Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Why did I get the impression that Ramona didn't forget that Bethenny is allergic to fish?  Then, after the first incident, she puts her dirty fish dishes in front of Bethenny.  I just don't believe Ramona does  that stuff innocently.

Plus, Ramona says- as B takes the bite, “let me know what you think of the soup.”

The ONLY thing that has me second guessing is that Ramona is so self-absorbed, how would she remember the B is allergic to anything? 

• Love 17
5 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Maybe they've seen Romancing the Stone a hundred times like me.  Although I think "Joan" pronounced it Carta-hey-nuh.

"Is this the bus to Cartagena?"

• Love 11
26 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

My cable went out last night and I wasn't able to watch until this morning. I read through the comments and expected a completely different episode. Bethenny was a cow the entire time.

• Tinsley's way of assigning rooms is superior because it eliminates choice and makes it completely random. Plus the girls get a gift, which placates them.

I'm sorry, I have to speak up.  I can't deal with Tinsley being labelled a genius for the damn room-choosing, LOL!

It's not "completely random" in my opinion.  When the women went to each room, how was it decided which woman would open her Tiffany's box?  And if it was THAT easy to choose THAT order, it would have been just as easy to randomly choose rooms.

I guess the "genius" of Tinsley's plan is that she WAS doing a choosing of an order of women, when it came to who would open the box in what order, and she used the opening of the boxes as a way to distract the women from THAT.

But when I analyze it, I find it needlessly overcomplicated.  

• Love 5

Bethenny needs to take a chill pill.  Watching Carole dish it back at Bethenny is somehow rewarding, although I don't like either one of them very much.  So... next week's episode doesn't feature the boat ride from hell?  This trip is a three-parter?  It's too stretched out.  Some serious fashion missteps in this episode but that makes for interesting tv.

• Love 14
(edited)
35 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

It sucks that Bethenny accidentally ingested something with fish in it. It's scary to think that you might have to go to a hospital in a foreign country. However, I've only ever been sick enough to writhe on the floor twice in my life (a terrible case of food poisoning and the flu). Frankly a bed and a trashcan or a bucket is much better.

A lot of things I can't eat - milk, raisins, soy, eggs for example.  And there are things I can eat SOME of, but can't go above a certain limit.  I try very, very hard to keep track of what I eat, but when everyone doesn't speak the same language, it's hard.  Even worse, some people lie or make mistakes when they tell you ingredients.  I had a coffee place say they were using lactose free milk, but then they didn't (since that experience, I've never trusted a coffee shop to do it again.)  Some people really don't believe I have the food intolerances I do.  Some people think I can just "get over it" or I'm exaggerating.  Some people are obsessed with pushing their food onto you at work, and you have to say No a million times.  And, people often develop these food intolerances in adulthood, so I spent 18 years being able to eat whatever, and it was hard to get used to the change. Anyways, I've been sick like this many times.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 18
14 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I'm sorry, I have to speak up.  I can't deal with Tinsley being labelled a genius for the damn room-choosing, LOL!

It's not "completely random" in my opinion.  When the women went to each room, how was it decided which woman would open her Tiffany's box?  And if it was THAT easy to choose THAT order, it would have been just as easy to randomly choose rooms.

I guess the "genius" of Tinsley's plan is that she WAS doing a choosing of an order of women, when it came to who would open the box in what order, and she used the opening of the boxes as a way to distract the women from THAT.

Agree.  I didn't even understand the way they used the Tiffany boxes to select the rooms, frankly.  

• Love 6
(edited)
On 7/19/2018 at 9:22 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

@HunterHunted never said that Tinsley was a genius, just that her approach was superior.

rewatched: Ramona considered it ingenious (and pronounced ingenious correctly).

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 17
11 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Then flop onto the bed with a waste can or any other receptacle that can be thrown away.

Between the booze, antihistamines, and wrenching, she was too weak to walk and probably just sunk down.  A dirty floor isn’t even thought of at that point.  Better the floor than a cracked head.

• Love 13
(edited)
On 7/19/2018 at 10:20 AM, islandgal140 said:

OMG, why is it that when Carole was pushing Ramona down the street in the wheelchair I immediately thought of the scene in "What ever happened to Baby Jane" when Baby Jane pushed wheelchair bound Blanche down the stairs? Wishful thinking?

I liked Tinsley's room choice method. Hell, I love anything that prevents Ramona and Sonja usual asshole methods of trying to get the best room for themselves. If Ramona had tried that shit this time around, I would not have objected to one of the girls "sweeping the leg" Cobra Kai style. 

I loved the shade of green of Carole's earring but there was just too much of it. As for the outfit, not a fan but if you can afford it and have the body for it and it makes you feel good and sexy - you do you. My only real objection to it is I think Carole always chooses the wrong venue. This look is more suited for maybe a Fashion Week event in NYC or Paris, Met gala, maybe a fancy avante garde art exhibit or a more edgy awards show like the Grammys or MTV awards but for a night out with the girls on vacay? Just too much.  Same with the body tattoo suit. 

