Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

This is my first season of BB and I have to agree that the final weeks look to be pretty boring and predictable. 

Funny - folks have been saying that at the beginning of every game week this season....  ;>

3 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

In the end the jurors can use whatever criteria they want when they vote, but that doesn't always mean that criteria is in the right.

“Right”, of course, being the most individually arbitrary and subjective of criteria.  :>   For example, I find the notion of Jurors relinquishing their individual choice of vote - to be dictated by the personal whim of the leader of a defunct alliance - personally abhorrent in the extreme; if they freely choose to do so, though, then that’s the way it will be this season.  I’ll lose absolutely all respect for them and their violation of what I consider a fundamental tenet of the Jury, of course, but I also doubt the amount of sleep they’ll lose over my scorn will be measurable by currently existing technology.  :)

• Love 17
10 hours ago, green said:

I'd like to see America vote for the winner or at least be given half the votes and stop all this endless bittercakes whining and famewhore-mongering because these people were stupid and lost.

If America gets to vote then best sob story wins. Or best edited. Or the guy with one leg.

• Love 16
16 minutes ago, Nashville said:

“Right”, of course, being the most individually arbitrary and subjective of criteria.  :>   For example, I find the notion of Jurors relinquishing their individual choice of vote - to be dictated by the personal whim of the leader of a defunct alliance - personally abhorrent in the extreme; if they freely choose to do so, though, then that’s the way it will be this season.  I’ll lose absolutely all respect for them and their violation of what I consider a fundamental tenet of the Jury, of course, but I also doubt the amount of sleep they’ll lose over my scorn will be measurable by currently existing technology.  :)

Exactly. I'll never tell them they can't use whatever idiotic reasoning they want to, but you best believe I'm going to think it's idiotic ;)

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

I mean, I get the thought. I’d still rather anyone but JC win. Shit, I might even rather Paul come back in the house and win, rather than JC. 

ok, now you're just being irrational and damn near criminal!

• Love 19
3 hours ago, Victim Noises said:

I hate JC so much, but I'd still rather see him win instead of Tyler.

I'm torn there. JC is like a truly digusting human being, but I find Tyler very off-putting. And I'd rather see a crazy, unpredictable finale than a boring, expected one. But still, I don't know if I can really say I'd rather see JC win. I'd rather any other person left beat Tyler for sure though.

56 minutes ago, MissBluxom said:

But if the Finale is Wed Sept. 19, that means there are 17 calendar days remaining till the end.

The finale is the 26th.

43 minutes ago, MissBluxom said:

I know that I'm in the minority here. But I just don't understand all the hatred for Tyler.

There is very little hatred for Tyler. There are only like maybe 3 people here who hate him and I'm basically the only one who posts about it lol. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 10

When you have a jury as bitter and petty as the one this season will have, I really do believe the final speech can change a mind. If you get called out ( not by name but by association) as being small minded and petty and all you have left is revenge I think your ego may push you to prove this wrong. You can be remembered for being a sad sack Big Brother player, or one that can laugh at yourself and reward the best play. 

ETA: The HG's are forewarned with some information which they can take into account for their finale speeches.

Edited by missyb

I think one way to elevate the boredom of the 2nd half could be to have multiple DEs at random. That should start when the nomination table is downsized. If they want to keep the season the same length for schedule, they can start with more players. I'm sure the feeds are extremely boring when it's down to 8 if they can't even find enough entertaining content for the 3 televised shows per week.

27 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm torn there. JC is like a truly digusting human being, but I find Tyler very off-putting. And I'd rather see a crazy, unpredictable finale than a boring, expected one. But still, I don't know if I can really say I'd rather see JC win. I'd rather any other person left beat Tyler for sure though.

The finale is the 26th.

There is very little hatred for Tyler. There are only like maybe 3 people here who hate him and I'm basically the only one who posts about it lol. 

Here is a link that shows the finale will be on Sept 19th.  I don't doubt you. There is often much confusion when it comes to BB:

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2018/big-brother-schedule-bb20-cbs-2018/

Look for the following statement in the above link:

This edition of “Big Brother” is scheduled to run for a record 99 days, with the final set for Wednesday, September 19.

Edited by MissBluxom

Reality TV World says it's the 26th. Wiki also has the 26th. The past few seasons it's been airing the night of the Survivor premiere, which is the 26th. And it makes sense schedule wise. It'll probably go something like ...

9/6: Eviction, 8 to 7.
9/13: DE, 7 to 5.
9/19: Special Wednesday eviction, 5 to 4.
9/20: Eviction, 4 to 3.
9/26: Finale.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

The finale is the 26th.

I think plenty of people dislike L6, actually. I don't think disliking Tyler at this point is an unpopular opinion at all. I don't see a lot of personal hate towards him, in the same way people hate Angela, JC, etc. but many are tired of him and the dominating alliance.

