Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

And lets face it, if there was no show would girls like Brianna make it to TC in the first place.

Makes me wonder how many of the girls were chosen by CMT to go to TC.  This is what I don't like the fact that the girls CMT chose just for the show have to go through the emotional roller coaster of TC when they could be auditioning for another team at this time.  

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Makes me wonder how many of the girls were chosen by CMT to go to TC.  This is what I don't like the fact that the girls CMT chose just for the show have to go through the emotional roller coaster of TC when they could be auditioning for another team at this time.  

I think CMT does play a small role in who goes to TC, but I put most of it on Kelli and Charlotte. I think certain girls are chosen for the drama and ratings game, and sadly they do not have snow ball chance in heck of making it. Of course, we have seen girls who did not make it the first time around come back and make it.

20 hours ago, Tootie said:

You might want to check it out tonight; I expect they'll post a good bit!

These are from DCC's Twitter.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Taylor T, Caroline, Gabby, Daphne

3.jpg

Malena, Lindsay, Amber, Jalyn

4.jpg

Predicting Jaylin gets a massive hair makeover. Her dancing must be amazing, because that hair is woof. 

20 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Jalyn needs a different hair color because the color she has right now is not doing her any favors. Alanna reminds me of cut vet Selina. Lindsey could be KaShara's twin.

There are a couple sets of “twins” that could be in for some competition. TCC taylor looks a hell of a lot like Erin, which could hurt Erin because she already barely looks and dances like a DCC, but here she is again this year. 

(edited)
19 hours ago, Tootie said:

Barbies!  (a little blurry because it was a screen-grab.)

Maddie, Kelli, Amber, Amy, Rachel W, Caroline, Victoria

Briana, Gina, Kristin, Dayton, Lacey, Christina, Tess...

Also, it looks like the rookie candidate's lockers are mixed in with the vets this year.

2018-06-04 (7).png

Are they trying to rid themselves of the barbies?? 14 seems a bit excessive and not very special 

8 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

I wish Kelli's daughter Samantha would have tried out so the three of them could all make the team together.  CMT would have been in heaven.

Lolz. She’ll never try out because she will never make it. 

6 hours ago, go4luca said:

The difference between something fitting well and......not.  Odd choice by Christina.  Not sure her thought process on this one.

christina_riccelli_33545914_997362553754151_2649102769809522688_n.jpg

Both cute, but yeah, these long pants are on trend but silly. 

1 hour ago, MssdDrms said:

I’m not a fan of Gina ...yet...maybe they will show her in a better light this season and I can get passed her Renee Zellweger look.

THATS the thing about her!!!!!!!

Edited by Collette1104
  • Love 1
(edited)

I really like this pix of Dayton and I love her caption saying she is ready to work hard sounds like she is not taking it for granted.  All she needs to do is get her stomach toned and I think she will look like a DCC.  Seems to be a sweet girl with manners.  I like her dress and shoes, very appropriate for last night.

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 24
(edited)
15 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

So in Dallas time first rehearsal starts in an hour -ish. It does start tonight right?  I wonder what the practice wear will look like this year?

Like these as posted on Twitter:

Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 4.11.16 PM_2.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 4.17.47 PM.png

Edited by go4luca
added shot showing the uniform bottoms
  • Love 5

Why am I excited and nervous when I'm not in Training Camp?  I wish I was, but I wasn't anywhere near ready to be let into the studio much less make it past pre-lims.  Hmmm. . . I wonder who will be the first to go?  I wonder if there will be any vets cut this year.  It isn't likely, but look at the vets who've been cut over the year during Training Camp (Hannah, Kaitlyn LeGrand, Chelsea, Holly P, Erica, and those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head).  We didn't expect any of the cuts, but they happened so it's possible.  Not likely, but possible.  I suspect a tight ship will be run this year, as it should be.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Why am I excited and nervous when I'm not in Training Camp?  I wish I was, but I wasn't anywhere near ready to be let into the studio much less make it past pre-lims.  Hmmm. . . I wonder who will be the first to go?  I wonder if there will be any vets cut this year.  It isn't likely, but look at the vets who've been cut over the year during Training Camp (Hannah, Kaitlyn LeGrand, Chelsea, Holly P, Erica, and those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head).  We didn't expect any of the cuts, but they happened so it's possible.  Not likely, but possible.  I suspect a tight ship will be run this year, as it should be.

