Type keyword(s) to search

DCC Q&A: Mysteries of the DCC World

• Start Topic

On 7/10/2017 at 7:31 AM, twinkietwin94 said:

So I've only seen from season seven on and only the pay the seasons more than once...I know we've seen social media training, what not to wear, I now know about dining etiquette sessions, have they every done a meeting with the girls on how to handle hospital visits? @ShellyB do you all discuss with the girls what to say and how to handle emotions when visiting hospitals? I think that would be a great segments, informative for everyone.

I cannot recall if they've ever shown any hospital visits on the show before, but the girls are always well advised on how to handle nursing homes & hospital visits, with regards to the different dynamics they will encounter. Definitely a good idea for an episode...some of my fondest memories as a DCC. 

• Love 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, ShellyB said:

I cannot recall if they've ever shown any hospital visits on the show before

I guess that's a tricky thing with HIPAA.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I guess that's a tricky thing with HIPAA.

It would be.  I do therapy dog work with my lab.  In most places, no photos are allowed ever.  The residents or relatives or nurses can take them if asked, but I cannot.  I don't even take my phone in.  Last month a feature story was done on my dog and a couple of others at a children's hospital, and the every child that had his photo taken with my dog had to get the parent to sign a waiver/permission slip.  

• Love 4
(edited)

The visits would be tricky but I'd love to see the informational session they have with the girls on how to handle the visits, what they'll see, what they should and shouldn't say, etc.

Edited by twinkietwin94
Bc autocorrect sucks
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, mmm said:

I saw this on reddit , do they really pay for flying & photo expenses ? 

I think that's accurate for game day, but no. The organization pays  for travel expenses. Also, I'm 90% sure that hair is done free by the chosen salon. At least that's how it works for the Thunder Girls here 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

@SHELLYB 

Game fee is inaccurate; depending on event, travel is taken care of by client or DCFC. Practice hours are way off. Hair is sponsored although gratuity is mandatory and paid by the girls. They do their own makeup for appearances, shows and games, using their own products. Some special events, i.e. Photo shoots, tv appearances (not CMT), makeup artists are on hand. 

• Love 6
Just now, ShellyB said:

Game fee is inaccurate; depending on event, travel is taken care of by client or DCFC. Practice hours are way off. Hair is sponsored although gratuity is mandatory and paid by the girls. They do their own makeup for appearances, shows and games, using their own products. Some special events, i.e. Photo shoots, tv appearances (not CMT), makeup artists are on hand. 

As a licensed, practicing esthetician, lash tech and makeup artist, THANK YOU for teaching the girls about gratuity!! Gratuity when warranted and customary is classy, gracious and just good business. Many don't know this. Yet another life lesson from the DC org for these young women!

• Love 11
1 hour ago, QuiteCalM said:

As a licensed, practicing esthetician, lash tech and makeup artist, THANK YOU for teaching the girls about gratuity!! Gratuity when warranted and customary is classy, gracious and just good business. Many don't know this. Yet another life lesson from the DC org for these young women!

I cannot imagine NOT leaving gratuity!

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Nor can I. How embarrassing. 

I will be ashamed to admit this, but for a long time I didnt know about gratuity for things like getting ones hair done. Then again I didnt have it done very often, mostly just to keep it from getting tangled. Once I learned, I felt really bad and now anytime I set up an appointment, I always make sure to have extra on hand for a tip. Even more so when I am getting something done using a gift card.

• Love 2
(edited)
13 minutes ago, jadecorleone said:

I will be ashamed to admit this, but for a long time I didnt know about gratuity for things like getting ones hair done. Then again I didnt have it done very often, mostly just to keep it from getting tangled. Once I learned, I felt really bad and now anytime I set up an appointment, I always make sure to have extra on hand for a tip. Even more so when I am getting something done using a gift card.

GOOD for you! No shame if you plain old didn't know :-)

Also, I don't feel that a tip for shitty service, be it a restaurant, a spa or anywhere else, is mandatory. I work hard to earn my tips. If I gave half-assed service or service with a grimace, I am entitled to exactly none of your own hard-earned money!

