Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 7/16/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

"Judge" Pirro's voice is grating, but Meghan's is worse to my ears. It reminds me of Karen's on Will & Grace. Love Megan Mullally btw. She was very skilled at purposefully affecting that high pitched irritating voice. Meghan's is her natural voice, unfortunately.

That is it. @merriebreeze!  She is doing Megan Mulllaly.  Only she is not her.

• Love 5

I’ve seen a few clips of Judge Jeanine on YouTube and was unimpressed, but I don’t watch Fox so I wasn’t very familiar with her.  After watching a clip of her on today’s show, the only comment I can offer is “Yikes!”    

Good on Whoopi for giving her a can of “Whoop Ass.” 

• Love 20

What people like JP and Hannity don’t understand is that Trump is no “real friend” to anyone. He has no loyalty to others. So the time will come when JP will say something that offends him and he will go after her, hard. Expect him to come out swinging against her and add that she would of gladly gotten on her knees for him but he turned her down. 

• Love 22
7 minutes ago, mbutterfly said:

JP was apparently upset Ana was there. What fun!

To Trump's base, The View is disgusting propaganda (how dare a panel of women speak their minds!) and Joy is the number one person they hate. In their silly misspelled and over-capitalized blogs, they write headlines like "Republicans SCHOOL Crazy Joy Behar On The ViewII!" and "Meghan McCain Talks SENSE, and DESTROYS Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar!!!"

It makes sense that JP was upset Joy wasn't there. I'm guessing she had a whole script memorized targeting Joy.

It also makes sense that Joy decided not to be there and throw off the agenda.

I kind of love that JP had to go running to the mothership at Fox and tell Sean Hannity what a victim she was of those mean, horrible liberals on The View. Like lifelong Republicans Ana Navarro and Meghan McCain. Call the waaaaambulance!

• Love 23

Really - MM got off unscathed even if she was ignored and not acknowledged by JP. Not even a mention of her dad.

Except to cry out I am not a TDS  person. Also not acknowledged by JP in any way.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Kind of funny that the tweet JP writes talks about the "intolerant left" and shows lifelong conservative Republican Ana Navarro smirking at JP and her famous pointing finger.

Watching Ana Navarro evolve has been a beautiful thing. I also have a real life friend who has done a 180 in the last two years. It gives me hope that there are indeed thoughtful, intelligent people who are capable of listening to reason.

I was annoyed, though, when JP kept saying it was phony scandal that has produced nothing and no one brought up Flynn's guilty plea, plus Papdapolous,  etc. In fact there is so much evidence I could write a book. But someone should have been able to point out the incontrovertible facts. 

• Love 20
26 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

Really - MM got off unscathed even if she was ignored and not acknowledged by JP. Not even a mention of her dad.

Except to cry out I am not a TDS  person. Also not acknowledged by JP in any way.

Yes, has there ever before been a political guest, especially a republican, who didn't bother to mention Meghan's dad?  Usually that's a big thing. 

Pirro doesn't suck up to Meghan by praising her dad, then doesn't even reply when Meghan tries to make it seem like they're friends, "we worked together on Fox News for years." Pirro either didn't remember her or doesn't like her, because she had no response. 

THEN and best of all - Meghan tries to kiss JP's ass by gushing that she was on the "short list"  to become a supreme court justice.  JP, gives a long-winded "NO, I was not."   The look on Meghan's face was worth sitting through the rest of JP's crap.  

Pirro definitely had an agenda - she wanted to plug her book, then her show (she did say the name and the day it's on), but she did NOT want to play that "we know each other, we're friends"  with Meghan. 

