Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, HadleyFields said:

I'm not picking on you specifically, Kaia, your post is similar to so many on the NYC Housewives forum here. 1st Half: What is so satisfying about ripping on a woman's looks. It's usually something she has little control over, like bone structure, which would involve surgery to correct, or ageism, and the alternative to aging is not better. 

The 2nd Half: Carole had a good time on a date. They talked for 3 hours.  That's a good conversation!  She's moving on from Adam and she's excited. I think getting Bethenny to stop by squarely telling her, "Enough," was a good way of telling her, "You've made your point and you're dangerously close to not being able to put the words back in your mouth."

Hey @HadleyFields! I respect your opinion and the great thing about this forum is that we can each have different opinions and can voice them.  I just wanted to explain my comments.

As far as my comment about Carole’s looks, I feel Carole has become very arrogant and acts very conceited. She’s far from gorgeous, in my opinion. Now that I’m reflecting on it, I feel as though my reasons have more to do with her personality being ugly to me.  There are people on other shows that aren’t model status but, because they are very nice, I think they’re very pretty.  Carole picks on people’s looks, outfits and makes fun of people all the time, which makes her an ugly person.  Since she’s no model as it is, she comes across as very ugly to me. Again, it’s just my opinion (I’m not saying that as Tamara Judge said it on OC) lol.    I guess what bothered me was when she and Bethenny demolished Jules.  I felt that was awful.  Like you said about not being able to control your looks, Jules had a disease and couldn’t control her looks and being “scary thin” as Carole said.  I can quote so many circumstances as to why I feel this way but, this would become as long as War and Peace!  lol.

I’m a Bethenny fan and I find it curious that now that there is a rift between them, people are saying how mean B is to Carole but when they were friends, Carole went right along with Bethenny.  Now that they’re not friends anymore, people forget how mean Carol was! 

About the date situation, it rubbed me the wrong way was that Carole said “well I think he didn’t like you either” and smiled as she said it.  It was very mean.  Can you imagine saying that to anyone?  There is no explanation other than to try to hurt someone. It backfired on her though when it came out at the table that he was and is still texting Bethenny.  All Bethenny said at first was she didn’t want to date him and that was Carole’s response.  Then after that Bethenny went on to say that Brian was a consolation prize.  We can clearly see from the footage of speed dating that Brian told Bethenny that he only came because he heard she would be there and wanted to spend time with her.  So not only was Carole mean, she was probably lying and wrong.  She’s probably lying because it’s clear that he liked Bethenny so it was most likely never said.  Let’s just say Brian did say that to Carole then that’s terrible and he is a player as Bethenny was trying to tell Carole. Carole was just pissed that she had just found out that Brian didn’t only have eyes for her.

Whew, anyway, again I do respect your opinion about it and I just wanted to respond to you as to why I feel the way I do.

• Love 9

I'm sure he watched when he was told he would be a part of it but that doesn't mean he knew he walked into the lions den either. I'm not sure most guys understand how these shows work. LOL

Oh come on. He had significant on screen time with multiple wives. Not buying the "he's just a yokel who never even watches the show and had to be hand held through how reality tv shows work because he's so precious and innocent he has utterly no idea how this all works and is really a wide eyed innocent baby staring in wonderment at all the big sights in the big city" pitch that is trying to be sold. He was there for screen time. None of the women he was chatting up are worth the time other wise

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Oh come on. He had significant on screen time with multiple wives. Not buying the "he's just a yokel who never even watches th

He was only in about three minutes of actual footage, I imagine he was surprised that it became a thing in more than one episode. It was a speed dating thing so I imagine a lot of those men filmed with multiple wives because that is the point of such events we just didn’t see it because it didn’t spill over into more drama.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Kaia40 said:

Hey @HadleyFields! I respect your opinion and the great thing about this forum is that we can each have different opinions and can voice them.  I just wanted to explain my comments.

As far as my comment about Carole’s looks, I feel Carole has become very arrogant and acts very conceited. She’s far from gorgeous, in my opinion. Now that I’m reflecting on it, I feel as though my reasons have more to do with her personality being ugly to me.  There are people on other shows that aren’t model status but, because they are very nice, I think they’re very pretty.  Carole picks on people’s looks, outfits and makes fun of people all the time, which makes her an ugly person.  Since she’s no model as it is, she comes across as very ugly to me. Again, it’s just my opinion (I’m not saying that as Tamara Judge said it on OC) lol.    I guess what bothered me was when she and Bethenny demolished Jules.  I felt that was awful.  Like you said about not being able to control your looks, Jules had a disease and couldn’t control her looks and being “scary thin” as Carole said.  I can quote so many circumstances as to why I feel this way but, this would become as long as War and Peace!  lol.