I also don't generally tip at a coffee shop where I get my own coffee (thank you for me walking up to the counter? No.), or when I'm ordering takeout *that I pick up*. I was a server for six years, a coffee barista for nearly two, and I am now a tipped employee and I'm sorry, you pouring me a cup of coffee is not a tip-worthy service, unless you go above and #beyond.

Edited by QuiteCalM
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 7/16/2017 at 3:19 PM, ShellyB said:

Thank you Shelly! I read that line on that reddit post and instantly thought bull***. No way on this planet 6 hours a WEEK would be enough for Judy to be satisfied.

Heck - high school teams practice more than that!

Edited by Java
  • Love 2

@ShellyB, I have always been curious about how the serious boyfriend/husband/fiance of DCC feel about their lady being a DCC. Since you have actually met someone, been engaged and been married as one(all to the same person of course), do they become friends with each other? Do they have problems with jealousy or feel insecure about all the attention from men?  I have noticed many of them get married quickly after they retire. I already know they are positive about it and guys everywhere could only dream of gaining the heart of a DCC, but what are some other things they experience being obviously in a unique situation?  

Not sure if where to post this but I saw a book written by Sharon Simmons was wearing  a DCC uniform but never made the squad.  I would think DCC would have a real problem with this and do something about it.  Gotta say it bugs me that she is wearing the uniform and is acting like she was a cheerleader when she never was.

57 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

Not sure if where to post this but I saw a book written by Sharon Simmons was wearing  a DCC uniform but never made the squad.  I would think DCC would have a real problem with this and do something about it.  Gotta say it bugs me that she is wearing the uniform and is acting like she was a cheerleader when she never was.

I'm curious as well if this is legal action worthy even though it's just the Halloween Costume.  The title insinuates that she made the team and most people don't recognize the fake uniform from real. 

IMG_1939.PNG

• Love 1

I think winning a contest the Cowboys set up themselves is different than some random person wearing a knockoff uniform on the cover of a book.  I know I read on a thread on this site people were lying about being a DCC in the past and they spent a lot of time discrediting them.  I wish they would do that with this person.

11 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

@ShellyB, I have always been curious about how the serious boyfriend/husband/fiance of DCC feel about their lady being a DCC. Since you have actually met someone, been engaged and been married as one(all to the same person of course), do they become friends with each other? Do they have problems with jealousy or feel insecure about all the attention from men?  I have noticed many of them get married quickly after they retire. I already know they are positive about it and guys everywhere could only dream of gaining the heart of a DCC, but what are some other things they experience being obviously in a unique situation?  

I think it's very different being a boyfriend of a DCC than a husband. Depending on the seriousness of the relationship, determines how one handles it. In my case, we definitely had some moments with being married and being a DCC to balance. The time commitment seems to be the biggest thing for husbands. Even if they happened to be a BF and then a husband, some switch gets flipped. I suppose, once you've made vows to build a life together, most nights and some weekends are consumed by DCC activities leaving husbands feeling left out of the hoopla.

• Love 4
On 7/22/2017 at 0:43 AM, ShellyB said:

I think it's very different being a boyfriend of a DCC than a husband. Depending on the seriousness of the relationship, determines how one handles it. In my case, we definitely had some moments with being married and being a DCC to balance. The time commitment seems to be the biggest thing for husbands. Even if they happened to be a BF and then a husband, some switch gets flipped. I suppose, once you've made vows to build a life together, most nights and some weekends are consumed by DCC activities leaving husbands feeling left out of the hoopla.

Thanks. And on a personal note. Did you notice your husband in the audience while you were performing or did you not see him until meeting and signing photos?    Such a cute story!!!!❤

On 7/21/2017 at 3:30 PM, heatherrrrz said:

That is the WORST knockoff costume I've ever seen. That's totally a Halloween costume.

It looks like a fire hazard too!

