Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

(edited)
15 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Dive the phrase isn’t based on a persons actual lifetime it is defined in dictionaries as between the ages of 45 and 65, so both Carole and Bethenny are middle aged.

Yeah.  It's actually considered 38 for men and 40 for women. So neither of them are.. .http://www.womens-health-advice.com/questions/middle-age.html

It was still funny because Carole is a mean girl and desperately trying to hold onto a youth that has passed her by. Which is too bad, she is a striking woman.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 6

Carol seems to be trying way too hard to appear to be younger and it's actually making her both an ass and far more haggard looking. Being her friend doesn't really seem like much of a prize to me at this point so I'm not even sure what Bethenny really thinks she's lost here.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, ShawnaLanne said:

So you commonly think of a 65 year old person as middle aged?

I do. Hell people commonly refer to people in their early 30s as young these days. 

• Love 16
(edited)
23 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I do. Hell people commonly refer to people in their early 30s as young these days. 

Me, too -- people live so much longer these days (and with greater health)  it makes no sense to see them as "old" at 65 - that means they're one stage of life for the next two to three decades (even if it's divided into "the youth/middle age/ old age of old age" category).

And (regardless of their ages) I think the repeated age-shaming from Frankel is as shabby as it gets (and nonsensical as well -- as if there aren't 28 year olds who have great depth, or seventy year olds who can't be light and frothy and silly about the men they're dating). 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 24
(edited)
32 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Dive the phrase isn’t based on a persons actual lifetime it is defined in dictionaries as between the ages of 45 and 65, so both Carole and Bethenny are middle aged.

You're right.  I looked it up but that makes a whole lot of nonsense.  It also makes people midlife and seniors at the same time.    AARP defines a senior at 50.    

The US Census has the median age in the US at 37.8.   https://www.after55.com/blog/senior-citizen-age/

Edited by AnnA
(edited)
35 minutes ago, AnnA said:

You're right.  I looked it up but that makes a whole lot of nonsense.  It also makes people midlife and seniors at the same time.    AARP defines a senior at 50.    

There are tons of words and phrases in language that aren’t literal, it’s why we have dictionaries to define their meanings.

As for AARP they define it that way because they are funded by memberships so they want as large a group as possible and they have continuously lowered that age to increase the number of people eligible for membership.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, Mozelle said:

The topic of the speed dating came up because LuAnn brought it up.

Lu may have brought it up but Carole couldn't stop flapping her gums about how she had a three hour dinner with Snoopy, and blah, blah,  blah. He likes me, blah, blah, he wants to see me again, blah blah.   She was trying to get a rise out of Bethnenny.  

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

THIS. I was the Carole of a similar situation, after dealing with the Bethenny-like histrionics of a longtime bestie of over 10 years. Even took her on a trip with my family and she acted exactly the same as Beth is: crying randomly, ready to attack anyone, complaining about the accommodations/food, etc....she was always just as exhausting, abrasive and as needy as Beth((only without a millions-making career)). I finally had to cooly step aside a’la Carole because her negativity became too much. But I’m still polite to her and live my life too if we happen to bump into each other at events or gatherings—-that’s just being a mature adult. 

Carole obviously has her valid reasons for backing away from Bethenny and I think we’re seeing it for ourselves via Beth’s wild behavior on this vacay. Carole’s has it with her but she isn’t going to let Beth’s antics prevent her from enjoying the trip, which I can respect. I don’t get the vibe that she’s being smug or cold to Bethenny either; I just think she’s keeping a polite distance, standing up for herself when she’s being baited, and staying calm just to make the trip go smoothly. 

It’s usually much easier to disengage than to battle, after all. But they’ll obviously pow-wow over it eventually, because that’s Real Housewives rationale for you.

Also, I actually liked Carole’S crazy outfit(maybe if the green earring were a bit less poofy if wouldn’t have looked as arresting), ditto Tinsley’s! They’re having fun and feeling their fashion moments; I can appreciate that. 

On the flip side, I didn’t like Luanne’s entire be-wigged look AT ALL—sorry, I thought she looked like a drag queen, especially while lumbering around the city streets. 

Lu still wins the award for ‘best travel buddy’ to me though; even while not even drinking and dealing with Beth’s mopey ass, that gal can still party and encourages everyone to just go out, keep shopping and have some fun.

