Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

35 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

As for leaf 'peepers' ...NO. It's leaf watching here and in NE.

What's this "leaf-peeping/watching" you speak of?  It's "color tour" in Michigan!

I actually adore these kinds of conversations...they make me wish I was at least born in the south so I could say "bless your heart" without sounding like a fraud.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

I'm from Warren County, a world apart, now exiled in SJ :)

And don't start any nonsense about central jersey.  Indeed!

As for leaf peeping, from the link from NBC4..

"Meteorologist Raphael Miranda says leaf peepers won't find the fall colors around New York, Long Island or the Jersey Shore just yet. "

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Fall-Colors-Leaf-Peeping-New-York-New-Jersey-Sullivan-Ulster-County-Catskills-Apple-Pumpkin-Picking-452268683.html

So many accents in such a small place  :)

Warren County is definitely influenced by PA...I work in Warren. I love that you understand the central jersey nonsense. However, two points: upstate NY is not NE and what did you say in your family, peeping or watching? I've heard both but we never used peeping. 

3 minutes ago, Wings said:

I have a friend who says ah-mond, not prouncimg the L.  I say ahal-mund. 

Probably good to get this sorted before the feeds command our attention.  ;>

I don't pronounce the 'l' either. I bet you pronounce the 't' in 'often' but not 'soften' ...;) smh

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Wings said:

Pah-Kahn here.   Pee-Kan people,  please step forward.   We will not ridicule you,  much.  We just want to.know where you are from.  :>

Pah-Kahn for this Louisiana girl. I did know someone who pronounced it differently for different things, which cracked me up. I THINK it was Pee-Can pie and Pah-Kahn pralines. Though, that also opens the Prah-leen/Pray-leen debate. 

Nobody comes here for the leaves, so I got nothing there. 

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

upstate NY is not NE and what did you say in your family, peeping or watching? I've heard both but we never used peeping. 

We had friends in SW NH and they always used "peepers", often as a bit of a slur.  They loved the money coming into town, just not the people and traffic that came with it :) 

Not sure if the city folks realize that.

Never heard anyone use "watching".  

Family would "go look at the foliage/leaves" fwiw :)

• Love 1

So probably endurance Thursday for HOH/B back.  Scottie will outlast the others unless Bay plays to win he will have competition there, I think. 

I hope Vegas’ Twitter fans have soothed her justifiably ruffled feathers.  

Praw-Leen.

Edited by Wings
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Warren County is definitely influenced by PA...I work in Warren. I love that you understand the central jersey nonsense. However, two points: upstate NY is not NE and what did you say in your family, peeping or watching? I've heard both but we never used peeping. 

I don't pronounce the 'l' either. I bet you pronounce the 't' in 'often' but not 'soften' ...;) smh

Nope.  I say off-en.   :^)

Edited by Wings
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, Wings said:

Probably good to get this sorted before the feeds command our attention.  ;>

Your friend deserves to be abandoned to the vagaries of a moving car when the driver bails, then - it’s ALL-munds.  ;)

• Love 6

Sorry to have opened this can of nuts.  LOL  It just seemed strange to hear a TX girls say pee-KAHNS.  Born & lived in TX, almost 60 years, from near Dallas to TAMU to Houston to Austin and never heard anyone say pee-KAHNS.   FTR, it's puh-KAHN  PRAY-leens in my neck of the woods.

Edited by llongori
clarity??
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Wings said:

While we are at it - I always said catty-corner.  But when I lived in Maine for a year, people there said kitty-corner.  Is that really a thing, or are Mainers just odd?  Also they would make fun of how I said apricot.  I always said ape-rih-cot, and they would say app-rih-cot.  I'm thinking Mainers are just odd.  We Okies always say things correctly.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, llongori said:

Sorry to have opened this can of nuts.  LOL  It just seemed strange to hear a TX girls say pee-KAHNS.  I've lived in TX my entire life from near Dallas to TAMU to Houston to Austin and never heard anyone say pee-KAHNS.   FTR, it's puh-KAHN   PRAY-lines in my neck of the woods.

No no, thank you for opening this up.  The BB forum has not seen this much action in 3 days.  :)

2 minutes ago, Slider said:

While we are at it - I always said catty-corner.  But when I lived in Maine for a year, people there said kitty-corner.  Is that really a thing, or are Mainers just odd?  Also they would make fun of how I said apricot.  I always said ape-rih-cot, and they would say app-rih-cot.  I'm thinking Mainers are just odd.  We Okies always say things correctly.

No, you are.  :>  I say apricot no ape and kitty Korner.  Born and raised in MI, have lived in MA, FL and AZ.  Most people I come across pronounce things as I do.  