8 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Thanks. And on a personal note. Did you notice your husband in the audience while you were performing or did you not see him until meeting and signing photos?    Such a cute story!!!!❤

We met at the fence line in GITMO, he was the officer in charge. The Marines on duty that day had missed our first performance, so we went to the fence line to take pics and say hello. He was the first person I talked  to when we arrived. 

• Love 15
9 hours ago, ShellyB said:

We met at the fence line in GITMO, he was the officer in charge. The Marines on duty that day had missed our first performance, so we went to the fence line to take pics and say hello. He was the first person I talked  to when we arrived. 

@ShellyB you  could say he "got" your heart in "GITMO"?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Dcc fan said:

Has anyone ever made show group and not the actual squad?

Awww, this made me think of Kaitlyn Legrande. I had seasons five and six on yesterday for background, and she was so cute rookie year. I had thought she was on show group as a rookie, but later in the season she was getting hammered for performance?  Maybe I got that wrong. Either way, it's always interesting to me when they're show group rookie year and then don't make it back for a second year. Hannah is the only other I can think of, if I'm remembering correctly about KL. 

A lot can change in a year for sure! 

Yea I was and am trying to watch the reruns over the internet atm (here in the uk) and the site that someone (here on this forum told me about) to watch the reruns only allow me to watch season 3 and season 5 to 11 and I am currently watching season 7 (tho the site in question is just "omg" not great so I prob missed about 3 or 4 episodes of season 7 because it would not play at all) and made me think "if anyone made show group and not the actual team" .

Tho I do hope everyone that made show group made the team because show group is meant to be those that are "the best" within the squad so based on that reason makes me think most of them that makes it into show group makes the squad. It also makes me wonder why show group audition isn't done until everyone has made the squad. But I am assuming that is because training camp "finishes" right before the first (well pre season), and more than likely because doing it within training camp gives them the time to practise all the show group materials as well as all dances with the rest of the squad etc. 

I hear other teams have their squad announced by now so they got time to practise the dances as well as doing auditions within the squad for "show group" (if those teams have a big enough team to have one that is) so maybe they have time to do that but DCC don't.

Also random question, that is not related to DCC but the cowboys (if this is the wrong thread PLEASE tell me and I would be happy if this question is moved to the correct place), but I am assuming that ShellyB can help I mean it is Cowboys related. Well more specificly, related to the DCRB. I just wondered where do the DCRB practise and during the games? I know the DCRB also has that drumline (?) that I assume has a different practise place. But where do the dancers practise? Like DCC had valley ranch (before the move to Frisco), so is there a place in The Star for DCRB dancers to practise etc and where was it before the move to Frisco? Valley Ranch?

I saw an old video of them performing on the decks outside the stadium (I remember this just now hence the question), because I think one of the season I am watching atm, Kelli Finglass, was saying group 1 had to run to perform outside  the stadium and I thought "that stage looked familiar" from a youtube vid I saw of DCRB performing on it years ago. Just wondered where they get changed etc during the game days too. Because I don't know any other organisations, besides the Cowboys who have 2 dance teams (well 1 is a cheerleading team the other is called a dance team) cheering the team on. (If I am wrong please correct me because I don't know everything and I rather be corrected if I'm wrong!!!). I remember in the vids I seen of the DCRB girls performing, it looked like they were performing before the game, like when everyone was going in at the beginning, before the game start etc, but then what do the DCRB do during the games (when the DCC are cheering on the field, during the whole game, as well as in the middle of the field, during half time etc, if that made sense) and where do the drumline in DCRB come in with their performance?

That always make me wonder what and where they are performing during the game itself.

So I hope that ShellyB can help confirming here on these two topics in question.

43 minutes ago, Dcc fan said:

Yea I was and am trying to watch the reruns over the internet atm (here in the uk) and the site that someone (here on this forum told me about) to watch the reruns only allow me to watch season 3 and season 5 to 11 and I am currently watching season 7 (tho the site in question is just "omg" not great so I prob missed about 3 or 4 episodes of season 7 because it would not play at all) and made me think "if anyone made show group and not the actual team" .

