Type keyword(s) to search

The Flash in the Media

Lisin
  • Start Topic

Some of the Flash cast will make an appearance at Comic Con;

SATURDAY, JULY 11

8 pm Warner Bros. Television & DC Entertainment Present: Super Hero Saturday Night |

The three-hour event will feature a pilot screening of the highly anticipated new action series Supergirl, followed by a Q&A with stars and producers; plus, individual special video presentations and Q&As with stars and producers from Arrow, The Flash and Gotham. Also, don’t miss a special Q&A with cast and producers of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow and a peek at the new digital series Vixen.

(Hall H)

(edited)

Sorry WestAllen fans. 

They are looking to cast another love interest for Barry, that's supposed to be his Felicity. What is it with these writers, do they only have a few ideas and must replicate them on their shows? They already tried that crap on Arrow, first with Barry being like Felicity, then with Ray being like Felicity. Think of new idea's writers! How about we make a character not like Felicity. If you want to make another popular character let them come about naturally like Felicity!

http://tvline.com/2015/06/10/the-flash-season-2-barry-new-love-interest-felicity/

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

Sorry WestAllen fans. 

They are looking to cast another love interest for Barry, that's supposed to be his Felicity. What is it with these writers, do they only have a few ideas and must replicate them on their shows? They already tried that crap on Arrow, first with Barry being like Felicity, then with Ray being like Felicity. Think of new idea's writers! How about we make a character not like Felicity. If you want to make another popular character let them come about naturally like Felicity!

http://tvline.com/2015/06/10/the-flash-season-2-barry-new-love-interest-felicity/

Cisco is The Flash's Felicity, i.e., ergo, therefore, Cisco must be Barry's new love interest.

• Love 6

I'm a disappointed that there isn't even a featurette about the crossovers, with The Flash or Arrow DVDs. There were several significant things that happened on each show that affected the other show.

---

Cross-posting from the Legends forum: Candice talks about what she thinks might happen in Season 2;

and a non-spoilery bit:

Was it sad filming The Flash season finale scene with Eddie (actor Rick Cosnett)?

Patton: Was I sad? Terribly sad. Rick Cosnett has become one of my dearest, dearest friends. We shoot in Canada and it's difficult for me to be away from friends and family for nine months out of the year. And so you make friends with the people you work with. You have to. So Rick really became a person that I saw every day. And I just remember shooting that scene where he shoots himself and I couldn't get through the take. I just couldn't take it, because it was just the ugly cry and they were like 'We can't use that, the ugly cry.' It was very, very, hard, that day of shooting.

• Love 1

A short piece about Carlos Valdes and his career so far from Emmy magazine;

Born in Colombia, Valdés moved to Miami at age five with his mother and brother. He spent his teen years in Marietta, Georgia, where his love of music and theater blossomed.

“Being part of a Latin American culture, especially the one that I come from, music and dancing are principal elements,” notes the multi-instrumentalist and vocalist. “It’s in our blood. I didn’t notice my musical abilities until I was 14 or 15. Then I went off like a rocket. Suddenly, I was composing, playing and singing."

Grant and Candice nominated for Teen Choice Awards:

Choice TV: Breakout Star - #ChoiceTVBreakoutStar

Grant Gustin, “The Flash”

Bryshere “Yazz” Gray, “Empire”

Candice Patton, “The Flash”

Gina Rodriguez, “Jane The Virgin”

Yara Shahidi, “Black-ish”

Jussie Smollett, “Empire”

WestAllen also nominated for two categories:

Choice TV: Chemistry - #ChoiceTVChemistry

Jensen Ackles & Misha Collins, “Supernatural”

Trai Byers, Bryshere “Yazz” Gray, Taraji P. Henson, Terrence Howard and Jussie Smollett, “Empire”

Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting, Simon Helberg, Kunal Nayyar, “The Big Bang Theory”

Kat Graham & Ian Somerhalder, “The Vampire Diaries”

Grant Gustin & Candice Patton, “The Flash”

Ross Lynch & Laura Marano, “Austin & Ally” 

Choice TV: Liplock - #ChoiceTVLiplock

Candice Accola & Paul Wesley, “The Vampire Diaries”

Nina Dobrev & Ian Somerhalder, “The Vampire Diaries”

Jennifer Morrison & Colin O'Donoghue, “Once Upon A Time”

Candice Patton & Grant Gustin, “The Flash”

Emily Bett Rickards & Stephen Amell, “Arrow”

Gina Rodriguez & Justin Baldoni, “Jane The Virgin”

• Love 1

Also Tom Cavanagh:

Choice TV Villain - #ChoiceTVVillain

"A," “Pretty Little Liars”

Tom Cavanagh, “The Flash”

The Dread Doctors, “Teen Wolf”

Terrence Howard, “Empire”

Matt Nable, “Arrow”

Chris Wood, “The Vampire Diaries”

And if anyone needs a laugh, check out the twitter account for Grant's mustache: https://twitter.com/GrantsMoustache

• Love 1

At ComicCon this week, they've got some of the costumes from the show on display. What's interesting is that on the Flash's costume the chest emblem is white instead of red. The other sites are labelling it a "new" costume (for Season 2), but I don't think that it is, necessarily. We saw that version of the costume already in Season 1. I expect that we'll see the same costume with the red background emblem (maybe a few tweaks); the white background emblem will be for any alternate timeline glimpses.

