Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

17 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

I don't want to overload poor John Galt (who has become an awesome addition to this place) with people to send the Olivia story to so can one of you send it to me once you receive it?

I loved Olivia S. and her spunk. She was the only rookie to make Show Group that year and that always impressed me.

Stephanie H. and Kaitlyn LeGrand made Show Group also in Season 5.

If The Bachelor has somehow been on for 22 seasons I don't see MTT going anywhere anytime soon as long as the ratings are up. 

I think Christina's solo looked great. Maybe not Barbie great but I never understand why or how they decide some of these. From what little I could see I thought Christina's was better than Kashara's this year. Last year she looked awesome. But Kashara could get out there and do forward rolls to the Hee Haw theme song and get all yeses. And I love Kashara too. Both were worlds better than Melissa Ryecroft's clunky solo in season two when she forgot her choreography.

Edited by KTUCKER20
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

Stephanie H. and Kaitlyn LeGrand made Show Group also in Season 5.

I remember Show Group going to some event and Kellie said Olivia was the only rookie going so she was under a lot of pressure. That must be why I thought she was the only one.

1 hour ago, TyeF said:

6F182E52-D0E0-406E-A491-226CC75A5B63.thumb.jpeg.b211dd32b63a0fd80cc097dfacecf189.jpegHey everyone! I have been following this thread and other threads for a long time but I have never posted I always just read them. I am from Louisiana and Ashlee danced on a Louisiana college dance team that I am familiar with and they posted an announcement on their page congratulating Ashlee for making the team and also posted a picture of the group of rookies who made the team.

All the drama of the length of camp and last minute cuts aside, I always love when we get to this "we made it" picture.  You can tell some have been crying, and all have this sense of relief, excitement, and celebration.  Congratulations to them all!!!

• Love 24
6 minutes ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

All the drama of the length of camp and last minute cuts aside, I always love when we get to this "we made it" picture.  You can tell some have been crying, and all have this sense of relief, excitement, and celebration.  Congratulations to them all!!!

One of the moments that make the show great and fun to watch. That and Miss Kitty showing up?

• Love 9

Besides Christina’s, were there other hot mess solos ala Ashley Pro 2nd yr, Collin when she showed up orange,  Breelans 2nd yr, Morgan 2nd yr and of course Melissa R?

3 minutes ago, BonnieBlue said:

Maybe it's just me, but saying someone "isn't a terrible dancer" is hardly a justification for why she should be a DCC.

This! They’re called World Class not So-So Class??

• Love 6
2 hours ago, TyeF said:

6F182E52-D0E0-406E-A491-226CC75A5B63.thumb.jpeg.b211dd32b63a0fd80cc097dfacecf189.jpegHey everyone! I have been following this thread and other threads for a long time but I have never posted I always just read them. I am from Louisiana and Ashlee danced on a Louisiana college dance team that I am familiar with and they posted an announcement on their page congratulating Ashlee for making the team and also posted a picture of the group of rookies who made the team.

Thanks for sharing this! I love this picture - they all look so relieved :)  What a beautiful group, wow!  

Love what they did with Jalyn's hair.  I picked her from the get go to make the squad and I'm so glad I got at least one right LOL 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, JohnGalt said:

Sending a group message to those who have asked about Olivia so far. I really don’t want to bog this thread down with something from seven years ago. But I’m gonna have to cut it off there because I need to eat dinner already. Sorry mods for getting this thread so off track. I messed up.

Send me one please. 

2 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I get having hearing issues (personal experience but I'm not hearing impaired in any sense of the phrase), but that doesn't hold water with me in regards to my opinion that Christina can't dance nearly as well as the other girls.  Anyone remember Christina Murphy from season 2 (2007 squad)?  She was either completely deaf in one ear and mostly deaf in the other and had to work with hearing aids (I think) or is completely deaf in both ears and she was absolutely FANTASTIC as a dancer DESPITE having hearing issues.  She even made Kitty tear up when Christina M. performed her solo just before Finals.  I remember reading an article with Kristi Scales who said that she was highly impressed with Christina M. and said that her making the squad wasn't a sympathy vote, that she'd earned it and was an amazing performer during her only year on the squad.  One of the concessions they'd made for her was that she couldn't dance in the front row because she couldn't hear the music so needed the visual cues of the other dancers to know when a dance started.

