Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

10 minutes ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

Alexis has a picture on her Insta story (I can never seem to share it here?!), which is her in uniform at her locker.  There is a brunette at her own locker but I can tell exactly who because it's blurry.  But she seems like one of the new rookies so I think maybe friends and family was tonight.  

If you look at her IG photos, it appears that this picture was from last year, and she used the same picture again.  The girl in the background is the same in both pictures.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Donna S said:

If you look at her IG photos, it appears that this picture was from last year, and she used the same picture again.  The girl in the background is the same in both pictures.

Yep, I believe that's Alexandria's sister from last year.  Sorry, my bad!

So , after a long training camp, the team is finalized. A lot of rumors and speculation continue to swirl as a result. I find the "racist/racial" comments distressing and slanderous to the organization. Without having gone through the training camp process nor viewing this season yet (as it has not completely aired), those comments seem a bit harsh to me.  The comments about Tara are speculative in nature and again, I reserve my opinion until after the season airs.

My fear is that, the speculation on this board may result in this show being cancelled in the future. I, for one, love watching the hopeful candidates pursue their dreams to be "one of America's sweethearts". I love watching cut training camp candidates return the following year, determined to give it another shot. I'd hate to see the show cancelled because of our rumors. 

Can't wait to see the season play out. Congratulations to ALL who made the team.

• Love 15
Just now, AZlover said:

So , after a long training camp, the team is finalized. A lot of rumors and speculation continue to swirl as a result. I find the "racist/racial" comments distressing and slanderous to the organization. Without having gone through the training camp process nor viewing this season yet (as it has not completely aired), those comments seem a bit harsh to me.  The comments about Tara are speculative in nature and again, I reserve my opinion until after the season airs.

My fear is that, the speculation on this board may result in this show being cancelled in the future. I, for one, love watching the hopeful candidates pursue their dreams to be "one of America's sweethearts". I love watching cut training camp candidates return the following year, determined to give it another shot. I'd hate to see the show cancelled because of our rumors. 

Can't wait to see the season play out. Congratulations to ALL who made the team.

I agree with every single one of your statements - well said

• Love 7

The show itself will get itself canceled. When it first started, what these women go thru to make the team made for awesome entertainment and they had a hit. But once that happens, they need to come up with ways to make each season better than the last and lose sight of why it was a hit in the first place. 

• Love 11
25 minutes ago, BonnieBlue said:

So people speculating on this board could cause the show to get canceled? How exactly would that happen? The show will continue as long as it’s profitable and I don’t see how our speculation harms that at all. If you’re worried about cancelation, I’d worry about Kelli trying to shove bad candidates down our throats. THAT will turn off viewers more than us speculating.  

It could happen because it draws negative attention to the organization.  I really hope the show continues for a few more years.

I also don't believe that Kelli shoves bad candidates down our throats. Maybe I'm naive, but I believe the organization prides itself on its "appearance" and its standing in the league for being a world class organization. Candidates are picked based on skill level and/or the ability to be groomed for the squad IMO. 

Now, I don't work for the team, nor do I live in Dallas. Heck, I'm not even a Cowboys fan. I am a former high school cheerleader, 8 year high school cheer coach, and mother of a daughter who danced competitively for 11 years who enjoys watching the selection and development of a group of cheerleaders.  Being a coach. I understand the difficulty in selecting the best candidates for the team. 

As with most TV shows, viewership numbers go up and down. However, IMO, most viewers aren't aware of this forum and the speculation shared. A true fan/viewer, will continue to watch to see the team evolve from start to finish.

Edited by AZlover
spelling
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, JohnGalt said:

Assuming you’re talking about Travis Wall. He’s a former SYTYCD contestant turned successful Emmy winning choreographer.

Yes. That's the one. Thank you. What is his style? What did he choreograph to win him an Emmy? Sorry about all the questions.

2 hours ago, Taralightner said:

No!!! It was MY OWN BRAIN. Your UN was/is awesome! It’s just my eyes, brain changed it. Lol. 

The funny thing is several peeps who I didn't even think noticed my posts also thought the same as you.  LOL

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Trixi said:

The show itself will get itself canceled. When it first started, what these women go thru to make the team made for awesome entertainment and they had a hit. But once that happens, they need to come up with ways to make each season better than the last and lose sight of why it was a hit in the first place. 

