Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, MelTexGirl said:

I think after all these stories about Victoria lying about the nutritionist and all the weight issues plus the intro she had about her weight makes me believe this whole thing is scripted. TK and VK came into this  season knowing she will be cut. 

I dont know if that’s what majority of the posters here think, but it keeps getting unrealistic as more stories/speculations come up. 

This whole thing, cuts, keeps, makes me smh. Reality? No. I think they have an idea of who they plan to cut and keep from the get go. But they will adapt and change it up and do use things that happen to their advantage for show suspense. 

Edited by Jesslyn
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, MelTexGirl said:

I think after all these stories about Victoria lying about the nutritionist and all the weight issues plus the intro she had about her weight makes me believe this whole thing is scripted. TK and VK came into this  season knowing she will be cut. 

I dont know if that’s what majority of the posters here think, but it keeps getting unrealistic as more stories/speculations come up. 

I can see an immature 18 year old agreeing to this and thinking, "What's the worst that can happen, it's exposure." I can't, however, get behind Tina being cool with this or Kelli using her best friends daughter in this way. If anything I think Victoria thought she had it in the bag, acted like it and it bite her in the ass. 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 20
52 minutes ago, MelTexGirl said:

I work with teens and young adults (history teacher and riding instructor) and the absolute last thing they want to do is to be shown as a failure or loser at something. They are very sensitive to what their peers think of them and their place in the pecking order at that age. As someone mentioned, most are also sensitive about their weight. I think she was told she had an excellent shot at being on the team as long as she followed the rules, and she, thinking she was a shoe-in, slacked off and went the route of doing her own thing. If she embarrassed Kelli or Charlotte in any way, after gushing over her the way they did, it would definitely result in her being cut, which if true, is what I think may have happened.

• Love 11
42 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

No. Just no.

I agree. This is not a conspiracy. She lied. She was caught. Nothing was scripted. I'm a professor and students lie and cheat. It sucks but it's how it is. VK screwed up and that's it, but i am still wondering what she is going to do now. College?

• Love 11

Ok - finally found this.  Did anyone ever see them perform this?  Is this routine or Hand Clap or even Loud still in their rotation? I was wondering cause it used to be they learned 50 routines in TC and now it’s 30.

• Love 2

To those wanting to see Daphne dance, search for UCLA Dance Team on youtube. There are only 9 girls on the team so she is easy to spot.

Here she is all the way on the left:  

Here she is front and center: 

There are lots more.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, cashandprizes said:

This.  

8 hours ago, lizzi6692 said:

According to posts from around this time last year, Sam Finglass was one of the recipients of the snaps and that was how Kelli found out in the first place. Jenna was questioned about it because she had already been called in regarding poor leadership decisions after the Holly incident. They were likely checking to make sure that lesson had sunk in. 

So Kelli somehow knew that jenna had a screenshot of said snap. And Erica was cool with it. Yeah ok I don’t get it.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Ok - finally found this.  Did anyone ever see them perform this?  Is this routine or Hand Clap or even Loud still in their rotation? I was wondering cause it used to be they learned 50 routines in TC and now it’s 30.

I hope not bc that's awful ... music is good but that routine ... no.  I'm so NOT a fan of MK's choreo.  It all looks the same and this just looks really bad.  Even Holly can't make this routine look good. 

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Gigi88 said:

Why are they extending training camp so long now? Just two seasons ago it was done by the end of July. This dragging it out this long is ridiculous. 

I agree. And for the life of me I can’t imagine it being because they aren’t sure who to choose for the team and they HAVE to get it down to 36 because that’s just insane.

8 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I doubt Tara was cut.  Instead, I think she left for personal reasons.  If there was something to cut her for between end of Training Camp last year and auditions this year, she would have been cut at Finals.  She doesn't seem the type to screw up badly enough to be cut, especially after the bad examples three of the veterans set last year and she seemed to be doing just fine during Training Camp this year, thus the reason she quietly left this year. 

