Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

(edited)

A part of me wants to know who will be cut and who will make the team, but another part of me wants to wait until August to find out. The only TC Candidates I know about are Dayton, Victoria, Breenan, Erin and Brianna. The rest I have no clue about, so I cannot stay who might be cut or make the team.

Edited by bigskygirl
(edited)

I suspect that, if any vets get cut, it won't be because of weight or breaking any rules.  After seeing Holly and Erica get cut last year, both of whom were considered to be rock stars on the squad, the girls would have to be straight-up stupid to pull something like that again.  Well, or arrogantly sure that they wouldn't get caught, but that was what Holly is presumed to have thought and she got caught.  I don't think ANY of the girls are that arrogant, not yet.  If the vets get cut, it will be because they weren't bringing it, in the studio or elsewhere.  They're held to a higher standard (as we've heard multiple times) and, if they get out-danced, get an attitude or anything else, they'll likely be headed right out the door for the last time.

Edited by EricaShadows

Every time I see Jessika I’m constantly reminded that it’s hard to predict anything anymore. She’s boxy, a serious blender, and kind of bland to me. Why they keep her around, but make other vet cuts I just don’t understand. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Tootie said:

What's going on in Jay's InstaStory??  Are they dividing into groups already??  I don't remember it being this early before...

Looks like it 

8 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Yep!!! At the end she says “and that is Group 2.” AHHH WHO ARE THE LEADERS AND G2

I guess we need to be on the lookout for who is gls and second gls 

• Love 1

Okay so this is me, looking really far into things as per usual

According to Jay’s instagram, the girls were at practice around 3:30PM. Whether it was starting or ending, I’m not sure. So could they still be there? Not sure. But. Kristin Dodd did just post a picture with her boyfriend on her insta story saying “thank you for being my rock.”

could she be with him? Not at practice? Cut? Practice is over and she is at dinner with him? Nothing to worry about? Just me looking hahaha

• Love 1
On 6/6/2018 at 9:17 PM, KTUCKER20 said:

Rewatchimg last season. Glad baby Brianna didn't come back not a good fit at all. Please no spicy class from Kitty. Looked like desparate strippers at closing time for dollar bills. I would like Judy to have more say. Hope Brennan makes it but she starts off strong and crumbles as camp goes on.

Especially when that’s not what they do on the field. If they want to take a spicy class on their off time, fine. But it would be like if they took a ballet class at the Star—why? It’s not your style,DCC!! and anyone who needs ballet training at that point, girrrrrrl.....?how embarrassing. I would understand if they were auditioning for a music video but the spicy isn’t required in 99% of their choreo—flirty? Yes. Spicy? Not really. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

I really wish we knew their thought process and how they choose the girls.  Often times it seems so unfair to the girls like Taryn that did better at everything than the girl that gets chosen.  I think they choose girls for many different reasons even maybe one girl over another just because she is from a state that they don't have a girl from.  So many reasons will will never be told.  I feel for Taryn and all the girls they cut that are way better.  It seems like it would be a hard thing to get over and maybe that is why Taryn didn't try out this year.  

There was that season with Stephanie Heyman and Lauren as rookies and they showed Kelli and Judy in their final deliberations more in depth than I recall from other seasons--really weighing out the pros and cons of each rookie before making their final choices. I loved it! Would love to see more like that this season. And I always say this, but I'd also love to see group rehearsal lead by group leaders without K and J. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

Every time I see Jessika I’m constantly reminded that it’s hard to predict anything anymore. She’s boxy, a serious blender, and kind of bland to me. Why they keep her around, but make other vet cuts I just don’t understand. 

Every time I see here  like “who is this!? She’s on the team!?!” I’m 99%sure I’m following her on insta and I still don’t know who she is. Shes super cute and yet super boring.

• Love 4

According to this picture Kelli Finglass posted they are doing rookie makeovers tomorrow...... On the show it seems they do the makeovers during the 3rd or 4th week and we are only going on week two. It'll be interesting to see pictures and when they actually put it into the show sequence

Screenshot_2018-06-09-22-08-36.png

28 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Ugh they chose group leaders but they aren't announcing them. I am so curious ahhhhh I can't wait until Aug 2 :(

I would really love to know who the group leaders are too. I feel like Lacey and KaShara will definitely be group leaders again but the other two group leaders i have no idea who they would choose

• Love 1
2 hours ago, lfedncr said:

Hey, I didn't say that about Jay, did I?  I don't recall typing that!  LOL  I hope it was just an editing error or that you didn't mean to attribute your own words to me. 

As for makeovers, yet again someone beat me to the punch.  I was literally coming here to post that.  I wonder who's going to get a new look.  I think the most drastic makeover we've seen in years is Loren and before that Christina.  That makeover they gave Christina in Season 9 was absolutely HORRID.  That was an ugly shade of dishwater brown and wasn't appealing at ALL.  It aged her badly.  They should have kept her blond and chopped her hair to shoulder-length, like what she had last year. 

• Love 2
(edited)
10 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Hey, I didn't say that about Jay, did I?  I don't recall typing that!  LOL  I hope it was just an editing error or that you didn't mean to attribute your own words to me. 