Ramona isn’t acting like a bossy bitch on the group vacation, wow!! Yeah, she must be heavily medicated—-we’ve yet to ever see her be so calm and easygoing on one of these trips.

I can’t help but love Tinsley; the gal is so thoughtful and made a big point to make sure their trip started off running smoothly. And now I wanna be her friend just for all her generous gifts...even Sonja couldn’t talk shit about her.

Dorinda clomping around in her gladiator sandals, ugh...couldn’t she have found some cute flats/appropriate sandals before they left??

Dorinda .. I mean really.  Doesn’t everyone have a pair or two of comfortable ballet flats to put on in case?  She has everything else.

• Love 4
(edited)
37 minutes ago, Barbara Please said:

Lu may have brought it up but Carole couldn't stop flapping her gums about how she had a three hour dinner with Snoopy, and blah, blah,  blah. He likes me, blah, blah, he wants to see me again, blah blah.   She was trying to get a rise out of Bethnenny.  

When Lu brought it up Carole first mentioned  Lu’s artichoke guy and encouraged her to go out with him. Then Lu said to her that Brian was cute and all she said is she went out to dinner with him and then all the women started commenting including Dorinda singsonging “Carole likes Brian”, Carole was not the driving force of that convo and Carole had no idea that Bethenny was into him or he was texting her.

etb. I am still so confused about what Bethenny wanted her to do. This is from Bethenny’s blog last week where she takes credit for Brian and Carole’s date

From what little I know, I thought he was a super nice guy who I texted later that PM to set up with Carole. 

She is all over the map on her story regarding this guy.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 19
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Dorinda .. I mean really.  Doesn’t everyone have a pair or two of comfortable ballet flats to put on in case?  She has everything else.

I was wracking my stroke-addled brain trying to remember if I'd ever seen Dorinda sporting a pair of flats, but drew a blank.

I'm sure she must have worn flats at some point(s) on the show, but maybe they were tennis shoes or something that wouldn't be fashionable with her other attire in the warmer Colombian weather.

Although she may as well have donned freaking combat boots for all the fashion those gladiator sandals brought to her look.   I don't even think Luann could pull off those monstrosities.  

3 minutes ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

Oh god they showed Rey again.

I would love to know how utterly fucked up on drugs and drink LuAnn was when she decided that guy would be a good candidate for a possible boyfriend.

Probably about as fucked up as she was when she chose that floral abomination she chose to wear while out for the evening in Florida and ultimately appeared wearing in court.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

There are tons of words and phrases in language that aren’t literal, it’s why we have dictionaries to define their meanings.

As for AARP they define it that way because they are funded by memberships so they want as large a group as possible and they have continuously lowered that age to increase the number of people eligible for membership.

With my BA in English with an Emphasis on Career Writing and a Technical Writing Certificate, with 15 years of marketing writing experience; I totally appreciate you explaining how definitions and dictionaries work in such a non-condescending way, however, it still is not how the term middle aged is used in colloquial language, which Bethany was speaking in. Bringing in AARP membership usage is disingenuous at best.

• Love 8
(edited)
18 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

With my BA in English with an Emphasis on Career Writing and a Technical Writing Certificate, with 15 years of marketing writing experience; I totally appreciate you explaining how definitions and dictionaries work in such a non-condescending way, however, it still is not how the term middle aged is used in colloquial language, which Bethany was speaking in. Bringing in AARP membership usage is disingenuous at best.

The person I was quoting is the one who brought up the AARP usage which is why I respond to it.

i wasn’t intending to define the term dictionary just that that is where I look for the meaning of words and myself and everyone I know would colloquially call Carole middle aged.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 14
(edited)
11 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I'm the one guilty of bringing up AARP membership.   My point was to emphasize that the dictionary definition of midlife having 65 on the high end is ridiculous.  One can't be midlife and a senior at the same time.   Retirement communities for seniors start at 50 and 55.    No one is middle aged at 60 or 65.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 6
(edited)
53 minutes ago, film noire said:

And (regardless of their ages) I think the repeated age-shaming from Frankel is as shabby as it gets (and nonsensical as well -- as if there aren't 28 year olds who have great depth, or seventy year olds who can't be light and frothy and silly about the men they're dating). 

