Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Skyfall said:

The ratings are still good and wins each airing so doubt its for ratings

When I said new twists are tried for "the ratings", that is kind of like saying a business did something to improve its "profits" because most everything a business tries to improve itself is also done to increase the profits. Usually, these two things go hand in hand - the overall quality of the business and its profit levels.

But, I guess I should have been more explicit because although, it seems to me that most everything producers do to improve a TV show is also done to increase its ratings. To summarize, the enjoyment level of a show is pretty much tied to its ratings. The more an audience enjoys a show, usually means the higher its ratings tend to go.

I will just leave it at that and hope that conveys my point a little better.

Edited by MissBluxom
43 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Can you imagine Fessy getting evicted, coming back with, like, a week of automatic safety AND Bayleigh's power app? They would get the big Fessy/Haleigh reunion stuff and then him throwing a wrench into L4's plans. It would be "good TV." Of course it would be beyond unfair, but they don't care about that.

Why on earth would it be "good TV."  Most viewers have their rooting interests at this point and have a sense of fair play at least to the point of not liking what they would consider an obvious rigging job.  I'd think something like this would cause people to tune out as a result.  At this point I think viewers just want to see how Level 6 will split up and play the end game.  Not to see some loser jerkwad come back with more superpowers than Superman and ruin the game dynamics entirely.

And props to Kaycee for finally contributing something more than being the mild mannered pawn each week.  Let's Go!!

Edited by green
  • Love 9
45 minutes ago, green said:

Why on earth would it be "good TV."  Most viewers have their rooting interests at this point and have a sense of fair play at least to the point of not liking what they would consider an obvious rigging job.  I'd think something like this would cause people to tune out as a result.  At this point I think viewers just want to see how Level 6 will split up and play the end game.  Not to see some loser jerkwad come back with more superpowers than Superman and ruin the game dynamics entirely.

And props to Kaycee for finally contributing something more than being the mild mannered pawn each week.  Let's Go!!

"More twists=More good" has been Grodner's M.O. for some time now. 

BB13 isn't THAT long ago and that had probably their most egregious case of rigging in the history of the show and that happened LATER in their season than now (it happened when there were only six HGs left). 

So if Haleigh really is Grodner's pet this year for whatever reason (like Rachel and Jordan clearly were in BB13), then expect some BS twist to come along with the player returning from the battle back that would help give Haleigh a chance at sticking around. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

The one area where I could see the sort of fifth dimensional chess answer would be to send Haleigh out so that it is easier for Scottie to win, under the theory that Scottie would NOT team up with Fessy when he came back. 

By the way, I am 100% expecting them to work it so that the battle back winner gets HoH or some such nonsense. Or maybe they get Bayleigh's power app if they return. Some over the top bullshit nonsense like that.

Can you imagine Fessy getting evicted, coming back with, like, a week of automatic safety AND Bayleigh's power app? They would get the big Fessy/Haleigh reunion stuff and then him throwing a wrench into L4's plans. It would be "good TV." Of course it would be beyond unfair, but they don't care about that.

I feel like whatever decision they make can all seem like a bad "I told you so" decision since it all just depends on what happens in the Battle Back and competitions. 

If Bayleigh comes back, she'll team up with either Haleigh or Fessy, and Sam would probably get all dramatic about voting her out again and may be a big ally for her. She'd target Angela/Tyler/Kaycee. 

Rockstar would also team up with either one, but main targets would probably be Brett/Angela. 

Scottie is less likey to team up with Fessy, but would continue his sick puppy love thing with Haleigh. 

I get that if you think Fessy is that much stronger in competitions, vote him out - he'll have to win his way back in, and if he stays, he'd be a stronger competition ally to the Returnee. However, I kind of lean towards voting out Haleigh - 4/4 Returnees would definitely team up with her, but only 3/4 would team up with Fessy, and I tend to think anyone can win a competition at any point.

ETA: I also think Haleigh is more likely to get votes in F2 than Fessy. So maybe try to get rid of her while you can. 

Edited by mooses
  • Love 1

Scottie really WOULD just hook right back up with Haleigh if he returned, right? What a tool.

