Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

Just now, missyb said:

Setting himself up to NOT be the renom if if Sam or Hay wins the veto.

He may think so since he doesn't know about L6 - but he'd 100% be going up. And unless things have changed, Sam/Kaycee are closer than Sam/JC (Kaycee and Tyler are her "babies"). 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Nashville said:

You mean Uncle Mac?  OH yeah.  :D

@Nashville I can’t believe you found this!  One of my all time favorites! I just watched it again and it’s as hilarious as ever.  I’m a woman and I think it’s so clever, I don’t know why people get upset.  It’s a joke, and a very funny one.  Thank you so much for finding it

Is Uncle Mac his stage name, his nickname or is he really your uncle?  

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, zorak said:

I hope Haleigh wins the veto and takes herself down.  Kaycee and Tyler are talking.  Kaycee confirmed with Tyler that if Haleigh comes down, JC goes up. 

From her lips to the nomination block !

• Love 4

Wow, and to think I was rooting for Scottie to win the buyback. What a way to completely torch your reputation and any possible future with this show. I’ll admit, I ALWAYS FF the stupid nominee speeches, because I hate feeling secondhand embarrassment, so didn’t really understand what a complete and utter douche he was until reading through here. He reminds me of when Austin went out and swore that he’d turn the entire jury against Vanessa because she was the worst person ever, and he would totally have “taken” her to the end and let her win, and yeah. His post interviews were Exhibit A in Delusion. Scott’s are Exhibit B - now with extra stupidity!

Will also be FFing whatever lame segment we get of today’s party. I have no desire to see ANY of those people again. 

• Love 8

The timing of the Victor/Nicole proposal is extremely convenient. How fortunate for production that all of the others were available on such short notice to stop by the house and participate in the tiny spectacle. If this is the best filler for the hole in Sunday’s show, it has me wishing we’d be shown “A Very Special House Meeting” instead. 

In other news, Sam’s complained at least twice in the span of 30 minutes that she can’t believe she didn’t step to and make the house sparkle, disregarding production’s request for them to clean yesterday. “If they’d just told me we were having guests,” she says to no one. If she’d watched a few seasons like she was advised, she’d know the house hasn’t ever been clean enough to defeat the ants until she showed up, so it was fine. 

She told JC she gave Nicole the rose she’d made out of tissue paper. Wasn’t that flower part of the interior for one of the spiders’ recent terrarium jar homes? I kinda wonder how Nicole would feel about that tidbit? Of course, I also wonder if she kept the flower or if it hit the trash as soon as she was back on the outside, so there’s that, too. 

• Love 4

Sam is in the HN room cleaning by herself and talking occasionally.  She just said it's a little nerve wracking being on the block.  For someone who seemed intent on going to the "little house" I can't imagine why it would be nerve wracking.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Neveragain said:

@Nashville I can’t believe you found this!  One of my all time favorites! I just watched it again and it’s as hilarious as ever.  I’m a woman and I think it’s so clever, I don’t know why people get upset.  It’s a joke, and a very funny one.  Thank you so much for finding it

No problem whatsoever.  I’ve had that one favorited for years. And yeah, Barney Stinson made it first - but this guy made it GREAT.  :)

Is Uncle Mac his stage name, his nickname or is he really your uncle?  

Nah, that was just me joking.  He’s a Tennessee lawyer named Dana McLendon.  No known relation.  ;)

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, zorak said:

Sam is in the HN room cleaning by herself and talking occasionally.  She just said it's a little nerve wracking being on the block.  For someone who seemed intent on going to the "little house" I can't imagine why it would be nerve wracking.

Since the alumni visited, it seems it's clear she knows a lot more about Big Brother than she's letting on. She knows what she's doing (for the most part). 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

I'm betting Swaggy is getting ideas now.

Swaggy already "joked" once on Twitter about having a ring on finale night (in a roundabout but no doubting what he was talking about way). It was before the baby rumours started, though.

