Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E13: Arrest and Relaxation

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Gam2 said:

I don’t hate her or love her. I’m just not blind to her short comings nor am I blind to her accomplishments. Whatever. 

I agree! Bethenny, like all of these women, is both good and bad. Her charity work is wonderful, her ability to tell the truth, not so much! LOL

• Love 13

We all like and/or dislike certain HWs for different reasons.    Some like Ramona because she's such a flake.   I don't really dislike any of them but I am starting to dislike Dorinda.   I like Bethenny because I enjoy her quick wit and smart ass remarks.  The truth hardly matters with the HWs because it's not real.   I don't believe everything any of them say, including Bethenny.   It's all an act for us........the audience. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Nantango said:

Dark circles/under-eye bags are also a result of sinus infections and smoking in addition to lack of sleep.  I had terrible ones while I was working and getting only five hours of sleep and also smoking.  When I retired, I got lasering under the eye, slept more, quit smoking, and Voila! white, tender, baby skin and no bags. I quit using all make-up because I did not need it. 

Holy spit!  You give me hope.  Still a little dicey on the sleep front, but I've been a non smoker for 12 years last month.

1 hour ago, snarts said:

Luann's rehab was not court mandated.  She went voluntarily. They didn't even suggest rehab.  The judge, at her initial arraignment, advised that she should refrain from drinking. That's not the same thing as ordering rehab. The original charges have all been either dismissed or reduced and Luann has accepted a misdemeanor plea deal wink and a slap on the ass, which will be finalized in July.

FTFY

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

I'm sure there are some who are envious and wish they had whatever advantages Bethenny had.   There are  also many who were handed grand slam home runs who don't think they have to work at all.   Bethenny deserves credit for what she accomplished.  I remember Bethenny trying to sell her muffins in supermarkets and in the park.  She didn't marry success.   She worked hard and she earned it.    Good for her!

You are sooo right.  I was going to say the same thing.  She baked in her stove all night and sold buy one, get three free in the supermarket .. even giving them away for free.  What about her Skinny Girl factory in Canada where Jason took her?  The bottling plant.  All her idea.  She’s a go-getter and hard worker and would have done these things without any pull.  It’s just in her to succeed.  She supports herself and doesn’t sit on her ass primping in the mirror and waiting for some guy to support her and mooch from.

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

I agree! Bethenny, like all of these women, is both good and bad. Her charity work is wonderful, her ability to tell the truth, not so much! LOL

All of them have flaws.  Who’s a drunk, who’s a tramp, who’s shit don’t stink, who’s a habitual liar, who’s a felon, who thinks she’s royalty, etc, etc.  None of them are perfect.  I actually think people are jealous of Bethenny because of her success, however she got there.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, AnnA said:

I'm sure there are some who are envious and wish they had whatever advantages Bethenny had.   There are  also many who were handed grand slam home runs who don't think they have to work at all.   Bethenny deserves credit for what she accomplished.  I remember Bethenny trying to sell her muffins in supermarkets and in the park.  She didn't marry success.   She worked hard and she earned it.    Good for her!

While I agree with others that Beth had connections and essentially was born on third base, I agree with you on her accomplishments standing alone.  Plenty of people are born to celebrities, to wealthy people, and don't end up being a successful entrepreneur.  While I don't really think her products are THAT revolutionary -- diet products have been around forever -- she came up with a clever name, clever logo, the "Skinny Girl margarita" and went with it and made tremendous money with a great idea. She also successfully used her personality to help build that brand and other ventures.  Her humanitarian efforts should be commended.

My problem with Beth is that because of this massive success, she seems to think she knows everything about everything.  I liked Beth better when she had some humility.   

• Love 9

Hey gang! Please remember that everyone is allowed to have their own opinions on a particular housewife and that’s OK! You’re not going to change anyone’s mind so please don’t snark on the fans of any housewife or haters of any housewife. Your mods thank you!

• Love 13
On 7/1/2018 at 12:47 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

I’m watching “London Calling” now. Dorinda says that at first she was petrified about returning to London because she thought it would stir up all these memories of Richard. 