Edited by Wings

Vegas does not seem to be on Twitter.  Her/His handle realvegasforsure is no longer active and holds no previous posts other than a handful of some asking where they were. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Wings said:

Vegas does not seem to be on Twitter.  Her/His handle realvegasforsure is no longer active and holds no previous posts other than a handful of some asking where they were. 

Nah, Vegas is still there (her handle is realvegas4sure). She did shut down her account for a day on Saturday to throw her temper tantrum. This is her first post after opening up her follows again:

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Slider said:

Ape and catty here.  ;)

• Love 3

So I'm flashing back to some conversations from last night- and looks like Angela told Tyler about other secret which is she owns a business. But my favorite part was when JC finally came upstairs after them being upstairs alone for awhile chatting- and then was asking where Kaycee was, Angela told him that Kaycee was sleeping in the HN room- he refused to believe them. The look of anger that came over him with the realization that Tyler & Angela had been upstairs this whole time with ZERO SUPERVISION was pretty funny. He was like you are lying- she's hiding- I didn't see her in the Blue Room (she was in the HN room sleeping). Lol. 

• Love 12
46 minutes ago, Slider said:

It's maybe a New England thing? We also say kitty corner in MA, not catty corner.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

So I'm flashing back to some conversations from last night- and looks like Angela told Tyler about other secret which is she owns a business. But my favorite part was when JC finally came upstairs after them being upstairs alone for awhile chatting- and then was asking where Kaycee was, Angela told him that Kaycee was sleeping in the HN room- he refused to believe them. The look of anger that came over him with the realization that Tyler & Angela had been upstairs this whole time with ZERO SUPERVISION was pretty funny. He was like you are lying- she's hiding- I didn't see her in the Blue Room (she was in the HN room sleeping). Lol. 

LOL.  He is losing the grip he thinks he has!   He sees Angela in his F2 spot. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Wings said:

LOL.  He is losing the grip he thinks he has!   He sees Angela in his F2 spot. 

Yup. The only thing he is doing though is driving Tyler crazy- and also he keeps talking about how he's done EVERYTHING for their side- meaning Level 6. Which isn't true- and none of them are really amused by that. I think Angela said it last night- he thinks that he has made all the decisions and has done everything- meanwhile he's just come to us and voiced what he wanted to do and we've already decided that without him. 

Granted- he was good at confusing FOUTTE- which was integral- but that wasn't all him either. It's easy to confuse Fessy- Tyler also fed into that confusion as well with Kaitlyn and others. 

He's basically been telling L6- this is what he's going to say in his F2 speech- and they aren't having any of it. 

Kaycee I think mentioned yesterday- well who is going to put him up? We are going to have to do it soon. 

He was complaining to Brett yesterday that Kaycee/Tyler & Angela have a F3 deal that doesn't include them because they drank all of Angela's wine and didn't invite him or Brett. Which was untrue as Brett was there as well- and he was just nodding away. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 5

You know while we're on the topic of Fessy and praying I'm really glad that this cast for whatever their quirks are did not "go there" with bigoted name-calling. Because I could totally picture the S15 and S19 casts doing so. They've rightly made fun of his dumb game moves but there's been no bigotry from anyone and that's always refreshing. 

• Love 20
46 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

Someone REALLY needs to put that pissant in his place. He is utterly obnoxious. 

11 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

You know while we're on the topic of Fessy and praying I'm really glad that this cast for whatever their quirks are did not "go there" with bigoted name-calling. Because I could totally picture the S15 and S19 casts doing so. They've rightly made fun of his dumb game moves but there's been no bigotry from anyone and that's always refreshing. 

[An atheist's] amen to that one! Re his praying, there was a Jokers poster that was on Fessy Prayer Watch for a while, and would post about it every night. But I'm not 100% sure if the actual praying was shown or not based on the wording. Here's an example from August 8th:

image.thumb.png.b3a3b7bafbcdf5686e8422caa485b395.png

So the "signals camera" could be the sign to turn it off/on to start/stop praying, or maybe he just thinks that's the case? Or maybe the signal is something else entirely, like a message to his family? No idea.

Edited: I forgot about Bayleigh's sketchy response to Fessy's (craptastic!!!) response to the Never Have I Ever. Something about how he should "go to Pakistan and find a virgin" like "they" do. [trombone]

Edited by IndyMischa
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

About Fess and praying, he definitely prays every day. It's off-camera, I suspect an arrangement with production. But he's talked about it on the feeds. I can kind of understand his decision. There's so much Islamaphobia today in the U.S. Fessy's not ashamed of being Muslim but I can understand him wanting it to be a private thing. 