I think she’s either pregnant or like you said something personal where she had to make the decision.

1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

So Kelli somehow knew that jenna had a screenshot of said snap. And Erica was cool with it. Yeah ok I don’t get it.

My guess is, if that’s even the case, that Kelli knew how close she and Jenna were and simply asked her about it..or overheard something and Jenna squealed. Hell im just guessing as many of us are. They seem to still be friends so whatever it was wasn’t terrible.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

I agree. And for the life of me I can’t imagine it being because they aren’t sure who to choose for the team and they HAVE to get it down to 36 because that’s just insane.

It seems like they drag this out longer and longer every year. The game is Saturday! Come on! 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

If anyone's interested, Jalyn's rookie bio picture from the Jets Flight Crew 2017.

wh7o64vrxtkwbi2kssj2.jpg

I Love Jalyn and she reminds me of the actress Melinda Clarke in this picture. Wow, she really does have beautiful eyes! She is going to be one of my favourite rookies if she makes it and I'm glad she is on Show Group. 

• Love 16
1 minute ago, NicoleS9954 said:

I Love Jalyn and she reminds me of the actress Melinda Clarke in this picture. Wow, she really does have beautiful eyes! She is going to be one of my favourite rookies if she makes it and I'm glad she is on Show Group. 

She looks awesome in this picture....I did NOT like her purple/burgundy hair at tryouts but she is a phenomenal dancer and since she made SG, I would guess she will make the team.  Her makeover seemed to really help her looks a lot.  That other color made her look OLD!!

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, kicklinegal said:

Tara's instagram story has another bouquet of flowers...now I'm just hoping that something isn't wrong with her - like I hope she's not sick and she needed to leave camp because of it ?

Same here...I just have to think she left for personal reason.  She doesn't seem like the kind to break rules and she definitely didn't have a weight problem.  Last year, K and J made comments bout how Tara looked better than Savannah so I'm thinking personal reasons.  

• Love 7

Didn’t one of the insiders say that Tara was cut? It didn’t sound like she left voluntarily, which is what I would think would be the case if she was sick or injured, but who knows.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Jess14 said:

Didn’t one of the insiders say that Tara was cut? It didn’t sound like she left voluntarily, which is what I would think would be the case if she was sick or injured, but who knows.

They may have assumed she was cut... I'm sure we will know for certain eventually.  It usually takes a hell of a lot for a vet to get cut.  Many said Holly was cut when Kelli said they accepted her resignation ... so that's what I'm wondering. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kayce said:

I hope not bc that's awful ... music is good but that routine ... no.  I'm so NOT a fan of MK's choreo.  It all looks the same and this just looks really bad.  Even Holly can't make this routine look good. 

Also,no offense but... i can see different dance instructors saying this as we’ve seen girls struggling with lyrical (which is understandble and I don’t see why a great pom dancer should be cut or in danger for not being good at lyrical), but being able to retain a basic MK choreo isn’t that impressive for a pom squad. That’s the kind of choreo they’re taught at prep classes and all of their routines are basically the same moves in different counts.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Maybe the snap to Sam is what made Kelli aware, but Erica had also sent regular pictures to Jenna, which is what was on her phone. I don’t do Snapchat, but my understanding is that Erica would’ve known if a snap was screenshoted, and Jenna would’ve known that she would know. That’s strange, but who knows.

Erica’s doesn’t seem like she was trying to hide her behavior that much. She sent snaps to (I’m sure among others) the coach’s daughter and her friend who was already benched, in part, for not going to K&J about another friend. Likewise, other posts said that she was drinking in the stands with other Cowboys employees. If I’m going to sneak out, I’m going to stand in a dark corner somewhere lol! Seems like Erica either didn’t care that much at that point or didn’t think it was a big deal.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

14 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

If VK has a medical condition - ie thyroid - going to a nutritionist won't help.  And if she has been struggling with weight, changing her diet, working out and dancing non stop, she may be so frustrated that she just didn't want to go to the nutritionist.  Especially if she isn't sure what is going on and then the stress of trying to make the team.