• Love 14

Pirro says Whoopi screamed at her

from an interview she did with Sean Hannity: 

“When I went off the stage, Sean, I was walking down stairs, and I said something like ‘Whoopi I’ve fought for victims all my life.’ And she came at me and she said ‘F you’ in my face, literally spitting at me. ‘F you, get the F out of this building!’ And I said to her ‘did you just say that?’ And she said ‘that’s what I just said, get the F out of this building!.' And she was screaming at me and I’m walking out of the building like a dog who was just kicked off. So forget about what she did to me on set, which was horrific in itself but the treatment by Whoopi Goldberg is typical of what is going on in this country. The left, they invite you on to talk, they don’t let you talk, they throw you off the show and then they throw you out of the building. Once one of them does it, the rest are going to start doing it.”

…………………………………....

The source told The News that Pirro said “those c--ksuckers” as she removed her mic and walked off stage, saying that the segment was “exactly what she thought this was going to be.” As she walked backstage, Pirro pointed again at Goldberg and the two began fighting again.

• Love 8
(edited)

From Pirro after the show, acc to the account cited above : "The left, they invite you on to talk".... 

Yes, to talk, NOT LIE, LIE, LIE.   Sunny was on point with JP. 

I wish they would give MM one minute--one time only-- to summarize his base, since she's so bent on trying to Megsplain it to everyone, and then, never bring it up again.  Forget Time magazine. I love the posts above about Meggie writing an article/blog about the base, because we know her hubbie would do it for her, since he has experience  using other people's words as his own.  

It would also be nice if Meggie could talk once without using her over-used terms like tribalism, etc.  I'm exhausted. ;)

Also, how is the term, "Trump Derangement Syndrome" (which sounds like a descriptor of the mindset behind  his tweets), not an insult to liberals, similar to " deplorables" about his base?   Where is the outcry on that term?  

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 11

I guess I’m going to be in the minority but I didn’t like how the View acted towards JP. 

First of all, not only are these adult women, but they’re supposed to be professionals. I think a lot of people dismiss the View as a bunch of loud mouthed yentas, and displays like that don’t help things.

Second, and we’re doing this more and more these days, but I reject this notion that it’s okay to be bitchy, catty, and/or mean-spirited as long as people like you and you’re on the “right side”. Because with Whoopi and Ana and Joy, they have to know on some level that they can get away with a lot more because they dislike Trump.  Whoopi would not have gotten away with that kind of behavior if she was talking to a woman who was similarly situated politically speaking. And the reports that she got in JP’s face are terrible. Like she said, she’s a 62 year old woman. That’s no way to carry yourself, I don’t care who the person is. And part of me thinks if Trump ever came on their show, Whoopi wouldn’t keep that same energy.

Finally, I felt like the interview was more about making her defend Trump rather than about her position on certain topics. That’s unfortunate because JP is one of the few people on FOX who have skill set outside of reporting/political punditry. I’d rather listen to her than just another political operative-turned-TV-host.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, backformore said:

Yes, has there ever before been a political guest, especially a republican, who didn't bother to mention Meghan's dad?  Usually that's a big thing. 

Pirro doesn't suck up to Meghan by praising her dad, then doesn't even reply when Meghan tries to make it seem like they're friends, "we worked together on Fox News for years." Pirro either didn't remember her or doesn't like her, because she had no response. 

THEN and best of all - Meghan tries to kiss JP's ass by gushing that she was on the "short list"  to become a supreme court justice.  JP, gives a long-winded "NO, I was not."   The look on Meghan's face was worth sitting through the rest of JP's crap.  

Pirro definitely had an agenda - she wanted to plug her book, then her show (she did say the name and the day it's on), but she did NOT want to play that "we know each other, we're friends"  with Meghan. 

Jeanine clearly did not care for her and treated her accordingly.  It was pitiful how Megan was trying desperately to win her approval.    I don't think Jeanine gives a damn about her dad and I think that she hates Republicans who don't fall in line and follow 45. She is a true believer.  

• Love 16
50 minutes ago, Tosia said:

From Pirro after the show, acc to the account cited above : "The left, they invite you on to talk".... 