Tho I do hope everyone that made show group made the team because show group is meant to be those that are "the best" within the squad so based on that reason makes me think most of them that makes it into show group makes the squad. It also makes me wonder why show group audition isn't done until everyone has made the squad. But I am assuming that is because training camp "finishes" right before the first (well pre season), and more than likely because doing it within training camp gives them the time to practise all the show group materials as well as all dances with the rest of the squad etc. 

I hear other teams have their squad announced by now so they got time to practise the dances as well as doing auditions within the squad for "show group" (if those teams have a big enough team to have one that is) so maybe they have time to do that but DCC don't.

Also random question, that is not related to DCC but the cowboys (if this is the wrong thread PLEASE tell me and I would be happy if this question is moved to the correct place), but I am assuming that ShellyB can help I mean it is Cowboys related. Well more specificly, related to the DCRB. I just wondered where do the DCRB practise and during the games? I know the DCRB also has that drumline (?) that I assume has a different practise place. But where do the dancers practise? Like DCC had valley ranch (before the move to Frisco), so is there a place in The Star for DCRB dancers to practise etc and where was it before the move to Frisco? Valley Ranch?

I saw an old video of them performing on the decks outside the stadium (I remember this just now hence the question), because I think one of the season I am watching atm, Kelli Finglass, was saying group 1 had to run to perform outside  the stadium and I thought "that stage looked familiar" from a youtube vid I saw of DCRB performing on it years ago. Just wondered where they get changed etc during the game days too. Because I don't know any other organisations, besides the Cowboys who have 2 dance teams (well 1 is a cheerleading team the other is called a dance team) cheering the team on. (If I am wrong please correct me because I don't know everything and I rather be corrected if I'm wrong!!!). I remember in the vids I seen of the DCRB girls performing, it looked like they were performing before the game, like when everyone was going in at the beginning, before the game start etc, but then what do the DCRB do during the games (when the DCC are cheering on the field, during the whole game, as well as in the middle of the field, during half time etc, if that made sense) and where do the drumline in DCRB come in with their performance?

That always make me wonder what and where they are performing during the game itself.

So I hope that ShellyB can help confirming here on these two topics in question.

Answer about SG is above...beyond why they don't wait to audition is because there is usually other choreo specific to SG that needs to be learned during training camp.

DCRB rehearses at a local dance studio where their director also teaches class. They perform in the plazas before kickoff & maybe during the game?? I'm busy once the game has started, so I am unsure what their activities are during the game. They used to perform on the tiered decks in the plaza, but I think they have stopped those performances. They are a coed Hip Hop team along with having the drumline.

Awesome thanks Shelly, I know about 6-7 (maybe 8) yrs ago someone in DCRB tweeted a pic where they were standing on some really high podium that are located behind the "back" seats somewhere and I remember you saying that DCC don't dance on the decks (I think it was?) anymore because it wasn't safe (anymore or so) and I thought those really high (and looks thin in the picture) podium behind the seats seem a bit "strange" even for the cowboys stadium and don't seem like anyone would be watching that during game time because it was behind the seats and I did think that looked like they would be dancing in a club etc or a strip club etc (don't mean for that to offend anyone if it did and I apologise now if anyone takes this comment the wrong way). 

I assume they don't have a "specific" locker room in the stadium, to get changed in and expect to be changed and ready before game etc? Just asking because I just wonder where they get change or stretch and warm up and cool down before and after dancing. 

I cannot remember which former DCRB twitter account I saw that pic on.

1 hour ago, Dcc fan said:

Awesome thanks Shelly, I know about 6-7 (maybe 8) yrs ago someone in DCRB tweeted a pic where they were standing on some really high podium that are located behind the "back" seats somewhere and I remember you saying that DCC don't dance on the decks (I think it was?) anymore because it wasn't safe (anymore or so) and I thought those really high (and looks thin in the picture) podium behind the seats seem a bit "strange" even for the cowboys stadium and don't seem like anyone would be watching that during game time because it was behind the seats and I did think that looked like they would be dancing in a club etc or a strip club etc (don't mean for that to offend anyone if it did and I apologise now if anyone takes this comment the wrong way). 