If VK, or Tina, thought for a second it was a medical issue she'd be seeing her doctor and running blood tests. And while I completely understand feeling 'over it', if she was told to go you don't get a "I don't feel like it pass." I do agree with the poster who said it gives more credence to the assumed spot, she probably thought she was safe regardless...which makes me wonder, where else was she screwing up? It's not like weight hasn't or couldn't be ignored in the past, so why isn't it for her? There's got to be more than just 1 or 2 lies plus weight. 

Exactly, you go whether you feel like it or not.  That’s part of work; doing things you don’t want to do.  As a TCC, it would only take one lie to tell me what I need to know and you would not make the team.  If you lie as a TCC, then I see you as a problem during the year.  I wouldn’t take the chance.  If this is all true, how selfish do you have to be to realize that your disregarding rules doesn’t just affect you?  It affects your Mom and her relationship with her best friend.  

• Love 8

Hi all.  Long time following.  Finally created an account last Friday so please forgive the random comments.  Many I have wanted to make over the past few months.  

• Brennan:  I am hoping she makes the team this year.  She seems to be a very nice, mature and professional young lady.  My problem with her over the past few years is only that she looks cross-eyed and that is very distracting.
  • VK:  Ugh  I agree with so much that has already been said.  She has quite a bit of growing up to do

Thank you for having me on the "team".  More random comments to come.

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, J-R said:

Hi all.  Long time following.  Finally created an account last Friday so please forgive the random comments.  Many I have wanted to make over the past few months.  

• Brennan:  I am hoping she makes the team this year.  She seems to be a very nice, mature and professional young lady.  My problem with her over the past few years is only that she looks cross-eyed and that is very distracting.
  • VK:  Ugh  I agree with so much that has already been said.  She has quite a bit of growing up to do

Thank you for having me on the "team".  More random comments to come.

Welcome to the team!

• Love 8

I was rooting for VK this year after all the mean comments about her appearance, I had to keep rooting for her to make it. This whole situation made me shake my head at her. I was once young, dumb and 18, but if it was really your dream to get on the team, you'd do what they tell you to do.

• Love 13
18 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I was rooting for VK this year after all the mean comments about her appearance, I had to keep rooting for her to make it. This whole situation made me shake my head at her. I was once young, dumb and 18, but if it was really your dream to get on the team, you'd do what they tell you to do.

Same. I was rooting for her because of all the hateful comments... but now???

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I was team Victoria as well...because I didn't know enough about the young lady to make the judgement call on her character.  

7 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Same here. I was willing to give her a chance because I thought people were holding her to a different standard than everyone else, and that’s not fair. I also thought all of the comments about her saying telling people that she was guaranteed to make it had to be false. I thought, surely, she couldn’t be that foolish. Apparently, I was wrong. 

10 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Those pictures leave little doubt as to why Keyra was cut.

But one of them is from 2017, so that one actually makes you wonder why she made the team in the first place.   I never thought she had the right body type of DCC, so I’m in full support of them cutting her.  

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Trixi said:

2017 Tara

1AE88AB5-D686-4156-BCF5-14D21D70ED0A.jpeg

74166CCA-768A-4AA9-8AA9-18BB253B35CA.jpeg

2018 Tara 

760BEBDE-6517-4384-8829-A95AE11982DF.jpeg

Even if she gained some weight, Tara looks good to me! She is in the larger wall swimsuit calendar, they easily could’ve used someone else if she gained weight and they were unhappy about it. 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Jesslyn said:

Even if she gained some weight, Tara looks good to me! She is in the larger wall swimsuit calendar, they easily could’ve used someone else if she gained weight and they were unhappy about it. 

