Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 6/25/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

26 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I have absolutely no problem with the restaurant doing this - in theory.  But, this is red meat to Trump's base.  Standing on principle is a wonderful thing, but is the owner willing to lose his business over it?  It's this type of issue that will drive them to vote in the midterms.   And although Sarah Huckabee Sanders broke the rules by striking back via her WH account, she will never be punished and the owner of the restaurant will.

This is what makes her all the more brave for doing so.  I have seen relationships falling apart in the past week on my Facebook page. This is a turning point. I fear what comes next. 

• Love 15
(edited)

Like I posted last month, I think it was: that miserable entitled twat done broke me. I deleted all of last week's episodes based on just what I read here. But I did watch yesterday's show, and with regard to Whoopi's and others' Kumbaya attitude, they can take several seats. When there is injustice or discrimination or racism, etc., Joy and Whoopi get all up in arms, demanding what can be done? What can we/they/people do? And then when there's an example of how one restaurant owner chooses to deal with a LYING LIAR WHO LIES and who she (the owner) believes is disrespectful and thinks there is no such thing as separation of Church and State and takes pride in 45's lack of respect for the Office of the President (as Sunny pointed out) they're clutching their pearls. And as for the sign in the window? Please. The owner wasn't telling Huckabee Sanders, or rather, asking her to leave because she's a Republican; it's because of who she is, the lies she spreads and just who she works for.  And you know what, Whoopi? I've been to several restaurants where there are signs that state they can refuse service to anyone they want to. So there are signs. Now specifying along political affiliations alone, well, that would be wrong. 

And shut up, Sara. What happened to Huckabee Sanders,  who's looking more and more like The Joker wasn't discrimination. Thank you, Sunny, for not caving. 

I was all set to cheer for Whoopi when it looked like she was shutting Meghan down, and that twat kept screaming, trying to get in her words.  But alas, it was to tell everyone that Rep. Waters was live and gone viral.

And sorry Whoops. Just because you've picked up the wrong article of clothing, doesn't mean Melania did the same. She's very particular about how she dresses. And what she's going to put on is decided the night before, not at the last minute, as it does for you; as you've shown everyone who watches you.

And that's all I have in me to write. Oh! Wait! Yes! I LOVED that dirty look Joy had on her face after Twat told her she could come to Montana and visit her. Joy laughed, turned her head to her right, the camera zoomed in, and girlfriend wasn't smiling. Then when she turned back to that twat that likes to pet her hair, the smile was back on.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 22
37 minutes ago, backformore said:

About the restaurant not wanting to serve Sarah Sanders, I think it had to be seen from the perspective of the employees of the restaurant, and their discomfort serving people who don't care about them. There was a story about ICE agents eating at a restaurant, and after their meal arresting some immigrants who worked in the kitchen.  This is similar. The employees at the Red Hen were not wanting to cater to someone who is the face of the administration that cares so little about them.  Imagine feeling outraged at the images on the news of immigrant children, feeling outraged at discrimination against LGBTQ  people, and the having to put on a smile and serve someone who represents the oppressors. The owner asked them to leave because the alternative was to demand that the wait staff be upset.  I agree with Sunny that the owner was brave. There is a difference between discrimination against a protected class, and not wanting to make your employees wait on those who oppress them .

Would it have made Sarah Huckabee Sanders feel better if the owner had told her she would rather not serve her because it goes against her political beliefs to serve someone who knowingly lies for a living?  After all Sarah's father supported a woman who refused to do her job based on her religious beliefs.

39 minutes ago, backformore said:

When Meghan asked Sunny if she would feel uncomfortable going out with some of Meghan's family, Sunny's face said, "why in the world would I want to?"

Sorry to break it to you Meghan but millions of people choose to not be friendly with people that don't share their political beliefs.  One of my best friends is a Republican but when we have dinner we do not discuss politics.  But to be fair we were friends before politics became a blood sport.  Today I would not make a new friend who had the opposite views than me.

• Love 21
8 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I have absolutely no problem with the restaurant doing this - in theory.  But, this is red meat to Trump's base.  Standing on principle is a wonderful thing, but is the owner willing to lose his business over it?  It's this type of issue that will drive them to vote in the midterms.   And although Sarah Huckabee Sanders broke the rules by striking back via her WH account, she will never be punished and the owner of the restaurant will.

Have to agree.  I don't know what they hoped to gain.  

• Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I have a feeling that people will go out and support that restaurant. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 22
14 minutes ago, backformore said:
46 minutes ago, WarnerCL45 said:

Have to agree.  I don't know what they hoped to gain.  

Sometimes standing up for a principle can be its own reward.

I'm not sure it's worth the grief it will cause to their staff.  It may have the opposite effect.

12 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I have a feeling that people will go out and support that restaurant. 

They will have to dodge the eggs, but good for them.

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Like I posted last month, I think it was: that miserable entitled twat done broke me. I deleted all of last week's episodes based on just what I read here. But I did watch yesterday's show, and with regard to Whoopi's and others' Kumbaya attitude, they can take several seats. When there is injustice or discrimination or racism, etc., Joy and Whoopi get all up in arms, demanding what can be done? What can we/they/people do? And then when there's an example of how one restaurant owner chooses to deal with a LYING LIAR WHO LIES and who she (the owner) believes is disrespectful and thinks there is no such thing as separation of Church and State and takes pride in 45's lack of respect for the Office of the President (as Sunny pointed out) they're clutching their pearls. And as for the sign in the window? Please. The owner wasn't telling Huckabee Sanders, or rather, asking her to leave because she's a Republican; it's because of who she is, the lies she spreads and just who she works for.  And you know what, Whoopi? I've been to several restaurants where there are signs that state they can refuse service to anyone they want to. So there are signs. Now specifying along political affiliations alone, well, that would be wrong. 

And shut up, Sara. What happened to Huckabee Sanders,  who's looking more and more like The Joker wasn't discrimination. Thank you, Sunny, for not caving. 

I was all set to cheer for Whoopi when it looked like she was shutting Meghan down, and that twat kept screaming, trying to get in her words.  But alas, it was to tell everyone that Rep. Waters was live and gone viral.

And sorry Whoops. Just because you've picked up the wrong article of clothing, doesn't mean Melania did the same. She's very particular about how she dresses. And what she's going to put on is decided the night before, not at the last minute, as it does for you; as you've shown everyone who watches you.

And that's all I have in me to write. Oh! Wait! Yes! I LOVED that dirty look Joy had on her face after Twat told her she could come to Montana and visit her. Joy laughed, turned her head to her right, the camera zoomed in, and girlfriend wasn't smiling. Then when she turned back to that twat that likes to pet her hair, the smile was back on.

I replayed this several times and what I saw was Joy gave MM a dirty look and the camera caught it, then Joy realized camera caught it and then was the laughing/smile, it was a "I got caught laugh and  IDGAF laugh".  I know that laugh....I've done that laugh.  :) 

• Love 10

Whoopi, Sara, and Meh-gun all said Maxine Waters called for harassment. I listened to both clips they played of Waters on the show and nowhere in EITHER OF THEM did she ever suggest "harassment." F*** each and every one of them for aiding and abetting that kind of misinformation.

I can understand where Joy is coming from though, even if I disagree with her.

• Love 17

Why are these jackasses still comparing harassing private citizens to protesting political figures? 

I don't think any of their opinions(minus Sunny) is really about civility(gag) but about their own personal issues with dealing with twitter trolls and crazies on the street. Get over yourselves you are tv personalities. 

Now "both sides" has infected the entire table. jfc

• Love 17
(edited)

Shut up Joy, Whoopi and Sara. Maxine Waters wasn't calling for anyone to commit any acts of violence against Trump supporters, nor those in his administration. Thank you, Sunny, for pointing out that protesting is our constitutional right. For Sara to say this kind of rhetoric doesn't help either side is wrong because Maxine Watters wasn't asking anybody to do anything harmful or illegal. And isn't Joy the one who constantly "jokes" that when they go low, we go lower? I don't think playing soft ball is gonna win any elections for the democrats at this point. It's obviously not about a call for violent acts against Trump supporters or those who work in his administration but playing nice clearly doesn't work anymore.

And Meghan has been mentioning that she has friends and family working in the administration lately. I'm curious as to who, exactly, she's referring to?

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

And Meghan has been mentioning that she has friends and family working in the administration lately

Just what family does Meghan having working in the Trump admin??

Who?

• Love 4
1 minute ago, rickhurst3186 said:

I seriously doubt Meghan has any family members working in the orange man's administration.  She would be rattling off names if it were true. Meghan reminds me of someone who ALWAYS knows someone who did X. 

3 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Who?

Her father-in-law.

