we can have a few episodes to wrap up our show. I will miss this forum though, this place is one of my fave parts of Arrow fandom.

• Love 17