Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

I also hate this new wardrobe, but it was SA's idea. He did say he called up Beth and said Oliver should dress more like he's going to brunch at the Queen mansion. Maybe wardrobe is trolling him, because turtlenecks are not a good look for him.

• Love 1

I appreciate that SA wanted Oliver's wardrobe to reflect his current circumstances but It seems like wardrobe has no cluewhat to do with him.

BTW, is anyone earning money in that household? Oliver's lost his job as mayor and it seems that Felicity's start-up ended when he went to jail.  How are they paying rent and buying clothes, much less for William's boarding school?

7 hours ago, way2interested said:

She's able to recognize Oliver's DNA sequence by herself, so I was just thinking she could recognize the connection or a relation, which, now thinking about it, I wonder if she does anyway and figures out later during the episode that they are related.

Ah you're thinking magical comic book world. In real life, it's so complex that just looking at someone's DNA you wouldn't be able to say who it is unless there was something very hinky with it.

9 hours ago, way2interested said:

I get the annoyance at the plot definitely, my thing is that it would make a pretty miserable show then if seeing a snippet of one scene throws away an entire episode as """"Dinah heavy"""" XD. This is just mostly coming out of the fact that I'm actually really interested in the Emiko plot that looks like it will actually be the majority of the episode that the one Dinah scene  in the promo kicks off anyway. 

I probably shouldn't toss my two cents in about it since it doesn't make any difference to me if I think it's going to have too much Dinah, I'm a complete-ist.  I'm watching everything no matter how annoying.  But I would hate to discourage others from watching by piling on the Dinah heavy worry.  

6 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

But for real, I am really interested in how the upcoming Crisis will impact the future we have been seeing. Maybe the Crisis will lead to this depressing future, or this whole future will be retconned out of existence, as we will cut to a new future where the Queens (Oliver, Felicity, William, and Maya) are all in the future on a cute family trip or something? Again, a girl can dream.

More likely he'll be offered a dream world (but this time it's not a dream fantasy but a peek of what would really be) and he'll have to reject it for reasons, or at least we will think he'll have to.  (I remain just a bit more optimistic than pessimistic but I do think they will torture us in the middle)

I can see why they want to do Infinite Earths right now. They have at least two, probably three active Earths in this franchise (presumably Black Lightning is on another Earth), enough characters and types of characters, as well as elements (time travel, meta humans, magic, space, etc.) to make any effects meaningful, and I can see them being interested in doing something new with the franchise, eight years and several spin offs in. A big part of the original comic book story was to streamline the whole DC multiverse to make things less complicated, and change up the status quo, after all. I can see them being interested in getting Supergirl, and maybe even BL, into the main Earth with everyone else, or making some major changes to the franchise. After so many years, they are finally at the point where they could do this and have it really be effective, while also making things a bit less complicated for any new people, if they want to freshen things up. Granted, I dont know if they will go as hard as the comic story (the comic was a freaking bloodbath), and I dont know if it would last, as the multiverse has long since returned to comics, but its going to be a VERY long year of speculation.

If they add BL to E1 I don't still don't think they will be in the crossover, or at least not actively, maybe a cameo with possibilities in the future, it just feels too late to introduce them first and have them play any big parts.  

It can't be too major an immediate impact since whatever happens in the crossover has to be wrapped up before the next 13 episodes play out. 

4 hours ago, JJ928 said:

I also hate this new wardrobe, but it was SA's idea. He did say he called up Beth and said Oliver should dress more like he's going to brunch at the Queen mansion. Maybe wardrobe is trolling him, because turtlenecks are not a good look for him.

I could live with the wardrobe if only he'd fix his freaking hair.  Sadly I think SA LIKES his hair like this.  It's his summer style of choice.  I thought that was just because, well, summer is hot, but now...I don't know what he sees in the mirror but yikes, it just ages him so much.  

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, bijoux said:

CH and JH actually do look older in this photo. Why doesn't that come across in the episodes? It's weird.

In the episodes, it looks to me like JH dyed part of her hair grey and CH looks like he's wearing old man makeup. It doesn't look realistic. Probs cuz they're not old, heh.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, bijoux said:

CH and JH actually do look older in this photo. Why doesn't that come across in the episodes? It's weird.

I might be wrong, but I remember during at least one flashforward scene it looked like it was shot in a softer focus, which blurs a lot of sharp edges/lines.

5 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Oh please, the Monitor would've laughed him to another plane of existence out of the multiverse entirely for even thinking NTA's lives are equal to Barry and Kara. 

(It was sarcasm .)

Exactly my point. 

I just think the the whole thing with Oliver is ridiculous. He will always sacrifice himself before anyone else. It’s his first thought every time. It’s what makes him a real hero because he doesn’t see himself as one. This saying “I’m a hero” by GG and MB all the time makes them not be one in my book. 

Edited by BunsenBurner
I had more to say.
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Trisha said:

I might be wrong, but I remember during at least one flashforward scene it looked like it was shot in a softer focus, which blurs a lot of sharp edges/lines.

Which kind of defeats the purpose of aging them up in the first place.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, BunsenBurner said:

I just think the the whole thing with Oliver is ridiculous. He will always sacrifice himself before anyone else. It’s his first thought every time. It’s what makes him a real hero because he doesn’t see himself as one. This saying “I’m a hero” by the GG and MB all the time makes them not be one in my book. 

1,000,000 x yes.   Add to that Barry and Iris and the rest of Team Flash thinking that they are the gold standard for relationships.

As far as I"m concerned, I'd willingly sacrifice Barry and Kara to keep Oliver and Felicity, and Diggle when he is back to his old self..

• Love 20
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

1,000,000 x yes.   Add to that Barry and Iris and the rest of Team Flash thinking that they are the gold standard for relationships.

