Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

16 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

I have heard several times now that Keyra thought she was the greatest and she probably took being a DCC for granted since she thought so highly of herself. 

Her "countdown to my birthday," as though it were a national holiday, Instagram posts make me believe this is true.

11 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

Who do you think will be center girl??

Better be Khalyn!

11 hours ago, Jesslyn said:

Kashara, Alexis, Lacey, Yuko, and Khalyn should be most prominent.

Fixed that for you :P

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Her "countdown to my birthday," as though it were a national holiday, Instagram posts make me believe this is true.

Better be Khalyn!

Fixed that for you :P

I see how you fixed it ?, lol. But Kelsey was never in the very front, and it appears they sort of go by seniority, as I believe it should be done, for the most part. I also can’t see zero blondes up front and center but who knows!  I think Tasha photographs well too. She’ll be up front.

I'm in the (I think) unpopular group of hoping none of the vets are cut if they are putting in the work and following all the rules.  These women already put it on the line at finals, and if TPTB didn’t want them back, I would’ve preferred them to be cut then. As rookie TCC they can always try again to come back, but I don’t really see a cut vet ever coming back. Vets lives are more impacted because they have been settled there for minimally a year, some for four years. the rookies are just hoping to get that privilege.  I think mentally the vets should be able to feel comfortable, and by that I don’t mean they should take it for granted. With all they go through for this, I think the fact they put themselves through multiple years and didn’t quit after a year or two or three should give them  the confidence of knowing that unless they really mess up, they can be there for the new comers and not worry too much about their spot. Too much competition, especially among vets, I don’t think would be good for the squad. I would hate it if they just cut a vet for the drama. For a serious reason, Yes.  

Edited by Jesslyn
Add
  • Love 8
56 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Hmmmm really??!! I celebrate my birthday the entire month of October, that doesn't make me conceited, actually far from it... The same way that we can give certain people the benefit of the doubt, because we "can't judge by pictures and snippets on social media" I'm willing to give Keyra that too.

Matter of fact, if I were in her shoes I would be a little ticked off too in TC last year. Judy was the one that first called her a firecracker, and then coming to the end you switched it up and was looking at her like ?. So she probably was like what is your real position on me?? And what woman want to hear that they're not sexy... 

• Love 12

Is there a Barbie discussion going on somewhere and I'm missing out?

Christina for the love of all that is holy, hem your jumpsuit.

Reserving comment on recipients until fellow snarkers join the party. #thanksmom

• Love 2
1 minute ago, RedDelicious said:

Reserving comment on recipients until fellow snarkers join the party. #thanksmom

lol I think we figured out that the jumpsuit is actually Molly's and Christina borrowed it so that's why she didn't hem it.  But yeah, it looks messy. 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I am all for saving money and borrowing a friend's outfit but it should fit! For me, the lack of fit does not seem "DCC."

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

lol I think we figured out that the jumpsuit is actually Molly's and Christina borrowed it so that's why she didn't hem it.  But yeah, it looks messy. 

I think she didn't have any shoes to wear so she thought, I'll just conceal my feet.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

Every time I look at it I think Tess has the front of your dress caught up in her panties :(

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Opine said:

I've seen a lot of the opposite thought on these boards, but I agree with you!  It really points out how they really look at every angle, every curve, etc. For me, it has given me a lot of understanding about why they make certain decisions.  And, I totally agree with you that some of the funniest lines come from uniform fitting days!

One of my favorites,  is Kelli - What the heck does that say?    TCC - " It says My family" ..... Kelli -"So you tattooed "my family" on your butt?"

• Love 5

I wonder if any girls will have so-called "weight" issues this year.  It seems that there's at least one girl each season where Kelli and Judy are unhappy with her weight/appearance/etc.  What brought this to mind (yet again) was Season 9.  They pulled Courtney into the office and talked to her about her weight.  She did look soft, but nothing that eating right and working out wouldn't fix.  However, Kelli brought up the dreaded "Other girls your height" argument.  Evidently there was at least one other girl who was 5'3" and weighed 104 pounds.  Courtney told her "I've never weighed that." 