So yeah, I would like to see Haleigh get evicted and Scottie return just to see what kind of trainwreck that would be. What the fuck would Scottie even DO In that scenario? 

However, I think it is still the best strategic plan to just evict Fessy and hope he doesn't get back in.

They're totally giving the returnee some bullshit power. This show is so douchey. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, TimWil said:

And Fessy is PISSED. I love it.

Well... he played a moronic game so whatever, Fessy. 

1 hour ago, me5671 said:

Lol!  Flashback to approx. 8 hours ago. Fessy declares "KC sucks at veto. She cant win."  Does this dude ever get sick of being wrong all the time?

ALL.THE.TIME

• Love 1
3 hours ago, cork dork said:

Based on what we’ve seen, I don’t get that she’s happy with her appearance on any level.

FTFY.

2 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

"More twists=More gooder" has been Grodner's M.O. for some time now.

Ibid.

1 hour ago, Brian Cronin said:

They're totally giving the returnee some bullshit power. This show is so douchey. 

On the one hand: Most likely. And absolutely, it'll be total bullshit.

OTOH: Given how well the twists have worked out so far this season—Tyler won't even have to use his power because the other side is stupid enough to have painted itself into the corner it's in!—I'm just gonna wait and see. Still, though. Surely the producers of any other show would've learned their lesson by now, at least for the remainder of the summer, but again, more gooder.

2 hours ago, me5671 said:

Lol!  Flashback to approx. 8 hours ago. Fessy declares "KC sucks at veto. She cant win."  Does this dude ever get sick of being wrong all the time?

Did y’all ever stop to think: if any one player had asked Fessy what to do - and then always did the exact opposite - what a wonderful game that player would’ve had?  ;)

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Did y’all ever stop to think: if any one player had asked Fessy what to do - and then always did the exact opposite - what a wonderful game that player would’ve had?  ;)

Anti-Fessy = Bizarro Dan Gheesling

• Love 6

From Joker’s:

Sun 3:36 AM PT JC is really mad (jealous) and told Brett they should go and interrupt TAngela. They go upstairs and you can tell Tyler/Angela were annoyed. It sounded Like JC was trying to tell Brett to stay in HOH room tonight (before they went upstairs).

Has JC really so bought into his own delusions of mastermind grandeur, as to get overtly bitchy with everyone who doesn’t immediately snap to attention at his command and cater to his every whim?  :P

This fucking little tyrant troll might need to go sooner rather than later.

• Love 21

Sam shared with someone that she 'liked' Brett and said her boyfriends will be jealous.  Brett's comment to the HOH crowd upon hearing this was, “glad to know I still got it.”   Lol, cute.   Poor Brett is caught between the tiny fuhrer and Mata Hari.

Edited by Wings
  • Love 8

Backing up a bit...Sam cut her hair on Thursday??  I totally missed that.  But first, WTF did she use?  Surely production didn’t leave a pair of scissors in her vicinity?  And I remember reading that the houseguests weren’t supposed to alter their appearance while in the house, but that could be way wrong.

Also, I am rewatching the first few episodes of 20 and cringing hard at Hay’s lame early flirting escapades with #FUF whilst screaming “NOOOOO!!” at my tv.  It’s just really awkward and ewwwww.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

"More twists=More good" has been Grodner's M.O. for some time now. 

BB13 isn't THAT long ago and that had probably their most egregious case of rigging in the history of the show and that happened LATER in their season than now (it happened when there were only six HGs left). 

So if Haleigh really is Grodner's pet this year for whatever reason (like Rachel and Jordan clearly were in BB13), then expect some BS twist to come along with the player returning from the battle back that would help give Haleigh a chance at sticking around. 

Agreed. Also, another incident that demonstrated AG’s love for late-in-the-game rigging: The final 4 HoH competition in BB9 where Sharon was about to win, then lost and got evicted because of a nonsensical question about hamsters or whatever.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Backing up a bit...Sam cut her hair on Thursday??  I totally missed that.  But first, WTF did she use?  Surely production didn’t leave a pair of scissors in her vicinity?  And I remember reading that the houseguests weren’t supposed to alter their appearance while in the house, but that could be way wrong.