It's especially ridiculous because Bethenny and Carole are the same damn generation--Generation X. It's not like they are at the far edges of that generational age spread either. Bethenny is in her late fucking 40s and is absolutely trying to come across as younger and cooler too. I expect Bethenny to take up knitting when she turns 50 because she's so concerned about what is age appropriate for women their 50s. Oh wait, she won't do anything different because she's an enormous sour hypocrite.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 22
26 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

What's making Bethenny crazy is that Carole is staying calm and isn't falling for Bethenny's games. 

Yep - and that she’s lost Carole as a reliable source of narcissistic supply. 

• Love 18
9 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

They all walk in to a room with their Tiffany blue boxes, only one of them gets to open the box and the name is on the necklace gets the room? I must be missing something. Whatever the game was, they all gave Tinsley great accolades for thinking it up! I can't help it, I like Tinsley. She's a fun girl, a nice girl.

Tinsley was smart to know that as long as each lady got a present they would be happy, except for Bethenny though.  Didn't she whisper to Dorinda that she needed a better/fancier hotel, or something to that effect?  If Bethenny had picked the place, it would've been the greatest thing ever! And she would've been the bestest host ever!!

9 hours ago, AnnA said:

OK  but that doesn't mean it can't "just happen" to someone too.

I agree, but in Bethenny's case, I think that 99% of the time it's a calculated melt-down.  As I've mentioned before, she reminds me of the popular girl who always had to have her friends nearby for constant emotional support.   It never ends with her.  And again with the word 'torture.'  She said that the dinner was torture for her.  Would somebody buy her a clue as to what that word means?  I can't take her seriously when she exaggerates like that.  

• Love 13
(edited)
8 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

It's especially ridiculous because Bethenny and Carole are the same damn generation--Generation X. It's not like they are at the far edges of that generational age spread either. Bethenny is in her late fucking 40s and is absolutely trying to come across as younger and cooler too. I expect Bethenny to take knitting when she turns 50 because she's so concerned about what is age appropriate for women their 50s. Oh wait, she won't do anything different because she's an enormous sour hypocrite.

She lost all coolness with her snowmies thing. There is no one over the age of 9 who would find that "hip." Also, I'm mid forties, we are not cool anymore. Or young. Or hip. We aren't ancient, but we ain't young.

That being said, I think Bethany is zeroing in on age with Carol because it is so clear that age is a weak spot for her.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 8

Bethenny allergic reaction would be a legit reason for having a panic attack.

I don't think she had a panic attack over the allergic reaction.  Her panic attack, IIRC, was suddenly thinking about the upcoming end to the restraining order.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.  She got up and left the table when she was having the allergic reaction, but I don't recall seeing her panic.  I was surprised that none of the ladies followed her to make she didn't go into anaphylactic shock.  They just continued on with their meal as if Bethenny had excused herself to go to the bathroom. Way to help out in an emergency, ladies!  Maybe they're used to the drama from her and didn't take it seriously.   Even if I thought that way, I'd still err on the side of caution and make sure she was okay.  

That being said, I think Bethany is zeroing in on age with Carol because it is so clear that age is a weak spot for her.

Lisa Rinna does this to Lisa VanderPump of the Beverly Hills housewives, and I find it to be extremely rude.  It's a cheap shot. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I know.....odd. 

Celebs tell Andy they are on Team Bethenny. Whether or not they are on team Bethenny remains to be seen. It could be because they just want to be asked back to WWHL.

36 minutes ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

REY! Yaaaassss! Love Rey sightings another reason how Luann totally delivers. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, film noire said:

Me, too -- people live so much longer these days (and with greater health)  it makes no sense to see them as "old" at 65 - that means they're one stage of life for the next two to three decades (even if it's divided into "the youth/middle age/ old age of old age" category).

That's both true and not true.   Some people live longer because of the advances in medical care but overall the life expectancy in the US has been dropping for years.    It's down to 78.7 and is 1.5 years less than Canada, Germany, France, Japan, the UK and even Mexico.   Google it.   I was shocked. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I don't think she had a panic attack over the allergic reaction.  Her panic attack, IIRC, was suddenly thinking about the upcoming end to the restraining order.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.  She got up and left the table when she was having the allergic reaction, but I don't recall seeing her panic.  I was surprised that none of the ladies followed her to make she didn't go into anaphylactic shock.  They just continued on with their meal as if Bethenny had excused herself to go to the bathroom. Way to help out in an emergency, ladies!  Maybe they're used to the drama from her and didn't take it seriously.   Even if I thought that way, I'd still err on the side of caution and make sure she was okay.  