Frankly, at this point, I'm going to disappointed if Swaggy doesn't pull a Kanye on every one at every opportunity. "I'mma let you finish but let's talk more about Swaggy."

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

Swaggy already "joked" once on Twitter about having a ring on finale night (in a roundabout but no doubting what he was talking about way). It was before the baby rumours started, though.

Frankly, at this point, I'm going to disappointed if Swaggy doesn't pull a Kanye on every one at every opportunity. "I'mma let you finish but let's talk more about Swaggy."

Though he wouldn't be the first to do that. Didn't Mike Boogie do that at the end of his season?

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Swaggy is going to make it about himself come hell or high water. Also, if it’s a boring Final 2, I could see the producers encouraging it. 

Personally, I’d rather hear Rachel expound upon the optimum bending posture for scooping dog poop - but hey, maybe that’s just me.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Oh man, he DID. That was so awkward. 

Especially when you take into account what he was wearing: a leather, custom-made chilltown basketball jersey and shorts set accented with rhinestones, and a backwards visor.

He's the walking embodiment of second-hand mortification.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, cork dork said:

The timing of the Victor/Nicole proposal is extremely convenient. How fortunate for production that all of the others were available on such short notice to stop by the house and participate in the tiny spectacle. If this is the best filler for the hole in Sunday’s show, it has me wishing we’d be shown “A Very Special House Meeting” instead. 

In other news, Sam’s complained at least twice in the span of 30 minutes that she can’t believe she didn’t step to and make the house sparkle, disregarding production’s request for them to clean yesterday. “If they’d just told me we were having guests,” she says to no one. If she’d watched a few seasons like she was advised, she’d know the house hasn’t ever been clean enough to defeat the ants until she showed up, so it was fine. 

She told JC she gave Nicole the rose she’d made out of tissue paper. Wasn’t that flower part of the interior for one of the spiders’ recent terrarium jar homes? I kinda wonder how Nicole would feel about that tidbit? Of course, I also wonder if she kept the flower or if it hit the trash as soon as she was back on the outside, so there’s that, too. 

Apparently a few of the former HGs said the house was way cleaner then it was on their season and didn’t smell! Lmao. She should take that win- because I remember alumni coming to host stuff saying the house smelled really bad. Lmao. 

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Pixiebomb said:

Didn’t Kat date Hayden?

Yes they were dating.  They were on a season of Survivor together when they were a couple.  I have no idea if they still are one.  

Kat probably would have been a good fit for this season of Big Brother as she was just as crazy as some of these folks.

8 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

WTF, show?

Was I the only one who heard Angela Lansbury's voice when reading that?

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Well, y’all, I’m cashing out early tonight; Nashville’s Dragon Boat Festival is tomorrow, and I coach and paddle in one of the racing boat crews.  Wish us luck!  :)

Let's go!

Seriously wishing you and your crew the best!  Hope you don't have to ask "Who flipped?" at the conclusion.

• Love 16
8 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Prediction is that it's a luxury comp.

My prediction is that it's a luxury comp where the winners get to privilege to watch the pilot of The Neighborhood, with CBS favourite "Grover? Grover Johnson?!?!"

That would be a punishment! ... I hope JC wins. 

• Love 2

After Tylers warning to KayCee that he thinks Brett and JC may be in Sam's ear, he isn't doing much to get in the way of that. Sam was with Bret in the HN room for over an hour, telling him stories. Then she was upstairs playing checkers with Jc. He knows exactly what is going on with Brett and JC yet he is doing nothing about it. The game is slipping from him.

Edited by missyb
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, mooses said:

Especially as a big fan who repeatedly said he sucks at the game - I thought he'd be like, "You know, I got got. Twice." 

And his interview is confusing because he says Tyler does what everyone wants and is a coward, but everyone is doing what Tyler wants and is also a coward. 

Maybe he'll respect Angela more because she's more upfront about her moves? 