Yes, to talk, NOT LIE, LIE, LIE.   Sunny was on point with JP. 

29 minutes ago, 27bored said:

First of all, not only are these adult women, but they’re supposed to be professionals. I think a lot of people dismiss the View as a bunch of loud mouthed yentas, and displays like that don’t help things.

I think it's about time people like JP and Anne Coulter, et al are called on their BS lies.  People like this just reinforce the blatant untruths.

8 hours ago, mbutterfly said:

Especially now I learn JP was apparently upset Ana was there. What fun!

Ana is just great.  She is funny as hell.  She could replace Joy & I'd be quite happy.

7 hours ago, backformore said:

Pirro definitely had an agenda - she wanted to plug her book, then her show (she did say the name and the day it's on) 

Sure, she did why else go on this show.  She came on to be confrontational.  

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I don't think Jeanine gives a damn about her dad and I think that she hates Republicans who don't fall in line and follow 45. She is a true believer.  

I think she is an opportunist.  Trump isn't a true conservative.  He is just pandering to that wing of the Republican party.  I think JP just wants to be in with whoever is in power.  She said she had known him for 30 years and even said when she is in the Oval Office so it sounds like she has access.  But as much as she is kissing up to Trump I'm sure she will supporting the next Republican running for president as well.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I think she is an opportunist.  Trump isn't a true conservative.  He is just pandering to that wing of the Republican party.  I think JP just wants to be in with whoever is in power.  She said she had known him for 30 years and even said when she is in the Oval Office so it sounds like she has access.  But as much as she is kissing up to Trump I'm sure she will supporting the next Republican running for president as well.

She is an opportunist, but, she is also diabolical...

• Love 15

JP is similar to MM in that they are both enabling and complicit of the hateful racism, misogyny , and treason coming from Drumpf and his supporters. 

Power and greed rule them all. 

• Love 19
(edited)
56 minutes ago, jalady said:

A theory on the Whoopi/JP dust up: she came ready to use "Trump Derangement Syndrome" as a slam on Joy.  I say this because while I thought this was a MM phrase (and I should have known better than to think that idiot could have an original thought), I've heard it used twice in the past week on news shows by his defenders.  So, once Ana was there, it threw her because while Ana isn't a fan of his, she's not as extreme as Joy because Joy is a comedian.

So, since it was in her back pocket, she chose to use it against Whoopi.  Who then whooped her ass on national TV.  (See what I did there?). Couldn't have happened to a bigger asshole!

I think you're pretty spot-on because Whoopi just confirmed that Jeanine was, in fact, upset that Ana was there instead of Joy. So Jeanine definitely came wanting a fight with all of the ladies, but especially one with Joy. I wonder if this was intentional on the parts of the producers and even Joy to not risk the blow-up, which probably would've been much worse had Joy been there, so she took both yesterday and today off.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 14

I wonder if Ana and Tara are competing for Meh-gun's seat or if it's already decided that Tara will replace Meh-gun as the regular and Ana will replace Paula as the Friday-only (occasionally surprise visits on other days) co-host since she has to commute.

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I think you're pretty spot-on because Whoopi just confirmed that Jeanine was, in fact, upset that Ana was there instead of Joy. So Jeanine definitely came wanting a fight with all of the ladies, but especially one with Joy. I wonder if this was intentional on the parts of the producers and even Joy to not risk the blow-up, which probably would've been much worse had Joy been there, so she took both yesterday and today off.

That means the show wants to protect Joy from the likes of the crazy judge.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, WarnerCL45 said:

I think it's about time people like JP and Anne Coulter, et al are called on their BS lies.  People like this just reinforce the blatant untruths.

I’m not sure what blatant lies you think these women tell that must be aggressively rebuked, but my point is, it’s not really the time or place when that person is a guest in your show. I don’t think they take that same no-BS posture with guests they generally agree with, so it’s best to leave that to another forum, IMHO.