Why would they follow her, she said she was going to go take a Benadryl after she assured them drinking "wine" would make it go away. Her throat wasn't swelling, she wasn't having any breathing problems and she wasn't upset.

• Love 9
46 minutes ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

I would love to know how utterly fucked up on drugs and drink LuAnn was when she decided that guy would be a good candidate for a possible boyfriend.

Omg, YES, Rey. What a lovely surprise to see that utter lunatic again.

I don't mind calling Carole middle aged, I guess - she's 50 or 51? 65 though? No. 60? No. It seems ludicrous to me and I don't think most people would think of that as middle aged. Seniors citizens, sure.

Re: Celebs picking Bethenny. I know we're throwing out a lot of reasons why someone would make such a crazy choice, but another option is that they actually...like her. Weird, I know, but we're out here and we're not small in number, regardless of what we see on this forum.

• Love 9

Is there no Colombian equivalent or something similar to the Americans With Disabilities Act?

I mean, it's funny seeing them trying to navigate the streets, sidewalks, and stairs with Ramona in the wheelchair, but if you're really in a wheelchair that has to be a complete pain in the ass. I saw no sidewalk ramps anywhere.

• Love 6

She lost all coolness with her snowmies thing. There is no one over the age of 9 who would find that "hip." Also, I'm mid forties, we are not cool anymore. Or young. Or hip. We aren't ancient.

I think the snowmies sweater was lame. Bethenny clearly thought it was cool and used it as a test to see if the other women were old or cool.  She names her dogs Biggie and Smalls like it's the coolest most current reference. She could have named them Meek and Millz because they were in puppy jail.

People at any age can be cool and hip. I don't think 40s is ancient. 

16 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Oh absolutely this is something that Carole is sensitive about.

• Love 10
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

Yeah, I'd be annoyed, too, if my friend, who has a history of picking (and in Bethenny's case of Jason, marrying and procreating with) men who are not great, who are shady, who are slimy, had the audacity to say boo to me about my ex. Carole was in a relationship with Adam for longer than Bethenny and Jason were even married. After that Betehnny went on to date and live with some slimy character then started up something with "Is he married? Is he separated? Do he and his wife still live together? Is he officially divorced?" Dennis. The au-damn-dacity of Bethenny to say anything to Carole about Adam. Bethenny needs to worry about sweeping around her own front door.

It doesn't negate the fact that Adam is shady AF. Carole, from what I can deduce, decided she hated B from then on. Oh yeah, the other reason Carole was steamed is because Bethany contacted Adam, Carole's ex boyfriend about a job, without asking Carole's permission. That is some high school b.s. there.

Personally, after seeing how disengaged and cold Carole is with Bethany, I don't think she ever considered Bethany a real friend. I think Carole used Bethany to stay relevant/ on the show the last couple of seasons. This year Carole saw blood in the water and created an alliance with Tinsley and Dorinda, thinking  this was the year she could get out from under the second banana role, because we know Carole does not consider herself as such, and why should she?

She, like many before her, thought she could get rid of B. It's not gonna happen. Ramona & Bethany, Lisa V & Kyle, and Kandi & Nene will not be kicked off of their RH thrones, no matter what it seems, and can come and go as they please.

Bethany seems to be genuinely broken up by this, and yeah, it's probably her own fault, but she cares that the friendship is over. Carole is showing herself to be cold, calculating, unforgiving, and kinda pathetic.

18 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Lisa Rinna does this to Lisa VanderPump of the Beverly Hills housewives, and I find it to be extremely rude.  It's a cheap shot. 

(Reference to age shaming)

It is. Lisa V handles it like a champ though.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 10
17 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

You definitely misremembered. Lu threw MANY nasty digs at Carole about the Adam situation. Saying that Adam was “Sonja Young” was one of the more innocuous ones. 

Yes I did. But Carole also made her share of digs. I grew to hate her during the Jules season. She isn't an innocent. And she threw digs at Luanne too. for numerous things.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Ki-in said:

Here is the clip where "Sonja young" is said.  Hypocritical Carole had said in another clip that she didn't know whether Sonja was dating him or babysitting but gets immediately defensive about Adam. So defensive for what's supposed to be just a casual fling.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/videos/luann-is-still-salty-about-carole-and-adam

Here Bethenny pokes fun at Adam

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/videos/is-carole-and-luanns-friendship-really-over

Thank u! I knew I wasn't crazy.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Why would they follow her, she said she was going to go take a Benadryl after she assured them drinking "wine" would make it go away. Her throat wasn't swelling, she wasn't having any breathing problems and she wasn't upset.