Oh well. Even though one side eventually dominated, I really enjoyed the flipping votes and the two sides and middle of the house gameplay. Much better than everyone voting with the house as in recent seasons.

I saw another site saying the 26th is the finale as well, which makes more sense.

• Love 2

I would've loved the two sides (I love a divided house), but there wasn't enough back-and-forth for it to be dynamic for me. L6 only lost two people. Maybe 3 if you count Kaitlyn, but she was too erratic to really count as a number on either side imo. 

4 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

I think plenty of people dislike L6, actually. I don't think disliking Tyler at this point is an unpopular opinion at all. I don't see a lot of personal hate towards him, in the same way people hate Angela, JC, etc. but many are tired of him and the dominating alliance.

OMG where?! I need to find my people. I mean ONTDBB is pretty bored, but no one posts because, well, they're bored lol. I'd love to find somewhere active that I can hate-watch with!

As for Tyler, I truly don't see any dislike for him anywhere. The few people here that are bored by L6 dominating week after week still seem to either like Tyler or just feel indifferent towards him.

• Love 5

I think the issue with this endgame is that there's basically just one real player (Tyler) and MAYBE Angela. The rest are just there at this point. It's like S16 with Derrick. At least Derrick had a couple of real challenge whores to contend with. 

It's not like last year, where SLOWLY Josh went from the most obnoxious Paul minion to developing his own game and throwing Paul under the bus in the goodbye messages. Or S17 when Vanessa seemingly had the game on lock but then Steve proved sneakier than expected (and a total challenge whore). 

This year I don't see anyone from L6 developing their own game and stealing this from Tyler. That's why it's boring.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I would've loved the two sides (I love a divided house), but there wasn't enough back-and-forth for it to be dynamic for me. L6 only lost two people. Maybe 3 if you count Kaitlyn, but she was too erratic to really count as a number on either side imo. 

OMG where?! I need to find my people. I mean ONTDBB is pretty bored, but no one posts because, well, they're bored lol. I'd love to find somewhere active that I can hate-watch with!

As for Tyler, I truly don't see any dislike for him anywhere. The few people here that are bored by L6 dominating week after week still seem to either like Tyler or just feel indifferent towards him.

Remember, it wasn't for lack of trying that  the season turned out to be so one sided. FOUTTE/Hive had  two opportunities in a row ( and Bay's HOH as well) to level the playing field. Even L6 knows that and can't help but laugh at the absurdity of it all. They know they are not all that.  Yet here they are. Often I think they were laughing at their won dumb fuck luck.

Edited by missyb
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, missyb said:

Remember, it wasn't for lack of trying that  the season turned out to be so one sided. FOUTTE/Hive had  two opportunities in a row ( and Bay's HOH as well) to level the playing field.

The result was still just the same people winning week after week and predictable eviction after predictable eviction. For me the way it happened didn't make it any more interesting to watch.

If you loved the L6 dynamic and/or found it funny to watch the same thing happen week after week and/or you hated the FOUTTE alliance members then the season really worked. But for people who wanted to see some interesting game play and power shifts and/or were bored by the people in L6 then this season is just another BB12 or BB16. Or BB19 without all the fights or satisfaction of watching someone you hated lose lol.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, mikewho said:

Why do people on this site seem to often apologize for the way they feel? This isn't tyrannical TWoP anymore. Your opinion isn't any more wrong than anyone else's.

Yes!  A thousand thumbs up.  I hate it when people feel the need to apologize for their opinions and to assume they are in the minority.  And that comes a lot from the tyranny of TWoP in large part where people got banned in season of a show or culled and purged at will during the off season as well so no one else noticed especially by someone named Miss Alli.  There was a whole other site online for awhile with hundreds of stories about such from sweet nice people never understanding what they did "wrong" and having no way to find out who suddenly found out the one thing in common was not liking that mod's favs or, even more so, liking someone she didn't like. 

I got banned in the off seasons twice.  Once for liking Danielle in BB3 who she hated.  And the other time (under another name, heh) being banned in the off season for liking Charla & Mirna (TAR5) who she also hated.  No reasons given.  No appeal mechanism.  Just pure tyranny unchecked.  Glad that site is gone.  So please people never ever let this forum get turned into that horrible place where people were being cowed into apologizing for having an opinion different than the mod's who was out to build her own cult of followers.  This is a class site and let us keep it that way and free of that insane stuff.

2 hours ago, Machiabelly said:

If America gets to vote then best sob story wins. Or best edited. Or the guy with one leg.