8863a8b618eeefa714dfbef776899701.jpg

OMG thanks, I knew I seen that somewhere I thought it was smaller podium, I think it was another former DCRB that posted it where whoever took the pic (the one I saw) was facing the field and it looked so much smaller from that other pic I saw.  (I think it was because I saw the stairs too that made it look small maybe it was because it was took a little further away from that podium, or that I wasnt sure. I knew or thought I had an awful memory of seeing and remembering things!!!! Mind you I have a better memory where my work is concerned .... but where its things like DCC or things I do outside of work, I have a horrid memory of things!!!). 

24 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

OM<G8863a8b618eeefa714dfbef776899701.jpg

13 hours ago, Dcc fan said:

I assume they don't have a "specific" locker room in the stadium, to get changed in and expect to be changed and ready before game etc? Just asking because I just wonder where they get change or stretch and warm up and cool down before and after dancing. 

I cannot remember which former DCRB twitter account I saw that pic on.

The decks are different from the platforms. The platforms were only used by 1 or 2 dancers at a time and only during certain time outs during the game, not continually. DCRB/Drumline has a locker room area that they use during game day. 

Yes thats what I meant.

11 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think that poster meant has anyone made show group, and then been cut from the team before the end of camp.

Thanks Shelly good to know at least.

45 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

The decks are different from the platforms. The platforms were only used by 1 or 2 dancers at a time and only during certain time outs during the game, not continually. DCRB/Drumline has a locker room area that they use during game day. 

12 minutes ago, California Girl said:

@ShellyB who choreographed the Oxnard performances posted on the DCC Twitter?  Because as I just said in the Small Talk thread, the DCC are on fire in those dances and they really take it up to another level.  

Holly posted that Neecie did the Little Mix -Power one. Loved them both, the style is so great! 

2 hours ago, California Girl said:

@ShellyB who choreographed the Oxnard performances posted on the DCC Twitter?  Because as I just said in the Small Talk thread, the DCC are on fire in those dances and they really take it up to another level.  

Denise did Power and Michelle Keys did Hear Me Now

• Love 3
(edited)

You know guys--even the worst dancing DCC (if there is one) is darned good.  Even though I don't agree with Kelly's and Judy's decisions at times,  I'm amazed they continue to inspire the girls and demand virtual perfection and have a great team every year.  Those girls must be made of steel.  I'd be getting up one morning saying "I just can't do it anymore."

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 2

@ShellyB, Where is everybody on here??  Only a few members posting like 1 or 2 comments in the past 24 hours.  WHATS GOING ON???  Sorry that is actually squad announcement soon/season premiere enthusiasm.  It's like a ghost town on here without of the usual crew on here.

14 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

@ShellyB, Where is everybody on here??  Only a few members posting like 1 or 2 comments in the past 24 hours.  WHATS GOING ON???  Sorry that is actually squad announcement soon/season premiere enthusiasm.  It's like a ghost town on here without of the usual crew on here.

That's what I was thinking! WHO KILLED ALL THE FUN?!?! ? But seriously, I'm not sure what went down yesterday (I guess I'm only seeing the aftermath) but I'm sure that has something to do with it.  Looks like the mods might of got a little delete happy, which is kind of a shame because it is all the best posters that have seem to have disappeared.. 

• Love 2

Not to step on @ShellyB's toes, but she is not affiliated with PTV other than being a member and thus would not have any input or knowledge of forum actions. With that note, please understand that PTV is not in any way affiliated with Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders other than being site with forums about tv shows and there is a tv show about Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders. PTV has no gag rule about spoilers or anything, so the lack of news is not on PTV.

I hope that clears up any confusion.

• Love 1

Although I have seen every episode, I am really new to this forum having only discovered it last season. I am very bummed today as I had myself convinced that tonight was the premiere of Season 12.  Really would like to know if Kelsey made the squad.