Type keyword(s) to search

The Flash in the Media

Lisin
  • Start Topic

I don't know why they can't find a space for Iris in the crossovers. It really tells you who they think is necessary to both shows, doesn't it? Caitlin and Cisco? Absolutely. Iris? Nope. That really, really irritates me.

• Love 2

But we have to put up with bloody Oliver and Felicity in The Flash.

Honestly everytime I see Stephen Amell's face I want to punch it. He is a symbol of everything wrong with US TV. He has no real talent, except well defined abs, and continues to make misogynist and racist statements which he gets away with because his a vaguely famous straight white man.

• Love 7

But we have to put up with bloody Oliver and Felicity in The Flash.

Honestly everytime I see Stephen Amell's face I want to punch it. He is a symbol of everything wrong with US TV. He has no real talent, except well defined abs, and continues to make misogynist and racist statements which he gets away with because his a vaguely famous straight white man.

And then he plays the victim. Disgusting.

• Love 1

I don't know why they can't find a space for Iris in the crossovers. It really tells you who they think is necessary to both shows, doesn't it? Caitlin and Cisco? Absolutely. Iris? Nope. That really, really irritates me.

If I was in the writer's room, I would have shown Iris investigating little strange and odd things happening in every episode... like one or two small scenes of her noticing weird stuff and running it down herself... Even the episode with the "trust fall" where Barry caught her could have been this one story she's working on that she isn't sharing yet because she doesn't have all of the pieces. It could even be little scenes of her coming home at odd hours and Barry or Joe noticing, or her emerging from weird places, and even when Barry caught her - being really cagey about what she's been working on...

Like how in S1 she was investigating on her own about metas and figured out that the particle accelerator explosion caused the metas - why couldn't they have her solo investigating (in aired scenes) something weird connected to what Vandal Savage (that's the villain from LoT, right) was doing?

Then it would have seamlessly flowed into LoT and she could be there informationally to help with research since she was the source of all intel they had on what was happening.

IF the writers had been smart, they would have had her look seemingly buried in her work all year (with the team believing she's burying her emotions about Eddie (which would be true) and constantly researching stuff and hunting down leads - doing all of these random "investigations" that seem disconnected, but then she gets the one piece of intel that makes it all clear and then she gets rescued by Hawkgirl seconds before Barry is able to - heh... and then all hell breaks loose.

The writing team is really not bright.

Edited by phoenics
  • Love 3

You know what really bothers me about that sneak peek? Iris IS an investigative reporter, right? You don't think she could maybe, I don't know, be the person who actually helps find out stuff about metas, or Grodd or whatever. I mean she could EASILY be the person giving Joe that information she dug up and not Patty.

On another note, about Joe's "see you at home," line- I guess that answers where Iris has been living? She, Joe and Barry all live at Joe's again together?

• Love 4

You know what really bothers me about that sneak peek? Iris IS an investigative reporter, right? You don't think she could maybe, I don't know, be the person who actually helps find out stuff about metas, or Grodd or whatever. I mean she could EASILY be the person giving Joe that information she dug up and not Patty.

On another note, about Joe's "see you at home," line- I guess that answers where Iris has been living? She, Joe and Barry all live at Joe's again together?

Which means that Barry will move out when Wally gets there - and probably move in with Patty.  Yay.  Not.

I didn't take his statement as an afterthought. He mentioned Iris by name to note that 'yes, we didn't forget about her'* -- that's how I interpreted it.

*Although the show, so far, tells a different story....

• Love 2

I didn't take his statement as an afterthought. He mentioned Iris by name to note that 'yes, we didn't forget about her'* -- that's how I interpreted it.

*Although the show, so far, tells a different story....

I think your last sentence is exactly why people are taking his statement the way they are. If we hadn't been seeing the writers showing Iris as an after thought, people would have givng him the benefit of the doubt.

• Love 2

Music by Blake Neely from Season 1.

La-La Land Records, DC Comics and Warner Bros. Television presents the original score to THE FLASH, a 2-CD collection of thrilling score music tracks from the debut season of the smash hit television series THE FLASH, ...

(ETA: This is just a special edition, it seems. The soundtrack is available through Water Tower Music.)

Edited by Trini

Preview of episode 2.09 (after the crossover); spoilers.

I wish I could be hopeful about Wally/Iris interactions but I can't. I remember being excited and hopeful about Iris and her mother, all I got was mostly crap and not much screen time for Iris. So I can't get excited about anything that have to do with Iris until I see it on my screen.

• Love 3

Oh YAY!!! This makes me really happy, lol. I love musical scores - I wish Roswell had released their score music. A few other shows too. The only issue is that they made it cd only? WTH? Is it 1998 again?

It's on iTunes, etc., too! Here's another link. http://www.watertower-music.com/releases/release.php?title=flashseason1

[sorry, it looks like that first link was just for a special edition?]

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1

I'm surprised they don't have a comic preview, or any sneak peeks for the crossover ... yet?

So far just spoilers and pics from both episodes, right? And the promo...

I just realized - Caitlin isn't in any of them either. That would surprise me.

Wow they are totally going for the Hawkman/Hawkgirl storyline... although I feel like they mashed up a bit of the JLU story into it as well. And did he call her Chayera? As in CHAYERA Hall?!?!

Oh snap.

Crap - I really will have to watch this show. I love Chayera. And this time there is no GL Jon Stewart. Hmmmm.

Confusing though - the JL and JLU show mashed up the history and made Carter Hall "confused" by some old relic and gave the epic soulmate love story part to Jon Stewart instead...

And Barry - no you cannot kill Vandal Savage. You gon learn today, son.