In almost 2 1/2 weeks I've watched two episodes. One was on Friday the 15th and the other was yesterday. As @GHScorpiosRule mentioned she's been doing I too have been deleting episodes based on what I've read here. I've been doing it with The Talk too. I'm hoping there will be a shakeup at the table during The View's hiatus. 

• Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, May Jacks said:

Why are these jackasses still comparing harassing private citizens to protesting political figures? 

I don't think any of their opinions(minus Sunny) is really about civility(gag) but about their own personal issues with dealing with twitter trolls and crazies on the street. Get over yourselves you are tv personalities.

Now "both sides" has infected the entire table. jfc

Exactly what I was thinking.  That's where they are coming from. 

That petty pos Meghan had to talk over Sunny regarding the couple and the friend, glad Sunny just kept talking. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 10
(edited)
10 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I don't think we need to placate his base.  Everything gets them riled up.   And everyone has rights, too.   Go Sunny!  

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 23
(edited)

Hoo boy, Meghan is biting her tongue with what Jon Meacham is saying but she's too scared of him to push back.  Look at that grimace on her face. 

My husband just bought his book. I think I'll have to look at it too.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 19
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I could listen to Jon Meacham all day. He should have been on the show for at least 3 segments.

Me too. He's been on Morning Joe many times these last few weeks. I never watched MorningJoe but when I saw (luckily stumbled upon)  Jon Meacham on there a few weeks ago I've been tuning in and love when he's on. His voice(Meacham ) is soothing.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Jaded said:

In almost 2 1/2 weeks I've watched two episodes. One was on Friday the 15th and the other was yesterday. As @GHScorpiosRule mentioned she's been doing I too have been deleting episodes based on what I've read here. I've been doing it with The Talk too. I'm hoping there will be a shakeup at the table during The View's hiatus. 

I really do not blame anyone for jumping ship on this show the way it is now. Meh-gun is vile and unnecessarily hostile not just for this show, but daytime, ABC, and any civil workplace in general. I'm just too much a fan of Joy to give it up entirely myself. Thankfully Sunny's there, too, so at least there are two people attempting to alleviate Meh-gun's toxicity, although that's an impossible task for anyone to accomplish.

2 hours ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Notice that both Sunny and Meghan arent in this segment.  Would give anything to eavesdrop backstage right now!

I'm sure Meh-gun has nothing to do with anybody at the show besides Whoopi. Her behavior on the show makes clear her contempt for both her fellow co-hosts and the audience.

I loved the interviews with Meacham and Chastain. Too bad Meacham wasn't on a day where he could be the only guest though, so he could've got more airtime.

• Love 15
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Me too. He's been on Morning Joe many times these last few weeks. I never watched MorningJoe but when I saw Jon Meacham on there a few weeks ago I've been tuning in and love when he's on. His voice(Meacham ) is soothing.

He is so knowledgeable about American history.  He does not sugarcoat the ugliness in it, just like he did today, when he said that Mitch McConnell's obstruction gave him the supreme court that he wanted. Megan had nothing to say. Earlier, she pushed back, on Sunny, when she made the same assertions.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 20
56 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Who?

https://psmag.com/environment/records-show-a-top-doi-official-met-with-his-former-boss-a-koch-brothers-linked-foundationhttp://nmpoliticalreport.com/228364/meet-trump-staffers-doi-en/https://www.politico.com/interactives/2018/climate-science-doubters/

This guy. To answer Meghan’s question, no I’ll pass on going to dinner with your climate change denying father in law and your propagandist husband. 

• Love 19
(edited)
24 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I really do not blame anyone for jumping ship on this show the way it is now. Meh-gun is vile and unnecessarily hostile not just for this show, but daytime, ABC, and any civil workplace in general. I'm just too much a fan of Joy to give it up entirely myself. Thankfully Sunny's there, too, so at least there are two people attempting to alleviate Meh-gun's toxicity, although that's an impossible task for anyone to accomplish.

I'm sure Meh-gun has nothing to do with anybody at the show besides Whoopi. Her behavior on the show makes clear her contempt for both her fellow co-hosts and the audience.

I loved the interviews with Meacham and Chastain. Too bad Meacham wasn't on a day where he could be the only guest though, so he could've got more airtime.

I DVR the show, and lately I've gotten into a habit of reading this page at work and then deciding if its even worth the effort to watch it.  MM is killing the show for me.  She doesn't get that this is a panel discussion and not her own named talk show.  

MM's FIL:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/393878-meghan-mccain-tears-into-maxine-waters-calling-for-protest-of

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Poor, widdle Meh-gun upset she didn't get 75% of the speaking time during this segment. Sunny is single-handedly saving this show. God knows Sara ain't doing shit and Whoopi is enabling it.