I’m a Bethenny fan and I find it curious that now that there is a rift between them, people are saying how mean B is to Carole but when they were friends, Carole went right along with Bethenny.  Now that they’re not friends anymore, people forget how mean Carol was! 

About the date situation, it rubbed me the wrong way was that Carole said “well I think he didn’t like you either” and smiled as she said it.  It was very mean.  Can you imagine saying that to anyone?  There is no explanation other than to try to hurt someone. It backfired on her though when it came out at the table that he was and is still texting Bethenny.  All Bethenny said at first was she didn’t want to date him and that was Carole’s response.  Then after that Bethenny went on to say that Brian was a consolation prize.  We can clearly see from the footage of speed dating that Brian told Bethenny that he only came because he heard she would be there and wanted to spend time with her.  So not only was Carole mean, she was probably lying and wrong.  She’s probably lying because it’s clear that he liked Bethenny so it was most likely never said.  Let’s just say Brian did say that to Carole then that’s terrible and he is a player as Bethenny was trying to tell Carole. Carole was just pissed that she had just found out that Brian didn’t only have eyes for her.

Whew, anyway, again I do respect your opinion about it and I just wanted to respond to you as to why I feel the way I do.

I see what you are saying and I don't think most have forgotten how awful Bethenny/Carole were to Jules or anyone else but instead are enjoying that someone is finally standing up to bully Bethenny because it hasn't happened before. As far as I am concerned, they, Bethenny/Carole, deserve each other. I am surprised though that you aren't as disgusted by Bethenny over how she treated Jules as you are Carole. IMO, Bethenny was far worse because she understands how that disease works and knows treating Jules like she/they did only made her eating disorder worse, which makes her ugly behavior far more egregious. 

As for the red scarf guy, Bethenny was all over Carole about him, mocking her, making her look like second choice before Carole finally snapped back at Bethenny. Carole kept telling Bethenny it wasn't "that deep", nothing for her to get upset about but Bethenny could not stop trying to destroy Carole over a guy she claims she had zero interest in. Which is exactly, IMO, what Bethenny does to everyone, call them names, age shame them, mock them, try to hurt them, try to diminish them so that she is always on top as the most desirable, more hip, more intelligent, more successful, more/better/best, well better than any on them in every single way. 

• Love 15
(edited)
16 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I am surprised though that you aren't as disgusted by Bethenny over how she treated Jules as you are Carole

I’m totally disgusted about how Bethenny treated Jules as well.  I wrote in my post “I guess what bothered me was when she and Bethenny demolished Jules.”  I was focused on Carole’s behavior because I was responding as to why I found her hideous!  I understand why at first you were like wait Bethenny did that to Jules too. My post was like 10,000 words long! lol

Edited by Kaia40
  • Love 5
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Kaia40 said:

I’m totally disgusted about how Bethenny treated Jules as well.  I wrote in my post “I guess what bothered me was when she and Bethenny demolished Jules.”  I was focused on Carole’s behavior because I was responding as to why I found her hideous!  I understand why at first you were like wait Bethenny did that to Jules too. My post was like 10,000 words long! lol

You also said "I’m a Bethenny fan" so I am confused. If you feel Carole is ugly because of how she treated Jules why don't you feel the same way about Bethenny? Honest question, no snark at all. I am curious how it changed your feelings about Carole but not about Bethenny. 

Ps, your post wasn't all that long, it was interesting to read.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

You also said "I’m a Bethenny fan" so I am confused. If you feel Carole is ugly because of how she treated Jules why don't you feel the same way about Bethenny? Honest question, no snark at all. I am curious how it changed your feelings about Carole but not about Bethenny. 

It’s ok, it’s a good question. The only way I can explain it with an analogy is if you’ve ever had a friend that did some shady things but you forgave  them because they’re your friend and have so many other good qualities.. Not that I’m saying Bethenny’s my friend. lol. I’m a long time Bethenny fan and I think she’s said some terrible things to people.  I feel as though that’s the way Bethenny is but, Carole acts like she’s not a “mean girl” but she has been very mean as well.  Also, Bethenny did so much with the hurricane relief and I truly believe Bethenny has a good heart but she was raised in such a dysfunctional environment that she doesn’t know how to express her feelings.  Carole seems extremely self centered and cold.  Again that’s just my opinion and I respect your opinion too.  I like that everyone has different opinions. ?