Edited by phoenics

Wow they are totally going for the Hawkman/Hawkgirl storyline... although I feel like they mashed up a bit of the JLU story into it as well. And did he call her Chayera? As in CHAYERA Hall?!?!

Oh snap.

Crap - I really will have to watch this show. I love Chayera. And this time there is no GL Jon Stewart. Hmmmm.

Confusing though - the JL and JLU show mashed up the history and made Carter Hall "confused" by some old relic and gave the epic soulmate love story part to Jon Stewart instead...

And Barry - no you cannot kill Vandal Savage. You gon learn today, son.

I so agree with this. I was already looking forward to watching this show and this clip makes me want to watch it more.

• Love 1

Man - a couple of commenters on that article are salty as hell that Iris actually has a ton of fans who are excited that she might actually get a real storyline via Wally West... and be front and center.

I'm still not holding my breath - but wow at the haters.

You should go on IMDB sometime. They bash and try to shout down anyone who says anything positive about her there. They've chased most of the pro-Iris posters away. It pisses me off.

You should go on IMDB sometime. They bash and try to shout down anyone who says anything positive about her there. They've chased most of the pro-Iris posters away. It pisses me off.

I learned to stay away from places like that after Sleepy Hollow. It's a hate echo chamber. They are particularly hard on women of color. They hated on Abbie Mills so hard - and in openly racist posts. Disgusting. I don't think TPTB take that forum seriously. It's worse than youtube.

I so agree with this. I was already looking forward to watching this show and this clip makes me want to watch it more.

I forgot to add too that there is a small touch of "Hancock" too in it - with her not remembering who she is... is it like that overtime they die? Now I have to see this. Poor Cisco though, lol.

Deleted scene from "Running to Stand Still":

At IGN you can vote for The Flash in several categories of its Best of 2015 contest; Best TV Series, Best Comic Book Series, Best Hero (Barry Allen), Best Villain (Wells/Reverse Flash).

TV Guide's Best/Worst 2015 Cheers and Jeers:

Cheers to The Flash and Arrow for digging deep into the DC Comics archives. Whether it’s Jay Garrick, Firestorm, Hawkgirl, Wally West or even Gorilla Grodd, the CW hits have saved the day for comic book fans who never thought they’d see these heroes and villains on live-action TV.

Best and Worst TV Moments from io9:

[best] Flash: Gorilla Grodd
The fact that Flash can make a super-intelligent, psychic gorilla into a reasonable thing is a goddamn miracle.

[Worst] Flash: Barry’s dad takes off immediately after spending 15 years in jail rather than spend an afternoon with his son
Trying to free his father was the thing that motivated Barry. So it’s kind of weird that when that happened, Henry just booked it so Barry could be the best Flash he can be.

• Love 2

I admit that I'm not all that interested in Killer Frost, but I'm very interested in the Reverse Flash return. I saw that Matt Letscher was posting pics of himself in the suit and showed a mold of his face saying they were making him a new cowl/mask and he's claustrophobic.

• Love 2

Thank you, driedfruit, for the link.

I agree with some of the article's points, but not all.

I think the secret-keeping from Patty makes sense at first. Barry doesn't know how serious he wants things to go and doesn't really have a reason to trust Patty with his secret. Joe? Just is Joe-ing around, brusquely keeping secrets and making a detective curious. 'Cause that's the best way to handle a secret. ::rme:: But that's how the Show has always written Joe, so not OOC.  It was when Barry's getting serious, and Patty is all 'total honesty dude; you're keeping something from me' that Barry should have told Patty, imo. Linda seems to have kept mum (but she's been out-of-town for safety reasons, so who knows.)  Patty, an obvious Flash fangirl, if not owing him her life a couple of times- and vice versa, may be another ally. It would make sense that even if she doesn't take the news well and breaks up, she knows Barry's a good guy.

Zoom: I think many things about Zoom, but not invested isn't one. I want to find out who is behind the melted mask and how the mask melted. I have a panoply of potential poltroons to choose from ( leveraging a daughter against her father is cowardly, so poltroon it is) and I want to have that shocking thrill of the unmasking. Just because I don't know now, doesn't mean I am not anticipating the reveal to come. I am invested because the E-2 version of several characters I like could be found in that suit.

Hawkgirl, Jay and Henry: I've talked in other threads about them, but I do agree with the feeling that it feels weird to intro Kendra here, bond her with a main cast character, then send her off to another show. Then again, that's why sites like this one are around- for folks who want to see what's going on without having to wade through characters you don't like/care about.

Midseason Hook: I don't mind that there wasn't one, as such. I never read the last Wells scene as a come-on for the back half of the season. Last season had an amazing reveal, so trying to top that one would have been trite, unless they had something more mind-blowing that Season 1's.  If the season is written well, you shouldn't need a 'come on back!' hook.

Iconic and Forgettable Villains: Since we don't know what's in store for the rest of the season, this seems a bit premature. We have a Flash series. It's telling cool stories. We'll get the villains. ( Unless the movie side won't play nice.)  In the next breath, the article complains about the "filler" villains; named ones with actual history.  Henry Hewitt and the not-dead folks can pop up again. It might take me a minute, but I can remember them, so forgettable is subjective.

I probably enjoyed the Firestorm episodes more than the person who wrote the article, but there were character expanding beats for Caitlin in this season's examination of Dr. Stein and his "other half". Ones that were not tied to how much she was romantically tied to Firestorm either. Barry was actually affected as well; a meta now knows who and what Barry Allen is. Granted, Hewitt is in MetaGitmo, but if not for Martin's need for molecular stability, Hewitt would be a garden-variety arrogant dude with anger issues.

Edited by Actionmage
  • Love 1