I think this show will be gone in a few years regardless. 

Every reality tv show, no matter how good, comes to an end. It just gets worn out and people get sick of it. This is the same exact show every year, and we all know it. It's already showing signs that it's tired - people making jokes that Kelli says the same thing every year, people making comments that they can't remember any of last year's rookies, or can't relate to anyone in TC, etc. I think the demise of this show will be hastened by the fact that the political climate is changing, lawsuits are revealing the ugly, exploitative side of the industry, and because the show is negatively impacting the squad itself by diminishing the number of aspirants who show up each year. I hope this show will make it to season 15. I can't imagine it will make it to season 20. I hope they go out on a high note.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 19
55 minutes ago, BonnieBlue said:
1 hour ago, AZlover said:

My fear is that, the speculation on this board may result in this show being cancelled in the future.

So people speculating on this board could cause the show to get canceled? How exactly would that happen? The show will continue as long as it’s profitable and I don’t see how our speculation harms that at all. If you’re worried about cancelation, I’d worry about Kelli trying to shove bad candidates down our throats. THAT will turn off viewers more than us speculating

I think this board actually helps generate higher viewership and ratings

3 hours ago, lfedncr said:
10 hours ago, BonnieBlue said:

Apparently she was overheard being critical of the favoritism Victoria was getting, and it got back to Kelli.

Wait for it.......wait for it.....there it is !!!! Someone said it thank you ...princess got picked on 

Wonder who snitched on Tara? 

21 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I think this show will be gone in a few years regardless. 

Every reality tv show, no matter how good, comes to an end. It just gets worn out and people get sick of it. This is the same exact show every year, and we all know it. It's already showing signs that it's tired - people making jokes that Kelli says the same thing every year, people making comments that they can't remember any of last year's rookies, or can't relate to anyone in TC, etc. I think the demise of this show will be hastened by the fact that the political climate is changing, lawsuits are revealing the ugly, exploitative side of the industry, and because the show is negatively impacting the squad itself by diminishing the number of aspirants who show up each year. I hope this show will make it to season 15. I can't imagine it will make it to season 20. I hope they go out on a high note.

Except for those damn Kardashians #makethemgoaway

• Love 15
15 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

I think this board actually helps generate higher viewership and ratings

Except for those damn Kardashians #makethemgoaway

What is it they say - any publicity is good publicity.  I wonder if the lawsuit will also bring in more viewers.

Now you've got me wondering who did snitch on Tara - if it was someone from the squad, a DCC employee, Jinelle or heck, even VK.

And I would like to know how the others feel.

Ok, who ever gets the job at IHOP - when the girls are just sitting, throw your voice at someone and say, "hey, like, what do you guys think about this like, Victoria thing?"

• Love 8
9 hours ago, veronicamers said:

I spent oh, about 45 minutes walking my husband through the Erica lawsuit situation. Seriously, I almost got out the whiteboard.

?????????????????

Edited by Jessinvirginia
I’m an idiot who still doesn’t understand how to quote posts here. ??‍♀️
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, TinyHands said:

I spent oh, about 45 minutes walking my husband through the Erica lawsuit situation. Seriously, I almost got out the whiteboard.

This is my favorite thing I’ve read here. Ever. 

SAAAME!!! I snorted water out my nose!! ???

• Love 3
3 hours ago, AZlover said:

The only way the show will be cancelled is if advertisers pull out and the show no longer earns revenue. This board and the rumors thus far mean nothing.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

Oh, have you not heard? It was none other than Jenna! ??

1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

The only way the show will be cancelled is if advertisers pull out and the show no longer earns revenue. This board and the rumors thus far mean nothing.

Pretty much

• Love 14
19 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

I'm just a bit sad for Tara that she doesn't get to cheer w/ her bffs Erin and Madeline

I don’t think this season will be enjoyable. I am really upset about Tara being cut and don’t want to watch VK through to the end either. I feel like there is no one to root for this year. I liked Malena, too!

Its going to be a horrible season

• Love 4
4 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Now you've got me wondering who did snitch on Tara - if it was someone from the squad, a DCC employee, Jinelle or heck, even VK.

It seems the vet lockers are arranged alphabetically with the rookies sprinkled throughout. I wonder if Tara and VK had lockers next to each other? 