Also in the previously’s, she says that she hasn’t been to London since before Richard died.

Maybe she lived in London with her first husband, but also vacationed there or travelled with Richard on his business trips there?

eta: Dorinda just said that she and Richard used to come to London every two months.

I believe her first husband and she lived there for a years.  I even think Hannah was born there.

I swore she said at one time that Richard lived in London seperate and apart from her which is why they both liked to go back so often but no clue where I even got that from 

• Love 5

Even if Luann’s rehAb wasn’t court mandated the prosecutors most likely asked for evidence that she attended as part of her plea deal. There is no way her lawyer would be okay with her telling everyone she went to rehab if she didn’t. 

• Love 13
(edited)
On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 5:10 PM, KungFuBunny said:

You never know which Dorinda you're going to get when she drinks, she went nuts on Luann about the cake her mother baked for her birthday, she went nuts on Heather for walking into the restaurant ahead of her. When Dorinda is mean - she is SUPER viscous.

In the upcoming scene, I felt so bad for Luann - she really hurt her.

To me, more bitchy than the comment about the mugshot, was the one she made about Luann getting married again.  Dorinda will cut you.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 11
On 6/30/2018 at 7:19 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Ramona gets trapped in an elevator in a future episode. Does the cameraperson just stand there filming it?

Awww... I love my Ramona

FreeFloatyNoodle!

anigif_optimized-5028-1432597744-12.gif?

Why does Ramona go nuts on the hammock? She's twitching like a mouse crawled up her dress

• Love 6

I have never liked Bethany.   JMHO I don’t like people who say hurtful things as jokes.   I find her sense of humor so mean spirited at times.   Maybe it’s because even as a kid my parents taught us it was not ok to say something funny that was hurtful then saying “just kidding “.   And I am not jealous of her at all.    She does have nice clothes    

Sonya has been looking so good this season.  She was especially pretty in her nightgown and her crest slippers.  Wish Dorinda would let that one go.       

• Love 11
1 hour ago, ryebread said:

To me, more bitchy than the comment about the mugshot, was the one about getting married again.  Dorinda will cut you.

I couldn't hear what Luann said to Dorinda that set her off.

Dorinda's reactions to things said are always disproportionate. There seems to be a paranoia element to the way Dorinda perceives things - everything is a slight.

Her motherhood, her mother, Hannah and Richard are triggers.

You can give her a nudge and she'll react by taking a machete to cut your jugular.

Then she never really takes responsibility - yes she'll say she is sorry but then she'll justify her behavior by saying she didn't take a nap, she was jet lagged, it was a long day, too many martinis.

I'm not a Luann fan, I love her for the show, but I really felt bad for her when Dorinda went off - Luann seemed to have been wounded to her core.

• Love 15

I assumed Dorinda was talking about the time she was at the Regency (of course!) and attacked a man with her shoe while, I presume, in one of her drunken rages.

It's okay to assault someone with a shoe, but you best not put the image of a deer on one!

She lost both polls - one to Sonja and she got crushed by Bethenny in the other one.    

Actually, Sonja was the one who crushed it, as she won by a bigger margin than Beth did.

I see this all the time, but they are not fixed.

There was an episode of WWHL about a year or so ago where the poll results were put up before Andy even started to read the question. So, at least in that one instance, there was some kind of manipulation going on.

Bethenny was sporting some major dark under eyes.  She actually looks like something isn't going right in her life.

The loads of bitterness, Adderall, and diet booze are taking their toll.

Dorinda will cut you.

...when she's not cutting herself.

• Love 9
(edited)
53 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Dorinda's reactions to things said are always disproportionate. There seems to be a paranoia element to the way Dorinda perceives things - everything is a slight.

You can give her a nudge and she'll react by taking a machete to cut your jugular.

Then she never really takes responsibility - yes she'll say she is sorry but then she'll justify her behavior by saying she didn't take a nap, she was jet lagged, it was a long day, too many martinis.

I'm not a Luann fan, I love her for the show, but I really felt bad for her when Dorinda went off - Luann seemed to have been wounded to her core.

