Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

It'll be interesting to see what excuse they give in 710 for Will's absence. I'm guessing that he'll love boarding school so much that he wanted to go back for a second semester. 

Obviously, Will can't show up in the present now because we have to keep speculating about why and how Oliver and Felicity "abandoned" him. But I wish the writers had given more thought to the fact that if you premise 7A on the idea that Oliver and Felicity are both fighting like hell to reunite their family, the audience is going to feel unsatisfied with Oliver being out of prison but the Queen family not actually being reunited. I mean, I'm thrilled that Oliver and Felicity are together again, but the fact that William isn't with them makes Oliver's sacrifice feel even more pointless than it did already.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

I'm guessing that he'll love boarding school so much that he wanted to go back for a second semester. 

Yep, this is what I think too. Or he'll be there, but we just don't know it because we're getting pretty much nothing about the season. (Seriously, can't we get at least one interview from Beth? Please?) 

Maybe now they'll start slowly revealing that no, Oliver and Felicity didn't "abandon" William in 2018/2019 like it seemed they may have wanted us to think when they first said that in the FFs, just like they'll slowly reveal that Felicity isn't evil/dead? 

Because they do still need to explain William and Zoe's friendship, and no, I won't buy that they got to know each other while hiding out at the end of S6 and that was it. 

The Queen family moments and the Felicity/William scenes were the only good thing about S6 so it blows my mind that they’ve completely removed them in S7. These writers... 🙄

It makes no sense that William wouldn’t come home once Oliver was released from prison but they need to make it seem like Olicity abandoned him in the future. So once again everything is written for plot and not even a good one. Sigh. 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 12

Tbh I'm kinda glad William is away longer because I want olicity on their own for a while.I liked the queen family stuff more than I expected but sometimes in season 6 I definitely wished for more olicity solo scenes.But it pretty weird that Oliver wouldn't bring him home after not seeing his kid for so long.

I'm really hating this Oliver works for the SCPD storyline.Not only is it more Dinah and the unbelievably boring Oliver Dinah dynamic but it's just lame imo.Takes all the fun out of the vigilante aspect.It's exactly the kind of thing I was worried about when Oliver revealed he's GA.Sure it didn't always make sense that people were blind about that but I liked the secrecy aspect.

• Love 3

I want William to come home because I love his interactions with Oliver and Felicity but I can almost see William finishing the school year simply because his life/school has already been uprooted three times since Oliver entered his life and he's probably pretty angry at both of them. Felicity, for sending him away and Oliver, for never mentioning that "I'll always come back" included a "unless I decide revealing my identity and going to prison for an indeterminate amount of time is somehow an excellent plan for protecting you and Felicity" caveat.

• Love 1

Tbh I can just picture them mentioning William came back during the holiday break like they mentioned back in 708 and then just say he went back to finish the school year and then the abandoning thing is just revealed to be something else. I do hope he come backs at some point like if not 710 then at least 712.

• Love 2

Is Diaz in ARGUS? Really? I mean, I know that because Arrow wants us to think Diaz is this super great Big Bad that they could put him on Lian Yu on another Earth and he'd still manage to escape and return to Star City to terrorize Oliver and Felicity when they need him to, but come on, really? 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Don't jinx it!

Between actually continuing to be interested in the episode and being hyper-concerned about Dinah of all people in an episode previously titled "My Name is Emiko Queen," I'm choosing the former every time :P. 

Oh wow, Rene and Curtis meet Emiko? I am so excited...to check my phone on my Instagram feed during their scenes. The last way to get me pumped about a new character is to associate them with the vortex of annoyance and boredom that is the Newbies. 

• Love 12

Alternative sources for 710 promo pics (for me, the TVLine site loads faster than the GATV site, and the SpoilerTV site allows you to see thumbnail images of all of the pics at the same time)...
https://tvline.com/gallery/arrow-season-7-photos/
https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/12/arrow-episode-710-shattered-lives-promo.html

FYI, man with Lyla is Deputy Director Bell (played by David Stuart):
arrow-season-7-photos-7-1.jpg?w=700

Also, man with New Green Arrow/Emiko is some guy named Marco (played by Alex Parra):
arrow-season-7-photos-16-1.jpg?w=700 

Edited by tv echo

We know that Oliver made a deal with that guy in Elseworlds right?  Why couldn’t part of the deal be that everything goes back to OTA and William and Oliver is no longer outed. The future would no longer be what we’ve been shown and the past (right now) would revert back to normal OTA and no NTA. 

Or

We could just be seeing a ‘what would have happened’ because Oliver was an  idiot by outing himself  and this mess of a season is showing the stupidity of everything like too many sidekicks and not allowing OTA think for themselves.  It would be a lesson to be learned and they, OTA, have to come together and realize they are better together and not apart and all will be right in the Arrow World again.

hahaha nope not going to happen  

36 minutes ago, BunsenBurner said:

We know that Oliver made a deal with that guy in Elseworlds right?  Why couldn’t part of the deal be that everything goes back to OTA and William and Oliver is no longer outed. The future would no longer be what we’ve been shown and the past (right now) would revert back to normal OTA and no NTA. 