• Love 9
(edited)

The guy with the Red Scarf speaks:.  You need to go to the link to see his screenshots.  They didn't copy.

https://shirasgotthescoop.com/2018/07/21/rhony-the-guy-with-the-red-scarf-sets-the-record-straight/#respond

The Curious George series has the “man with the yellow hat” and recently, Real Housewives of New York introduced “the guy with the red scarf.” There was the French pirate before him, followed by zany Rey at the Madam Paulette event, and of course, that man that “it’s all about”, Tom D’Agastino.

This new neck-cessorized suitor of the season will surely also be the subject of future flashback scenes. He has already been the impetus for a car ride recap by Bethenny and a contentious dinner conversation between the ladies. Viewers observed how Ramona Singer was the first to single him out at a speed dating event, after which he focused his attention on Bethenny and declared he had been hoping to see her there.

However, it was Carole Radziwill who ultimately scored a post-event blind date with him, set up by the speed dating event’s matchmaker Rori Sassoon. Afterwards, while in Colombia with her cast mates, Bethenny claimed -and complained – that he was hitting her up repetitively by text.

In case you were in the dark about his identity, the red scarf belongs to Brian Krauss, a 53 year old resident of Saddle River, NJ, who tells me he had never watched RHONY until this year and was unfamiliar with all the players except Bethenny. The two had met away from the show and glitz of NYC, in Miami.

Brian Krauss’s Instagram

Brian marvels about how “the guy with the red scarf” became a character (he didn’t don the accessory to stand out, rather for practical reasons: It was freezing that winter night.) and his adamancy about not expecting to be a storyline strikes me as sincere. After all, this lawyer and entrepreneur (he founded and sold the companies IPATH Footwear and Vintage1 and is now focused on his law firms) had never watched the show until he was informed he’d be on the speed dating episode. Now, he has to tune in weekly to keep up with the narrative.

As we’re chatting by phone, Brian sends me an email comprised of what he’s written in order to set the record straight on his relationship to Bethenny:

A Tale of Two Texts

Bethenny has an odd habit of making up stories where she looks good at the expense of others. This tale is no exception. I bet those texts she was reading gave you the impression they were all from me after we re-connected at speed dating. False. They weren’t. They were cobbled together from months earlier when she first swiped right on The League, a dating app, to match with me.

She conveniently left out all her replies. There were so many. Trust me, it is unnerving to film RHONY. I agreed because I believe in my friend Rori’s matchmaking business Platinum Poire. And yes, I was happy to see Bethenny, a woman I already knew, felt comfortable with and considered a friend.

Her claim that she texted me that same night to fix me up with Carole: also false. In real life Rori arranged a dinner the next evening. Also, in real life Bethenny texted me immediately after she left speed dating to say what a great time she had had. Then she woke up at 6:01 the next morning (Feb. 1st) to set up a date for herself.

When I saw the show, I laughed at the way Bethenny turned what I thought was a flirty, fun speed dating night into a full on pursuit.

Here are screenshots of the actual texts between us. It’s kind of brilliant how this became “he won’t stop texting me.” You decide. I’m blue. Bethenny is grey. By the way, I’m out of the reality show business. It’s insane!

Then four days later:

————————————————

Brian explains that when he first met Bethenny in Miami, he felt a connection to her because they both had been through difficult divorces. He is not a stranger to reality television as he had once been a part of a project with the intent of promoting a business. That reality show never aired, in large part due to his divorce and refusal to be inauthentic about his marital struggles, as well as tensions with his brothers-in-law business partners.

A client of Rori’s matchmaking business referred Brian for the speed dating event. After speaking with her at length by phone, Brian says he really liked the matchmaker and her business concept and wanted to help her promote the company. He relates that he almost backed out of filming after having second thoughts. Now, Brian is a part of the RHONY saga. He is a character that true fans of the franchise won’t forget. He is gobsmacked by the amount of friend requests he’s received on Facebook since appearing on the show and by the number of followers he has recently acquired on Instagram. He laments that it’s been hard to keep up.

“At the reunion, I think Carole will probably set the record straight about how things actually went down,” he speculates. This aligns with the rumors about the upcoming reunion. Bethenny fans will not be happy at the insinuations that she has been less than truthful. They will have to come to their own conclusions when Carole presents the “receipts.”

Brian says he remains in touch with Carole and I try to gauge if there’s romantic interest there, but I’m mainly unsuccessful. He says that he finds her fascinating, brilliant and accomplished and is still getting to know her.

As for Bethenny? “Oh no, I’m not in touch and I won’t text her. I would NOT want that to get misconstrued!”

Edited by weaver
  • Love 12
13 hours ago, AnnA said:

That's not true.   Fish doesn't have to smell fishy.  It depends on what kind of fish it was and how much of it was in the soup.   Google it.   You'll see that really fresh fish shouldn't smell.  It should have a slight odor of salt water or cucumbers.  