Actually Eddie (the one legged guy) was the best player in BB1 though I think I was rooting for Josh was it.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

If you loved the L6 dynamic and/or found it funny to watch the same thing happen week after week and/or you hated the FOUTTE alliance members then the season really worked. But for people who wanted to see some interesting game play and power shifts and/or were bored by the people in L6 then this season is just another BB12 or BB16. Or BB19 without all the fights or satisfaction of watching someone you hated lose lol.

These people have turned out to be "normal" but not very interesting.  The game play has been dependent upon one side winning comps when they needed to and the other side not.  Just Hayleigh winning the 2nd hacker comp instead of the first would have made this a more competitive season.  Right now, we're just waiting 14 days to see which L6 members will be left with Tyler in the F3.  

Every HoH someone would post about Tyler's drop in position in the house and every week they were as wrong as Fessy.  Combine the lack of competitive Big Brother game with the fact that the remaining HGs seem to be competing with each other to earn the final rose from Tyler and it's a snore of a season.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Machiabelly said:

I guess Christmas wasn't one-legged enough. ?‍♀️

I love L6 and I was fully entertained by this season. (I guess the two go hand-in-hand)

As a matter of fact, I can't stand for any of the remaining L6 to be evicted.  L6 actually did a good job of choosing to lose Rachel and Winston. They were the more erratic ones. The remaining four are more calm, cool, and collected. Things could have really gone array if R/W had stayed over Brett.

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm thinking since there's really nothing of interest to show in tonight's ep maybe they'll show a Sam's Salon segment. I don't plan on watching though so if someone could @ me if they show it I'd appreciate it!

@peachmangosteen preview shows Tylers hair reveal.

• Love 1

For me, this season has being boring and predictable the second after Fessie was stupid and jealous enough to put up Scottie. The feeds have not been enjoyable or interesting to me since (apart from the live endurance comp on Thursday, although I PAID for that on Friday). I mean, I don’t particularly dislike the L6 alliance as a whole, and am rooting for Tyler to win, but it is what it is. To me, it’s been very boring. And will probably continue to be so. At least for me personally.

This week I’m just hoping for some dissent on who to vote out; that might be fun. But when the biggest posting traffic revolves around what vile thing JC did lately? Not good feeds.

Although must we discuss TWOP? Ancient history.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, HighQueenEB said:

Wait...  Tyler called Bay out?  The last time I checked, Hay was the one who called that house meeting and Bay completely lost her shit while Tyler took it, for the most part.  I haven't seen anything from Tyler that indicates he had it out for Bay since week one.  She only became a target once SHE told Rachel she had a secret power and the details of that power.  L6, rightly, targeted Bay at that point, and used the hacker twist as a convenient scapegoat, especially since the week before, when Queen Bay was HOH, she took a shot at them by putting Rachel and Brett on the block, and confirmed to Tyler that Angela would be the replacement nom if one of the original two came off the block.  

Tyler is a good player but no one here is painting him as some angel, though.  He has responded to threats to his alliance and worked together with the rest of his alliance to eliminate those threads.  Good game play is good game play.

Tyler had it in for Bayleigh after she verbally checked him during one of the earliest challenges.  It was something trite,  Bayleigh apologized (even though she didn’t need to), yet Tyler would not let it go — bringing it up again and again in every DR.  It appears his shallow ego was severely slighted because a woman — a black woman no less — dared to challenge his vast superiority.  He prefers women who just do what they’re told.

Anyway, go back through the shows and you’ll see how much he badmouthed Bay, while she had only good things to say about him — even after he stabb d her boyfriend in the back.

Edited by plotpointer
  • Love 1

So today has been a super exciting day I. The feeds, huh? ;) 

Tyler is good but I’m not sure I’d call him one of the best. He was lucky to get similar loyalty that Paul got last year except he isn’t anywhere near aggressive or asshole-ish as Paul. He did a lot of work in the beginning and hasn’t had to do much for quite awhile now. 

• Love 5

I'm so happy JC is a have not. I can't wait for him to be evicted.

I'd like L4 to make it to the end because they all worked for it. It's not their fault Foutte couldn't get it together and self imploded. I ultimately want a Final 2 of Brett/Tyler and I want Brett to win (I'm a little over Tyler and all his deals).

Edited by kellog010
  • Love 13
19 hours ago, Jeebus Cripes said:

@BK1978, is that Pink Undies Phillip from Survivor on your avatar? LMAO.

Yeah, I found him to be one of the most entertaining Survivor players ever.  He was terrible at the game but still entertaining.

6 hours ago, mikewho said:

Why do people on this site seem to often apologize for the way they feel? This isn't tyrannical TWoP anymore. Your opinion isn't any more wrong than anyone else's.

Ugh TWoP…I loved the posters over there but was no fan of the mods either.  I used to get warnings all of the time, I got the board on board warning so much and I never really understood what the hell it meant.

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, BK1978 said:

Yeah, I found him to be one of the most entertaining Survivor players ever.  He was terrible at the game but still entertaining.