15 hours ago, GreyCheerGirl said:

This bothers me because while I understand that they can't be "toxic", it seems like they also can't have an opinion of anything that doesn't conform to what Kelli likes or dislikes.  Just because she was critical of a situation that she may have thought was unfair doesn't IMHO justify cutting her from the team.  Just my two cents' worth as a lawyer..... 

I so agree about this.  and it’s funny to me that Tara’s cut could have been avoided if TPTB did not shove Victoria in their faces like they are with every episode this season and I seem in the preview more VK talking heads. 

I cant watch VK anymore this season knowing her existence on the show was Tara’s downfall. 

Edited by JerseyGirl
Spelling
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

But if Tara was cut for badmouthing VK, why was she called in 3 times?

I don't know that I can buy into that speculation that she bad mouthed Victoria and got busted for it.  I can see weight issues quicker than that ... but that's just my opinion. That and 5$ gets my starbucks :)

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, AZlover said:

We here at PVT have the power to snark our butts off, we do not have the power to cancel a show. 

• Love 24
2 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

Oh, have you not heard? It was none other than Jenna! ??

Hahahahaha!  You beat me to it!

22 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

Here is the moral of the story in a nut shell:

Screenshot_20180815-071412_Chrome.jpg

We need a separate thread to all write thank you notes to him!  He's one guy who I hope was a google alert on his name.  

• Love 18
1 hour ago, tinabee1967 said:

Here is the moral of the story in a nut shell:

Screenshot_20180815-071412_Chrome.jpg

This gave me a good belly laugh!    And from a weatherman no less!

I am waiting for him to wink at me!

Edited by DCC.Style.fan
  • Love 7

I feel like the Tara trashing VK thing got ponied up as a joke 15 pages ago and is now being treated as gold ?? 

Of all the people to call out for talking smack, she wouldn’t have made my short list. It was probably being outdanced/weight gain plain and simple. 

• Love 21

To start, I'm not buying Tara supposedly bitching about favoritism being the reason she was cut.  But if it did happen (big if), it's not an example of Kelli not allowing others to have different opinions, it's an example of someone creating a toxic work environment.  There's a world of difference between a person calling a meeting with her boss and discussing a perception of favoritism vs complaining in your workplace behind the boss' back.  I'm the cheese who stands alone, but I think an employee deserves to get fired for that kind of behavior, and IF that's the case here I am 100% behind Kelli.

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, ByTor said:

To start, I'm not buying Tara supposedly bitching about favoritism being the reason she was cut.  But if it did happen (big if), it's not an example of Kelli not allowing others to have different opinions, it's an example of someone creating a toxic work environment.  There's a world of difference between a person calling a meeting with her boss and discussing a perception of favoritism vs complaining in your workplace behind the boss' back.  I'm the cheese who stands alone, but I think an employee deserves to get fired for that kind of behavior, and IF that's the case here I am 100% behind Kelli.

I don't buy it either and I completely agree.  We have a coworker here who makes our work environment hostile and toxic most days.  It's been better for the past couple of weeks but we never know when the shoe is going to drop.  This person bad mouths everyone in our office (except their self) including our director.  You do not stand alone in your thoughts on getting fired for toxic behavior.  

12 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I feel like the Tara trashing VK thing got ponied up as a joke 15 pages ago and is now being treated as gold ?? 

Of all the people to call out for talking smack, she wouldn’t have made my short list. It was probably being outdanced/weight gain plain and simple. 

Agreed! 110%

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I agree that toxic behavior should not be allowed, although I’m not seeing where that has been suggested Tara.  If bosses fired everyone who complained about the workplace or their leadership behind their backs, they would have few employees left, and/or would get hit with a retaliation claim (not saying it would be a legitimate claim -probably not- but sooner or later, it would come). Beyond that, nothing that we have seen from Kelli suggests that she is the type of supervisor who would take any type of criticism that questions her leadership from her employees well. IMO, she is absolutely the type who would hold a grudge forever. I think the obvious favoritism is the root problem, not someone complaining about it. 

I may just have different experiences, but at every place that I’ve worked, people complain. Someone running to the boss about the complaints is what is more unusual to me. Now, I’ve been in situations where people lied about people (serious lies). That was toxic. Someone complaining about the boss having their favorites - ehh, not seeing the big deal at all. Although, the way that they go about it certainly matters.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I’m not seeing where that has been suggested Tara.