ETA:   We have lots of fishermen here on Long Island.   More than a few times I've been told that if I go to a restaurant and smell fish I shouldn't order it because it's not fresh.

I don't care how fresh fish is. I can smell it. I don't eat it.

• Love 10

"He says that he finds her fascinating, brilliant and accomplished and is still getting to know her."  Note to Bethenny, this refers to Carole, not you.   

She sure is aggressive, isn't she?

• Love 14
(edited)

I'm glad that RSG showed those texts.

Circumstances were certainly different than what she presented on this episode. The faces that she was making while she was reading the texts in the car, she was acting like she was disgusted with him, when she's the one trying to arrange lunch around HIS schedule!

I cannot believe a single word that comes out of that woman's mouth. Does Bethenny have any credibility left at all? 

Oh yes, something was very fishy during this episode, and it wasn't the soup.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 21
(edited)
10 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I see what you are saying and I don't think most have forgotten how awful Bethenny/Carole were to Jules or anyone else but instead are enjoying that someone is finally standing up to bully Bethenny because it hasn't happened before. As far as I am concerned, they, Bethenny/Carole, deserve each other. I am surprised though that you aren't as disgusted by Bethenny over how she treated Jules as you are Carole. IMO, Bethenny was far worse because she understands how that disease works and knows treating Jules like she/they did only made her eating disorder worse, which makes her ugly behavior far more egregious. 

As for the red scarf guy, Bethenny was all over Carole about him, mocking her, making her look like second choice before Carole finally snapped back at Bethenny. Carole kept telling Bethenny it wasn't "that deep", nothing for her to get upset about but Bethenny could not stop trying to destroy Carole over a guy she claims she had zero interest in. Which is exactly, IMO, what Bethenny does to everyone, call them names, age shame them, mock them, try to hurt them, try to diminish them so that she is always on top as the most desirable, more hip, more intelligent, more successful, more/better/best, well better than any on them in every single way. 

I agree with your assessment entirely. Bethenny came out of the gate trying very hard to let Carole know that he liked Bethenny FIRST, that Bethenny was the the one to turn HIM down, that he sucks and Carole is second choice. Just an awful thing to say to someone who is in the beginning of a relationship, who really likes a guy and is excited about some possibilities. Carole swiped back -I don't blame her- and Bethenny crumpled. As per usual. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 18
6 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Oh come on. He had significant on screen time with multiple wives. Not buying the "he's just a yokel who never even watches the show and had to be hand held through how reality tv shows work because he's so precious and innocent he has utterly no idea how this all works and is really a wide eyed innocent baby staring in wonderment at all the big sights in the big city" pitch that is trying to be sold. He was there for screen time. None of the women he was chatting up are worth the time other wise

There is not a soul in NYC who does not know what it means when you stumble (or run completely willingly) into a situation with the NYC housewives. 

44 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Geez, I wouldn't give "Red Scarf Guy" the time of day. NYC must be dry of quality men.

I wouldn't either but, trust me, there are much higher quality men around. He's a Housewife hound with enough intelligence to try to play himself off as something else.  More discussion that way. Dude has already had experience with the reality tv game? Yeah, not your typical NYC guy who randomly ended up in this situation. 

That said, I'm down with anything that gets Carole to move on from Adam. 

• Love 4
(edited)
18 hours ago, AnnA said:

That's not true.   Fish doesn't have to smell fishy.  It depends on what kind of fish it was and how much of it was in the soup.   Google it.   You'll see that really fresh fish shouldn't smell.  It should have a slight odor of salt water or cucumbers.  

ETA:   We have lots of fishermen here on Long Island.   More than a few times I've been told that if I go to a restaurant and smell fish I shouldn't order it because it's not fresh.

100% true. Fresh fish never smells or tastes fishy. My dad is a fisherman and always said that. Too-old scallops have a bleachy smell. Old chicken has a chickeny funky taste (especially in re-heated Chinese food). I totally get not smelling the fish in a fresh fish soup. My dad also used to make homemade gefilte fish, which is basically fish meatballs, and they didn't even taste like fish!

Fresh, delicious fish can taste like the ocean to me. Now I'm going to have seafood for lunch!

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 8
44 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

I'm glad that RSG showed those texts.

Circumstances were certainly different than what she presented on this episode. The faces that she was making while she was reading the texts in the car, she was acting like she was disgusted with him, when she's the one trying to arrange lunch around HIS schedule!

I cannot believe a single word that comes out of that woman's mouth. Does Bethenny have any credibility left at all? 

