Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

I didn't think about the police reference. Hopefully this is the episode Oliver leaves the SCPD. Or I wonder if it refers to Oliver training Emiko.

I just realized that this is the first mid season hiatus that I have no clue, no theory about where they are going with the show. The show and lack of spoilers...they really haven't given us much.

• Love 1

Yeah, it's probably a reference to the David Ayer film (and maybe a double meaning). I wonder is this still the hiatus episode? Something's gotta come to a head in this one, I guess.

14 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Good to see Star City police dept is still corrupt (or still has corrupt cops) 😁

Trying to repair the SCPD's reputation like the mayor and Dinah want seems like it's working fabulously! 

Hamish Allan-Headley ‘Srgt. Fred Bingsley’ Arrow
Posted on Jan. 9, 2019, by Hamish Allan-Headley

Hamish Allan-Headley: "Becoming part of the SCPD is a great responsibility. The city will be watching you, holding you to the highest possible standard. Now that you're working with us, you should know how we do things here. We have rules, protocol. Abiding by them is critical. Use of excessive force will not be tolerated. Your objective is to defuse the situation, not escalate it. Firearms should only be used as a last resort. Do not discharge your firearm unless you're being fired upon or your life is in danger. All evidence against the suspect must be obtained within the parameters of the law. Evidence that is not obtained in this manner will be deemed inadmissible. In tactical situations, avoid suspect-based decisions. This leads to chaos and confusion. And above all, follow the orders of the commanding officer on the site. Wearing the uniform of an SCPD officer is a great honor. It isn't just a uniform. It's a symbol. Of law. Of justice. Of transparency. You're now all part of that."

11 minutes ago, tv echo said:

"Wearing the uniform of an SCPD officer is a great honor. It isn't just a uniform. It's a symbol. Of law. Of justice. Of transparency. You're now all part of that."

Please please please let this not be directed at Oliver, or that "Training Day" refers to him becoming an official part of the SCPD. I already hate that the Green Arrow is freelancing for them, but this would be a step too far.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Also, Kat says 713 is her big episode, 714 is Titled Brothers and Sisters and we're not supposed to believe Maya is Olicity's kid (especially when the show loves parallels and applying the title across the board?) 🤔

I must've missed this previously. Do you recall the source?

18 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I must've missed this previously. Do you recall the source?

it was on twitter people said that Kat did a podcast and she said that 713 was "the big episode" I would assume that means a big episode for her and/or the flash forwards.

Edited by Morrigan2575
22 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

it was on twitter people said that Kat did a podcast and she said that 713 was "the big episode" I would assume that means a big episode for her and/or the flash forwards.

I'm actually beginning to think When Roy and Blackstar interact for the first time is when we get the big reveal. Roy: What the..? Maya is that you? Blackstar/Maya: uhhh... Dad? Or Uncle Roy? 

• Love 2

I wonder if people presumed 713 is the big FF episode because of the cast who filmed for several days. And they were posting a lot about i. In reality they could have filmed 2 episodes. Because the cast posted a pic from set on the 17th when episode 14 started to shoot. 

The director of episode 14 said Dec. 14 was the last day of prep for his episode. So they most likely started filming ep. 14 on Monday the 17th.

And then Colton posted this on Dec. 17th also

Also it was right before the christmas hiatus. So it was easier for the actor to film last days of episode 13 and the first day or 2 of episode 14. 
Edited by Velocity23
15 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

I'm actually beginning to think When Roy and Blackstar interact for the first time is when we get the big reveal. Roy: What the..? Maya is that you? Blackstar/Maya: uhhh... Dad? Or Uncle Roy? 

If Maya/Black star was supposed to be a Theroy baby, why cast a blonde? Both Roy and Thea are Brunette. Kat was already a red-head for Shadow Hunters they could have still hired her and told her to go Brunette. Sorry, I think there are too many checks (circumstantial) on the Olicity kid and only really one against IMO

I wonder if people presumed 713 is the big FF episode because of the cast who filmed for several days. And they were posting a lot about i. In reality they could have filmed 2 episodes. 

That's possible, people were speculating the 713 was a mostly Flash Forward episode. People could just be reading into it.

Edited by Morrigan2575
2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

If Maya/Black star was supposed to be a Theroy baby, why cast a blonde? Both Roy and Thea are Brunette. Kat was already a red-head for Shadow Hunters they could have still hired her and told her to Brunette.