I do not think any of the vets will be cut unless one or more of them barely made it back due to weight or pissing off Kelli and/or Charlotte.

Does anyone know when the show will begin this year?  Last year it was August 3rd.  I remember it was on this date because this year that date is my wedding day! =)  

Also wondering when they will announce the team, since I feel like TC will be shorter this year, perhaps due to the swimsuit calendar shoot? I think I recall they announced the team towards the end of July, which leaves less than 2 months at this point.

8 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

Does anyone know when the show will begin this year?  Last year it was August 3rd.  I remember it was on this date because this year that date is my wedding day! =)  

Also wondering when they will announce the team, since I feel like TC will be shorter this year, perhaps due to the swimsuit calendar shoot? I think I recall they announced the team towards the end of July, which leaves less than 2 months at this point.

Thursday August 2nd is the start of the new season. Swimsuit calendar shoot was right after finals were over, and they usually take a few weeks after auditions for the girls to move and settle in before TC starts, so I do not think they will have a shorter TC.

(edited)
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

Like these as posted on Twitter:

Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 4.11.16 PM_2.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 4.17.47 PM.png

Ok do those tops have built in bras, those girls (pun intended) need support!!! ??

The one top “is” a bra, but the other one, not so much ?

8 hours ago, lfedncr said:

I don’t feel either are a good fit..what is the DCC world coming to .  Both should have known and choose better.  Ugh

Wouldn’t a belt have added something to both outfits/jumpsuits ???

Edited by cvogue
Added comment
1 hour ago, TUOwl84 said:

Last year's team was announced on Aug 14.

Those pink and blue outfits get more elaborate every year. Remember these? It was only six years ago!

1bCTMk_St_117.jpeg.ef9470314cc677749c1a69857f62b70a.jpeg

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, cvogue said:

Ok do those tops have built in bras, those girls (pun intended) need support!!! ??

The one top “is” a bra, but the other one, not so much ?

Wouldn’t a belt have added something to both outfits/jumpsuits ???

Lol they ain’t gonna hold uniboob in 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I didn't know Jenn choreographed Christina's solo.

I swear Christina must be blackmailing Kelli.  I'm shocked that 1) she made the team to begin with; 2) made it back for a second year; and 3) received a Barbie.  She's a mediocre dancer and is known as one of the most difficult divas on the squad.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

I swear Christina must be blackmailing Kelli.  I'm shocked that 1) she made the team to begin with; 2) made it back for a second year; and 3) received a Barbie.  She's a mediocre dancer and is known as one of the most difficult divas on the squad.

K&C knew Jennifer choreographed Christina's solo.  They gave her a Barbie to make Jennifer feel good for all she does working with the girls.  The Barbie really was for Jennifer.  Remember there is ALWAYS something behind everything K&C do.  

• Love 11
6 hours ago, MssdDrms said:

I’m not a fan of Gina ...yet...maybe they will show her in a better light this season and I can get passed her Renee Zellweger look.

Renee Zellweger, Paris Hilton, and Beverly Mitchell all rolled up into one

20180605_222535.jpg

• Love 7
15 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

She looks rough to me. I find her look to be harsh. 