I just watched the preview 3 times and couldn't hear what LuAnn said either.   I'm assuming it will be obvious when the episode airs.

I couldn't help laughing at Carole's earrings. She looked ridiculous.

39 minutes ago, jaync said:

Actually, Sonja was the one who crushed it, as she won by a bigger margin than Beth did.

I couldn't find that one or see the results which is why I didn't comment on the numbers.    I did find the other one and when I voted, it was 70 something Bethenny to 20 something Dorinda.    If Sonja beat Dorinda by more than that, it had to be an epic landslide.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, jaync said:

It's okay to assault someone with a shoe, but you best not put the image of a deer on one!

There was an episode of WWHL about a year or so ago where the poll results were put up before Andy even started to read the question. So, at least in that one instance, there was some kind of manipulation going on.

The loads of bitterness, Adderall, and diet booze are taking their toll.

...when she's not cutting herself.

Lol. That's Big Brother levels (of producer shenanigans).

1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

So true, and that's often after she has attempted to blame the other person for her own reaction. 

• Love 8

If Sonja beat Dorinda by more than that, it had to be an epic landslide.

Sonja won 80/20, Frankel 70/30.

Lol. That's Big Brother levels (of producer shenanigans). 

Yeah, it was totally an "oops" moment.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, jaync said:

Sonja won 80/20, Frankel 70/30

Thanks!    That was an epic landslide.    No wonder Dorinda looked so unhappy.    

Hopefully, she'll take it to heart and realize her drunken rages are not an endearing trait.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, sasha206 said:

While I agree with others that Beth had connections and essentially was born on third base, I agree with you on her accomplishments standing alone.  Plenty of people are born to celebrities, to wealthy people, and don't end up being a successful entrepreneur.  While I don't really think her products are THAT revolutionary -- diet products have been around forever -- she came up with a clever name, clever logo, the "Skinny Girl margarita" and went with it and made tremendous money with a great idea. She also successfully used her personality to help build that brand and other ventures.  Her humanitarian efforts should be commended.

My problem with Beth is that because of this massive success, she seems to think she knows everything about everything.  I liked Beth better when she had some humility.   

Bethenny has always been a smart ass, and I like her funny quips, for instance “raised by Wolves”.   To tell the truth, I tried her Skinny Girl margarita and did not like it.  It was very perfumey.  But, I bought her SG non alcoholic drinks, and I loved the “strawberry/lemonaid” drink and kept buying them.  Sure enough, as Hunter stated, they must have stopped making it as I can’t find it anywhere anymore.  What happened?  Something good always gets discontinued. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I think they all lie to some extent, especially Ramona and Sonja.  You sort of just accept it after awhile.  Even Carole.  I think she lies about Adam when she PRETENDS she doesn’t care.  Bull .. bet she loves him.  Bethenny probably doesn’t even know she’s lying .. her mind is going a hundred miles per minute all the time to realize it.  She’s got a million works in the fire at all times. Lol.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Jel said:

So true, and that's often after she has attempted to blame the other person for her own reaction. 

I like Dorinda - but she is SUPER slick

She is too volatile - and she doesn't even need to be drunk to lash out. She just projectile vomits extreme hatred

I'm sure after the fight with Luann, the next day she'll say I'm sorry...you're a nice person, I'm a nice person, I should have just walked away and taken a nap. Let;s move forward.

• Love 10

4 hours ago, ryebread said:

To me, more bitchy than the comment about the mugshot, was the one about getting married again.  Dorinda will cut you.

Vicious while foaming at the mouth.  Wouldn’t trust her with a ten foot pole.  I just love when she says she’s a nice person.. pfitt.

23 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I like Dorinda - but she is SUPER slick

She is too volatile - and she doesn't even need to be drunk to lash out. She just projectile vomits extreme hatred

I'm sure after the fight with Luann, the next day she'll say I'm sorry...you're a nice person, I'm a nice person, I should have just walked away and taken a nap. Let;s move forward.