As for makeovers, yet again someone beat me to the punch.  I was literally coming here to post that.  I wonder who's going to get a new look.  I think the most drastic makeover we've seen in years is Loren and before that Christina.  That makeover they gave Christina in Season 9 was absolutely HORRID.  That was an ugly shade of dishwater brown and wasn't appealing at ALL.  It aged her badly.  They should have kept her blond and chopped her hair to shoulder-length, like what she had last year. 

Sorry I beat you to posting about makeovers. That's the only reason I came to post initially LOL. I hope they have some good makeovers unlike last year which were hardly makeovers. Loren's makeover shocked me but I think it was needed. 

Edited by Angie
Wanted to add more to my reply
29 minutes ago, Angie said:

According to this picture Kelli Finglass posted they are doing rookie makeovers tomorrow...... On the show it seems they do the makeovers during the 3rd or 4th week and we are only going on week two. It'll be interesting to see pictures and when they actually put it into the show sequence

Screenshot_2018-06-09-22-08-36.png

I would really love to know who the group leaders are too. I feel like Lacey and KaShara will definitely be group leaders again but the other two group leaders i have no idea who they would choose

I think it will be kashara Lacey Amy and Heather o for first leaders 2nds idk yet who would those 

• Love 2
(edited)
34 minutes ago, Angie said:

I'm sure the other two will be Amy and Heather since they were second group leaders last year. I'm just sooo curious about who the second leaders are and where they are putting the other veterans

I can tell from the pic that Lacey's group has Gina and Miranda in it. Not sure who the other blonde veteran is though... I guess it's either Kelli, Tasha, Jessika or Lexie?

Edited by dccfan204
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

I'm sure the other two will be Amy and Heather since they were second group leaders last year. I'm just sooo curious about who the second leaders are and where they are putting the other veterans

I can tell from the pic that Lacey's group has Gina and Miranda in it. Not sure who the other blonde veteran is though... I guess it's either Kelli, Tasha, Jessika or Lexie?

Where did you find the picture from lacey's group??? 

(edited)
1 hour ago, Angie said:

I'm thinking the tall blonde on the left might be Erin.  The blonde with black roots in the center (between Lacey & Gina) is probably Jessika.  The rookies close to Miranda are Hannah & (I think) Bridget.   Also, you can see an engagement ring going in to hug the tall blonde... are Lexie and Amy the only one's that are engaged?  (I know Jasmin is, too, but I'm pretty sure it's not her.)    *ETA:  could be Tasha's rings...

DCC grp-Miranda, Hannah.jpg

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Angie said:

Kelli's twitter

16 minutes ago, Tootie said:

I'm thinking the tall blonde on the left might be Erin.  The blonde with black roots in the center (between Lacey & Gina) is probably Jessika.  The rookies close to Miranda are Hannah & (I think) Bridget.   Also, you can see an engagement ring going in to hug the tall blonde... are Lexie and Amy the only one's that are engaged?  (I know Jasmin is, too, but I'm pretty sure it's not her.)

DCC grp-Miranda, Hannah.jpg

Wow, good eye!! It wouldn't make sense for Amy to be in Lacey's group so it's prob Lexie. Do you think that Jessika or Lexie is Lacey's second?

10 hours ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

Every time I see Jessika I’m constantly reminded that it’s hard to predict anything anymore. She’s boxy, a serious blender, and kind of bland to me. Why they keep her around, but make other vet cuts I just don’t understand

Yes! Seriously, why is she still there ? Especially after that solo last season. I just don’t get it 

• Love 9
18 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Kelli q is Kristin dodds big sister and Rachel is Taylor t big sister 

Maybe that's also why they mixed the lockers together instead of having a vets section and a rookies section. 

• Love 1

i really don't want them to put a 2nd year as a GL2. They did that last year because they were desperate and with JennK when it was a "special" case. I'm sure they've done it before, but they have enough 3rd years to choose from and that might keep them around. I'm going to assume that Kashara,Lacey and Amy will retire this year so they definitely have to keep the rest upper vets around.

13 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

Okay so this is me, looking really far into things as per usual

According to Jay’s instagram, the girls were at practice around 3:30PM. Whether it was starting or ending, I’m not sure. So could they still be there? Not sure. But. Kristin Dodd did just post a picture with her boyfriend on her insta story saying “thank you for being my rock.”

could she be with him? Not at practice? Cut? Practice is over and she is at dinner with him? Nothing to worry about? Just me looking hahaha

Nothing to worry about,  They call girls into the office at least a couple of time before cutting them.  

7 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

Kelli's twitter

Wow, good eye!! It wouldn't make sense for Amy to be in Lacey's group so it's prob Lexie. Do you think that Jessika or Lexie is Lacey's second?

I was thinking that the blonde looks more like Victoria than Erin?  (on the far left of the picture)

11 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Please excuse me, I was leaving a comment and somehow it was edited incorrectly to your feed. I do apologize not even sure how it happened 

12 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

Ugh they chose group leaders but they aren't announcing them. I am so curious ahhhhh I can't wait until Aug 2 :(

Maybe this is somewhat in response to last year's mini controversy with Erica/Kashara. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

i really don't want them to put a 2nd year as a GL2. They did that last year because they were desperate and with JennK when it was a "special" case. I'm sure they've done it before, but they have enough 3rd years to choose from and that might keep them around. I'm going to assume that Kashara,Lacey and Amy will retire this year so they definitely have to keep the rest upper vets around.