• Love 9

The entire "every one the same height should weigh the same" thing is garbage. I can't believe they still push it. I am very small boned/framed so I can weigh 20 lbs less than someone my height who is bigger boned and be the same pant size they are. One of my friends literally weighs 30 lbs more than I do but we look basically the same through the hips thighs and stomach. But her hands, feet, wrists and shoulders are much bigger/broader than mine

• Love 9

Keyra was not cut because of her being a strong black woman. That is ridiculous!! I'm sure she was cut for her weight, as have several girls over the years. I was a super fan of her's too, but you have to stay in shape. Unless you are Cassie, and your mom is Judy, then you can get away with stuff. 

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

Keyra was not cut because of her being a strong black woman. That is ridiculous!! I'm sure she was cut for her weight, as have several girls over the years. I was a super fan of her's too, but you have to stay in shape. Unless you are Cassie, and your mom is Judy, then you can get away with stuff. 

Keyra was cut because they have a limit to how many black women they can have on the squad, and they had enough without her.  Classic racism.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

What is with these LSU girls and their snotty little attitudes? 

Speaking from personal experience I've never met an LSU girl who was snotty. Confident? Absolutely. They're pretty bad ass dancers tbh.

• Love 4
(edited)
On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 1:43 AM, Tootie said:

I think she's very pretty!

Jalyn Stough pp1.jpg

I think she's pretty too.  I like the hair the color, sure it's from a bottle, but doesn't look any more "fake" than all the bottled blondes. Plus, it might make her stand out and get noticed.

Edited by LynneH
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

"Thanks for letting me borrow your jumpsuit, Molly!" **returns jumpsuit with destroyed hems**

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, adukesantana said:

Did everyone get a chance to see Shelly's IG stories?? Great coverage of the kickline and a routine!! Jasmin looked GREAT!!

the group as a whole looked amazing in the clips, for the first few nights especially.  good luck K&J with the cuts this summer, glad it's not me lol 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Jennv said:

The entire "every one the same height should weigh the same" thing is garbage. I can't believe they still push it. I am very small boned/framed so I can weigh 20 lbs less than someone my height who is bigger boned and be the same pant size they are. One of my friends literally weighs 30 lbs more than I do but we look basically the same through the hips thighs and stomach. But her hands, feet, wrists and shoulders are much bigger/broader than mine

I totally agree.  Science and nutrition has gone far beyond the BMI as an accurate measure of what a person should weigh and using the height and weight of other girls is dangerous, highly inaccurate and outdated.  Being big boned used to be used as a euphemism for being overweight, but it's now actually factored into what a person SHOULD weigh.  One commonly used calculation stated that someone should add approximately 3% to their weight for being bigger boned as measured at the wrist.  Another site showed how to calculate how to determine your frame size based on what your wrist measured in inches. 

I remember seeing pictures of all the different people who could wear the same pant size and they were nowhere near looking the same.  They were taller, shorter, curvier, skinnier, all shapes and sizes, but they could all fit into the same pant size.  Think "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants".  

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

*Ducking tomatoes* I think the same thing about Kelsey & her YouTube ramblings.

I'm still bummed about her fake boobs.  I don't know why but it just took away my admiration of her.  I know that is silly--I'll never meet her and don't do Instagram or that other stuff.   I'd like for the implant makers to invent one that looks more natural.  Even Kelsey's are a giveaway.

I think the cover for the DCC calendar should be someone with real boobs.

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I'm still bummed about her fake boobs.  I don't know why but it just took away my admiration of her.  I know that is silly--I'll never meet her and don't do Instagram or that other stuff.   I'd like for the implant makers to invent one that looks more natural.  Even Kelsey's are a giveaway.

It took away mine too. I liked her because she was so real and genuine and down to earth. Now she is not totally real and I don’t know, attention seeking I guess. Not as humble and relatable? I can’t put my finger on it. She is still pretty and seems sweet but not awe inspiring anymore. 

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Good point I hope the cover will be a "real" girl.  This is something that I have always admired about K&C  that in the past they have not judged a girl by the size of her breasts because they know how to push them up in the uniform.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Good point I hope the cover will be a "real" girl.  This is something that I have always admired about K&C  that in the past they have not judged a girl by the size of her breasts because they know how to push them up in the uniform.

I'm sorry, but the last part of the sentence is cracking me up a little. I have a weird sense of humor, and it has been a long week for me. Carry on everyone!

18 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

No, I think we should blame Milan, Alexandria, & Kalyssa.  That is  3 spots on the team last year that Brennan or even Taryn had a chance to take.  Especially Milan, she couldn't make up her mind about studying abroad before auditions?  College semesters begin Fall and Spring.  