52 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

You mean responding angrily to a personal insult? As far as I'm concerned, Pirro began that behavior and she can't claim to be a "victim" in any sense. Not sure what you're talking about in regards to the other two, since Joy wasn't there and from what I've read, Ana was not involved in the argument over Pirro calling Whoopi "deranged" whatsoever, unless you count Ana giving Whoopi a hug at the end of the show.

I'll believe the reports of what Whoopi supposedly did behind the scenes when they come from a trustworthy source--not from someone truly deranged like Pirro, who would make it up to give herself more fodder to scream about the EVUL MEDIA. Actually, you know what, I wouldn't feel sorry for Pirro even if her assertions were true.

It’s not about feeling sorry for her, but that’s my point. Whoopi could’ve been totally out of line and people will excuse her because they don’t like JP. JP said she had Trump Derangement Dyndrome — which was also rude and why I don’t want this to come off as a defense of her — but it didn’t warrant Whoopi’s reaction. If anything, Whoopi kinda fulfilled that remark by flying off the handle. She can feel however she wants to about Trump, but like I said, she needs to address JP’s comments, not what she must believe in because she’s conservative, and save the Trump rants for, well, another part of the show. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I wonder if Ana and Tara are competing for Meh-gun's seat or if it's already decided that Tara will replace Meh-gun as the regular and Ana will replace Paula as the Friday-only (occasionally surprise visits on other days) co-host since she has to commute.

From your lips to ABC's ears.  ASAP. 

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

That means the show wants to protect Joy from the likes of the crazy judge.  

And maybe Joy just didn't want to deal with bat-shit crazy. 

There's no dialogue when someone won't answer questions, and touts extreme party lines, to obfuscate facts. 

• Love 22

If Pirro went off on the crew, cursing at them and the hosts, I'd say good for Whoopi for telling her off in no uncertain terms. Maybe things did get out of hand on the show (although if a talk show isn't the place to call out someone for their BS, I don't know what is), but a better person would have just left, not seek out the host to get in the last word and certainly not curse out the crew.

• Love 23
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Haleth said:

If Pirro went off on the crew, cursing at them and the hosts, I'd say good for Whoopi for telling her off in no uncertain terms. Maybe things did get out of hand on the show (although if a talk show isn't the place to call out someone for their BS, I don't know what is), but a better person would have just left, not seek out the host to get in the last word and certainly not curse out the crew.

She is going to milk this  and paint herself, as the victim, of the extreme, intolerant, left.  Joy not being there, really, set the hostile, tense environment.  It reminded me of when Omarosa came to the show and she was there to antagonize Joy, but, the thing is, is that Joy is not easily rattled. Had she been like Rosie O, they would have been able to get under her skin.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 14
5 minutes ago, Haleth said:

If they want the tongue bath, there’s Fox.  Otherwise, expect confrontation.

• Love 15

Of course JP was upset Ana was there instead of Joy.  As been mentioned by several posters the right loathes Joy and would love to see her taken down.  Meghan has tried many times and failed.  JP knew she couldn't go after Ana because Ana is a Republican and even though she doesn't support Trump she is still part of the Republican party.  I'm not sure JP initially thought OK I will just go after Whoopi or if the opportunity just presented itself and she went with it.  Regardless JP was going to walk away from that appearance acting like she was mistreated by the big bad lefties of ABC.  I was afraid ABC was going to apologize like they did after Whoopi and Joy walked off the set when Bill O'Reilly was there.

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Of course JP was upset Ana was there instead of Joy.  As been mentioned by several posters the right loathes Joy and would love to see her taken down.  Meghan has tried many times and failed.  JP knew she couldn't go after Ana because Ana is a Republican and even though she doesn't support Trump she is still part of the Republican party.  I'm not sure JP initially thought OK I will just go after Whoopi or if the opportunity just presented itself and she went with it.  Regardless JP was going to walk away from that appearance acting like she was mistreated by the big bad lefties of ABC.  I was afraid ABC was going to apologize like they did after Whoopi and Joy walked off the set when Bill O'Reilly was there.