Also, I am rewatching the first few episodes of 20 and cringing hard at Hay’s lame early flirting escapades with #FUF whilst screaming “NOOOOO!!” at my tv.  It’s just really awkward and ewwwww.

I missed the hair cut, too.  It couldn’t have been much because it looks the same. 

25 minutes ago, JediDVguy said:

Agreed. Also, another incident that demonstrated AG’s love for late-in-the-game rigging: The final 4 HoH competition in BB9 where Sharon was about to win, then lost and got evicted because of a nonsensical question about hamsters or whatever.

Chima Simone of BB11 was thrown out of the house when she had a tantrum over her HOH being rigged. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, phlebas said:

Has Fessy convinced himself KC will remove one of them from the block so Angela can put up Sam?

Doubtful, but remember when Fessy made the comment last week that he could never put up Angela and Kaycee because they would never win anything and he could beat them? 

Well, I know he had no control over Angela winning HOH, but Kaycee sure beat him in veto so those two who he wouldn't put up for that reason are sending him home for winning the comps!

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, phlebas said:

Has Fessy convinced himself KC will remove one of them from the block so Angela can put up Sam?

KC will not use the veto and Angela is keeping the noms the same, just watch. She hates Fessy and Hayleigh and probably wants Hayleigh gone. 

2 minutes ago, DakotaLavender said:

KC will not use the veto and Angela is keeping the noms the same, just watch. She hates Fessy and Hayleigh and probably wants Hayleigh gone. 

Oh *I* know that.  But I walk in a different world than Fessy does :)

Edited by phlebas
  • Love 5

I’ve decided I want Rockstar to win the Battleback, put on the block one more time for shits and giggles and then first out on the DE swiftly followed by Haleigh. Bye bye FOUTTE.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

I still miss Elissa. She inspired me to think about doing yoga.

This made me laugh so hard!

9 hours ago, vb68 said:

I always foget to ask, but does anybody else get distanced by how far that bone on Brett's wrist juts out?  He must've broke his wrist before or something.

All I can ever notice about Brett now is his teeth lol.

8 hours ago, LordBowen said:

Hope Brett doesn't go quietly. 

He will. Everyone will now. It's a long, tedious, boring march to the end at this point.

6 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Just an aside to say that Schitt's Creek is one of the funniest shows ever.

YES!

2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

They can get scissors on Thursdays to do trims since they don't need anymore footage for the week. They don't let them drastically alter their appearance though.

Kaycee winning veto is funny because Fessy was so sure she couldn't win, but it's Kaycee and she sucks so hard, so it's difficult to get excited about it.

I have decided I hope RS wins the battle back. No one coming back will really change anything game-wise, so I'm just looking to the drama. The only one who might cause it is RS since she will have full-on hate for Brett and Angela. So, maybe she could start a fun fight before she's evicted again at least.

This season has fully morphed into BB12. And thank goodness I don't give a shit anymore or I'd be pissed that BBAD was on last night when the feeds weren't. Actually, I am pissed about that. We pay for the fucking feeds, they should never be blocked if they're showing BBAD. Utter bullshit.

What was the veto comp?

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, PhoneCop said:

FTFY.

Ibid.

On the one hand: Most likely. And absolutely, it'll be total bullshit.

OTOH: Given how well the twists have worked out so far this season—Tyler won't even have to use his power because the other side is stupid enough to have painted itself into the corner it's in!—I'm just gonna wait and see. Still, though. Surely the producers of any other show would've learned their lesson by now, at least for the remainder of the summer, but again, more gooder.

I think Tyler’s power was only good through this week so it won’t be used now. 

2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

They get scissors on Thursday. Sam gives a lot of them haircuts. Now that I think about it, watching her do her hair for noms it did seem a little shorter. 

• Love 3

I wonder if Tyler has ever had a genuine conversation with anyone in the house (I dont think JC has, but I think he is a sociopath). Tyler seems like a really nice person, but he is always so guarded and "ON".

Edited by Christi
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, lilabennet said:

Something I no longer want to quote.  How the heck do you delete a quotation box after you've changed your mind about using the quote?  I've had this problem before, and it drives me batty.  Thalia  PS, I just went and looked at the site FAQ and didn't see anything on this issue.  I am not sure if I am missing it, or if I should ask a question there.  Thanks. 