The rumor itself is that Tara was caught complaining about Victoria being favored, so it hasn't been suggested, it's been stated outright.

Just now, ByTor said:

The rumor itself is that Tara was caught complaining about Victoria being favored, so it hasn't been suggested, it's been stated outright.

I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree. I don’t think that’s toxic. I’ll have to see how it plays out and how she went about it, but no, I don’t think complaining about something at work (while not going to the boss about it) is toxic. 

• Love 3

If Tara got called in 3 times, I highly doubt it's complaining on VK.  That story seems to have gotten a life of its own. Those that seem to have an insider perspective are not pointing that way.   I am sure over the years there has always been locker room talk on who is Kelli and Judy's favorites, who snitches, who got the best appearances, etc.  I remember Angela not hiding her anger over not making show group.  She was still on the team.  VK's over the top and push in front attitude probably had some rolled eyes among the TCC but those girls are fighting for their spots and probably were too busy trying to make the team to talk much about it.

Whatever happened to Tara, she clearly was a locker room favorite since all but 2 vets went out for pancakes.

I am sad to see Tara go and will wait to find out what the show tells us.  

This has to be a hard lesson for VK because she seems to be Daddy and Mommy's princess who probably could do no wrong most of her life.  Society has changed how we raise children and not necessarily in a good way.  She's a beautiful girl (gummy smile and all) and in the real world has a good body but not DCC perfect in any way.  Constructive criticism has gone by the wayside and we over compliment our children.  Everyone makes the team.  Everyone gets a trophy.  I was in my bonus son's life since he was 8 years old and made sure he knew my compliments were from the heart and genuine.  I encouraged him but did not tell him he was the "best" at football when I knew it was not his sport, other people are jealous is why those people criticized him etc.  In fact I tried to encourage his true strengths like singing and crew.

As far as VK's lying, children at a young age are taught that is wrong.  So they should not edit that part of her cut.  If VK got kicked off for lying and weight, then that is what they should show.  She will have a hard time for a while since this was her big dream but it may be her first wake up call to the real world.  The suggestion of out of state college is a good one.  Go experience another world.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Jess14 said:

I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree. I don’t think that’s toxic. I’ll have to see how it plays out and how she went about it, but no, I don’t think complaining about something at work (while not going to the boss about it) is toxic. 

If she is loudly complaining about favoritism for others to hear, that would be considered behavior that can affect how others do their job & contribute toward overall poor morale, which is characteristic of a hostile work environment.

1 minute ago, Lexusprincess said:

If Tara got called in 3 times, I highly doubt it's complaining on VK.

I highly doubt it too.  Whoever started this rumor is probably having a good laugh over how much the topic is being debated :)

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I am unclear how this “Tara complaining about Victoria” became a factual narrative.

As far as I am aware and from what I have been told, Tara was cut for weight, being outdanced and blending in a year full of strong, exceptional rookie candidates. 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, NotaDCCheerleader said:

As far as I am aware and from what I have been told, Tara was cut for weight, being outdanced and blending in a year full of strong, exceptional rookie candidates. 

From last year, I honestly didn't see Tara as much more than a blender, so IMO this explanation makes a lot more sense.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, NotaDCCheerleader said:

I am unclear how this “Tara complaining about Victoria” became a factual narrative.

Someone a few pages back I believe stated that there was this discussion on another board that they read, and she transferred it over here as food for thought and then people began discussing. 

I think it could be believable, but I am not taking it as truth until it is confirmed on here by an insider or until the show addresses it. I’ll be interested to see how the show addresses the cut!

25 minutes ago, ByTor said:

If she is loudly complaining about favoritism for others to hear, that would be considered behavior that can affect how others do their job & contribute toward overall poor morale, which is characteristic of a hostile work environment.

Again, I just disagree, which is fine, we all have different experiences. I just honestly don’t see that as toxic. Also, while I know that legal definitions and common everyday ones, are not the same, a hostile work environment requires pervasive, severe behavior to the extent that someone’s terms of employment are affected. I don’t see anyway that complaints (if they even occurred) could meet that. I do think Kelli’s rank favoritism to certain people leads to a toxic workplace though. 