Also how did Roys daughter end up in Star City.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

If Maya/Black star was supposed to be a Theroy baby, why cast a blonde? Both Roy and Thea are Brunette. Kat was already a red-head for Shadow Hunters they could have still hired her and told her to Brunette.

That's possible, people were speculating the 713 was a mostly Flash Forward episode. People could just be reading into it.

Hey I agree on Maya more than likely not being Theroy Baby and more likely Olicity Baby. I just wonder if MAYBE they did something silly like Maya raised by Thea and Roy instead of Olicity. KAs a natural blonde from what I heard so I definitely see her being told to go back to her natural hair color as a sign she's playing Oliver/Felicity Baby

6 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Also how did Roys daughter end up in Star City.

Apparently growing up in Star City while dad is chilling on Lian Yu after Theroy left town to travel the globe with Nyssa. 

And, yeah I know the obvious answer, we have no idea what transpired between 2018 and 2040 but, TV generally sticks to simple answers. 

Of course I'm prepared to be wrong but, I think the sign are more in favor of an Olicity kid than a Theroy one.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Apparently growing up in Star City while dad is chilling on Lian Yu after Theroy left town to travel the globe with Nyssa. 

And, yeah I no the obvious we have no idea what transpire

Also it seems the FF actors at least filmed first day of 14 also. 

KM's comments about Maya's age and working with CH come from her "I Could Never Be" podcast interview (video posted in the Spoilers and Social Media threads). I don't recall hearing her saying any episode number, so I had assumed she was referring to 714 based on timing. But it's possible that 713 and 714 were shot on overlapping dates. Based on other spoilers, it does seem like 713 is a big flashforward episode.

I had estimated that 713's shooting schedule was December 5-14, 2018, and that 714's shooting schedule was December 17-21, 2018, and January 8-9, 2019.

ETA: Remember, Felicity is not a natural blonde.

Edited by tv echo
37 minutes ago, tv echo said:

KM's comments about Maya's age and working with CH come from her "I Could Never Be" podcast interview (video posted in the Spoilers and Social Media threads). I don't recall hearing her saying any episode number, so I had assumed she was referring to 714 based on timing. But it's possible that 713 and 714 were shot on overlapping dates. Based on other spoilers, it does seem like 713 is a big flashforward episode.

I had estimated that 713's shooting schedule was December 5-14, 2018, and that 714's shooting schedule was December 17-21, 2018, and January 8-9, 2019.

Exactly but Oliver is and hell Maya could've decided to dye her hair like her mother does 

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Genetically, that doesn't mean anything. Blonde hair is generally thought to be the combination of two recessive genes. So two people with dominant genes for brown hair and recessive alleles for blond hair, could have a blond child if they both pass on those recessive alleles. (Conversely, two blonds can't have a brunette child, because neither would have a dominant gene for brown hair.) So Maya being a blonde doesn't preclude either Oliver and Felicity or Thea and Roy from being her parents.

Aesthetically speaking, it would be surprising for the show to cast blond KM to play the child of brunette Thea and Roy. But who knows, maybe we'll find out she dyes her hair like Aunt Felicity. (FWIW, I'm gonna continue to believe Maya is Olicity's daughter until the show tells me definitively that she's not.)

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, tv echo said:

But we dont know Felicitys actual hair color. It could be a dark blonde. I wouldnt count on the goth look being part of her actual hair color. And we also have Moira and Donna both being shown as blondes.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

But we dont know Felicitys actual hair color. It could be a dark blonde. I wouldnt count on the goth look being part of her actual hair color. And we also have Moira and Donna both being shown as blondes.

I think the goth black is supposed to be her natural hair color because Earth X Felicity's hair seemed to be that color or very close and she almost certainly wasn't dying it. I don't think it was meant it to be natural in The Secret Origin of Felicity Smoak but now I think it is. 

Yeah, I figure Felicity was a blonde as a child and it darkened as she got older, then she had her goth phase and then when she decided to ditch it, she went back to something more natural looking for her even if she wasn't a full on blonde anymore.  

1 minute ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

I think the goth black is supposed to be her natural hair color because Earth X Felicity's hair seemed to be that color or very close and she almost certainly wasn't dying it. I don't think it was meant it to be natural in The Secret Origin of Felicity Smoak but now I think it is. 

On Earth X wasn't her hair a mousy brown though?