I seriously wonder if it's something personal or health related. She looks amazing, it's not weight (at least by these pics). She worked too hard to get on the team (and has NFL cheer experience) so I HIGHLY doubt she would be breaking rules and risking her place....ESPECIALLY as her rookie year she watched 2 vets get removed from the team and another vet faced with punitive actions. She struck me as being sweet, humbled, and well liked by her teammates. Now I don't know her, I'm only going by her edit and speculation based on her history. I just feel there is something more to the story. That's an episode I don't want to miss.  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

It seems like they drag this out longer and longer every year. The game is Saturday! Come on! 

IIRC, last year the team was announced the same week as friends and family, right before first home preseason game. So this year seems to be the same. 

• Love 1

I see more weight gain on Tasha to be honest...she's still beautiful but she has obvious weight gain.  Madeline...I just don't see the weight gain others have mentioned.  

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Kayce said:

I see more weight gain on Tasha to be honest...she's still beautiful but she has obvious weight gain.  Madeline...I just don't see the weight gain others have mentioned.  

Granted she’s in movement here, but I’ll try to find others. Can still see she’s gained though. 

BB568FFA-16E4-43CB-9154-52D4756A80D1.jpeg

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Granted she’s in movement here, but I’ll try to find others. Can still see she’s gained though. 

BB568FFA-16E4-43CB-9154-52D4756A80D1.jpeg

IMHO, the ladies who are the phenomenal dancers seem to get cut some slack on weight.  Though I think Maddie looks pretty good here.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

IMHO, the ladies who are the phenomenal dancers seem to get cut some slack on weight.  Though I think Maddie looks pretty good here.

image.png.990627a67d4d03fa3486fe3563b79803.png                      image.png.14a30e613a7ed94ce8480643e823efe0.png

I guess we can agree to disagree because I just don't see it...that is her 2017 cameo and she looks the same to me except she has a bit more of a tan.  :) 

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, J-R said:

She, Keyra, came across to me as a smart mouth.  I did not care for her one bit.

She appeared to be pretty full of herself as well. I remember TC last year when she said she thought she could get on the team based on just her talent. Thats pretty

presumptuous to think your a really talented. She was, but to outwardly admit it seems a little off to me. 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Kayce said:

image.png.990627a67d4d03fa3486fe3563b79803.png                      image.png.14a30e613a7ed94ce8480643e823efe0.png

I guess we can agree to disagree because I just don't see it...that is her 2017 cameo and she looks the same to me except she has a bit more of a tan.  :) 

I guess she's just always been a little "dcc soft", so that's why you don't see it and she looks the same..because she does.

4 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

She appeared to be pretty full of herself as well. I remember TC last year when she said she thought she could get on the team based on just her talent. Thats pretty presumptuous to think your a really talented. She was, but to outwardly admit it seems a little off to me

I don't think there's anything wrong w/ acknowledging your talent just as long as you aren't putting others down to uplift yourself. I will outwardly admit that I am a great writer, but I don't think that seems "off" or "full of myself." I just happen to be aware of my talent. Same goes for her. IDK, maybe it just isn't a big deal to me.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Maddie has obviously gained this season, I wonder if she had a talking to (and if we’ll see it). 

I noticed her start to look heavy last season actually.  Kashara looks bigger too based on that footage from the Draft.   If Tara cut had anything to do w/ weight I see their double standards are still alive and well...

Oh well, excuse me while I get back to my 600 calorie Starbucks drink and sit at my desk...;).

4 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

Thought I would post this because I think it is pretty amazing.  Easy to see why she made SG

Wow - doing that at 20, or whatever age she is, is impressive.  Usually you mostly see that stuff on little kids...

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 11
16 hours ago, Tootie said:

Suggestion:  Someone needs to create 1 post listing answers to all of the frequently asked questions (such as regarding Jenna, Holly, Erica, Alexandria, Milan, Kalyssa); list out all of the retiring vets and (known) reasons; speculated reasons for the 2 vets cut at Finals; and Tara and Victoria speculation.  Each time we move to a new page, that post can be transferred so the info is readily available for newbies.  Feel free to add any "hot topics" I didn't list.  Also, a post could be made for the "where have they gone" thread with pertinent info...