YES!!! I totally agree with you on this one ?

• Love 5
(edited)
13 minutes ago, cvogue said:

YES!!! I totally agree with you on this one ?

I wondered if Milan, Alexandria and Kalyssa were not on the team who else would have gotten the one of the three spots opened up besides Taryn and Breenan?

Edited by bigskygirl
(edited)

Go check out the TC videos @ShellyB has shared on her Insta live!  I've never seen footage ahead of the show airing so it's fun to see the rookies at this early stage.

Edited by go4luca
6 hours ago, Opine said:

Every time I look at it I think Tess has the front of your dress caught up in her panties :(

That dress was definitely the worse of the night. It was very "cocktail". Wasn't this a work meeting, not a party. Spaghetti straps are not for work. Gina, too. And probably a lot of others.

• Love 5
(edited)
9 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I wondered if the three of them were not on the team who else would have gotten the one of the three spots opened up besides Taryn and Breenan?

Last year's cuts (or quit!) going backwards:

11. Kalyssa

10. Milan

9. Alexandria                   (after TC)

-----------------------------------------------

8. Taryn

7. Erica

6. Brennan

5. Holly

4. Celinda

3. Brianna

2. Madeline

1. Erin

Edited by Tootie
grammar
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, hypeman said:

That dress was definitely the worse of the night. It was very "cocktail". Wasn't this a work meeting, not a party. Spaghetti straps are not for work. Gina, too. And probably a lot of others.

Dress code definitely has taken a few notches downward in past few seasons!!!  Such a disappointment compared to a few years ago!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Tootie said:

Last year's cuts (or quit!) going backwards:

11. Kalyssa

10. Milan

9. Alexandria                   (after TC)

-----------------------------------------------

8. Taryn

7. Erica

6. Brennan

5. Holly

4. Celinda

3. Brianna

2. Madeline

1. Erin

Man my memory - which one was Erica? ?

48 minutes ago, lfedncr said:

Dress code definitely has taken a few notches downward in past few seasons!!!  Such a disappointment compared to a few years ago!

Esp after Judge Brenda's outrageous assault on Kat. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, pizzaislife said:

It took away mine too. I liked her because she was so real and genuine and down to earth. Now she is not totally real and I don’t know, attention seeking I guess. Not as humble and relatable? I can’t put my finger on it. She is still pretty and seems sweet but not awe inspiring anymore. 

of course everyone is free to their opinion, i just have to say that I will always stan for Kelsey. :)  I don't think she 'needed' a boob job either but if that's what she wanted, i'm fine with it.  it hasn't changed her as a person. She is still genuine, humble and down to earth. Truly one of the nicest girls. and no, i'm not brodie/her mom/her brother/Lance LOL 

Seeing that pic of Erica....so much nostalgia.  I miss her early years so much!!  so much talent. 

• Love 23
(edited)
On 6/6/2018 at 8:51 PM, TUOwl84 said:

No, I think we should blame Milan, Alexandria, & Kalyssa.  That is  3 spots on the team last year that Brennan or even Taryn had a chance to take.  Especially Milan, she couldn't make up her mind about studying abroad before auditions?  College semesters begin Fall and Spring.  

No, I think we blame Brennan for not bringing it to training camp. If she had blown Milan, Alexandria, and Kalyssa out of the water, she would have made the team on her own merit. It's not any other candidate's "fault" that Brennan was cut.

6 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I'm still bummed about her fake boobs.  I don't know why but it just took away my admiration of her.

Same here. It's not that I hate implants, although the idea of cutting a hole in my body and stuffing those bags of saline in under my boobs creeps me out. I think for me it's a bit of a bummer that she is already so much better looking than most people and yet something inside her said it wasn't good enough. But I guess the saying is true, you can never be too rich, too thin...or too good looking.

5 hours ago, hypeman said:

I'd like to know what instructions they were given. Tess looks like she's going to a club. Lacey looks like she's going to the mall. Malena looks like she's going to work.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 16
10 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Gina’s dress is not appropriate for the occasion. It fits her great, but Looks like she’s ready for cocktails in Vegas, while everyone else is brunching at Neiman’s. Christina, I hate the pant suit on her. This is just one more instance where she doesn’t fit the DCC mold. Why would she think an inseam that’s 5” too long and obviously borrowed from someone much taller would be appropriate?

the Brunette beside VK looks like Little Heather. 