As far as I"m concerned, I'd willingly sacrifice Barry and Kara to keep Oliver and Felicity, and Diggle when he is back to his old self..

I agree. I don’t have to be told that O&F love each other because we see it every time they are together with their touches and their expressions on their faces. They show and don’t just tell. But, when they tell and show at the same time I have to be ready with a bucket of water because my TV tries to catch fire every time.  

Team Flash will never be the gold standard because OTAs chemistry was through the roof and established before Team Flash, in the Arrowverse, came into existence. 

• Love 18
33 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Do we know what episode Maya is in next?

I don't think for sure (except for at least 713 or maybe 714 it seems if they are filming the FF for 2 episodes together again), but tbh I just assumed all next gen FF characters would remain recurring for all episodes post-introduction like William and Zoe, but idk. I guess we'll see in 710, assuming there are FF in that one since it will focus on Rene a bit more than usual.

I’m happy JJ is gonna be in the FF! Also pleased they got the same actor, too. I liked him. 

I wonder if one of these episodes is gonna be majority FF at some point, kind of like they used to have once a season with the flashbacks? 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Angel12d said:

I’m happy JJ is gonna be in the FF! Also pleased they got the same actor, too. I liked him. 

I wonder if one of these episodes is gonna be majority FF at some point, kind of like they used to have once a season with the flashbacks? 

I was thinking this was a possibility, maybe after the reveal of what really happened with Oliver and Felicity? At least I hope so, because the FF cast right now is not really doing anything for me. And with Tuna in the mix, ugh. 

21 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I was thinking this was a possibility, maybe after the reveal of what really happened with Oliver and Felicity? At least I hope so, because the FF cast right now is not really doing anything for me. And with Tuna in the mix, ugh. 

The FF lost me when they said Felicity died tbh and now I’m just annoyed at them, both for super slow info dumps we get and because Dinah’s all over them. Logically I know why she’s there but I also think the whole thing would’ve been better if she wasn’t. 

Also they’re writing it in a way where nothing is what it seems and I guarantee there’s gonna be tons of plot holes by the end of the season as a result. Keeping up the mystery is problematic. 

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

The FF lost me when they said Felicity died tbh and now I’m just annoyed at them, both for super slow info dumps we get and because Dinah’s all over them. Logically I know why she’s there but I also think the whole thing would’ve been better if she wasn’t. 

Also they’re writing it in a way where nothing is what it seems and I guarantee there’s gonna be tons of plot holes by the end of the season as a result. Keeping up the mystery is problematic. 

Not to mention anything they're going to want to hint at/keep secret or change with Crisis. However much or little that might be. 

• Love 1
On 12/14/2018 at 8:05 PM, way2interested said:

She seems to be there at least for the Friday shoot since CH seems to be filming today too

DuZyJLqXcAA5w6V.jpg:large

Also, looks like JJ is coming in 713/714

Dua0uhuVsAA1RE0.jpg:large

I'm dreaming of Maya being Future GA, JJ Future Spartan, William as Future Overwatch could they put Maya with JJ Romantically? 

Edited by jay741982
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, jay741982 said:

I'm dreaming of Maya being Future GA, JJ Future Spartan, William as Future Overwatch could they put Maya with JJ Romantically? 

Ngl, I've been wondering if that's one of the reasons they introduced Emiko as a New Green Arrow, so they can have a believable costume for Next Gen Team Arrow to find for Maya to have in the obligatory final dramatic costume battle assuming JJ has either the Spartan outfit or an Argus tactical outfit.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, way2interested said:

That's true, I just wondered when they met enough to go out together, if not prepping/rehearsing/already filmed together

She could be appearing in the FFs, but looking through Sea's Instagram, that pic seems to be from a place where she's staying. Maybe the show is putting them all up in the same building?

40 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I do think we’re going to see Emiko in the FFs before we see Oliver or Felicity. We’ll probably see everyone in the FF before Oliver or Felicity. 

It's annoying but it shows they do know who is valuable even if it seems like they don't at times. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

It's annoying but it shows they do know who is valuable even if it seems like they don't at times. 

If the FF were written specifically to give SA and EBR more time off (or at least is one of the top 3 reasons), they are in a really tough position.

• Love 1

The problem for me is that filling up the flash forwards with characters that are new, that I don’t really care for (looking at you Dinah) or that I’m not particularly invested in makes them feel like a chore get through, especially as they’re painting such a bleak future and they’re revealing information so slowly.  

I hope they haven’t planned to do a full flash forward episode like they used to do with the flashbacks. 

Edited by kes0704
  • Love 7

Whatever the reason BTS I wouldn't be surprised if we won't be seeing Oliver in the FFs before next year's Crisis and maybe even "hints" that it could be a merged future. Hey maybe the "evil" Felicity in the FFs was a merged E1&2 or something. That is if they are serious that there will be big repercussions in deaths and or merging which feels pointless to speculate on right now.  

10 minutes ago, way2interested said:

If the FF were written specifically to give SA and EBR more time off (or at least is one of the top 3 reasons), they are in a really tough position.

I've thought about this and sometimes I wonder how much actors wanting days off affects screen time and what we see (aka why I must endure Dinah).

I watched a Chinese series with the female EP as lead. Yay I thought since she's in charge she will be front and centre. Omg I sat through eps and eps of these newbies who could not act. Turns out she wanted time off and to promote the newbies so they could lead in her next series. She didn't want to film in the Chinese desert no more. 

6 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I've thought about this and sometimes I wonder how much actors wanting days off affects screen time and what we see (aka why I must endure Dinah).

It's that and CW wanting Arrow to have a female action character like the other DC shows. And then somewhere just possibly an honest difference of opinion where they like the character/actor and just want to use her.