Same. She seems cheap and trashy, but I’m only judging by her look. If she danced well enough to get a spot in training camp, maybe a makeover will show if she’s the whole package or not.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, go4luca said:

The difference between something fitting well and......not.  Odd choice by Christina.  Not sure her thought process on this one.

christina_riccelli_33545914_997362553754151_2649102769809522688_n.jpg

Who wore it better?? Molly for the win

Maybe she borrowed it from Molly and that's why she didn't hem it? Still looks sloppy and she probably should have worn something else that fits properly

Resized_20180605_223551.jpg

• Love 3
4 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

So in Dallas time first rehearsal starts in an hour -ish. It does start tonight right?  I wonder what the practice wear will look like this year?

Yes, rehearsals started tonight. I was actually over at the Star today and saw several girls heading in for practice

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

Maybe she borrowed it from Molly and that's why she didn't hem it? Still looks sloppy and she probably should have worn something else that fits properly

I remember she borrowed that yellow dress from Gina I think. Must be hard to always have to buy a new dress you only wear once.

• Love 2
(edited)

What is with all the sleeveless dresses for the 1st meeting?  Don't any of them get cold?  AFAIC air conditioning is the devil, and a cardigan is my best friend!

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 5

Jennifer had a video on her instagram of the girls doing the kickline, they were wearing two different outfits but both were blue and had pants. Maybe it wasn't training camp?? 

7 minutes ago, cvogue said:

Jennifer had a video on her instagram of the girls doing the kickline, they were wearing two different outfits but both were blue and had pants. Maybe it wasn't training camp?? 

new training camp outfits along with the usual ones already posted on twitter

• Love 1
9 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

K&C knew Jennifer choreographed Christina's solo.  They gave her a Barbie to make Jennifer feel good for all she does working with the girls.  The Barbie really was for Jennifer.  Remember there is ALWAYS something behind everything K&C do.  

Could not have stated it better!!  K always has a behind the screen reason for everything . Nothing is as simple as it appears !

• Love 1
16 hours ago, ByTor said:

I love Brennan and hope she makes it, but I’m positive the show will do the Christina thing with her.

I'm sure you are correct! 

16 hours ago, go4luca said:

That is definitely not a good picture of Gina.  But now that I've seen @dreamcatcher hate on her so much, I get why others here have decided to root for certain girls that get hated on in this forum.  I'm willing to give Gina a chance since she's such a strong dancer and appears to have made friends on the squad.  I may get proven wrong but I'm giving her a chance.

I have no problems with her...I just don't like her facials :) She has that same squinty eyed smirk/smile in all of her pictures....but that said...she was good enough to make show group because she is a great dancer and must be a good ambassador for the squad.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, NicoleS9954 said:

I was thinking the same thing! :) 

It's just not a classic beauty look.

My guesses for rookie cuts - if the squad number is 36 - in no particular order are:

Ashley
Hannah
Jalyn
Taylor J
Bridget 
Alanna
Malena
Brennan
Lily 

Any other guesses?

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, dccfangirl said:

My guesses for rookie cuts - if the squad number is 36 - in no particular order are:

Ashley
Hannah
Jalyn
Taylor J
Bridget 
Alanna
Malena
Brennan
Lily 

Any other guesses?

I think she will make it.  I just can't see them doing another Auto Amy/Kendall move.  But I have been wrong before!!!!

• Love 10
37 minutes ago, dccfangirl said:

Ashley
Hannah
Jalyn
Taylor J
Bridget 
Alanna
Malena
Brennan
Lily 

Any other guesses?

My guesses:
Alanna, Ashlee, Bridget, Hannah, Jalyn, Lily, Lindsay, Taylor J. and Taylor T.  Since I'm from KY...I'm hoping Lily doesn't get cut :) 

5 minutes ago, Opine said:

I think she will make it.  I just can't see them doing another Auto Amy/Kendall move.  But I have been wrong before!!!!

