Type keyword(s) to search

DCC Q&A: Mysteries of the DCC World

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Ack! Wrong Lauren. Can't remember the girl I was thinking about. Brunette with the boyfriend who had something to do with Caila getting cut? My bad 

You might be thinking of Shelbi (current DMD and former TCC) whose boyfriend wrote nasty things about the DCC on Charlotte's IG.

Shelbi_Top1-683x1024.png

• Love 1
3 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Wrong thread, and you likely won't find many fans of her here. 

2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Lauren auditioned in season 5 (2010) and went on to become a DMD for the 2010-11 season. Paula Tabares (cut from TC ) also became DMD along with Lauren.

Lauren actually was on DMD for 5 or 6 seasons. 

I'm moving my Laren convo to another thread.

Thanks

Edited by DCCFAN71

Is there a reason all the NFL teams refer to their teams as cheerleaders instead of dancers? Like the NBA has the Dallas Mavericks DANCERS. Why couldn't they just call the DCC the Dallas Cowboys Dancers? Because that's what they are. They are not true cheerleaders as they don't cheer or stunt, except at that Susan G Komen halftime show. So many girls come in from competitive cheer backgrounds and can't dance (i.e. Cassie Trammel). The only good being a good tumbler does is maybe for show group, but even then, show group still has to be technically superior in dance (which Cassie was NOT!). 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Teresa said:

Is there a reason all the NFL teams refer to their teams as cheerleaders instead of dancers? Like the NBA has the Dallas Mavericks DANCERS. Why couldn't they just call the DCC the Dallas Cowboys Dancers? Because that's what they are. They are not true cheerleaders as they don't cheer or stunt, except at that Susan G Komen halftime show. So many girls come in from competitive cheer backgrounds and can't dance (i.e. Cassie Trammel). The only good being a good tumbler does is maybe for show group, but even then, show group still has to be technically superior in dance (which Cassie was NOT!). 

I wondered about that too. All the other Texas sports teams (arena football, basketball, hockey, soccer) call their teams dancers, girls, angels, etc. Maybe they can't use the term cheerleaders.

7 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I wondered about that too. All the other Texas sports teams (arena football, basketball, hockey, soccer) call their teams dancers, girls, angels, etc. Maybe they can't use the term cheerleaders.

Probably because they've always been referred to as cheerleaders by the NFL and stunting wasn't so prevelant back in the 70's and 80's which is what we classify cheerleading as today. 

• Love 3
On 4/27/2017 at 10:10 AM, DCCFAN71 said:

I posted this question in another thread but I think it was the wrong thread, however:

I really want Lauren Gibler to tryout for DCC again. However, I would not blame her if she never did again, considering the ridiculous reasons K and C gave for her not making the team. Judy really liked her. She has retired from the Mavs. Does anyone know what she is doing now and if she ever plans on trying out for DCC again?

Why didn't she make it?  I don't remember that episode.  Lauren is so pretty!

9 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Probably because they've always been referred to as cheerleaders by the NFL and stunting wasn't so prevelant back in the 70's and 80's which is what we classify cheerleading as today. 

This. They were the Cowboys cheerleaders way back before the separation between tumbler/stunters and pom squads was really made. When my mom was in high school in the 70s, they were pretty much all pom squads who didnt do much more than toe touches and splits. She always said the cheerleaders then were the girls who weren't graceful enough to be majorettes. BTW - two of her sisters were majorettes, she and the last sister cheered. 

I presume the DCC just shifted more towards the high kicks and dance, instead of evolving into stunting and tumbling.

• Love 2
On 4/28/2017 at 0:38 PM, Teresa said:

Is there a reason all the NFL teams refer to their teams as cheerleaders instead of dancers? Like the NBA has the Dallas Mavericks DANCERS. Why couldn't they just call the DCC the Dallas Cowboys Dancers? Because that's what they are. They are not true cheerleaders as they don't cheer or stunt, except at that Susan G Komen halftime show. So many girls come in from competitive cheer backgrounds and can't dance (i.e. Cassie Trammel). The only good being a good tumbler does is maybe for show group, but even then, show group still has to be technically superior in dance (which Cassie was NOT!). 

They cheer-on the Cowboys. That's enough for me to consider someone a cheerleader. It doesn't have to be intense stunting to me. I guess I just take the term literally. Saying "go cowboys" is enough for me lol. They're "cheering" them on.

• Love 5

@ShellyB I've been wondering on the show we see so many different choreographers come in and work with the girls on a variety of dances. How much of the sideline or halftime choreography is done by others and how much is done by you and Judy? We'd love to see you teaching the girls!