They've shown him praying on camera. He usually does it when everyone else is asleep and in the Geo room- if they do show it it's usually because he's the only one awake- or there are people awake talking together in another room. 

I know he's only talked about it with select people- I know Sam knows that is what he does. 

A few weeks ago Angela had mentioned when she was HOH- she always sees him on the cameras walking around the Geo Room/Bathroom late at night and she doesn't know why he always does that. I don't think she realizes that he prays in there every night. Neither did the other 2 or 3 people in the room at the time. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, SiobhanJW said:

Yup. The only thing he is doing though is driving Tyler crazy- and also he keeps talking about how he's done EVERYTHING for their side- meaning Level 6. Which isn't true- and none of them are really amused by that. I think Angela said it last night- he thinks that he has made all the decisions and has done everything- meanwhile he's just come to us and voiced what he wanted to do and we've already decided that without him. 

Well both sides have their points there. Neither JC nor L4 are completely right nor are they completely wrong. It's very true that JC has not been running things like he clearly thinks he has- that's been clear for weeks and weeks. But it's revisionist history for L4 not to acknowledge or realize that they were damn lucky JC was always a number for them.  They are pretty cocky right now. Have to say I like L4 less when they hole up in one place and compliment each other for being so great. They avoided that for most of the season. 

He was complaining to Brett yesterday that Kaycee/Tyler & Angela have a F3 deal that doesn't include them because they drank all of Angela's wine and didn't invite him or Brett. Which was untrue as Brett was there as well- and he was just nodding away. 

Again whether Brett was drinking wine or not, JC is essentially right. Neither he nor Brett has a clear shot at F3 without each other. I have a feeling Brett is going to end up wishing he took JC more seriously. And I'm sure JC will remind him over and over. And over again. 

Edited by vb68
  • Love 6

Hilarious but terrible game play, from HamsterTime, yesterday afternoon ish:

Brett/Tyler/Angela/Kaycee were asked to put the awnings down and when BB thanked them all by name, Kaycee said "You can just call us Level 6."  And Brett said "We will be here all season." 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Growsonwalls said:

I agree and think about this often. This cast does not go after each other on personal stuff. Well, a couple did. Bayliegh and especially RS and Sam. But overall, there is a respect for personal differences and even embraced. The other night JC was remarking to Sam that they did a good job casting a group from so many different backrounds and backround stories. The season has been extra enjoyable because of they way they treat each other. Block people are not isolated ( although they may isolate themselves) and included in all activities . 

A great point @Growsonwalls. 

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

North Philadelphia born and raised....Pee-can, War-ter, All-monds!

I live in PA (though I wasn't raised here) and I hear "wudder" when someone from Philly says water. 

He's not wrong about that F3 though. 

I don't really understand what Brett's plan is. He has to realize he's going to be the first one picked off once Footy is gone.

• Love 4

Minnesota all my life except for 2 years in Texas (Seguin) from 78-80.

Pecan: Minnesota is peh-KAHN. Texas - either PEE-kahn or PEE-can (San Antonio area) or puh-KAHN (I'm pretty sure that's how my Houston roommate pronounced it)

Praline: First heard this pronunciation from Houston roommate because her mother made them - PRAY-leen and that is how I pronounce it.

Minnesota: kitty-corner. Don't remember what was said in Texas.

Minnesota: autumn leaves - looking at the fall colors OR time to rake. N/A in Texas

• Love 2

Pah-Kahn here.  Currently living on TX, raised in the Big Blue Nation, but got my accent in my early years in Colorado.

Hay’s last name is Broucher, so she must have relatives from Louisiana and she does live rather close to the TX/LA state line (considering how big the state is, it is rather close), even though she’s in College Station for college.

Nobody looks at leaves here. It’s too damn hot and the sun is too bright. We just go to the beach.

ALL-mund 

Saa-mun (I don’t get people who say  SAL-mun.

Fuck you, Fessy.

• Love 2

PEE-CAN, raised in KY.

I live in up-state NY now and people here say PEE-CAN as well.

But they also don't pronounce middle of word 'D's as in di-ent vs didn't, cuh-ent vs couldn't.

The other thing that makes me crazy is that pronounce shit 2 different ways such as Campbell is Camp-Bell, and when I ask them how they say Campbell's soup, they say Campbell.  They just don't get it..

2 hours ago, vb68 said:

They are pretty cocky right now. Have to say I like L4 less when they hole up in one place and compliment each other for being so great. They avoided that for most of the season. 