I am team no one. Hell, I am the bitch enjoying this fallout. Yup, I am that bitch! Knowing B, I knew it was only a matter of time and I have been anticipating this since they went all Gruesome Twosome many seasons ago. My only surprise is how nonchalant and blase Carole appears to be about the fallout. I think some part of B is upset that Carole is 'so cool' about it and managing to appear relaxed and enjoy herself while B is marinating in a misery partly of her own making, hence B being stuck on the whole 'it is not that serious' statement Carole made. 

I think it’s because Carole has many real friends. Beth has Teri in Florida. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 21
(edited)
1 hour ago, Jel said:

That's spot on, Shawnalanne. And it's like once Carole perceives a slight (real or imagined, and rightly or wrongly) she feels she now has carte blanche to go after the person, in perpetuity.  She also doesn't seem to feel the need to offer an explanation -- perhaps assuming the person knows what they did and did it to intentionally hurt her.  I think the adult thing to do is to officially end the friendship, not just emotionally ghost someone because you're pissed. It seems that is triggering Bethenny's abandonment issues.

The coldness has been going on for a while (personally, not a fan of that), but I saw contempt for Bethenny in Carole this episode.  I believe Bethenny had much more invested emotionally in Carole than Carole did in her. 

It reminds me of her issue with Lu. At first I was team Carole all the way, I mean for anyone to call someone a pedophile for dating a man in their 20s is ridiculous, but for Lu to do so, when she is so free sexually age wise, marriage wise etc. .., is  beyond believable. But four years later and Carole still seemed to feel the rage as fresh as if it just happened, and she sunk as low as ever with Lu until recently when according to Carole, Lu felt humility, which is an entire other issue. This thing with B seems to be once again about Adam, and her feeling embarrassed by B calling him an operator, which objectively he is coming across as.

As far as the contempt goes, I think she feels it for every other woman on the show. B's breakdown and their fight gives her an excuse to express it.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Yikes.   Again.   The parent who gives birth has precedent?  As much as I get the whole experience and of  pregnancny and giving birth, been there and done that, I just can't discredit the other fifty percent.  I'm done with this.

Been there done that too. And went through an ugly divorce. But never kept my child from visiting his father - until he tried for full custody. He lost, but still had visitation.  Now I don't know the particulars of B's "custody  battle". In the courts, as I understand it, this can also refer to visitation. As in shared custody. Meaning anything from 50-50, to one parent being the primary, with the other having time too. My son has been in a "custody battle" for 4 years. Having to spend alot of money(which he doesn't really have) just to get more visitation time. It drags on and on and is a constant source of stress for all involved. But here's the thing. Children need stability and calm. And they need two parents, The courts are coming around to realizing this. Not only do fathers have rights, but the child has a right to have a father. 

The fact that B is even on this show exhibiting her unstable behavior when she is in this battle mystifies me. She is supplying Jason with lots of ammo. I firmly believe she never really loved him. She wanted a child and a spin off reality show. She should have used a sperm bank. I don't think she ever loved anyone but herself, and Brynn. But she puts her own ego ahead of Brynn too. Surely she watches the show. How can she not see that she comes off as being mentally unstable? 

• Love 15
(edited)
12 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Good grief in the preview here comes Carole again in yet another cringeworthy (white) monstrosity. Does this woman not own a mirror?

What happened to all the jeans and t -shirts she used to wear? Did Adam take them ? I know some have questioned her fashion sense but lately it's been over the top ugly.

Eta: I know she wouldn't be wearing jeans a t shirt to dinner. But some simple and pretty would be welcome. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 8

I think Bethenny lost a lot of clout when her show with Fredrik went totally south.  Fredrik even said he probably wouldn't work with her again.  So the perceived influence Bethenny had with Bravo and maybe even Andy is I think gone.  This frees up the other women to treat B just like one of the castmates, not someone with power and casting influence.   Carole I think despises Bethenny and is clever enough to act in the way she knows will piss off Bethenny the most.   

I enjoy seeing Carole's outfits.  I think they look ridiculous on her, but it's fun to see them.  In the beginning, I think her edgy wardrobe was more organically achieved; she wore what was in her wardrobe.  Didn't she own vintage Ossie Clark?  Now I think it is quite calculated to look as eccentric as possible.  Loved the Gloria Swanson turban and 50's bathing suit outfit.  Did they say outfit number one was Alaia?  

• Love 24

Carole must be going through a mid-life crisis. She has never dressed so badly and tried so hard to look young and edgy. It all started when Adam dumped her and reduced her to a booty call. I think that break up really messed with her head. 

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, weaver said:

I think Bethenny lost a lot of clout when her show with Fredrik went totally south.  Fredrik even said he probably wouldn't work with her again.  So the perceived influence Bethenny had with Bravo and maybe even Andy is I think gone.  This frees up the other women to treat B just like one of the castmates, not someone with power and casting influence.   Carole I think despises Bethenny and is clever enough to act in the way she knows will piss off Bethenny the most.   