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Genetically, that doesn't mean anything. Blonde hair is generally thought to be the combination of two recessive genes. So two people with dominant genes for brown hair and recessive alleles for blond hair, could have a blond child if they both pass on those recessive alleles. (Conversely, two blonds can't have a brunette child, because neither would have a dominant gene for brown hair.) So Maya being a blonde doesn't preclude either Oliver and Felicity or Thea and Roy from being her parents

That's true in Real Life, not in TV. TV/movies they match actors not possible genetics. 

So yes, IMO if they were casting a possible Theory kid they'd look for a brunette or ask the actor to go brown.

I also don't think they'd make this big of a secret of a Theroy kid, keeping her a mystery.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

Felicity didn't say that she wasn't a natural blonde, she  said that she dyes her hair. It could be that like EBR, she was blonde as a child and went darker as she grew older.

2 hours ago, Trisha said:

Please please please let this not be directed at Oliver, or that "Training Day" refers to him becoming an official part of the SCPD. I already hate that the Green Arrow is freelancing for them, but this would be a step too far.

Like The Rookie? That would be a new low even for this show.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Like The Rookie? That would be a new low even for this show.

Do not underestimate how low the Arrowverse can go (Michael Emerson and his son plot). They don't even fact check half the time (refer to Cisco comment to Felicity in crossover).

They might think it's cute to have Dinah show Oliver the ropes.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Do not underestimate how low the Arrowverse can go (Michael Emerson and his son plot). They don't even fact check half the time (refer to Cisco comment to Felicity in crossover).

They might think it's cute to have Dinah show Oliver the ropes.

Dont think it has anything to do with Dinah.

I'm entirely confused and burned out on whoever she may or may not be from anyone's potential daughter or niece, including gigantic but unlikely swerves in pairings or just some random new character. I thought it was most likely she was an Olicity daughter, now I'm much less so but more convinced that Theroy I guess. Mostly I just want to get the reveal over so we can get on with some actual answers from the FFs. 

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

Mostly I just want to get the reveal over so we can get on with some actual answers from the FFs. 

At least it's only 4-5 episodes then!

Ha, some FF episodes, a potentially buzzworthy reveal, and her show coming back the very next week after that, KM is going to have a really nice February.

One of the biggest reasons I think Maya is the Olicity tot is that’s the fastest way to get the audience to root for a new character, especially if they’re thinking of handing the reins over sometime in the future. To be honest, not a lot of people are gonna care that much unless she’s Olicity’s daughter. She can’t be Theroy’s or Laurel’s or a rando. That’s the simplest explanation, IMO. Of course, I could be wrong but it would mean Arrow chose to be stupid again. 

• Love 8

I don't know anything about that site, but I haven't seen any other site report that. Every other site has indicated that Arrow will be airing at 8 until the end of March, and then after a two-week break, it returns on April 15th at 9.

Edited by KenyaJ
3 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

I don't know anything about that site, but I haven't seen any other site report that. Every other site has indicated that Arrow will be airing at 8 until April 1, and then after a two-week break, it returns on April 15th at 9.

They're a legit site but more geared towards comics then tv. I'm hoping whoever wrote up the piece just got their wires crossed.

The fact all the tv sites say it comes back from a two week break on April 15 and newsarama refers to the April 15 episode as the mid-season premiere which isn't true regardless since Shattered Lives/My Name is Emiko Queen (which according to comcicbook.com it's gone back to) is the mid-season premiere even if the take another break makes me lean towards newsarama being wrong

I completely understand changing it back since it's a better and probably more accurate title but I don't understand why they didn't do it immediately after Unmasked aired or at least at some point before releasing two promos and the promo pictures. The Robert's daughter reveal occurred in Unmasked so the title wasn't really that spoilery anymore and changing the title a week and a half before airing seems weird and potentially confusing.

• Love 1

Whether Maya is an Olicity tot or not I just want to know why the fucking mystery? Why have no one recognise her? There is absolutely no reason for it. Therefore the storyline should it turn out she's their kid is all ready bloody stupid and illogical and will likely continue to be more so once we get to them trying to explain how nobody knows who the hell Maya is and why Maya won't own up to being Felicitys daughter. 

Edited by Mary0360
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Angel12d said:

Why doesn't Beth just choose non spoilery episode titles? Seriously, constantly blacking out almost every episode title is so damn annoying. 

It's kind of fun thwarting her and figuring it out anyway .

• Love 2