Until the next time.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

I have never liked Bethany.   JMHO I don’t like people who say hurtful things as jokes.   I find her sense of humor so mean spirited at times.   Maybe it’s because even as a kid my parents taught us it was not ok to say something funny that was hurtful then saying “just kidding “.   And I am not jealous of her at all.    She does have nice clothes    

Sonya has been looking so good this season.  She was especially pretty in her nightgown and her crest slippers.  Wish Dorinda would let that one go.       

Exactly.  Dislike ≠ jealousy in every case. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

This really does seem to be the case, and imo, will always be exacerbated by alcohol.  Unfortunately, we seem to rarely see these women when they aren't consuming alcohol, which of course is the main ingredient in the Bravo recipe for ratings.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Exactly.  Dislike ≠ jealousy in every case. 

That's true.      It's also true that saying it over and over and over again gets tiresome and changes nothing.   

14 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

This really does seem to be the case, and imo, will always be exacerbated by alcohol.  Unfortunately, we seem to rarely see these women when they aren't consuming alcohol, which of course is the main ingredient in the Bravo recipe for ratings.

I'm waiting to see one of the HWs call Dorinda out for her drunken episodes.   So far the only one who had the balls to do it was Bethenny 

• Love 5

Bethenny probably doesn’t even know she’s lying .. her mind is going a hundred miles per minute all the time to realize it.

I don't think I've ever heard that excuse for lying before. Wouldn't that make her a compulsive liar?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

I think they all lie to some extent, especially Ramona and Sonja.  You sort of just accept it after awhile.  Even Carole.  I think she lies about Adam when she PRETENDS she doesn’t care.  Bull .. bet she loves him.  Bethenny probably doesn’t even know she’s lying .. her mind is going a hundred miles per minute all the time to realize it.  She’s got a million works in the fire at all times. Lol.

There is no way she didn't know she was lying, none. This is a woman that cultivated the poor pitiful abuse neglected child raised by wolves scenario as her history/story when that wasn't the truth, not even close. Bethenny has a carefully crafted narrative about herself, she is either the victorious warrior coming to others rescue/fighting her way to the top in business or she is THE victim of all victims that everyone is out to get. There is no middle ground with her, it is either/or and that's it.

• Love 13

OT - so salty - I cleared my cookies off of Chrome, had to re-sign in to PT, and because it won't connect to twitter - I had to start a new account :( Using the same image, so previously "BodhiGurl" - now "BG-RealityBabbler" LOL :) . Maybe starting fresh is a good thang...

• Love 6
4 hours ago, AnnA said:

Carole’s earrings looked ridiculous.

You mean Carole’s one earring?  It looked like it was just one earring.  Must be an “edgy” downtown look.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

No alcohol at the reunion.  Damn .. no Jersey antics, lol.   You mean they will actually behave like real ladies?

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

You mean Carole’s one earring?  It looked like it was just one earring.  Must be an “edgy” downtown look.

The green one?   I thought it could have been a feather duster or maybe part of a fern.

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

There is no way she didn't know she was lying, none. This is a woman that cultivated the poor pitiful abuse neglected child raised by wolves scenario as her history/story when that wasn't the truth, not even close. Bethenny has a carefully crafted narrative about herself, she is either the victorious warrior coming to others rescue/fighting her way to the top in business or she is THE victim of all victims that everyone is out to get. There is no middle ground with her, it is either/or and that's it.

She exaggerates.  Lots of people do.

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, BG-RealityBabbler said:

OT - so salty - I cleared my cookies off of Chrome, had to re-sign in to PT, and because it won't connect to twitter - I had to start a new account :( Using the same image, so previously "BodhiGurl" - now "BG-RealityBabbler" LOL :) . Maybe starting fresh is a good thang...

Say what?  .. Got it, lol.   It’s all so technical. 

35 minutes ago, AnnA said:

The green one?   I thought it could have been a feather duster or maybe part of a fern.

36 minutes ago, AnnA said:

O.k.  Your name now is officially Bethenny Frankel, Jr. and you’re a Smart Ass.  Lmao.  Too much today.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, BG-RealityBabbler said:

ha ha - this time around I set up a login name and pw vs using twitter or facebook so it shouldn't happen again. Fingers crossed. Lawd... technology... :P

I’m eating my cookies right now .. Oreos.  Lol.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

O.k.  Your name now is officially Bethenny Frankel, Jr. and you’re a Smart Ass.  Lmao.  Too much today.