I get that being hearing impaired is a HUGE issue, especially in a loud or crowded situation.  One of my close friends has to have an interpreter at work meetings, concerts, or other crowded events because she's profoundly hearing impaired to the point of being nearly deaf, but she makes it work and doesn't use it as an excuse for why she doesn't/can't do something.  She also steps up and asks someone to repeat something because she didn't catch it the first time (especially if she doesn't have an interpreter with her at the time).  @Agent Gully, you're not an idiot for not wanting to look like an idiot, but asking someone to repeat something (especially among friends who probably already know your issue) shouldn't be a big deal (but it can be, I know, especially if the conversation moves fast).

My point is, having hearing problems shouldn't excuse Christina from being a bad dancer.  It should have made her into a BETTER dancer because she had to work harder than everyone to be just as good.  Since she isn't, it's almost as if she's using it as an excuse as to why she isn't better than she is.  Again, this is just my opinion.

Thank you for your kind words, I'm ok with friends and family, where I tend to be quieter is those situations with lots of loud chatter, music, etc.  My earlier post wasn't aimed at her dancing, but more about her perceived personality, etc.  I agree with you that hearing issues (in her case) and dancing aren't applicable to her situation and should never be used as an excuse.  I am not referring to you here, but I don't get some of the intense dislike of her in general. I fully get where someone could hate her dancing, but not disliking every aspect of who she is. I was watching an interview where the interviewer asked her about her hearing. I didn't know up to that point that she was deaf in one ear.  Maybe that is why I relate to her, although my hearing issues aren't that serious.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

I just watched the solos from that episode back and the jazzercise routine was a different candidate who was a TCC that year. Her name escapes me — maybe Christina? She was cut for being timid I believe. I’ll try to get a screenshot.

As far as Olivia goes, they went to great lengths to make her invisible in that episode. In the entire 40 minutes she’s only visible for about three seconds total. And I bet her solo was good. 

I was trying to find footage on YouTube of that routine, and came across either a pregame or halftime, but point was Crystal in her 3rd year.  The rest of the triangle was 2nd year vets Evan and Ashton.  At the time I probably didn’t realize the significance of that.  Now I’m thinking that’s pretty impressive.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

I don't want to overload poor John Galt (who has become an awesome addition to this place) with people to send the Olivia story to so can one of you send it to me once you receive it?

I loved Olivia S. and her spunk. She was the only rookie to make Show Group that year and that always impressed me.

Who else was on Show Group that year??

3 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Who else was on Show Group that year??

Cassie, Ashton, Mia, Sydney, Brooke, Tobie, Whitney, Evan Andersen, Stephanie, Olivia, and Kaitlyn. There were probably other girls, but I cannot remember their names.

Could someone pretty please PM me the Olivia story? Also, could someone tell me what Jinelle's position is now? Is she an official employee within the Cowboys/DCC organization? Sorry if this has already been answered.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Cassie, Ashton, Mia, Sydney, Brooke, Tobie, Whitney, Evan Andersen, Stephanie, Olivia, and Kaitlyn. There were probably other girls, but I cannot remember their names.

Crystal and Trisha were on it as well, and I think Kelsi was too.

• Love 1

Back in May, who would've thought that the team would be announced and neither Victoria nor Dayton would be on it? Never saw this coming.

I feel bad for both of them. I take no joy in either cut. But WOW, I am so glad I won't be spending the next five months reading comments going on and on ad nauseum about how one or both of them shouldn't be on the team. I know some people won't be able to help themselves, and will keep bringing it up, but it won't be nearly as bad as it would've been had they made the team.