Because you have 3 main actors who have carried the filming burden for 7 years and no longer want to spend 15 hours days filming?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Because you have 3 main actors who have carried the filming burden for 7 years and no longer want to spend 15 hours days filming?

I agree that SA probably has too much on his plate but not EBR or DR. 

And as @PrimalSlayer says, “This show has too many characters.” It’s getting ridiculous the characters they are throwing at us. It feels like a ‘let’s try everyone plus a few more and see if they stick’ kind of a situation. It’s not working IMO and they instead kill off the decent characters or get rid of them.

Unfortunately this show, the writers, is becoming a bore fest with all the added characters because they can’t seem to focus on generating something that makes sense from one show to the next. The smaller cast had better story lines. 

Edited by BunsenBurner
  • Love 6

Man, I wish this show would kill off a few characters or at least downgrade them to guest stars. There really are too many and we definitely don’t need them in every episode.

The problem is, like @Morrigan2575 said, the main 3 just don’t want to film as much anymore. At least that’s the impression I’m getting. And that’s why we have the FF. It’s also why we’re getting more Dinah and Rene (I can’t even say NTA because Curtis barely has anything this season). The only trouble is they're the actual WORST so fans are constantly annoyed and asking for OTA, myself included! It’s a messed up cycle tbh. 😔

3 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

This to me shows an industry problem.  Fifteen hours on set is a very long time and yeah, one would get burnt out on that understandably after a few years (if not before).  But the solution to bring in more actors and cuts the length or number of stories for the main characters seems counterproductive since the object of any show is to keep making that show.  But "that" show stops existing once the focus gets diluted so badly.  We've had too many bodies on the team since season four for sure and I'd say season three was where the focus first started getting fuzzy.  And it's just no surprise that everyone keeps coming back to season two as the best since that was when there was the most focus on the OTA actually working together consistently. 

I so wish that instead of watering down the story by adding actors who are not added because the story demands it, let what the story needs dictate casting and at some point force the industry to change to more long term sustainable hours.  How is it that every other industry has a 40 work week?  But labor laws don't apply to film and tv?  

I know.  Nothing is going to change but unless they do, the same problems will exist not just on Arrow but on most shows that follow the same formula of having a main or even 2 or 3 main leads.  It's just not a sustainable schedule. 

• Love 10

I do think they want to give the main actors some more free time but arrow has always had a problem with being overcrowded.It's been going on since basically season 3.They always feel like need to have a big team and to have every single team member around for every mission.They never figured out how to balance it and just got worse especially since season 5.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, way2interested said:

You can see the first page through the cover, right above Arrow is "Brothers & Sisters." You can also see the cast list.

Well, you can see it. :D

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, way2interested said:

You can see the first page through the cover, right above Arrow is "Brothers & Sisters." You can also see the cast list.

I could make out Audrey and Amy but that was it.

ETA: just noticed Kelly Hu which is China White...yep can see all 3 will continue to look for title or go cross-eyed.

Couldn't get the title from the picture. I think it's hysterical that we've become forensic analysts to figure out titles.

Also, Kat says 713 is her big episode, 714 is Titled Brothers and Sisters and we're not supposed to believe Maya is Olicity's kid (especially when the show loves parallels and applying the title across the board?) 🤔

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Well, you can see it. :D

30 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I think it's hysterical that we've become forensic analysts to figure out titles.

Lol ready to blow your minds again????

Lyla--AMA

China White--KH

Cupid--AG

Joe Wilson--Liam Hall

Emiko--SS

Adult William--BL

Adult Zoe--Andrea Sixtos

I really should go into the detective field.

ETA- I'll do characters names too for more clarity

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Hmm, no KM? Interesting

The bottom of the script is cut off, AS's name isn't even in the pic, but you can see "Adult Zoe" (on top of another name I can't make out yet) in the curve of the page near the bottom of the pic, so her name (and other guest stars) could probably be under.

Edited by way2interested

The bottom of the script is cut off, AS's name isn't even in the pic, but you can see "Adult Zoe" (on top of another name I can't make out yet) in the curve of the page near the bottom of the pic, so her name (and other guest stars) could probably be under.

Yeah I had just edited my post to say that.

I don't know any of the adults actor names other than KM I have to Google them.

Yeah, I definitely think that's what they did, especially since 713 filming should have ended days before they went on break.

Also i wonder if Emiko is gonna show up in FF in episode 13 since the actress was hanging out with the FF crew during filming of episode 13.

3 hours ago, Angel12d said:

Man, I wish this show would kill off a few characters or at least downgrade them to guest stars. There really are too many and we definitely don’t need them in every episode.