She said that her tongue/throat felt funny.  I guess that I've sat through too many CPR/first aid courses (required continuing ed) that I wouldn't let somebody walk away alone who was having an allergic reaction to something.  As one CPR instructor (female nurse) told us one time, women are the worst at walking off when choking on food because they're embarrassed.  They'll go in the bathroom and die before they'll ask for help.  This particular nurse saw a lady in a restaurant do that very thing.  She could tell she looked distressed as she walked across the restaurant, so she followed her into the bathroom.  Sure enough, she was choking.  You're supposed to ask a person if you can help them, so she did.  The lady refused.  She stood there choking, but the nurse couldn't let her die so she gave her the Heimlich maneuver and saved her life.  The lady turned around and walked out, never even thanking her.  True story.  I can't make this shit up!  

Having known Bethenny as some of the ladies do, I think that just making sure she really was okay would've been the right thing to do, even if Bethenny had waved them off.  Again, just erring on the side of caution.   

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, lamujerdecente said:

Yes I did. But Carole also made her share of digs. I grew to hate her during the Jules season. She isn't an innocent. And she threw digs at Luanne too. for numerous things.

That is true: neither of them are innocent. They definitely threw jabs at each other over the seasons. I personally think some of Lu’s hit below the belt when it came to the Carole and Adam stuff but that’s just my own opinion and interpretation.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

It doesn't negate the fact that Adam is shady AF. Carole, from what I can deduce, decided she hated B from then on. Oh yeah, the other reason Carole was steamed is because Bethany contacted Adam, Carole's ex boyfriend about a job, without asking Carole's permission. That is some high school b.s. there.

Personally, after seeing how disengaged and cold Carole is with Bethany, I don't think she ever considered Bethany a real friend. I think Carole used Bethany to stay relevant/ on the show the last couple of seasons. This year Carole saw blood in the water and created an alliance with Tinsley and Dorinda, thinking  this was the year she could get out from under the second banana role, because we know Carole does not consider herself as such, and why should she?

She, like many before her, thought she could get rid of B. It's not gonna happen. Ramona & Bethany, Lisa V & Kyle, and Kandi & Nene will not be kicked off of their RH thrones, no matter what it seems, and can come and go as they please.

Bethany seems to be genuinely broken up by this, and yeah, it's probably her own fault, but she cares that the friendship is over. Carole is showing herself to be cold, calculating, unforgiving, and kinda pathetic.

The only one calling Adam shady was Bethenny (and a drunk Luann) and she backtracked then apologized for saying it. Carole never said that Bethenny needed "permission" to contact him but that she should have told her after she called him, not before but after. 

Carole only became "disengaged" because Bethenny would tell her one thing and then act the exact opposite. She had to step back to keep a clear head, which, I get, is not what Bethenny wanted her to do but Carole knows Bethenny well enough to know/understand that Bethenny was coming for her this season. Yes, it took Carole over 1/2 the season to realize it but she did and she stepped back and she still isn't talking smack about Bethenny behind her back like Bethenny is her. 

Carole and Tinsley grew closer because Bethenny was busy doing her own thing (before PR/Maria) with Dennis the B Strong stuff and as a result, she/Tinsley spent more time together and became close. She didn't shut Bethenny out, the problem is with Bethenny. Bethenny can't/won't share, even friends. 

• Love 24
5 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

She said that her tongue/throat felt funny.  I guess that I've sat through too many CPR/first aid courses (required continuing ed) that I wouldn't let somebody walk away alone who was having an allergic reaction to something.  As one CPR instructor (female nurse) told us one time, women are the worst at walking off when choking on food because they're embarrassed.  They'll go in the bathroom and die before they'll ask for help.  This particular nurse saw a lady in a restaurant do that very thing.  She could tell she looked distressed as she walked across the restaurant, so she followed her into the bathroom.  Sure enough, she was choking.  You're supposed to ask a person if you can help them, so she did.  The lady refused.  She stood there choking, but the nurse couldn't let her die so she gave her the Heimlich maneuver and saved her life.  The lady turned around and walked out, never even thanking her.  True story.  I can't make this shit up!  