I enjoy seeing Carole's outfits.  I think they look ridiculous on her, but it's fun to see them.  In the beginning, I think her edgy wardrobe was more organically achieved; she wore what was in her wardrobe.  Didn't she own vintage Ossie Clark?  Now I think it is quite calculated to look as eccentric as possible.  Loved the Gloria Swanson turban and 50's bathing suit outfit.  Did they say outfit number one was Alaia?  

Wow, I didn't know that show hadn't done well. Never watched.

I do think it's funny that Carole seems so easy breezy about Bethany, while B seems to being losing her mind over the friendship ending.  I have no dog in the fight, both have annoyed me and made me laugh at different times. 

• Love 11
41 minutes ago, rhys said:

How did the room selection work? I guess i wasn't able to follow along.

I wasn't able to follow that, either. They all walk in to a room with their Tiffany blue boxes, only one of them gets to open the box and the name is on the necklace gets the room? I must be missing something. Whatever the game was, they all gave Tinsley great accolades for thinking it up! I can't help it, I like Tinsley. She's a fun girl, a nice girl. Especially compared to Bethenny. Tins is sunshine and Beth is the big dark rain cloud hovering and waiting to ruin everybody's good mood. 

• Love 18

Wow, that's alot to catch up on.....here's my random thoughts"

- Ramona having the bodega employee put her Ace Bandage on?  Don't ever change Ro. 

- When B said she was jealous of Tinsely, someone upthread posted for Beth to go ahead and do it.  She can't, she runs a business and has a child, neither of which Tins has.  

- I think the Artichoke pizza guy owns the Artichoke pizza mini chain in NYC.  Right?  (The vodka sauce pizza there is to die for)

- Luanne looked fabulous as Sofia Vegarra, and in my opinion nothing like a linebaker.  She's got a fabulous figure with the curves in the right places, none of the current NYHW's come close to her.  

- That house was nasty and grimy (like B said and evidence by Lu's feet) and I agree with the poster that thought even Tins hated it.

- Cute little Sonja getting a check off on her bucket list.  lolololo

• Love 11
3 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I respectfully disagree.  I had a co-worker who would be fine when she walked in the door each morning, then by the morning meeting she worked herself into a crying breakdown of what was going on in her life. 

OK  but that doesn't mean it can't "just happen" to someone too.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

- Ramona having the bodega employee put her Ace Bandage on?  Don't ever change Ro. 

LOL! I just realized you are right. For some reason, I remember it being a convenience store because of the NY Lottery sign in the window but I had a brain fart and thought medical supply. That store employee is better than me because I wouldn't be putting a bandage on some strangers nasty foot (even if it has a sock on it). 

• Love 6

I need to catch the full episode later, but my favorite scene right out of the gate was....

Luann watching Ramona's wheelchair antics whilst sporting an amazing pair of sunglasses and proclaiming with something bordering on disgust...

"She's such a pain in the ass."

TWICE.

Now I just need to see the rest of the episode.  

• Love 14

If Bethenny has a true allergy to fish then it is her responsibility to notify the staff and chef- preferably before the trip and again at arrival. 

Anyone with a severe allergy should always keep an epipen with them. 

The house in Cartagena was interesting, albeit a bit dirty, however, with a full staff and house manager all it would take is a discreet request to have the floors cleaned. 

Luann is fortunate that the mean girls club broke up ( AKA Bethenny and Carole), because they would be going in hard on her if they were still BFF’s.

Why are they trying to make Scott out to be some mysterious wealthy player? Those flowers were ridiculous and Scott and Tinsley are kind of a joke. 

Bethenny seems more like a high maintenance control freak than a confident strong woman. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

I’m sorry, there is no comparison between Scary Island Kelly and Columbia Bethenny.  Kelly went after Bethenny for everything from the very recent death of her father to her company....and it wasn’t just Scary Island.  Kelly had it out for Bethenny from her very first episode.

Bethenny will always be my favorite housewife.  This was not a good episode for her, but she knew going there that she was on the outs with Dorinda and Carole.  She’d said as much in her eattlier episodes. She cane there in defensive mode and Carole’s response to her about red scarf guy was cutting/nasty.  And I hope Carole feels like an ass when she sees that he was texting Bethenny non-stop.   I do think she thought she had a real friendship with Carole.  I remember seeing pics of Carole with her CA celebrity friends at Christmas Time and all I could think was that Carol was a total poser.  She’s in her mid-50’s and she was posting group photos with her BFF’s like a middle schooler.

Bethenny has never pretended to be something she’s not.  She’s tightly wound, emotional, crazy, funny, vulnerable and has a big heart.  I think she’s totally in love with Dennis and the fact that he can’t be committed to her probably feels awful...and I wish he could, because I like what I see in those two.  

And I really hope that Carole/Ramona/Dorinda understands that love her/hate her this show is not the same without Bethenny.

Good post ?

• Love 7