Oh yes, something was very fishy during this episode, and it wasn't the soup.

I used to really like her, she was my favorite all-time housewife, but she has changed so much since her success, or maybe she always was like that but her successes brought these ugly qualities to the surface. She's can be such a toxic person. Ramona was right all those years ago on the bridge, she cannot maintain long-term relationships.

• Love 11
(edited)
7 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Ps, your post wasn't all that long, it was interesting to read.

Hm, I’ve been thinking about this too. Why do I like some housewives, but not others? They’re all really pretty awful, dysfunctional people so why do I put some in the category of fun TV friend to have a drink with once a week and some in the category of BEC TV arch enemy? It’s a weird thing to have such strong and random opinions on people I’ve never met, right? So I can only come up with that for me (and likely everyone else) it’s pretty subjective. We can handle some types of awful and not other types of awful. That’s my way of saying we all have a right to our personal Housewife world, so Carole lovers, thank you for your valid opinions! Keep on, keeping on. Bethany fans, I’m with you. I still kind of like that fast talking pit of crazy.

As to why I go Bethany instead of Carole, I’m kind of coming back to what I said before about not being a super literal person and having a tendcy to remember more how conversations made me feel then the exact wording. I remember in Carole’s very first episode in her very first scene, feeling like she was smug and talked down to people. I don’t even remember why. I just remember that’s what I thought and that is often my impression of Carole. My impression of Bethany is closer to fucked up person who tries and gets it wrong most of the time. Maybe it’s the trying? I appreciate effort. I have no idea. But that was my impression of the Columbia dinner. Bethany was trying to just keep her mouth shut and roll with the weird vibe between her and Carole, but of course she blew it. Carole seemed smug and condescending right out of the gate. Is that accurate? Maybe, maybe not. It’s just how both of them make me feel.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 10
(edited)
8 hours ago, Kaia40 said:

Yes, yes and yes.  IMO.  To me, Carole was always very snarky in her thinking heads.  She would snark, then laugh.  It wasn’t funny .. it was mean, each time.  Carole married Royalty and it went to her head and stayed there.  She has to come back down to earth.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Higgins said:

I don't care how fresh fish is. I can smell it. I don't eat it.

Have a nice day, if you can.

58 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

100% true. Fresh fish never smells or tastes fishy. My dad is a fisherman and always said that. Too-old scallops have a bleachy smell. Old chicken has a chickeny smell. I totally get not smelling the fish in a fresh fish soup. My dad also used to make homemade gefilte fish, which is basically fish meatballs, and they didn't even taste like fish!

Fresh, delicious fish can taste like the ocean to me. Now I'm going to have seafood for lunch!

Thanks for adding your expertise.  People are usually very surprised to learn this about fish.

Enjoy your lunch!

• Love 6

I'm wondering how Bethenny can return to the show next year unless she demands that Andy cast a designated "friend" for her.  I wonder how Andy would handle the request under the current circumstances.  Bethenny must peddle the jeans, so she has a dilemma if he says no.  

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Have a nice day, if you can.

Thanks for adding your expertise.  People are usually very surprised to learn this about fish.

Enjoy your lunch!

That goes for beef and chicken too.  All should have no smell.  When in doubt, throw it out, I always say.

3 minutes ago, weaver said:

I'm wondering how Bethenny can return to the show next year unless she demands that Andy cast a designated "friend" for her.  I wonder how Andy would handle the request under the current circumstances.  Bethenny must peddle the jeans, so she has a dilemma if he says no.  

Beth still has Sonja.  Sonja is coming up in the world.  She’s now a sort of stripper in her act with Luann on the stage in the cabaret act, haha.

• Love 3

Obviously, if there weren't women behaving like idiots over men, a good number of show across platforms wouldn't exist. However, WTF with the fighting over Red Scarf? He wasn't all that and a bag of chips and seemed like a real player. I read the alleged texts and to me, it looked like something was missing between the trying to pin down a lunch date in Miami, to the speed dating aftermath. The loser clearly stated that he attended the speed dating event specifically because he assumed/hoped Bethenney was going to be there. How forced and "random" is that? 

I didn't think the guy spent any extra time with Ramona. It seemed like it was within the requisite 3 min. or so.  It was Ramona who was clearly trying to extend the encounter, such as interrupting his conversation with B to take a drink to him. Jumping into another party's taxi uninvited seems pretty desperate if you ask me, but this is Ramona we're talking about ... 

Even though it was a dig at Luann, I completely agreed with B's assessment that the guy was "Tom 2.0." Then, she should have dropped it because that statement sent a clear message and stood alone.  (That is about the extent of my condoning anything B says or does.)