Nah, who am I kidding. 

People on reddit have been so baffled by a supposed "superfan" seeming to have no clue about how to play the actual game that there was a lot of speculation/theorizing the past week that Scottie isn't actually a "superfan", that he just faked it to fill the geeky superfan archetype the show likes to cast. Someone close to him (his sister?) probably is a legit superfan and coached him up a bit on the terminology and references to use to play the part well enough to get in the door.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, RagePaige said:

Brett last night.

"Poor Blockstar.  She must be missing me so much having to hang out in the jury house without me"

Well .... he's right of course,  Have you noticed that Brett seems to have raised the level of his game to near-winner levels?  The way he pumped Scotty for information was certainly a winning tactic.

I must admit to being surprised. I always thought he didn't much care who won this game. But it looks like he is making a definite charge to win this thing and I wish him the best of luck.

Edited by MissBluxom
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Perfect Xero said:

People on reddit have been so baffled by a supposed "superfan" seeming to have no clue about how to play the actual game that there was a lot of speculation/theorizing the past week that Scottie isn't actually a "superfan", that he just faked it to fill the geeky superfan archetype the show likes to cast. Someone close to him (his sister?) probably is a legit superfan and coached him up a bit on the terminology and references to use to play the part well enough to get in the door.

I wonder if he is like me.  I would not call myself a superfan but I am clearly not a normal fan either because I have watched every season since season 3 (I saw the vast majority of season 2 on YouTube before stupid CBS decided to enforce its copyright.) and I know a lot of stuff about the game that the average viewer would not know.  However, I could not tell you who finished in fifth place during the week three HOH in season 12.  

Maybe Scottie is in the same boat.  Or maybe as you said he was faking it until he made it.

Edited by BK1978
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, BK1978 said:

I wonder if he is like me.  I would not call myself a superfan but I am clearly not a normal fan either because I have watched every season since season 3 (I saw the vast majority of season 2 on YouTube before stupid CBS decided to enforce its copyright.) and I know a lot of stuff about the game that the average viewer would not know.  However, I could not tell you who finished in fifth place during the week three HOH in season 12.  

Maybe Scottie is in the same boat.  Or maybe as you said he was faking it until he made it.

I've been watching it from the beginning and only missed Season 4. I always look forward to what I call my "summer crack" because it's not summer without it! However, I see all these posts just referring to a season by number without any other identifying details so I can't recall anything about it or tell you the name of any houseguests without looking up a detailed recap of it. Of course, there are lots of things that still stand out in my mind such as Nakomis masterminding the very first backdoor plan--and the hilarious look on Jase's face when he realized what was happening to him! But I don't remember which season it was. Heck, I usually can't even recall who won two seasons ago! Yet during a current season I am always totally wrapped up in what is happening several times in a day and emotionally invested when it comes to disgust and/or indignation, not to mention the complete and utter loathing I have for certain people every year. So I would consider myself a superfan even though I can't remember any of the stats from previous seasons.

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 23

You know, as much as I generally am anti-Showmance, and I think that Tyler is worse with his "Tangela" situation, it's interesting to see a Showmance develop this late in the game. Usually, you can tell when HGs are "up for" a Showmance (hi, Fessy!) , but neither Tyler or Angela seem to really want one, which makes me think they really do like each other. 

I also think that's why Scottie's comments pissed Angela off so much - she's been relatively aware of her own boundaries, and has been disciplined enough to try to stay within them, so it sucks to have someone act otherwise. 

ETA: I'm also think it's easy to be cynical about their feelings, but who thought that that Rachel/Brendan, Jeff/Jordan, Dom/Dani, Jessica/Cody would last? Certainly not me. I'm still waiting for the inevitable breakup, but, I've gotta admit, they've surprised me. Just a few weeks ago, I never thought these two would be making out in the middle of the night. They've already surprised me once - why not again? 