I wonder who will be next in the crosshairs? (Besides Christina, I mean, and wow, I can't even believe people are still going on about her.)

• Love 24

I just noticed this, but at the end of episode 2 in the preview for episode 3, there is a clip of an AA girl jumping up and landing hard in the splits in her solo, and I think it is Keyra based on costume.  But I'm confused because they edited in Judy saying "she's very good" right after that clip, followed by Kelli saying "damn".  Is this just a bad case of editing?.. I couldn't imagine that they were possibly saying that about Keyra if she got cut.  The landing kind of looked scary anyway, like it could injure her... Not graceful or something Kelli would like.  

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, lizzi6692 said:

Crystal and Trisha were on it as well, and I think Kelsi was too.

Wasn’t Michelle on it?  I thought they asked her to help Sydney cause she couldn’t hear where she was at during that one big performance 

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, FutureDCC said:

I just noticed this, but at the end of episode 2 in the preview for episode 3, there is a clip of an AA girl jumping up and landing hard in the splits in her solo, and I think it is Keyra based on costume.  But I'm confused because they edited in Judy saying "she's very good" right after that clip, followed by Kelli saying "damn".  Is this just a bad case of editing?.. I couldn't imagine that they were possibly saying that about Keyra if she got cut.  The landing kind of looked scary anyway, like it could injure her... Not graceful or something Kelli would like.  

I remember that but didn’t think it was Keyra - will need to rewatch.  I agree the split landing was not good - looked painful, clumsy, and all around not fun to watch.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, TeacherWoman said:

Somewhere I saw a photo of Christina in her high school dance/cheer uniform (don't remember which) and that is the same school Lindsey Waldrop attended.  I wonder if they knew each other and/or danced together.

Which makes me wonder..  Have their been DCCs who came out of the same high school?

Yes....a few.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Personal opinion aside. I sincerely hope VK takes a week or two to be hurt, then brushes it off and focused on ways to improve herself. I think an out of state college would be a great idea if she can transfer from TMU. Try out for a college dance team, join a sorority, move out of mommy and daddy's house and gain some real, hard life experience. And if, after you graduate, you still want to be a DCC then come on out and try again. By that point I believe the show will be gone and she can quietly get through the process and onto the team. By that point, her foolish 18 year old behavior will be brushed off as immaturity and she'll be more accepted. 

I wonder if being on the show is part of the reason she wants to be a DCC though...

• Love 6
1 minute ago, NMDD43 said:

I wonder if being on the show is part of the reason she wants to be a DCC though...

I doubt it. I firmly believe, given the comments she's made and the behavior/comments of her mother, that Tina was picking out DCC wear the second she knew she was having a girl. She wasn't even out of Tina's hoohah before she was dreaming of Victoria earning her stars and boots. At that point, the show wasn't even a thing. I think it's icing on the cake---though after the edit she's about to get, I highly doubt she'll still consider the show a favorable thing. 

• Love 14

I just found a video from a USO tour to Korea.  It was Trisha Trevino's 6th year, so that would make it Season 5.  Here are the girls performing--(I'm assuming they were all on Show Group)

Trisha Trevino, Cassie Trammell, Kelsi Reich, Whitney Isleib, Mia Greenhouse, Evan Anderson, Sydney Durso, Meagan McVay, Brittany Evans, Ashton Torres, Crystal Trevino and Meredith Oden.  That's 12; plus the 3 rookies: Kaitlin LeGrand, Olivia Stevanovski and Stephanie Haymann makes 15.  They usually have at least 16, so I'm wondering who the "other one" may be??

Brooke Sorenson, Tobie Percival, Ally Traylor???  Anybody know?  (Just curious...)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, FutureDCC said:

1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

I remember that but didn’t think it was Keyra - will need to rewatch.  I agree the split landing was not good - looked painful, clumsy, and all around not fun to watch.  