Having known Bethenny as some of the ladies do, I think that just making sure she really was okay would've been the right thing to do, even if Bethenny had waved them off.  Again, just erring on the side of caution.   

No, she said her tongue/mouth felt "itchy", not that they were swelling or that she was having difficulty breathing. She also said that "drinking wine" clears it up (never heard of wine stopping an allergic attack and I am retired Pharmacy). Oh, and there are a host of producers/camera crew members there as well and I am sure that her producer went with her. Hell, if any HW should have followed her, it would have been Luann, who was an LPN but even her good friends Luann/Sonja knew she wasn't having any reaction or that production was with/helping her. 

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I think it does, given that (1) the "shady" designation came from Bethenny who was upset that Adam didn't do what she wanted (i.e., Bethenny has skin in the game, so to speak, to talk smack about him and exaggerate things to her benefit) and (2) because Bethenny consistently makes piss poor romantic decisions, she has no leg to stand on about anyone else's romantic partners or ex-partners.

Say what now? Lol. What blood could Carole have seen in the water when the season opened with Bethenny bitching about Adam and slick talking about Carole to others? Bethenny also began this season already annoyed that Carole and Tinsley had started hanging out a bit during the summer. Then when it finally got back to Carole, Bethenny acted as though she had no issue with Carole.

12 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I think the snowmies sweater was lame. Bethenny clearly thought it was cool and used it as a test to see if the other women were old or cool.  She names her dogs Biggie and Smalls like it's the coolest most current reference. She could have named them Meek and Millz because they were in puppy jail.

People at any age can be cool and hip. I don't think 40s is ancient. 

Oh absolutely this is something that Carole is sensitive about.

Say this! Anthony Bourdain (R.I.Power, my heart still hurts about this loss), Padma Lakshmi, Tracee Ellis Ross, Viola Davis...all of these people in their 40s, 50s, and, in the case of Bourdain, 60s were and are the epitome of being cool and hip in older decades. I'm not yet 40, but I can only hope to maintain a love of life and fashion and hipness as the three women I mentioned.

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

I think it does, given that (1) the "shady" designation came from Bethenny who was upset that Adam didn't do what she wanted (i.e., Bethenny has skin in the game, so to speak, to talk smack about him and exaggerate things to her benefit) and (2) because Bethenny consistently makes piss poor romantic decisions, she has no leg to stand on about anyone else's romantic partners or ex-partners.

Say what now? Lol. What blood could Carole have seen in the water when the season opened with Bethenny bitching about Adam and slick talking about Carole to others? Bethenny also began this season already annoyed that Carole and Tinsley had started hanging out a bit during the summer. Then when it finally got back to Carole, Bethenny acted as though she had no issue with Carole.

Say this! Anthony Bourdain (R.I.Power, my heart still hurts about this loss), Padma Lakshmi, Tracee Ellis Ross, Viola Davis...all of these people in their 40s, 50s, and, in the case of Bourdain, 60s were and are the epitome of being cool and hip in older decades. I'm not yet 40, but I can only hope to maintain a love of life and fashion and hipness as the three women I mentioned.

I agree, those are all cool people. People who are not trying to be cool by coloring their hair, wearing outlandish clothing, or using slang from 10 - 15 years ago. They are simply being themselves.So I will backtrack. Neither Carole nor Bethany are cool or hip. 

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Hell, if any HW should have followed her, it would have been Luann, who was an LPN but even her good friends Luann/Sonja knew she wasn't having any reaction or that production was with/helping her. 

We have no way knowing what LuAnn and Sonja knew about Bethenny's allergic reaction. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, AnnA said:

We have no way knowing what LuAnn and Sonja knew about Bethenny's allergic reaction. 

They were at Dorinda's Christmas dinner when Bethenny announced to everyone at the table (including Luann/Sonja/Heather/Carole and Kirsten and their spouses/SO) that she was allergic to fish! So, Yes, they would have know, as did Ramona. The only one that would not have known was Tinsley, she joined the show years after that episode was filmed and aired. 

• Love 7
(edited)
8 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

They were at Dorinda's Christmas dinner when Bethenny announced to everyone at the table (including Luann/Sonja/Heather/Carole and Kirsten and their spouses/SO) that she was allergic to fish! So, Yes, they would have know, as did Ramona. The only one that would not have known was Tinsley, she joined the show years after that episode was filmed and aired. 

The posted comments were about why no one followed Bethenny from the table not whether they knew she was allergic to fish.   