I look for KaShara to be a 5 year vet.  I know she has accomplished about everything she can in 4 years but I honestly feel she will stay for 5 unless an injury takes her out.  Lacey... I think she may retire but would love to see her stay for 6 yrs.  Amy ... bores me so i don't have any view on her. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Nothing to worry about,  They call girls into the office at least a couple of time before cutting them.  

Not necessarily.  There have been a few girls where their first time in the office is when they're being cut.  I remember at least one girl was confused about being called into the office, then she was upset because she got cut with pretty much no warning, as in, she wasn't called into the office and given a wake-up call of sorts.  If she was given corrections on the dance floor, I don't remember them.  Why call some girls in time after time, then put them on the team while others never get called in until the day they're cut?  If the girls are not making the corrections, that deserves at least one office visit to let them know that, if they don't fix what they're told to, the next time they're in the office, they're going to be cut, then follow through.  Same with the other reasons we've heard.  Questionable social media posts?  Most were warned at least once in the office and the next time they were cut.  I'm sure there are/were other examples. 

55 minutes ago, lfedncr said:

Please excuse me, I was leaving a comment and somehow it was edited incorrectly to your feed. I do apologize not even sure how it happened 

Don't worry about it.  I was trying to be humorous about the glitch, but it didn't translate the way it was supposed to.  I didn't mean to sound rude, upset, or anything else.

There have been girls who were called into the office, but the scene was not shown. Danielle was called into the office the same night Chelsea was called back into the office after her reaction to being called out for weight gain, and she was called into the office the same night in Season 9 when Paige, Brittney, and Veronica were called into the office for weight gain, but her scenes were not shown. Angela was called into the office her first year for weight, but her scene was not shown either. I also remember Kelli saying she takes notes during TC practice, and the girls get feedback via emails about making certain corrections. Some girls may not have been called into the office until they got cut, but it does not mean they were not told they had some things to work on outside being called in to talk with Kelli and Judy.

(edited)
1 minute ago, dccfan204 said:

GUYS WHERE IS HEATHER!!!!! OMG I FEEL SO BAD FOR HER :(

I had the same thought. Maybe she didn’t want to be a leader?

is that Kelli with Maddie? I can’t really tell most of the blondes apart ?

Edited by heckkitty
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

GUYS WHERE IS HEATHER!!!!! OMG I FEEL SO BAD FOR HER :(

If she isn’t on the leaderboard at all, I can only assume she told Kelli and Judy that she didn’t want to be considered. Perhaps after doing G2 last year, she doesn’t think it’s for her?

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, heckkitty said:

I had the same thought. Maybe she didn’t want to be a leader?

is that Kelli with Maddie? I can’t really tell most of the blondes apart ?

Yes it is 

7 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

If she isn’t on the leaderboard at all, I can only assume she told Kelli and Judy that she didn’t want to be considered. Perhaps after doing G2 last year, she doesn’t think it’s for her?

Hi @ShellyB - Could you possibly confirm or deny this? Thanks!

• Love 1

My guesses were almost right. I thought Maddie would be a second leader and Heather would have been a group leader. And yes, I am saying this, but I am not getting Tess's appeal. Maybe she was chosen because Heather was not chosen as a group leader, so they moved Maddie to group leader and made Tess an assistant leader.

(edited)

I Ike these group leaders..... I think they’ve chosen wisely. All of these girls are hard workers and nice people. I don’t think we’ll see veteran drama this year. My prediction is all vets make the squad, unless weaker vets like Christina get completely shown up in camp by rookies.

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 9
26 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Wasn't Heather a Zyn22 or barre instructor?  Maybe she got a job where being a group leader wouldn't fit into her schedule?  I hope she is still able to do show group though.

• Love 2

I didn't even realize at first Heather wasn't a GL, and that makes me sad - she seems like she's fantastic though, I wonder if perhaps she has some extra things going on and maybe doesn't have the resources to devote right now.

So glad Khalyn is a second this year - she is one of my favorite DCCs, and always very humble and sweet.  Also, she rocked the hell out of the shoot, and if she doesn't get serious calendar time, I'm grabbing my pitchfork ?

• Love 15
(edited)

Group Leaders were announced last night, and you won't believe who they chose this year.

G1: Lacey and Tasha

G2: KaShara and Khalyn

G3: Amy and Tess

G4: Maddie and Kelli

Apologies to who ever shared the news first! I just tried to edit this and leave a comment about this year's First and Second Leaders, but I can't for some weird reason.

Edited by CowboysFanatic
  • Love 2

I love their pics!! GO MADDIE!!!! I've been team tasha since the start and Khalyn too.  YES TESS!! she is a doll and so hard working.  Good for her!! 

Def expected Heather in there but there are always things that go on behind the scenes we are not privy to. 

• Love 15