Unfortunately, that's not something we can do - the forum software does not allow for it. It's totally fine if questions get asked multiple times - people are not forced to read the entire thread before posting :) 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Also,no offense but... i can see different dance instructors saying this as we’ve seen girls struggling with lyrical (which is understandble and I don’t see why a great pom dancer should be cut or in danger for not being good at lyrical), but being able to retain a basic MK choreo isn’t that impressive for a pom squad. That’s the kind of choreo they’re taught at prep classes and all of their routines are basically the same moves in different counts.

This. A lot of people didn't realize that on Dance Moms those kids would go to a summer boot camp, learn a ton of different combinations and then 'compete' those same combinations in different orders depending on the music. I think the DCC is basically the same---learn these combos, dance in this order okay now dance in this order. They may have 1 or 2 unique pieces out of the year for specialty stuff, but most of it is basic and learning that routine in a night isn't really that big of an accomplishment. 

3 hours ago, BonnieBlue said:

Especially when what they tell you to do (i.e., go visit a nutritionist) is a pretty easy thing to do.  I think the depth of this deception reveals her character and, in light of that, she'll never be on the team.  Plus I just don't think dancing is her strong suit.

VK is actually a gorgeous dancer, but much like most of these girls, she was classically trained. It's when she tries to give power and sharp pom that she becomes a spastic Ferris wheel off the tracks. And I think that is a universal problem for a lot of these girls who try out who have years and years of dance---yes ballet and lyrical are all amazing, but you need to diversify. It's those who did that who tend to be the standouts on the team. 

But yes---if you're told to go, you say 'yes ma'am' and go. Even if you ignore her, you still go. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, DBAAT said:

She appeared to be pretty full of herself as well. I remember TC last year when she said she thought she could get on the team based on just her talent. Thats pretty

presumptuous to think your a really talented. She was, but to outwardly admit it seems a little off to me. 

While her delivery of that statement may have been a little blunt within the crowd, but I don't think that sentiment is wrong. We see it time and time again when awesome dancers make it into TC and then freeze like a fish out of water because they're no longer the best dancer in the studio. No one who shows up to audition for this type of job does so with a. "Well I guess I'm good enough," mentality. She is talented and there is zero wrong with accepting and acknowledging that. IMO, Keyra's downfall was her body shape and sadly there is nothing she can do about that one. 

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

But yes---if you're told to go, you say 'yes ma'am' and go. Even if you ignore her, you still go. 

Especially as it doesn’t seem like she’s doing much of anything beyond trying to be a DCC. She should’ve had ample time to go. On top of not going, it sounds like she just told a dumb lie to boot. If she was going to lie, she should’ve at least lied about her reasons for not going (not lying about going in the first place), or hell, she coulda started whimpering about how she’s just so frustrated and embarrassed about her weight problems, and that’s why she didn’t go. Maybe Kelli would’ve eaten that up. But to just lie and say you went to the nutritionist when you didn’t - something very easy to confirm - is beyond dumb. That’s the sort of lie that really pisses people off because you’re not just lying, but you’re also assuming that the person you’re lying to is too stupid and/or lazy to make a quick phone call. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 9
On 8/10/2018 at 4:29 PM, NotaDCCheerleader said:

Ignore ^^^^ cant get if off of my screen

I wonder if the nutritionist segment was suppose to be filmed since it is rumored Jinelle was involved somehow.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Christineelgene said:

Thought I would post this because I think it is pretty amazing.  Easy to see why she made SG

she is so pretty <3  Kelli must be on cloud 9 with all these beautiful red heads!! 

• Love 10

This is from a class she just posted on her IG page .. I'm still not seeing it... she looks tiny and in awesome shape :) 

D4D7F0DA-F8B4-4CC5-80C0-F2F3F0E4533C.jpeg

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

Ignore ^^^^ cant get if off of my screen

I wonder if the nutritionist segment was suppose to be filmed since it is rumored Jinelle was involved somehow.  