24 minutes ago, NotaDCCheerleader said:

Thanks for this. That makes more sense. Although unless Tara just really slacked off, I wonder how she is the one who got outdanced. Did Savannah turn a corner.l? She looked weak and like she was chasing the music during basically every video that I saw of her last year.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, NotaDCCheerleader said:

The original poster wrote it, and did not preface it with "I believe" or "I think" or "I bet" or "I wonder if." It was stated as if it is fact. In the absence of an obvious reason for Tara's dismissal, and given the willingness here to believe anything and everything negative related to Victoria, I'm not surprised people ran with it.

Most people started off saying "Well IF that happened, then yadda yadda" but as the story was repeated over and over, it became "fact." That's what happens here. Over and over. There has been enough truth to the rumors on this board, that people are more willing to believe.  On top of that, the rules about asking people for proof/substantiation mean that stories go largely unchallenged. I understand why the rules are there, but this is one of the outcomes. 

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Again, I just disagree, which is fine, we all have different experiences. I just honestly don’t see that as toxic. Also, while I know that legal definitions and common everyday ones, are not the same, a hostile work environment requires pervasive, severe behavior to the extent that someone’s terms of employment are affected. I don’t see anyway that complaints (if they even occurred) could meet that. I do think Kelli’s rank favoritism to certain people leads to a toxic workplace though. 

Thanks for this. That makes more sense. Although unless Tara just really slacked off, I wonder how she is the one who got outdanced. Did Savannah turn a corner.l? She looked weak and like she was chasing the music during basically every video that I saw of her last year.

Unfortunately Tara does not have the unique look on her side the way that Savannah does. I think since Savvy's been featured so much she has become a fan favorite, and in DCC land that gives you points the same way good dancing does. I totally agree though, she was a beat behind on a lot of the dancing videos I watched last year. 

It was Miss Scarlet in the Library with the Candlestick. Maybe it was Erica. Maybe Tara was caught by Kelli or Charlotte sticking pins in her Victoria VooDoo Doll after practice.

I seriously doubt they would call her in three times in the office if she was talking about Victoria and the favoritism she was receiving.

26 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

I’m not saying it isn’t possible that Tara complained about Victoria, but even if she did, I really don’t think it contributed to her cut. I have heard from a few different places at this point that Tara was warned about her weight multiple times as well as needing to up her power and performance level. She’s not the only vet who was warned about this. Savannah also had an office visit where she got a bit of a wake up call on power, but she wasn’t a weight risk and was able to course correct.

I believe this a lot more. I admit it can be fun and a little interesting to speculate about what happen with Tara until we all are blue in the face and the cows finally come home, but I think John Galt's inside information is right on.

29 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Sorry, @Jess14, I keep calling you out and it looks like I'm picking on you (I guess I'm Tara and you're Victoria LOL!!).  My experience definitely is different... many years ago I did the same thing Tara allegedly did & you bet there was fallout!  IMO the mature thing to do is to speak privately to your boss about your issues (I know, easier said than done, but the consequences aren't worth it).

@JohnGalt..Tara looked fine to me for the swimsuit shoot.  Do you know if she actually was heavier at auditions, or was her gain during TC?  Was her prior year uniform not fitting well?

• Love 1

That's the thing that annoys me so much with this organization. If a girl gains even 5 pounds from her rookie year weight, they get called out on it but even if their body still looks banging TPTB don't care. If she still looks great in her uniform, it shouldn't be an issue. Tasha's probably one I can call out on not looking like her audition weight, but they don't care.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, JohnGalt said:

the DCC powers that be expect girls to maintain their audition weight.

Thanks!  

The part I quoted is making me wonder.  If someone who needs to lose weight is taken into TC as a rookie candidate, but then successfully takes the weight off, I assume that means they need to maintain their new weight?  It would be a nice little cushion for them to have to maintain audition weight!

3 minutes ago, Runnergrl37 said:

this team is ridiculous if tara was indeed fired for her weight.  She's probably 5'3, 110 lbs.  I'm so effing tired of the DCC management and their TOXIC expectations. 

I personally think it is stupid to expect girls who are the same height to weigh the same. I am about 5'4" and at one time weighed 97 pounds. People thought I had an eating disorder. I wish I could be petite again, but my medical team would not be happy if I weighed less than 100 pounds.