Or Meghan Flaherty (who was in TC three times and cut all three times)

• Love 4

Poor Meghan F. I felt bad for her in Season 5. I got the feeling she was put into TC by Charlotte, and Kelli and Judy did not want her for the third time in TC. She seem to do well with Miss Kitty, but she got nervous in front of K & J. I did enjoy the scene where she told off Kelli, but I felt bad for Kelli and Judy too because they were put in a bad spot when someone else decided Meagan should go to TC (or should I say overruled by someone else *cough* Charlotte *cough*)

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

Poor Meghan F. I felt bad for her in Season 5. I got the feeling she was put into TC by Charlotte, and Kelli and Judy did not want her for the third time in TC. She seem to do well with Miss Kitty, but she got nervous in front of K & J. I did enjoy the scene where she told off Kelli, but I felt bad for Kelli and Judy too because they were put in a bad spot when someone else decided Meagan should go to TC (or should I say overruled by someone else *cough* Charlotte *cough*)

But what a memorable moment!  Kelli handled herself well, but wasn't that the closest we ever came to seeing her go off on someone?????  

• Love 7

2 notes based on recent discussion:

1. Be Civil includes not sniping at posters. This is not the first time nor the 100th that this has been announced. Further violations of the Be Civil rule will result in warnings or suspensions. Choosing not to use the ignore function does not absolve you of bad posting behavior. 

2. Do not discuss removal of posts. If you have a question about a post being removed, PM the mods (FrenchToast and Aethera).  

• Love 2

I think Brennan will make it this year, in part to make up for last year.  I think, if Kelli and Judy had waited to cut her until after Canton, Brennan would have made the squad and Taryn and one other girl would have gotten cut.  I know who I think would have gotten cut, but I'm not going to keep harping on it.  I also think there's going to be at least one surprise cut this year, but I'm going to wait and see if I'm just blowing smoke or if it really happens.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, EricaShadows said:

I think Brennan will make it this year, in part to make up for last year.  I think, if Kelli and Judy had waited to cut her until after Canton, Brennan would have made the squad and Taryn and one other girl would have gotten cut.  I know who I think would have gotten cut, but I'm not going to keep harping on it.  I also think there's going to be at least one surprise cut this year, but I'm going to wait and see if I'm just blowing smoke or if it really happens.

I think there will be a surprised cut to I think it will be a vet 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kayce said:

My guesses:
Alanna, Ashlee, Bridget, Hannah, Jalyn, Lily, Lindsay, Taylor J. and Taylor T.  Since I'm from KY...I'm hoping Lily doesn't get cut :) 

Or Meghan Flaherty (who was in TC three times and cut all three times)

My guesses for cuts are:

Hannah

Jalyn 

Erin

bridget

Taylor T

Brianna 

(edited)
5 minutes ago, pinkbarbie247 said:

Can someone tell me if Lacey has received a Barbie before? Is it possible to get one again??

Yes, Lacey has 3. Amy also has received 3.. 

Edited by Cowboysfan16
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, pinkbarbie247 said:

Well then I'm surprised Kashara didn't get one this year!

I didn't care for kashara's solo costume this year. The velour part of her top looked like it was riding up the whole time.

What does one do with 3 DCC barbies?

20 hours ago, Collette1104 said:

Are they trying to rid themselves of the barbies?? 14 seems a bit excessive and not very special 

Lolz. She’ll never try out because she will never make it. 

Both cute, but yeah, these long pants are on trend but silly. 

THATS the thing about her!!!!!!!

I thought they only have a limited supply of barbies. Shouldn't they try to make them last longer?

15 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

Renee Zellweger, Paris Hilton, and Beverly Mitchell all rolled up into one

20180605_222535.jpg

15 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

It's definitely Molly's and she wore it best :)

6 hours ago, Kayce said:

I'm sure you are correct! 

I have no problems with her...I just don't like her facials :) She has that same squinty eyed smirk/smile in all of her pictures....but that said...she was good enough to make show group because she is a great dancer and must be a good ambassador for the squad.  

Yes thank you! I agree she's one of the best dancers, but I can't stand her facials and the way she speaks-which quite honestly applies to a lot of girls. I have the same issue with Rene Zelweger and I just can't watch her movies. 

• Love 2