Ugh TWoP…I loved the posters over there but was no fan of the mods either.  I used to get warnings all of the time, I got the board on board warning so much and I never really understood what the hell it meant.

Me too! Took me forever to realize we had more freedom over here. Always thought I was going to get in trouble. 

So Angela has only been a have not once. 

• Love 6

Angela and KC were talking about Fessy's speech and KC mentions something about Spoon Fed, too soon?? Angela is what?? KC tells her thats what Fessy said in his speech. She says , he did, I blacked out, I never heard it. 
KC says if anyone has grown up spoon fed it was Fessy. he has no idea how to take care of himself.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Imagine if Paul were here, reading everything we've said about him and softly crying into his beard?

2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

He would be muttering, "Friendship. Everything I did was in Friendship. Why is there no Friendship here?"

tenor.gif?itemid=11041782

1 hour ago, BK1978 said:

He was one of my all time favorites! He seemed less a real person and more like a character from a sitcom, and it was everything. 

Edited by Jeebus Cripes
  • Love 5

I thought JC should have been kicked out in the early weeks, when he was molesting HGs with an ice cream scoop.  He is repugnant.  

I just read the past ten pages.  There were posts about Fessy being a substitute teacher.   Here's my experience -  if you have a degree, you can register with the school district to be a sub.   Fessy was a high school sub, which means he may have only been available for certain subjects.   My guess is Gym class.   And he worked as an assistant coach, so being a sub might have been a way to have him eligible to coach.  

But here's the thing - for many subs, you're on a list, and the school can call you if they need someone.  If you don't answer, or if you say you can't work that day, they move on to the next person on the list.  I was a sub for a while when I was between "real jobs".  I was called twice, each time I wasn't able to make it.  (sick kid, job interview).  I took myself off the list when I found a job.   It is entirely possible to NEVER be called, never work, for an entire school year.  Schools call the subs they know, they only use the list when their regular subs can't make it, or they have too many teachers out sick at once.  People know that you can put "Substitute teacher"  on your resume just by registering to be one.  You can even get an ID from the school district. 

All that is to say - Fessy being a substitute teacher could mean he regularly subs at a school.   But it could also mean he is registered as a sub, but works rarely, if at all. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, backformore said:

All that is to say - Fessy being a substitute teacher could mean he regularly subs at a school.   But it could also mean he is registered as a sub, but works rarely, if at all. 

IIRC Fessy’s closest thing to a regular paycheck is bartending at a Margaritaville.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, BK1978 said:

I once got dinged by a TWOP mod (Dr. Phil) for using too much punctuation in a post but I used to live for the Buffy boards and the Wildfeed and the people who would report on shoots.

I loved the Fish shirt Tyler wore in the HOH comp. I hadn't noticed it before and it seems like a shirt Superfan would wear. I also like the all black outfit he wears in the house.

I did feel sorry for Hay and the hits she took and I won't begrudge her sulking.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, chuckity said:

Is that you Swaggy?

Omg, it’s a “Is that you (fill in the blank)?” post — a staple of message boards worldwide.  I’ve never received one before, so thank you!

But seriously, please check my posting history.  I’m a supporter of African-American contestants on Big Brother, and I was really drawn to Bayleigh and Swaggy from the start.   I don’t remember ever seeing a black showmance on BB.  I also found it quite novel that two African American houseguests were displaying such strong leadership skills and sense of self.  I found them quite entertaining and hoped they would go far.  Swaggy wouldn’t have been able to post those messages so early in the season.

Anyway, the only point that I was trying to make on the previous post is that Tyler launched the first strike against Bayleigh and it was very personal for him.  Bayleigh had never targeted Tyler — and in the first two weeks had no power to do so.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Imagine if Paul were here, reading everything we've said about him and softly crying into his beard?

Imagining that really warms my heart!

9 hours ago, gunderda said:

So Angela has only been a have not once. 

Really? Wow. Weird. How has no one mentioned that before where HNs were being chosen? Some people have done it like at least 3 or 4 times. 

13 hours ago, missyb said:

@peachmangosteen preview shows Tylers hair reveal.

I fast forwarded through the ep and I didn't notice anything. Was there a segment about the hair?

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Really? Wow. Weird. How has no one mentioned that before where HNs were being chosen? Some people have done it like at least 3 or 4 times. 

Probably depends on how HNs are selected on a given week; sometimes the HoH has to pick them, sometimes Production dictates the selection.  In this week’s case, it was the latter; the HNs were the first three to drop in this week’s HoH comp (JC, Sam, and Scottie).

6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I fast forwarded through the ep and I didn't notice anything. Was there a segment about the hair?

Not yet - but all signs currently point to Wednesday for the national Grand Opening of Sam’s Hair Salon.  ;)