Edited by mooses
  • Love 17
8 hours ago, Nashville said:

Well, y’all, I’m cashing out early tonight; Nashville’s Dragon Boat Festival is tomorrow, and I coach and paddle in one of the racing boat crews.  Wish us luck!  :)

Good luck, Nashville!  Cool way to spend a Saturday 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, mooses said:

You know, as much as I generally am anti-Showmance, and I think that Tyler is worse with his "Tangela" situation, it's interesting to see a Showmance develop this late in the game. Usually, you can tell when HGs are "up for" a Showmance (hi, Fessy!) , but neither Tyler or Angela seem to really want one, which makes me think they really do like each other. 

I also think that's why Scottie's comments pissed Angela off so much - she's been relatively aware of her own boundaries, and has been disciplined enough to try to stay within them, so it sucks to have someone act otherwise. 

ETA: I'm also think it's easy to be cynical about their feelings, but who thought that that Rachel/Brendan, Jeff/Jordan, Dom/Dani, Jessica/Cody would last? Certainly not me. I'm still waiting for the inevitable breakup, but, I've gotta admit, they've surprised me. Just a few weeks ago, I never thought these two would be making out in the middle of the night. They've already surprised me once - why not again? 

Yeah, I agree that there is something a bit compelling about two people actively trying NOT to fall for each other actually falling for each other despite themselves. 

• Love 24
4 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

I've been watching it from the beginning and only missed Season 4. I always look forward to what I call my "summer crack" because it's not summer without it! However, I see all these posts just referring to a season by number without any other identifying details so I can't recall anything about it or tell you the name of any houseguests without looking up a detailed recap of it. Of course, there are lots of things that still stand out in my mind such as Nakomis masterminding the very first backdoor plan--and the hilarious look on Jase's face when he realized what was happening to him! But I don't remember which season it was. Heck, I usually can't even recall who won two seasons ago! Yet during a current season I am always totally wrapped up in what is happening several times in a day and emotionally invested when it comes to disgust and/or indignation, not to mention the complete and utter loathing I have for certain people every year. So I would consider myself a superfan even though I can't remember any of the stats from previous seasons.

I've been watching since the middle of season 1.  I've never missed a season, watch BBAD when it's available on my provider, have signed up for the free live feeds trial when something was afoot in the house, been reading and posting on BBU, TWOP and here for years.  While I do not have the encyclopedic knowledge of so many here, I consider myself a superfan.  If pressed on the issue, maybe "devoted" fan would be a better name.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, missyb said:

After Tylers warning to KayCee that he thinks Brett and JC may be in Sam's ear, he isn't doing much to get in the way of that. Sam was with Bret in the HN room for over an hour, telling him stories. Then she was upstairs playing checkers with Jc. He knows exactly what is going on with Brett and JC yet he is doing nothing about it. The game is slipping from him.

After KayCee won HoH (thus suddenly boosting her resume significantly), Tyler changed his views on her and now he wouldn't mind if JC and Brett DO decide to go after her. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

Ahhhhh,  the cracks are starting to appear in L6 L4. Excellent.

#TeamGoodFeeds

I think Tyler is basically thinking that he could theoretically beat or lose to nearly everyone there, so he is just going to let it play it as it goes and not try to steer things one way or the other. I think Sam is the only one that he currently thinks he "needs" to get rid of before Final 2. He no longer wants KayCee as his go-to Final 2, but I think he thinks he could still beat her if it came down to it. He just doesn't actively want her anymore. So if JC and Brett choose to take her out, he's not going to stand in their way. It's also a way for him to not show his cards with all of his many F2 deals. 

• Love 5

I do like Tyler and Angela together because they like spending the time together, but they also realize that this is a game. So many showmances get too caught up in their feelings for each other and they simply hide away and let their games fall apart until on of them is gone. Here, they certainly are spending more time together than is probably necessary, but they haven't forgotten about the game.