If the guy likes Carole and vice versa, who GAF? I sincerely hope we've seen the last of him (although I'm sure we've haven't heard the last about him for the remaining few episodes.) For somebody who allegedly was gun-shy about reality TV, he seemed to really relish his 15 minutes of "fame."

Also, ITA that if a person has a food allergy, it is his or her responsibility to manage it, not the host, cooks/chefs, Bravo production or organizer of the trip. 

I didn't mind Carole's dress but felt it was out of place for a dinner out with the girls in a casual town in what I assumed was very warm and maybe humid? weather. I thought that from the top down, she looked like a madame in a Wild West brothel. The green feather earring was too much, though. I thought that the dress had been previously worn by Beyonce was just a joke, as well as Carole's response about it "fitting her ass." Even if that dress was made of 100% stretch material, there is no way that a dress that Beyonce wore would fit Carole well and vice versa. 

Dorinda's gladiator sandals were fugly and so past season.   I don't find her newest niche as sober shit-stirring very interesting. 

I have been marathoning past seasons and just saw scary island last week. I don't think the two situations even compare. I kind of liked Kelly, but she had an odd way of processing conflict and emotions and expressing herself. Bethenney, OTOH, is a bleeding heart and expresses rapid-fire without filter and with a forked tongue. Neither approach works and in both instances, each woman should have followed her gut and stayed home. (Although I know they had to go due to Bravo stipulations.) 

I guess I am a naive idiot, but I didn't take the SM guy's convo with Sonja seriously. I think he was beyond smarmy and sleezy and there is no way she would do out with him (I hope.) I think the guy was playing to the cameras. Sonja put it out there and instead of acting shocked or uncomfortable, he took the bait and ran with it.  I thought the way he grabbed her head was creepy though.

Yeah, Tin's flower arrangement was ugly but it was the thought that counts. I was just grateful that she didn't drop to the dirty floor and writhe around in glee.

• Love 5

m, I’ve been thinking about this too. Why do I like some housewives, but not others? They’re all really pretty awful, dysfunctional people so why do I put some in the category of fun TV friend to have a drink with once a week and some in the category of BEC TV arch enemy?

Because what we find entertaining to watch does not necessarily match what we would want around us in daily life. The housewife that I know instinctively that I could be friendly with? Heather. She's not that interesting to watch. Alex, when Alex was on the show... and she was kinda dull. But who do I like watching? Ramona, the crazypants trash panda of RHONY. Sonja. Sometimes Bethenny (she gets a lil shrieky) and honestly? I could never be around these women without smacking them.

• Love 8

Since all this drama with Red Scarf Guy was already filmed, what I want to know is, does any one on SM know if Red Scarf and Carole hit it off and are dating?  He did say he found her interesting on their three hour dinner.  What’s up with them, if anything?

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Kaia40 said:

It’s ok, it’s a good question. The only way I can explain it with an analogy is if you’ve ever had a friend that did some shady things but you forgave  them because they’re your friend and have so many other good qualities.. Not that I’m saying Bethenny’s my friend. lol. I’m a long time Bethenny fan and I think she’s said some terrible things to people.  I feel as though that’s the way Bethenny is but, Carole acts like she’s not a “mean girl” but she has been very mean as well.  Also, Bethenny did so much with the hurricane relief and I truly believe Bethenny has a good heart but she was raised in such a dysfunctional environment that she doesn’t know how to express her feelings.  Carole seems extremely self centered and cold.  Again that’s just my opinion and I respect your opinion too.  I like that everyone has different opinions. ?

Thanks for the explanation. 

• Love 1

Since all this drama with Red Scarf Guy was already filmed, what I want to know is, does any one on SM know if Red Scarf and Carole hit it off and are dating?  He did say he found her interesting on their three hour dinner.  What’s up with them, if anything?

I was under the impression that Carole was back with her precious Adam.

55 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Because what we find entertaining to watch does not necessarily match what we would want around us in daily life. The housewife that I know instinctively that I could be friendly with? Heather. She's not that interesting to watch. Alex, when Alex was on the show... and she was kinda dull. But who do I like watching? Ramona, the crazypants trash panda of RHONY. Sonja. Sometimes Bethenny (she gets a lil shrieky) and honestly? I could never be around these women without smacking them.