The problem is, like @Morrigan2575 said, the main 3 just don’t want to film as much anymore. At least that’s the impression I’m getting. And that’s why we have the FF. It’s also why we’re getting more Dinah and Rene (I can’t even say NTA because Curtis barely has anything this season). The only trouble is they're the actual WORST so fans are constantly annoyed and asking for OTA, myself included! It’s a messed up cycle tbh. 😔

This show has what? 7 characters? Even if OTA doesnt want to film as much, you have 4 other characters that you build up. Not introduce an additional 4-5 characters to fill up the screen time. They seem more interested in fleshing out these new characters then they do fleshing out the characters they already have. It's lazy and bad writing.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

TBH might be an unpopular opinion, but I can't really sympathise with the whole Stephen Emily and David deserve less filming and crappier storylines because they had it tough, when one of those actors is making $125,000 an Ep and the others are also probably making in the tens of thousands of dollars per Ep. Also they may work 15 hour days but that's not necessarily 5 or 7 days a week. Doesn't Emily and David film all their scenes over one or two days? So say they film two days that's a 30 hour week, which is pretty reasonable. I've worked 12-15 hour days sometimes 5 days a week, and I'd love to make in a year what Stephen makes in a episode. The three months vacation every year would also be pretty sweet. Im sure the crew members who likely work longer hours then the actors day to day, aren't  making the same money or getting more time off. 

Ultimately if they've brought in and expanded the cast to even out filming schedules ok. But the problem is that the writers don't know how to utilise the characters and get the most out of their expanded cast. Or how to make every character well written without sacrificing another character. There are shows with far larger casts then Arrow who have been able to balance and show consideration to all their characters in the writing.  And even if these characters aren't well written can they at least be somewhat likeable? Or convincingly act? Thanks producers, that'd be great. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Primal Slayer said:

This show has what? 7 characters? Even if OTA doesnt want to film as much, you have 4 other characters that you build up. Not introduce an additional 4-5 characters to fill up the screen time. They seem more interested in fleshing out these new characters then they do fleshing out the characters they already have. It's lazy and bad writing.

Well, this is the problem. I think they only bought in the newer FF characters with links to OTA because NTA are pretty universally hated after S6 and don't really have a fanbase. But they don't seem to want to get rid of NTA completely (or perhaps they can't for whatever BTS reason), so they're keeping them on and hoping that linking them to the future will flesh them out?

I mean, showing future William and Zoe fondly talking about being friends when we haven't even seen any of that on screen is trying to build meaningful relationships that just aren't there. Same with the Mark of Four tattoo that supposedly hints that they were such a close loyal team or Dinah knowing Roy and suddenly acting like she trusts and likes Oliver when we haven't seen any of that in the present. It's truly awful writing at its laziest but I can see what they're attempting to do. It's almost like giving them retroactive relevance in a way. It's just not working, IMO. The FF are a huge mistake.

• Love 5

I mean, Brothers and Sisters? As in "Maya and William, and Oliver and Emiko?" What else could it be?! Why would they tease us like this for nothing?!

Really that picture just makes me nostalgic for Everwood. God I loved Everwood

• Love 5

Too bad 714 couldn’t be titled The Calculator and the Everwood poster be for TA and we’re getting Felicity’s father back (and actually used well unlike in 609) and finding out what’s really going on with Felicity in the FFs. 

(I know, I’m probably asking for too much.)

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 3

Everwood was a Berlanti show, wasn't it?

4 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

I see their dilemma though.  The non-OTA characters are Rene, Curtis, Dinah and Diaz and all four of them have made themselves unpopular the last season or two.  Beth is trying to flesh out Dinah in the present as Oliver's new boss and as the connection to the future storyline.  Rene has a future storyline coming up apparently too.  I'm still hoping that Curtis is dead but I'm not holding my breath.

Roy would be a welcome addition to OTA but unfortunately he is trapped in the future forwards and as long as Oliver and Felicity are "dead" he doesn't get to interact with them.

I don't want to see any of NTA fleshed out and Roy is separated from Oliver, Felicity and Diggle by 20 years. All that's left is to flesh out the new characters.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Everwood was a Berlanti show, wasn't it?

Yup. That was the clue Beth was referring to about the posters. Arrow, Everwood, and Jack and Bobby are all Berlanti shows, as was ”Brothers and Sisters”.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Yup. That was the clue Beth was referring to about the posters. Arrow, Everwood, and Jack and Bobby are all Berlanti shows, as was ”Brothers and Sisters”.

And Jack and Bobby was about brothers if you are going to get specific.  

7 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I could make out Audrey and Amy but that was it.

ETA: just noticed Kelly Hu which is China White...yep can see all 3 will continue to look for title or go cross-eyed.

Couldn't get the title from the picture. I think it's hysterical that we've become forensic analysts to figure out titles.

Also, Kat says 713 is her big episode, 714 is Titled Brothers and Sisters and we're not supposed to believe Maya is Olicity's kid (especially when the show loves parallels and applying the title across the board?) 🤔

And 713 would air in February which is a Sweeps month right?