I think the crazy judge treating the crew, the audience, the hosts and security like crap, precluded, any type of apology, from ABC.

• Love 18
(edited)
31 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think the crazy judge treating the crew, the audience, the hosts and security like crap, precluded, any type of apology, from ABC.

Sadly anyone that watches JP won't believe any story but hers.  And I'm sure Megan will keep her mouth shut.  Can't be badmouthing a fellow tribe member. 

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Yes, the report that she called them cocksuckers in front of the studio audience, puts her behavior over the top and negates any version where she is the victim.

Actually, I wonder if Pirro had talked on her Fox show about her upcoming appearance on The View, and said she planned to do battle with Joy.  I am certain that she has used "Trump derangement syndrome" to talk about Joy on her show.  But this is based on my dad's comments, he thinks Pirro is great, and he has a weird irrational hate toward Joy. 

• Love 15
(edited)
8 minutes ago, backformore said:

Yes, the report that she called them cocksuckers in front of the studio audience, puts her behavior over the top and negates any version where she is the victim.

Actually, I wonder if Pirro had talked on her Fox show about her upcoming appearance on The View, and said she planned to do battle with Joy.  I am certain that she has used "Trump derangement syndrome" to talk about Joy on her show.  But this is based on my dad's comments, he thinks Pirro is great, and he has a weird irrational hate toward Joy. 

I will never understand that hatred. My cousin hates her too.  Joy is very open-minded and is willing to speak to those who do not share her views.  I loved her HLN show, she used to be able to connect with conservatives. I loved how she connected with Paula on the view. Their banter was cute, during the time that Paula was trying to be a comic. Joy was so sweet and encouraging. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 22
7 minutes ago, backformore said:

1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

I will never understand that hatred. My cousin hates her too. 

I  think a lot of people who hate Joy have never watched the View and only know what people like JP say about her.

• Love 23
(edited)
4 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I  think a lot of people who hate Joy have never watched the View and only know what people like JP say about her.

That is my cousin. He has never seen the view. He just repeats the party line, Joy is bad, Rosie is evil.  I told him the truth about a lie that was said about Joy. He believed that Joy used to bully Elizabeth. I had to set him straight. He thought that Elizabeth was an idiot, but, still defended her because she was a conservative. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Sadly anyone that watches JP won't believe any story but hers.  And I'm sure Megan will keep her mouth shut.  Can't be badmouthing a fellow tribe member.  (I only saw the segment today of Whoopi telling us what happened so if Meghan did say something against the judge someone please let me know)

Even more than that, she'll want to stay on FOX's good side since they might be the only people who'd have her after The View (and I'm not even sure they'd take her back for several reasons that would be off-topic).

• Love 12
(edited)

Despite all the dust ups that Joy, whoopi, Ana, and even MM, I do hear them try not to categorize all democrats or all republicans (at least when talking about the voter...elected officials are fair game).and despite what JP  says, the panel often what will it take to change the mind, or to make them speak out against the lies, etc...they speak out against the politician more then the voter. There is at least attempt to understand the voter..no hatred toward them I see.

MM tries to speak like she represents and speaks for all GOP and trump supporters, but she doesnt.

Now I never hear Hannity or JP give Democrats or others the same benefit. IN fact JP called Democrats "Demonrats" on her show, and has anyone ever heard how she or Hannity treats  a guest on their show. I watched Hannity last night cause I wanted to see if poor JP played the victim. It was interesting when she said Ana was there and Hannity instantly said "did you call her fake news?" And yet they bitch about how they are treated!!

When Obama was in the WH Fox was always mad and yelling how he was destroying us and the constitution etc...but now they have the HOuse, Senate, WH and SCOTUS....why r they still yelling?

Edited by Poohbear617
  • Love 21