Since I’ve worked in the city, Union Square, to be exact, many many moons ago, and was all over the city, dining and shopping, etc. like so many others I presume, I feel a connection with the city and all these women on the show.  I feel like they are my friends in my head and would love to be in their company (except Jill Zarin) for at least one dinner.  I actually love all of them, even crazy Ramona.  They are typical New Yorkers.  Hustle, bustle, no makeup, loud, exaggerators,  smart, crazy, all of it.  I love New York and the N.Y. Housewives are the best.  Truthfully, Bethenny is a very big part of it all and Andy knows it.  IMO, of course.  Luann in the cabaret show was a smart move on her part.  She packs the house.  I could see being friends with her also.  My husband, who only likes sports and the History channel watches this show also and loves it too.  Lol.  I’m already sad that it will be over soon.  I’d love to know what’s going on with them now as I don’t partake in Instagram and all the other news.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Oh no.  That’s not good news.  I know it’s what she wants, but where will that get her in the long run?  Is Adam sincere or is he just using her?  Thanks for the heads up, Rap.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I feel like they are my friends in my head and would love to be in their company (except Jill Zarin) for at least one dinner.  I actually love all of them, even crazy Ramona.  They are typical New Yorkers.  Hustle, bustle, no makeup, loud, exaggerators,  smart, crazy, all of it.  I love New York and the N.Y. Housewives are the best.  Truthfully, Bethenny is a very big part of it all and Andy knows it.  IMO, of course.

So funny, all I could think when it first premiered is that every one of those women reminded me of my college roommates mothers.  In fact I believe Jill Zarin is a doppelgänger for one of their mothers.  They feel like NYC.  They sound like NYC.  None of them are some unique flower.  And they all live near their own tribe.  Tinsley going crazy about moving downtown is something my pals in the Midwest just wouldn’t get.  The fact that Carole lives in the hood where she lives is not an accident either.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

So funny, all I could think when it first premiered is that every one of those women reminded me of my college roommates mothers.  In fact I believe Jill Zarin is a doppelgänger for one of their mothers.  They feel like NYC.  They sound like NYC.  None of them are some unique flower.  And they all live near their own tribe.  Tinsley going crazy about moving downtown is something my pals in the Midwest just wouldn’t get.  The fact that Carole lives in the hood where she lives is not an accident either.

Years ago, downtown was considered shabby.  Now, it’s the “in” place to be and a celebrity haven.  The whole city was revamped.  When I go out of town to another state, I just open my mouth, and immediately they know where I’m from. Lol.

• Love 2
(edited)
39 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I don't know for sure but I don't think they're back together.     Carole just posted two pictures of her with two different men on her Instagram.  I doubt she would do that if she was back with Adam.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3
(edited)
13 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Beth really has a way of bringing out the mean girl in everyone. When she says, “Look at Carole’s outfit,” Sonja says, “Who dresses like that in Colombia, by the way?”

I'm probably in the minority here, but I love when they dress to the nines. Sometimes it's a miss, but when it's a hit, it's great! It gives me ideas when I sometimes create my clothes. There were actually some things I took photos of off of the tv screen from Atlanta - don't judge! I loved Katherine's risks on southern charm. They didn't always work but I appreciate the effort. And I liked seeing Carole in her crazy getups, walking down the street with the locals gawking at her. Lol lol. Who else but a Real Houswife, amiright?

came back to add, I thought the feather earring was cool! However, I thought Carole's parlor was off. Her skin looked waxy and gray and she needed some lipstick.

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Years ago, downtown was considered shabby.  Now, it’s the “in” place to be and a celebrity haven.  The whole city was revamped.  When I go out of town to another state, I just open my mouth, and immediately they know where I’m from. Lol.

Originally my sister took a red pen and outlined all the places I should stay the heck out of being 18 and an out of towner.  I still have the map and we laugh over the areas that are now gentrified and too expensive for most people.  Luckily the UES and the UWS will always remain.  And of course 'view of the park' says everything.  

• Love 5
12 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Did I miss something? Why was it Ramona's responsibility to ensure Bethenney's menu, or even Tinsley's that planned the trip?

Beth wanted her butt shot on the floor of the bathroom, imo. "Stars" and crews were so concerned. Not.

Just common decency. 

35 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

And I liked seeing Carole in her crazy getups, walking down the street with the locals gawking at her. Lol lol. Who else but a Real Houswife, amiright?

Who else?   Carrie Bradshaw.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Just common decency. 

Tinsley would not have known about Bethenny's fish allergy and Ramona barely remembers anyone else is in the room, let alone their allergies. It is each persons own responsibility to inquire what is in a dish they are being served at a restaurant or by the kitchen staff in a hotel/private house rental, especially in a city that is located next to the ocean/seaside. Bethenny is a seasoned world traveler, she knew better than to eat before asking.