• Love 7

Is it just me or did there seem to be more women of color in the 70's and some 80's squads then now? I know they were smaller teams then too. Probably not for this thread but with the talk about Keyra.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

No, I think we blame Brennan for not bringing it to training camp. If she had blown Milan, Alexandria, and Kalyssa out of the water, she would have made the team on her own merit. It's not any other candidate's "fault" that Brennan was cut.

I'd like to know what instructions they were given. Tess looks like she's going to a club. Lacey looks like she's going to the mall. Malena looks like she's going to work.

I think that, of the three you mentioned (Milan, Alexandria, and Kalyssa), Alexandria was the only one she had a chance of "blowing out of the water" if anyone.  I think it was more a chance of bad timing when Brennan got cut.  That, and not being able to entirely relax into, and enjoy, the dancing.  If Kelli and Judy had waited to make the last two cuts until after Canton, she would likely be on the squad.  Judy and Kelli couldn't have known that Alexandria would leave due to a serious illness in the family (I know that type of thing is hard to prove, but I'm still not sold on the explanation; it's far too convenient) or that Kalyssa would bow out early for a chance at modeling (if she had a chance to be picked up by IMG, Ford, Wilhelmina, or Elite, I could see blowing out of there FAST, but not so much with what she's been doing now).  Milan would be the only one that they had any inkling about and, even then, Milan had only possibilities, not full-blown plans so they couldn't exactly know what was going to happen.  I could see going to 37 so if Milan did end up having to leave, they'd still have "enough" girls. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Kelli and Judy really crack down on following the contract this year and for the foreseeable future.  After having 5 girls break the contract (and one girl hanging by a THREAD from breaking it), I wouldn't be surprised if Kelli calls the girls in one at a time and let them know that, if they even THINK of breaking contract, they'd better be packing their bags and leaving right now because there are other girls who would love their spot.  That is, if she already hasn't read them the riot act at the first meeting.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, lfedncr said:

Looks like they are in desperate need of a stylist!! And for the love NOT Belk! Something trendy/not trashy- classic yet not matronly.

Anyone agree Madeline needs some makeover help with hair and umm everything. She is an amazing dancer but it is lost for me because the package isn't complete.

Agree on Kyra- big mistake cutting her! Interested to see if they share the reasoning why. 

Random thoughts here...love this thread!!!

• Love 4
10 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

of course everyone is free to their opinion, i just have to say that I will always stan for Kelsey. :)  I don't think she 'needed' a boob job either but if that's what she wanted, i'm fine with it.  it hasn't changed her as a person. She is still genuine, humble and down to earth. Truly one of the nicest girls. and no, i'm not brodie/her mom/her brother/Lance LOL 

Seeing that pic of Erica....so much nostalgia.  I miss her early years so much!!  so much talent. 

I remember Kitty telling her how she HATED her hair during prep for finals her rookie season...even though she was a beautiful dancer :) 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, dccfangirl said:

My squad photo thoughts for the front

Lacey // Tasha// Madeline// Stephanie// Yuko//  Amy //Tess

Front: Kashara // Khalyn // Heather O

Except Stephanie retired :) 

• Love 3
On 6/4/2018 at 9:37 PM, Tootie said:

You might want to check it out tonight; I expect they'll post a good bit!

These are from DCC's Twitter.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Taylor T, Caroline, Gabby, Daphne

3.jpg

Malena, Lindsay, Amber, Jalyn

4.jpg

The girl on the left in the third photo is GORGEOUS and I love her style.  The girls in the top photo look nice.

The lace overlay dresses (I count three) aren't doing them ANY favors.  I get such a kick out of everyone with their big girl purses, like they're fresh off the rack at Belk.  That's a bit harsh but it sticks out to me.  Also, platform pumps are passe. 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Jesslyn said:

I'm in the (I think) unpopular group of hoping none of the vets are cut if they are putting in the work and following all the rules.

Certainly cutting a vet in TC would bring the drama, but I'm with you, I don't want to see it happen either.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Certainly cutting a vet in TC would bring the drama, but I'm with you, I don't want to see it happen either.

Or the threat of cutting a vet in TC could bring in the drama and ratings. After the stressful TC in Season 12, I hope TC this year will run more smoothly and drama free for everyone.