I thought it was suggested that she had told Jinelle she was guaranteed a spot, not dealing with the nutritionist? 

7 minutes ago, Kayce said:

This is from a class she just posted on her IG page .. I'm still not seeing it... she looks tiny and in awesome shape :) 

D4D7F0DA-F8B4-4CC5-80C0-F2F3F0E4533C.jpeg

The only picture where I have seen it were the bikini pictures from the beach that were posted on the Facebook page a few weeks ago (from the Oxnard trip maybe?), her tummy area looked less defined than it used to. Not sure if someone can find those pics of her in the bikini and post them. I am a Maddie fan and still think she looks fine. But I also love Kashara’s body type, I think her curves look amazing in the uniform.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

5 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

My guess is, if that’s even the case, that Kelli knew how close she and Jenna were and simply asked her about it..or overheard something and Jenna squealed. Hell im just guessing as many of us are. They seem to still be friends so whatever it was wasn’t terrible.

It honestly isn't logical that Jenna and Erica would still be friends if Jenna had gone running to Kelli and Judy trying to somehow ingratiate herself with them by throwing Erica under the bus.  I just don't see that as a part of her character at all, and the friendship Jenna and Erica continue to have seems to validate that view for me.  Even with what happened with Holly, it seemed to me as though Jenna was put in a really difficult place, and she didn't know what to do, and she made the wrong choice.  She didn't have the benefit of retrospect and outside perspective at the time, so I can see why she didn't say anything (even though she should have).  I think that was the reason (along with her excellence as a dancer and long tenure on the team) that she didn't get cut.  She was still lacking in maturity in some areas (as in the text she sent to Shelly), and there have been some mixed reviews about her attitude from some posters here who have met her (which is something that also hopefully changes), but she seems to have humbled herself and worked hard and I hate to see her keep getting thrown under the bus ad nauseam.  I was glad to see her participating in the first episode, and I hope she gets to keep working with the team throughout the season, as she has been really dedicated and clearly loves the squad.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, raindancer said:

It honestly isn't logical that Jenna and Erica would still be friends if Jenna had gone running to Kelli and Judy trying to somehow ingratiate herself with them by throwing Erica under the bus.  I just don't see that as a part of her character at all, and the friendship Jenna and Erica continue to have seems to validate that view for me.  Even with what happened with Holly, it seemed to me as though Jenna was put in a really difficult place, and she didn't know what to do, and she made the wrong choice.  She didn't have the benefit of retrospect and outside perspective at the time, so I can see why she didn't say anything (even though she should have).  I think that was the reason (along with her excellence as a dancer and long tenure on the team) that she didn't get cut.  She was still lacking in maturity in some areas (as in the text she sent to Shelly), and there have been some mixed reviews about her attitude from some posters here who have met her (which is something that also hopefully changes), but she seems to have humbled herself and worked hard and I hate to see her keep getting thrown under the bus ad nauseam.  I was glad to see her participating in the first episode, and I hope she gets to keep working with the team throughout the season, as she has been really dedicated and clearly loves the squad.

Jenna is not the innocent victim in all of this. I would not be surprised she told Erica she was forced to rat her out in order to save face and save her spot on the squad. She broke the rules and paid the price for it. Her I was tested during TC last year speaks volumes to me. She makes it out Judy, Erica and Charlotte were big meanies to her instead of admitting she knew what she was doing was wrong. She comes out entitled and self center, and I do not think she has learn any lesson at all. She is out for herself and willing to put the blame on others for her actions.

Edited by bigskygirl

Found this on IG. From this past Friday or Saturday I believe. Found it interesting with all the VK nutrition/weight issue talk and her being potentially cut on Thursday. May give more validity to her actually having been cut.109E5280-4057-4C14-A1CA-9219AA32B0FE.thumb.png.894f75ec6375699d8312ce1c319db5b9.png

• Love 4