I give them a pass on that.  It is pretty exciting to make it this far and congratulating themselves is warranted.  They a good group and so happy right now! 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 4

OK, so when Sam was making her lemon pound cake last night was her absolutely terrible British accent (which sounded more Australian to my ears) taken from Nigella Lawson or The Great British Bake Off?

Now is the time for Brett to snap to and take a hard look at the situation and listen to JC as hard as that may be.  They have a shot at flipping the script here.  Whoever returns will join them along with Hay and right there you have 4 vs 4.   It will depend on HOH winner, of course. 

Sam is a wild card here.  She has mentioned several times that she has a deal with Tyler "but he never talks to me."  Well maybe you better go talk to him then, Sam.  This is not the time to play the 'woman's place with men' game.   

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, Rough Draft said:

Nope. I'm from west Texas and we say puh-KAHN too.

Just realized where I got my Texas/PEE-kan association from - a 70s western comedy called The Cheyenne Social Club.  One of the major characters in the story line was a guy named Harley (played by Henry Fonda); Harley was from Texas, and he pronounced it that way.

19 minutes ago, Rough Draft said:

I have friends in Georgia who say PEE-can.

Presenting Georgia as an educational example is a nonstarter from the word Go.  :D

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Wings said:

Now is the time for Brett to snap to and take a hard look at the situation and listen to JC as hard as that may be.  They have a shot at flipping the script here.  Whoever returns will join them along with Hay and right there you have 4 vs 4.   It will depend on HOH winner, of course. 

Sam is a wild card here.  She has mentioned several times that she has a deal with Tyler "but he never talks to me."  Well maybe you better go talk to him then, Sam.  This is not the time to play the 'woman's place with men' game.   

I think the hesitation Brett has is that the "other side" have been so clueless about stuff and are just bad at the game- and L4 has had his back solidly. I think for him it's hard to turn away from that since they've been together since the beginning and he seems like a pretty loyal guy. 

He also just made a F2 with Tyler- his only one. LOL. I don't think he took the Sam one seriously. 

It's good that he got some time with Kaycee & Angela this morning minus Tyler being there. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 4

Does Tyler have a final 2 with literally every HG? I have to imagine that that's going to come out sooner than later, especially once L6 start targeting one another. 

As for Brett flipping on L6 and going with JC, Haleigh and the returnee, I suspect that he realizes that JC will drop that like a hot potato the second a member of L6 wins HOH. That said, I'd love to see Brett become a roadblock for the rest of L6 because the slow and tedious trek to Final 3 for Angela, KC and Tyler is going to be miserable to watch. 

(As an aside, I was going to say that Brett probably trusts JC as far as he can throw him, but that phrase doesn't exactly work with JC since I'm sure most of the HGs could chuck him pretty damn far.)

Edited by Stinger97
  • Love 11
Just now, Stinger97 said:

Does Tyler have a final 2 with literally every HG? I have to imagine that that's going to come out sooner than later, especially once L6 start targeting one another. 

Not unless Tyler wins HoH, or PoV at the wrong time - and I expect that’s a set of circumstances he’ll studiously avoid as long as possible.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Stinger97 said:

Not Angela (I don't think??), Fessy, or Haleigh - the rest, yes. He desperately needs to not win HOH until F3, and maybe not even then. He can just be the Veto King and sail his way through. #tylerstan

Edited bc Nashville is right - he can't Veto King it either unless he's on the block himself, without showing his cards by picking which of the nominees to remove from the block.

Edited by IndyMischa
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

I think the hesitation Brett has is that the "other side" have been so clueless about stuff and are just bad at the game- and L4 has had his back solidly. I think for him it's hard to turn away from that since they've been together since the beginning and he seems like a pretty loyal guy. 

He also just made a F2 with Tyler- his only one. LOL. I don't think he took the Sam one seriously. 

It's good that he got some time with Kaycee & Angela this morning minus Tyler being there. 

I understand his hesitation completely.  

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

Not Angela (I don't think??), Fessy, or Haleigh - the rest, yes. He desperately needs to not win HOH until F3, and maybe not even then. He can just be the Veto King and sail his way through. #tylerstan

Edited bc Nashville is right - he can't Veto King it either unless he's on the block himself, without showing his cards by picking which of the nominees to remove from the block.

I think if he gets to F3 and wins- whomever he cuts will realize it's what's best for his game. I cannot imagine he won't try and win F3 HOH. LOL. 

It's funny that he actually thinks that they will care about what he has to say to them. They have all said repeatedly they are sure the he's been talking crap about them all and they don't care. 

• Love 14