Yes, she actually whined that Sunny got to speak so much during that segment so she decided to interrupt Sunny, just as she was trying to explain a point Sunny made, that Meghan challenged.  She challenged Sunny, Sunny starts to explain, Meghan cuts her off, Sunny says let me finish, and Meghan whines.  And Whoopi goes to break.  

At least hair and wardrobe can be counted on to make her look as horrible on the outside as she is on the inside.

• Love 21
(edited)
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I read this board every day before deciding to watch The View. I'm on the West Coast, and I tape the show to watch later in the day. I find I try to brace myself before watching the show because of Meghan McCain. Through the years I haven't liked all of the co hosts, but I never felt the pure poisonous feeling I have when I look at and listen to MM. She is really wrecking the show, and with all of the other daily news we have to put up with, I question why I want to subject myself to her venom.  She really makes me feel sick.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 24
53 minutes ago, tvaddict44 said:

ABC should be ashamed for giving Jon Meacham a measly 5 minutes (and I'm going to the comment line to tell them so).  The man is so well-spoken and knowledgable about history.  His books read like he talks - smooth and smart.  My first time hearing him talk was on Morning Joe and he was talking about arranging an interview with the presumed nominee Trump.  He thought an hour would be sufficient.  He tells of deciding to start off with "what are you reading?" to start the conversation.  Trump replied "I don't read."  Jon said  that would be a long 59 minutes he'd never get back....  I've loved him ever since and try to catch him anytime he's on TV.

I wish they'd at least cut out all the chick chatfest at the start of the show if it means they are going to shortchange a guest like Jon.

please share the link  (if allowed by mods of course)

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Kenz said:

I read this board every day before deciding to watch The View. I'm on the West Coast, and I tape the show to watch later in the day. I find I try to brace myself before watching the show because of Meghan McCain. Through the years I haven't liked all of the co hosts, but I never felt the pure poisonous feeling I have when I look at and listen to MM. She is really wrecking the show, and with all of the other daily news we have to put up with, I question why I want to subject myself to her venom.  She really makes me feel sick.

I watched through the Elisabeth years and stopped when Joy left.  I didn't watch when Nicolle, Candace or Jedi (am I forgetting any conservatives?)  I started watching shortly after Meghan joined the show.  For two reasons.  One the show became available on Hulu and I had a feeling she was going to be train wreck and I was proven right.  She is by the far the worst cohost this show has ever had.  It's not just that I disagree with what she is saying.  It's how she says it.  She is obnoxious.  She is whiny.  She thinks way too highly of herself.  I don't understand how Sunny doesn't just backhand across the face when she interrupts her.  I sure as fuck don't want her here till 2020 but I would so love to see her own words thrown in her face if a Democrat were to win and Meghan would be told you must respect the office not the person in the office.

• Love 23
3 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I watched through the Elisabeth years and stopped when Joy left.  I didn't watch when Nicolle, Candace or Jedi (am I forgetting any conservatives?)  I started watching shortly after Meghan joined the show.  For two reasons.  One the show became available on Hulu and I had a feeling she was going to be train wreck and I was proven right.  She is by the far the worst cohost this show has ever had.  It's not just that I disagree with what she is saying.  It's how she says it.  She is obnoxious.  She is whiny.  She thinks way too highly of herself.  I don't understand how Sunny doesn't just backhand across the face when she interrupts her.  I sure as fuck don't want her here till 2020 but I would so love to see her own words thrown in her face if a Democrat were to win and Meghan would be told you must respect the office not the person in the office.

This is very insightful, thank you.  I used to watch a million years ago and then came back toward the last couple months of Jed.  So I really didn't know how the conservative is supposed to act.  Are we supposed to hate them as vehemently as I hate MM?  I'm learning the answer is no.  there can be intelligent opposing discussions without her whining and her pissing matches. 

• Love 17

Whoopi tried to remind Meghan that their views aren't an obligation to represent anyone but themselves...lost on her.

Meghan you dumbass, YOU asked Sunny to explain herself and then you tried cutting her off before she could finish and then you're gonna complain about how much she spoke during the segment? Get the hell out of here, especially with that stank face when the rest were having a laugh over the $5 bit. 

Katherine is just dumb. Maybe she did it to bring some humour to the situation but there's no reason she needed to post it. 

I could have watched an entire show with Jon Meacham. 

• Love 14