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Teresa said:

I always wonder why 5 years seems to be the target for many of the girls to be on the team? 

don't they get a special trinket for making it five years? like a necklace or something? 

14 hours ago, Teresa said:

I always wonder why 5 years seems to be the target for many of the girls to be on the team? 

Shelly's latest IG pic and one of the comments sums it up pretty well...(5 yr charm, ring of honor, squad within the squad, etc.) 

(edited)
45 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Shelly's latest IG pic and one of the comments sums it up pretty well...(5 yr charm, ring of honor, squad within the squad, etc.) 

I understand why they try to make it to five years...my question would be why do they normally quit at five years?  Is it just simply too much on their bodies at that point?

Edited by ByTor
11 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I understand why they try to make it to five years...my question would be why do they normally quit at five years?  Is it just simply too much on their bodies at that point?

i don't think there are any other major milestones outside of 5 years...so unless you are trying to break a record i think most are just ready to give their schedules and bodies a break. 

• Love 3

I just checked it and wow! Danielle's spray tan is bit much!

I would guess Jenna is coming back in hopes of being point and pro bowl girl like some thought Sidney stayed for 7 and never got. 

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Teresa said:

I just checked it and wow! Danielle's spray tan is bit much!

I would guess Jenna is coming back in hopes of being point and pro bowl girl like some thought Sidney stayed for 7 and never got. 

I believe that. She'll get either point or Pro Bowl IMO.

• Love 2
On 4/28/2017 at 0:38 PM, Teresa said:

I think it might have to do with the fact that the cheerleaders are on the field actually cheering during the game and will break into a dance at any moment.  Plus they respond to what's actually going on in the game.  The dancers on NBA teams stay out of the arena until the quarter changes.

On 5/1/2017 at 1:05 PM, twinkietwin94 said:

@ShellyB I've been wondering on the show we see so many different choreographers come in and work with the girls on a variety of dances. How much of the sideline or halftime choreography is done by others and how much is done by you and Judy? We'd love to see you teaching the girls!

Depends on the season and what Judy needs as fillers, as some choreo can rollover into the next season. 

7 hours ago, Teresa said:

Are they EVER going to update the signature dance and something besides Thunderstruck?

Probably but I would bet it won't be anytime soon. It's not like they've been doing it THAT long anyway. 

3 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

2010 was when they first did it. 

That's what I thought.

It may be a "long time to do the same routine" but when it becomes a "tradition", it could last for years and years. 

3 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

That's what I thought.

It may be a "long time to do the same routine" but when it becomes a "tradition", it could last for years and years. 

I very rarely use AC/DC and tradition in the same sentence :)

• Love 2

It's such a popular stadium song EVERYWHERE, though. It doesn't really date like some of their other songs have.  Jock Rock is the best :)

Thunderstruck 4 Life right here!

• Love 1

Dcc barbies are out of production for the masses. You can find them on ebay and the like. 

Can someone please explain why they give them barbies?? This is still something I don't get. Thanks. 

1 minute ago, QuiteCalM said:

Dcc barbies are out of production for the masses. You can find them on ebay and the like. 

Can someone please explain why they give them barbies?? This is still something I don't get. Thanks. 

For the outstanding solos

Just now, dccfan37 said:

For the outstanding solos

So is there a number of barbies or is it just whoever they think did great? Is it divided by haircolor? Who decides if the solos are outstanding? Do they use Kelli's high tech scoring system and majority rules? 

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

So is there a number of barbies or is it just whoever they think did great? Is it divided by haircolor? Who decides if the solos are outstanding? Do they use Kelli's high tech scoring system and majority rules? 

Haha! I feel like it's been different every season, in terms of how many! Usually an equal number of vets and rookies

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

How can they give Heather a barbie one year and cut her the next (if it's the same Heather).

That question played in my head in the same tone as a jilted lover. Like,  "How can you say you want to marry me and then say you want to see other people!?". Sorry. 

• Love 3

Getting a Barbie at auditions is an honor. (I can't believe I'm even thinking that with a straight face. It's a Barbie doll and these are grown women.)

But winning the Barbie happens before training camp. Before becoming a DCC. Barbie is an indicator that you gave one great performance, relative to everyone else who competed. It is a commentary on one moment in time. I think in most cases, the winners probably are outstanding performers during the season. But there's a whole year between getting that doll and the next audition. A lot can happen - for better or worse - during that year.  Someone who is a great dancer may not be great in all other respects. And of course, it is also possible that she didn't have a great audition and/or interview this year.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Tdoc72 said:

I think I remember Holly getting a red-headed one with short hair. Anyone else or am I delirious?

She did last year! It was shown on the first episode of training camp where they have the first meeting.