Haleigh and Tyler are talking, and while I missed a good deal of the convo trying to delete the quote box in the above message, the reason I came here was the part of the convo about the Veto and Battle Back.  VETO:  H described a scorpion pitching balls at the contestants.  She caught 13.  Fessy is mad because he dropped so many.  Also, she said Fessy blames their being on the block on the fact that he used the veto on himself a few weeks ago.  

BB:  I wonder if they know about the BB?  Tyler just said something like, "whoever leaves on Thursday may only be gone 10 minutes." 

Edited by Thalia
  • Love 1

The production comments are funny this year.  Sam was telling a story that I can never unhear, about how she was frightened by some pubic hair as a child.  I am not kidding.  So, as she told Halieigh, it was at that point, I decided to start shaving down there as soon as I could."

BB:  "You've got to be kidding me." 

Sam thought that was funny, and she said at some point last night the voice said, "remember to enjoy yourself houseguests, these are the good old days." 

Of course, neither Haleigh or Sam heard it, so maybe it was just one of the voices in her head. 

Edited by Thalia
  • Love 3

By the way, the easiest way to get rid of a quote box? Click on the box and press the Delete button on your keyboard (at least on PC; not sure what it would be for Mac). If you hover your mouse over the quote box, it'll tell you to press control and right click and that's another way you can delete it.

Just now, Cutty said:

I'm interested to see if JC tries to get the target onto Haleigh. I can't imagine he wants to lose Fessy this week.

I'm not positive if JC will fight for Fessy to stay. Maybe he will, but it wouldn't work anyway. It's funny that he thinks he can control L6 and cause mistrust in their alliance like he did with the Hive/FOUTTE, but he forgets one simple thing: L6 is smarter, so they've already been catching on. I'm hoping JC keeps doing this for Tyler sees him as a liability, rather than an asset. 

• Love 7

Sam and Tyler are having a whisper session in the bathroom.  Based solely on what Sam says about Haleigh, the CIA really needs to recruit H.  She apparently makes Mata Hari look like a wannabe, what with being all seductive, and evil, and tantalizing and all.   I'm guessing all that pimple cream on H's face right now is part of her beguiling charm.  Hussy! 

Tyler told Sam that, if asked, she should say that she was in a F2 with Scottie.  Tyler continues to play Sam like a violin.  Tyler to Sam:  "I don't thank you enough for the things you do."  Sam: "Your mama can thank me when we get out." 

Thanks, Lady Calypso.  I have a Mac.  I tried both methods, and neither of them seemed to work.  Of course, the reason I have a Mac is that I am no computer genius and need things to be as easy as possible, so is it possible I am missing something.  The last time it happened to me, I ended up shutting off my computer and restarting, but I didn't feel like doing that this time. 

Edited by Thalia
  • Love 5

Sam just told Tyler that he's never cleaned a thing and that he should not clean a thing.  He said that he has cleaned things and Sam said, "You do, but you shouldn't."  What the hell?  I've been half listening so I'm not sure what the reasoning is in her mind.  I wish Haleigh could have heard that comment.

• Love 12
15 hours ago, Nashville said:
19 hours ago, mikewho said:

I don't think Sam could keep up this hick persona for so many weeks just to be on TV. I've seen some of those pics and she does look very pretty, but she doesn't have to be one or the other. Both impressions of her can be true. People are multi-faceted.

Sam talked about this a week or two ago in a BY conversation.  Up until a couple of years ago she was cute and hot and sexy (and Sam did look great, no question), but Sam got sick of that image of herself because it all was so fake - hair extensions, makeup, fake eyelashes, fake nails, constant near-starvation dieting, etc.  So Sam walked away from the vast majority of it, and has been happier ever since.

Fair enough. But just because Sam gave up the 'look' she'd been keeping because she got tired of it, doesn't mean she created some hick persona instead. I still say, both can be facets of who she is. Many of us go through changes, but they're all part of who we've been.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, zorak said:

Sam just told Tyler that he's never cleaned a thing and that he should not clean a thing.  He said that he has cleaned things and Sam said, "You do, but you shouldn't."  What the hell?  I've been half listening so I'm not sure what the reasoning is in her mind.  I wish Haleigh could have heard that comment.