• Love 11
On 7/18/2018 at 8:48 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Love the reaction shot of Ramona telling the chefs, “That’s how I look so ageless; I eat healthfully.” I know it’s the editing, but the editors always know how to amuse us. 

Ramona is a source of headaches for me with the constant strenuous eyerolls she elicits.  Who in the hell does she think she's fooling?!

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, straightshooter said:

Ramona is a source of headaches for me with the constant strenuous eyerolls she elicits.  Who in the hell does she think she's fooling?!

IKR? When she tells us how she is looking for a man who is intelligent, because she is so intelligent, or how she is so good at flirting, I want to throw something at the TV.  Her mother never told her that this was not a good look? You can be confident without boasting constantly. 

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

IKR? When she tells us how she is looking for a man who is intelligent, because she is so intelligent, or how she is so good at flirting, I want to throw something at the TV.  Her mother never told her that this was not a good look? You can be confident without boasting constantly. 

So annoying, tactless and just plain embarassing - especially when her self-serving statements are total falsehoods.  Ramona, we've seen you have a few procedures that might contribute to your self-described "ageless" looks. 

She'll also soon be attributing her "agelessness" to the skincare products she's hawking.  Gag.  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

Hm, I’ve been thinking about this too. Why do I like some housewives, but not others? They’re all really pretty awful, dysfunctional people so why do I put some in the category of fun TV friend to have a drink with once a week and some in the category of BEC TV arch enemy? It’s a weird thing to have such strong and random opinions on people I’ve never met, right? So I can only come up with that for me (and likely everyone else) it’s pretty subjective. We can handle some types of awful and not other types of awful. That’s my way of saying we all have a right to our personal Housewife world, so Carole lovers, thank you for your valid opinions! Keep on, keeping on. Bethany fans, I’m with you. I still kind of like that fast talking pit of crazy.

As to why I go Bethany instead of Carole, I’m kind of coming back to what I said before about not being a super literal person and having a tendcy to remember more how conversations made me feel then the exact wording. I remember in Carole’s very first episode in her very first scene, feeling like she was smug and talked down to people. I don’t even remember why. I just remember that’s what I thought and that is often my impression of Carole. My impression of Bethany is closer to fucked up person who tries and gets it wrong most of the time. Maybe it’s the trying? I appreciate effort. I have no idea. But that was my impression of the Columbia dinner. Bethany was trying to just keep her mouth shut and roll with the weird vibe between her and Carole, but of course she blew it. Carole seemed smug and condescending right out of the gate. Is that accurate? Maybe, maybe not. It’s just how both of them make me feel.

Thank you @FozzyBear for typing what I was thinking. You stated it much better than I could. While you are reading my mind would you mind to do some dusting in there? I think the cobwebs are taking over. Thanks!?

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, noveltylibrary said:

Just watched Before they were HW with Luanne, really cool! I need to know is this a new show? Have any of the other franchises had eps? Couldn't really tell on the Bravo site.

So far, Luann is the only HW they have featured!

• Love 6
On 7/21/2018 at 12:02 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Anyone notice that when Ramona announces, “Previously on the Real ...,” she says Housewifes?

I think when Mona is only a consonant off that should be considered a moral victory.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Tinsley would not have known about Bethenny's fish allergy and Ramona barely remembers anyone else is in the room, let alone their allergies. It is each persons own responsibility to inquire what is in a dish they are being served at a restaurant or by the kitchen staff in a hotel/private house rental, especially in a city that is located next to the ocean/seaside. Bethenny is a seasoned world traveler, she knew better than to eat before asking.

Tinsley I have no problem with. I didn't bring her up.

Ramona could go either way, I can see her forgetting it, but I can also see her not saying anything on purpose, thinking it wouldn't kill her. So, if she did know, and she smirked in her THs, I think it's messed up.

Yes, ultimately we are all responsible for ourselves, Bethany should have checked, but I don't personally think it should be an everyman for himself world.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Ramona could go either way, I can see her forgetting it, but I can also see her not saying anything on purpose, thinking it wouldn't kill her. So, if she did know, and she smirked in her THs, I think it's messed up.

I'm thinking that Ramona was just trying to be coy in her TH about it.   I hope she wasn't hoping to see an allergic reaction.  That is messed up!  If I was highly allergic to a certain food, I'd sure be asking the server what ingredients were in the dish they served me.  You can't be too careful these days!  

• Love 9
(edited)
23 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I'm thinking that Ramona was just trying to be coy in her TH about it.

Not to mention that the TH was filmed after they got back for Colombia when everyone was safe and based on the clip for the season, Bethenny neading a Benadryl isn’t that big of a danger as what they experienced on the boat.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 9