Type keyword(s) to search

The Flash in the Media

Lisin
  • Start Topic

EW: Emmy snubs:

http://www.ew.com/gallery/drama-ewwy-awards-2015-emmy-snubs/2252003_best-actor-grant-gustin-flash

"Best Actor: Grant Gustin, The Flash

I never thought I’d cry because of The Flash, but then Grant Gustin brought me to tears in the season 1 finale, “Fast Enough.” Gustin was turning in great performances weekly since the series premiere, though, crafting a heroic persona who is as much a figure to look up to as he is a best friend you want to have. Coupled with an ensemble cast that only elevated his performance, Gustin quickly became the heart and soul of the show, making it difficult to imagine someone else in the scarlet speedster’s shoes. —Jonathon Dornbush"

• Love 1

The new suit looks like a halfway-there version of the one Future!Flash wore: the logo circle is white, but so is the piping on the seams (rather than yellow), and it looks like it's still the darker red from S1 rather than the bright scarlet.  I could see Barry not being anxious to get into the future colors so quickly.

With the Emmy nomination, the visual effects company decided to release a VFX breakdown/sizzle reel:

So some of those street shots are CGI? That's crazy.

• Love 1
(edited)

Here's an eight minute blooper reel.

http://io9.com/8-minutes-of-flash-bloopers-brings-new-meaning-to-the-t-1720677935

It's cute. I was struck though, by how little of Candice there is in it. Eight minutes is a good length reel and most everyone in the main cast has lots of shots, but Candice is barely in it. You wouldn't even be able to tell that she's part of the cast, much less the female lead watching it. Either she never makes mistakes or she's not funny when she does, I guess.

Edited by cynic
  • Love 1

Here's an eight minute blooper reel.

http://io9.com/8-minutes-of-flash-bloopers-brings-new-meaning-to-the-t-1720677935

It's cute. I was struck though, by how little of Candice there is in it. Eight minutes is a good length reel and most everyone in the main cast has lots of shots, but Candice is barely in it. You wouldn't even be able to tell that she's part of the cast, much less the female lead watching it. Either she never makes mistakes or she's not funny when she does, I guess.

I think we can safely say that the reason she's not shown in the clips has nothing to do with mistakes or not being funny - the PR department seems to be on a mission to literally erase her.  I'm sick to death of it.  She rarely appeared in promos all season 1 - oddly enough, the Canadian and other international markets actually had different promos that featured Candice in all of them (you know, since she's the damn lead).  But the U.S. (racist) PR department seems intent on trying to sell DP as female lead, even though she's not.

We all know why - let's stop tiptoeing around it.

Edited by phoenics
  • Love 2

Some mildly spoiler-y bits in this:

I'm most excited that

the West family will play a significant role in the upcoming season (that should include Mama West, right?)

, not excited about

still more secrets and strain between Iris and Joe.

Grant Gustin apparently already won the Breakout Star award, but he won't be there- he just sent in a video thank you message. I think Candice Patton will be there- she may be presenting, unless the show won something else. What are its nominations again?

Flash producer Gabrielle Stanton previews Season 2.

Where is Barry Allen’s head at, after everything he went through last season?

STANTON: He went through a lot, at the end of last season. He’s definitely going to start this season with a step back and be like, “What am I doing? Why am I doing this?” If last season was the journey of Barry discovering he’s a hero, this season is definitely him trying to figure out what that means. <...> That’s something he’s going to be struggling with, for the first half of the season. Some of it is learning how to be okay with his past decisions, some of it is learning how to make better decisions, in the future, and some of it is about how he can let people help him make decisions.

I going to comment on some of the juicier bits in the spoiler thread.

Why is that intriguing? He's supposed to be related to Iris in someway. It would make sense for Wally West to audition with Iris West.  I would hope he's involved in her storyline for this season. 

Better quality of the promo:

I wish they had done a more faithful version of Jay Garrick's Flash outfit. It was already so simple; I do think it needs the yellow lightning bolt.

Edited by Trini