And the reason why Tyler's changed his mind on cutting Angela and taking her to F2 isn't even because he's falling for her (though maybe it's part of it). It's because of what Scottie said about the jury being bitter, coupled with Kaycee pulling out some wins and being a good social player. And now, I don't think I could be mad if Tyler gets Angela to F2. It would be interesting for a showmance to get to F2 together, as it's never happened before (at least in the BBUS version, as far as I know). 

I'd much rather it was Brett getting to F2, maybe with Sam (LOL, another showmance, am I right, guys? Wait, no, it's just on Sam's end? Ok), but I recognize that he's not likely to survive the double eviction if Haleigh leaves on Thursday. 

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

I think Tyler is basically thinking that he could theoretically beat or lose to nearly everyone there, so he is just going to let it play it as it goes and not try to steer things one way or the other. I think Sam is the only one that he currently thinks he "needs" to get rid of before Final 2. He no longer wants KayCee as his go-to Final 2, but I think he thinks he could still beat her if it came down to it. He just doesn't actively want her anymore. So if JC and Brett choose to take her out, he's not going to stand in their way. It's also a way for him to not show his cards with all of his many F2 deals. 

Since he fell for Angela, he is just riding the wave strategically. Not really thinking about the jury or how betrayed his alliances will be. He is gotten incredibly lazy and his game has nosedived. And he is too arrogant to realize it. I thought he was going to win this season, and would have truly deserved it, now not so much. If he loses, he will only have himself to blame.

in my opinion, the person he can definitely beat is Sam. The only way he loses to Sam is if they want to vote for a ketchup bottle like with Dan and Ian. Unless somehow she reveals her self as a mastermind at the end.

At this point, he is not beating Kaycee. She is loved by everyone and is on a winning streak.

i don’t even think he beats Angela. To Foutte, she has done more in the game strategy wise, they dislike her but I don’t think the jury will feel the same sense of betrayal. Unlike Tyler, she doesn’t have f2s with everyone. 

He has a good chance to beat Brett unless Brett steps up competition wise.

JC will be harder to beat than Sam if the jury is bitter.

• Love 5

Yeah, I thought it would be an easy win for Tyler but it’s looking harder now. He’s resting on his & Level 6 laurels. Now, he’s realizing his ideal Final 2 with Kaycee isn’t a food idea. She’s becoming the comp beast and is well liked. Granted, Kaycee is all about Level 6 and doesn’t realize she can win. He doesn’t want to go with Brett because he thinks Brett would cut him given the chance. I guess going with Sam might be an easy win. Although, the jury might want to screw with him and give the win to Sam for the hell of it. Next weeks DE is gonna be crazy. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, HartofDixie said:

I know it’s still early but who is in the most danger to go in the DE? I think if L6 wins HOH they will put Sam/Hay/JC on the block. If Hay is still there and wins I think she will go with Tyler/Angela.

I think anyone is at risk to go home during the DE except Tyler, Kaycee, and Brett. Tyler and Kaycee would certainly be kept over anyone they’re on the block against, and I can’t envision a scenario where Brett is on the block against either of them. So he’s likely safe as well, bc he’d stay over JC, Sam, Haleigh, and Angela. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, HartofDixie said:

I know it’s still early but who is in the most danger to go in the DE? I think if L6 wins HOH they will put Sam/Hay/JC on the block. If Hay is still there and wins I think she will go with Tyler/Angela.

I think Brett and Sam are the ones most in danger. I think Tyler will 100% try to target Brett for the DE. The issue is that I'm not so sure it'll work if he doesn't convince Kaycee/Angela to focus on getting Brett out earlier. I think Angela's also in danger, because if JC or potentially Brett win DE HOH, Angela's going up on the block. I'm not sure about Brett's noms, but I could see it being Sam/Angela. 

I think the order of most in danger to least goes as such: Sam, Brett, Angela, JC, Kaycee, Tyler.

If Haleigh's in the house and not Sam, for example, Haleigh will be the most in danger.