I think Sam meant that their relationship should be more even, wrt what they contribute. Tyler obviously steers her in the game and gives her game advice. Sam feels what she brings is the cleaning. So if Tyler starts cleaning too, then Sam is bringing nothing extra to their relationship. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, zorak said:

This might be her referencing something she was discussing with Angela last night -- part of female empowerment is their ability to cook and clean for their men.  She doesn't think men should clean at all, because that is what makes women powerful.  Angela was playing nice and nodding along, but added that should only be if the woman WANTS to do things, not because she is expected to...I don't think Sam was onboard with that part.  She was clearly not born in the right era.

• Love 18
17 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

I’m pretty sure the “these are the good old days” message has been used about this point in prior seasons as well. 

BB said it a week or so ago the day they were going to be locked inside before the live show. It freaked them all out for a good while. 

Any fan of the show would think a battle back is coming up. It’s always 4 people. So I don’t think it’s wierd they’re suddenly all thinking about it. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Christi said:

I wonder if Tyler has ever had a genuine conversation with anyone in the house (I dont think JC has, but I think he is a sociopath). Tyler seems like a really nice person, but he is always so guarded and "ON".

I think he has- he's talked about his family and his dad dying and how that was hard etc. 

• Love 4

Sam is a nut job I could do with out. She is so annoying. I wish she self evicted weeks ago. Just STFU!!! Whew!!!

So, it seems Fessy is going out this week and then there is the BB. It will be interesting no matter who wins. If it’s Bayleigh she’ll have a few choice words. That said, if she does then we have to from Swaggy which I could do without. RockStar might have words for Brett from his goodbye message. Scottie would be alone in the house since Fessy would lose. And, Fessy could walk right back in and he & Haleigh could regain some ground again. It should be a fun week no matter who returns. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, laurakaye said:

7 hours ago, Wings said:

I missed the hair cut, too.  It couldn’t have been much because it looks the same. 

Rules schmules. JC had hair on his head when he entered the house. Production is really lax this year 

Every Thursday when they get scissors, she’s been doing trims/cleaning up ends for whoever asks. 

This time it was Haleigh who asked for a trim with Sam telling herself she’d cut her own hair after. 

I didn’t realize what she’d done, length-wise, until I got a glimpse of her curling it on Friday into the look below. It looks like she took off at least a couple of inches as it was too long to have achieved curls like these pre-snipping.

The resemblance to Tyler was real on Friday night with the blonde/brown contrast and the tight curls depending on where she was in relation to the camera.

58EFE9FA-629E-4A7A-85E5-E0D98F1885D1.jpeg

94BDFDC5-D38B-4A95-B4DA-50B65B77306E.jpeg

• Love 5
1 hour ago, leocadia said:

This might be her referencing something she was discussing with Angela last night -- part of female empowerment is their ability to cook and clean for their men.  She doesn't think men should clean at all, because that is what makes women powerful.  Angela was playing nice and nodding along, but added that should only be if the woman WANTS to do things, not because she is expected to...I don't think Sam was onboard with that part.  She was clearly not born in the right era.

That's some serious Phyllis Schlafly bullshit. Does Sam know today is Women's Equality Day?

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Christi said:

Ditto Thalia, those unwanted quote boxes are so frustrating

Easiest way I know is to put your cursor at the start of the line immediately below the unwanted quote box, then backspace a time or two.

If you don’t have a line immediately following the quote box - put your cursor at the very end of the very last line in the quote box, and hit Enter/Return a couple of times.  It’ll create a blank line separate from and below the quote.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Easiest way I know is to put your cursor at the start of the line immediately below the unwanted quote box, then backspace a time or two.

If you don’t have a line immediately following the quote box - put your cursor at the very end of the very last line in the quote box, and hit Enter/Return a couple of times.  It’ll create a blank line separate from and below the quote.

Thanks, Nashville! That worked perfectly on my Mac. (I had the line below the quote box.)

• Love 3