Yes it was Keyra 

iebrn3hssa7p2shqdj2v.jpg

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Tootie said:

I just found a video from a USO tour to Korea.  It was Trisha Trevino's 6th year, so that would make it Season 5.  Here are the girls performing--(I'm assuming they were all on Show Group)

Trisha Trevino, Cassie Trammell, Kelsi Reich, Whitney Isleib, Mia Greenhouse, Evan Anderson, Sydney Durso, Meagan McVay, Brittany Evans, Ashton Torres, Crystal Trevino and Meredith Oden.  That's 12; plus the 3 rookies: Kaitlin LeGrand, Olivia Stevanovski and Stephanie Haymann makes 15.  They usually have at least 16, so I'm wondering who the "other one" may be??

Brooke Sorenson, Tobie Percival, Ally Traylor???  Anybody know?  (Just curious...)

Just went back and checked the episode. Brooke, Tobie and Michelle Keys made it. Meagan was not part of show group initially it appears. They probably took her because they were down three people if Brooke, Tobie, and Michelle didn’t go. They also announced Olivia and Sydney as being alternates and the other two rookies weren’t mentioned or shown at all during that segment. 

• Love 2

Well I guess we can put to bed all the "Nepotism" talk for this season. I really do hope that Dayton and Victoria eventually become DCCs....Hopefully whatever happened with VK was just a minor misunderstanding and doesn't jeopardize any chance of her re-auditioning....and I really hope Dayton gets another year under her belt dancing on this cruise ship and gets more comfortable with the production aspect of her shows...which will set her up for success in front of the MTT Cameras. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, KTUCKER20 said:

If The Bachelor has somehow been on for 22 seasons I don't see MTT going anywhere anytime soon as long as the ratings are up. 

MTT is going nowhere for sure. Reality shows are the cheapest content to produce and CMT needs content. MTT also has a massive crossover effect, NFL, Cowboys, dancing, drama....the template of the show might be the same each year, but it's new characters each year that keep it fresh. 

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

MTT is going nowhere for sure. Reality shows are the cheapest content to produce and CMT needs content. MTT also has a massive crossover effect, NFL, Cowboys, dancing, drama....the template of the show might be the same each year, but it's new characters each year that keep it fresh. 

But As far as reality shows go, it’s one of the LAST ones I’d ever want to BE on.  I think it’s  unfortunate for women that want to be on the team but do not want to be part of the show. They can’t be separated right now. 

• Love 6

No more commenting on who posters might or might not be, or about alternate accounts, or sock puppets. Discuss the show, not your fellow posters. Many, many posts have been removed today, all of which violate the rules of this forum or quote posts that violate the rules. Y'all know better. We appreciate how excited you are by all the news, but that's not an excuse. Further violations will result in warnings, and may result in us locking this thread, if you can't play nice. 

Direct quote from the mod note at the bottom. 

Thread is now locked so that warnings and timeouts can be distributed. 

• Love 13

OK. We're going to unlock this thread. However, this is the last warning: people who continue to violate the civility rules may be banned from the site. 

Do NOT discuss your fellow posters. Positive, negative, just don't do it. If you see someone criticizing a fellow poster, REPORT IT. If you engage in a conversation someone else starts about a fellow poster, you're going to get warned too, whether you're seeking to defend them or not. 

Do NOT discuss Mod actions. No talk of locking or unlocking of threads, no talk of warnings, etc. And no trying to mod the thread yourselves - that's what they pay us the imaginary bucks to do. If you see a post that violates the rules, REPORT IT and move on. 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Cameos. 

AA176402-D442-4B9D-97FF-4884ED6B241C.jpeg

I feel like there is a lot less blonde than normal. 

VK posted this around the time MTT aired last night. I figured she'd come back eventually, I wish it wasn't going to be the very next year. Gonna be interesting to see how her cut is edited/aired. 

vk.JPG

vk2.JPG

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I feel like there is a lot less blonde than normal. 

More than in the past few years, actually. A lot of brunettes tried out so it’s surprising so many blondes made the squad. Or am I delusional?

Edited by PBSLover