(edited)

Multi deaths that always get reconned (annoying). 

2 canaries seems redundant to me, pick one. She is the most random of them all Imo.  

In any case Im not hating, I just don't get or care for this inclusion. 

Cold next, to me he just has a really bad history & personality,  to get past so easily and believe he can be a  "legend" .  Heat is weird too but I suppose he is  passable. 

Edited by Conell
(edited)
Multi deaths that always get reconned (annoying).

What, you mean like every single comic book character ever?

2 canaries seems redundant to me, pick one. She is the most random of them all Imo.

Well, the people have obviously picked one. She'd be the only if not for the stubborn "it's comics" attitude of some of the creators.

That said, it's just a nickname. There are Green and Red Arrows as well (at least in the comics and who knows what's going to happen on the show). Batman and Batgirl and Batwoman. Superman and Supergirl. Etc. What's wrong with White and Black Canaries, especially on different shows? I genuinely don't understand.

As for Cold and Heat yeah, can't argue on that. They aren't even that popular, especially Heatwave.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 4
(edited)

The trailer was about the shows they are promoting. Arrow is about Oliver since he's the Arrow, The Flash is about Barry because he's the Flash, LoT is going to show everyone one that team, Rip Hunter, Hawkgirl, Capt. Cold, White Canary, Atom, Firestorm and Heatwave. That is why they were focused on. So it's not strange at all and makes complete sense. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2
Batman and Batgirl and Batwoman. Superman and Supergirl. Etc. What's wrong with White and Black Canaries, especially on different shows? I genuinely don't understand.

The canaries are too alike to be spilt into 2 Imo, thats the difference I see with the other examples there. The current comics reverted backs to having one Black Canary, looks to me they realised this long term mistake. TV cant get a clue?. The way I see it its one character thats has a habit of being overstretched into two people unnecessarily, so I have never been a fan even in comics.  I think this does neither character any favor (Sara/Laurel)  and will have negative consequences for both characters & actors later on.   Just my 2 cents really.

A Great cast, only the writing can ever let this show down. Great teaser for season 2 though, looks very promising. 

But Harrison Wells/Thawne meh, I would rather he is not back full time, it never ends well when people especially villains overstay too long.  Excited for Patty, though I hate the WestAllen stalling tactics. 

(edited)
The canaries are too alike to be spilt into 2 Imo, thats the difference I see with the other examples there. The current comics reverted backs to having one Black Canary, looks to me they realised this long term mistake.

How alike? One's a former assassin, the other's a lawyer. One's bisexual, the other's straight. One has to deal with her past crimes and tries to redeem herself for them, the other's preoccupied with trying to become her sister (I guess this may be the only "similarity" between them. Well, and Oliver). Still, they are both different enough and the actresses also have very different "feel" about them. Hell, I see way more in common between, say, Sara and MCU's Black Widow than between her and Laurel.

As for the comics, Sara's White Canary is pretty much an original character. She has nothing to do with the comic book White Canary. (Hell, I could say the same thing about Laurel and Dinah Lance, but at least they share a name).

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 3
(edited)

Each to their own, I just feel their few differences are not enough to compensate for the shared alter ego. The differences could easily been integrated in a single character anyway IMO. The characters seem diluted and written interchangeably to me. Not to mention the shade and wars from fandom/writers this  Canary "split" will bring back again.  I feel sorry for both actors Caity & Katie, (gosh they even cast the actors with similar names *facepalm*), they & their characters are not respected and are put in war zone again. The whole Canaries biz lessens my interest for Legends Of Tomorrow but maybe It wont be a dealbreaker as I feel there are a lot of other good stuff on offer. Arrow is a different story to me, so much shit with that show. This Canaries thing is a huge mess there Imo. Eh why do I care.

Edited by Conell
(edited)

I only recognize one Canary, which is Sara. The character on Arrow is just some person that happens to share the same name as a comic character. I didn't watch season 3 of Arrow and I didn't watch Laurel's episode on the Flash. She does not exist to me.

So I'm fine with watching Sara on Legends since I only plan on watching LoT and maybe the Flash. I won't have any issues.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1
(edited)
I only recognize one Canary, which is Sara. The character on Arrow is just some person that happens to share the same name as a comic character.

Good for you if you can wish it away somehow, some Sara or Laurel fans are not going to be dealing with the other team existence very well. Not to mention the writers immature ways in dealing with the Canary sisters.

In any case Im out of it, I just hope the Canary shit biz & wars don't spread to The Flash, the only DCCW show I actually feel  very hopeful for. Grrr this whole shared universe can be a pain sometimes

Edited by Conell
(edited)

Emmy nomination!

Outstanding Special Visual Effects

Black Sails • XVIII • Starz

The Flash • Grodd Lives • CW • Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television
Armen V. Kevorkian, Visual Effects Supervisor
James Baldanzi, Visual Effects Producer
Keith Hamakawa, Associate Visual Effects Supervisor
Jason Shulman, Animation Supervisor
Stefan Bredereck, 3D Supervisor
Kurt Smith, 3D Character Artist
Lorenzo Mastrobuono, 3D Artist
Andranik Taranyan, Compositing Supervisor
Gevork Babityan, Lead Compositing Artist

Game Of Thrones • The Dance Of Dragons • HBO
Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. • The Dirty Half Dozen • ABC
Vikings • To The Gates! • HISTORY