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4
(edited)
7 hours ago, AnnA said:

.   Some people live longer because of the advances in medical care but overall the life expectancy in the US has been dropping for years.  

Life expectancy in the US has a lot to do with health care access, not absolute aging -- in Europe (frex) researchers are already re-defining age: "Collecting the state pension and bus pass at 65 has traditionally been seen as a watershed moment where middle age ends and the twilight years begin. But new research suggests that old age now starts at 74, with middle age lasting at least nine years longer than current estimates..."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/03/15/old-age-does-not-begin-until-74-researchers-suggest-in-a-new-rep/

Back on topic:  I don't like Radziwill, but I think she's handled Frankel brilliantly this season. She's refused to rise to the bait (or escalate) whenever Bethenny says something cruel,  and by doing that,  has blocked Bethenny's scorched earth bullshit. And unlike Luann (who pretty well remained mostly silent in the face of Bethenny's savage attack), she's been pushing back at Bethenny -- both at the lies about what went on between them, and Frankel's bitterness -- and has done all of that without leaving behind any crazy "Carole pushed to the edge!" moment to be replayed a million times. Next week might prove to be her Waterloo, but so far, she's remained clip/gif/ roll tape! free.

I also think Radziwill realized this season that she and Bethenny were never friends -- she was always just Bethenny's sidekick / tool / mouthpiece against Jason/show friend to prove Bethenny was not universally disliked by the other women.  I think that penny dropping is why Radziwill is completely and utterly done with the woman -- the falseness of the frienddship, and all that viciousness and bile coming at Carole for no good reason. You might tolerate that level of ugly from a dear friend losing her mind, but from someone like Bethenny Frankel? Why bother? Especially when -- after seeing the truth -- it becomes easy to let go of something that never existed to begin with.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 22

I’m sure one or some of the women checked on Bethenny - it was just edited that way to be interesting. Someone at Bravo might even have been making fun of B for her over-the-top dramatics this episode.

• Love 6
(edited)
7 minutes ago, AnnA said:

The posted comments were about why no one followed Bethenny from the table not whether they knew she was allergic to fish.   

I'm not sure what you are saying, I answered your post to me because you said that we had no way to know if Luann/Sonja knew Bethenny was allergic to fish and I answered that they did and when they found out, nothing more.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

She also said that "drinking wine" clears it up (never heard of wine stopping an allergic attack and I am retired Pharmacy).

I thought she was being sarcastic or funny when she said that!  I've never heard of that either.   I'll be sure to stock some wine in the medicine cabinet for when Mr. Chat when he has an allergic reaction to poison ivy!   ;)

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I thought she was being sarcastic or funny when she said that!  I've never heard of that either.   I'll be sure to stock some wine in the medicine cabinet for when Mr. Chat when he has an allergic reaction to poison ivy!   ;)

I didn't think she was trying to be funny but I don't think she was being serious either. This, IMO, is where she gets into trouble, she speaks out of both ends and no one is sure what she wants/means/needs. 

Be careful, if your hubby likes wine, you may find him rolling around in the poison ivy! LOL

• Love 5
3 hours ago, AnnA said:

I'm sure you won't be surprised but I disagree.   Carole is a bitch and has ragged on Bethenny in every TH all season.  Neither one of us is going to change our opinion so let's just agree to disagree.

I thought so too and just posted up thread that Carole would have to live to 108 for this to be a midlife crisis.   LOL

My point being the term is midlife crisis, she keeps taking jabs. I guess at the end of the day Carole wins since she is crying like a lunatic over her friend

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I'm not sure what you are saying, I answered your post to me because you said that we had no way to know if Luann/Sonja knew Bethenny was allergic to fish and I answered that they did and when they found out, nothing more.

My comment was in response to the last sentence of your post below - "LuAnn/Sonja knew she wasn't having any reaction."    That's why I said we have no way of knowing what they knew.

41 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

No, she said her tongue/mouth felt "itchy", not that they were swelling or that she was having difficulty breathing. She also said that "drinking wine" clears it up (never heard of wine stopping an allergic attack and I am retired Pharmacy). Oh, and there are a host of producers/camera crew members there as well and I am sure that her producer went with her. Hell, if any HW should have followed her, it would have been Luann, who was an LPN but even her good friends Luann/Sonja knew she wasn't having any reaction or that production was with/helping her. 

• Love 1