? Yes.  Yes I am.    Thank you. ?

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2
On 6/30/2018 at 10:22 AM, lezlers said:

Oh man, I am NO fan of Carole this season but I'm with her on the yoga thing.  I've always hated yoga, I've found it has the opposite effect on me.  Instead of feeling peace and calm it makes me really anxious and irritable.   So I totally understand what she's saying.  Yoga doesn't feel like "exercise."   I'm much more relaxed after a super hard workout that exhausts me than I would be after an hour of yoga.  

You need to try a different style of yoga if it didn't feel like exercise. Gentle or Hatha isn't going to be about much other than stretching and mediation, which is still great.

On 6/30/2018 at 3:22 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

After all this talk, I went to a yoga class today just to see.  The actual moving around part was fine, but having someone yammering at me about centering my mind and taking my space in the world does nothing for me, and I was mainly thinking it was time that could have been spent doing more moving around.  I think what I need is "mindless yoga."  Actually, pilates is kind of like that--intense concentration on what your body's doing, but without the gong.

There are many different styles of Yoga and I personally can't take that type of class either. Try a Vinyasa class - very little of that (unless the teacher stinks) and it should be extremely challenging. Lots of physical poses that can take years to manage. Heated Vinyasa even more so. All styles have something to offer of course, but Vinyasa is your best bet for lots of movement.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

And she has them indifferent colors!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Otherkate said:

You need to try a different style of yoga if it didn't feel like exercise. Gentle or Hatha isn't going to be about much other than stretching and mediation, which is still great.

There are many different styles of Yoga and I personally can't take that type of class either. Try a Vinyasa class - very little of that (unless the teacher stinks) and it should be extremely challenging. Lots of physical poses that can take years to manage. Heated Vinyasa even more so. All styles have something to offer of course, but Vinyasa is your best bet for lots of movement.

Eh, some people just aren't yoga people.  I've been to many yoga classes throughout my life.  I've never liked it.   I exercise for the endorphins.  I've never gotten an endorphin rush from yoga.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, bagger said:

And she has them indifferent colors!

Yes she does.    Don't you think the green one was an interesting choice?

We have to entertain ourselves for the next week and half so we can play...

...caption this

carole feather duster.jpg

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Reality police said:

I see they used the same doctor for their lips.

This picture really shows that she got carried away with the filler....

carole feather duster.jpg

• Love 4
On 7/1/2018 at 1:40 PM, ButterQueen said:

I think Carole is exactly who she appears to be, and I really like her.  To me, she is the only one living and showing her true self. She doesn’t get sloppy drunk, she doesn’t get into screaming matches, she has manners, and she gets along with basically everyone.  

I like her, too. I really love that we have never seen her drunk. She is reasonable and kind. Her THs don’t bother me at all. If she is occasionally snarky, I interpret it as her being a little playful and we are not to take it too seriously. 

• Love 9
(edited)
On 7/1/2018 at 7:10 PM, AnnA said:

We all like and/or dislike certain HWs for different reasons.    Some dislike Bethenny Ramona because she's such a bitch flake.   I don't really dislike any of them but I am starting to dislike Dorinda.   I like Bethenny because I enjoy her quick wit and smart ass remarks.  The truth hardly matters with the HWs because it's not real.   I don't believe everything any of them say, including Bethenny.   It's all an act for us........the audience. 

If this is all scripted and none of it real at all then why dislike Dorinda? She is just following her own script.

Why should anyone like Bethenny if she is scripted and if she is not real or truthful? Or any of the housewives for the same reason? Bethenny Frankel playing Bethenny?  As opposed to Bethenny Frankel just being Bethenny?

Just like Dennis Shields playing Dennis the diaper wearing dude in "The Girlfriend Experience"?

I understand Dorinda being disliked because she is a " mean drunk", I would hope that others can understand my dislike of Bethenny because she is mean sober?

Just my opinion.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 11