Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

16 minutes ago, English Teacher said:

I have no insider info, but I thought Kindall blew off a mentoring session with Melissa and Megan C scolded her for it....which if true, isn’t terrible on Megan’s part. I can see her letting Kindall know it was a stupid move.  

Ah yes, that sounds more like what (supposedly) happened. 

It is obvious that part of being a DCC is being a "yes ma'am", Kool-Aid drinking kind of gal. Any deviation from that and Kelli will show you the door 

• Love 4

Long time lurker here!  I know, for a fact, that Judy and Kelli become openly critical of VK during TC.  So much so, that TK was actually hoping that VK did not make the team.  As of today, I do not know if she was cut or not. 

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, WickedMom said:

She was cut!???  I think she was my TCC favorite!

Lindsay was my fav. The only thing I can think of that would get hercut is memory mistakes/getting freaked out in front of Kelly and Judy.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, TinyHands said:

Lindsay was my fav. The only thing I can think of that would get hercut is memory mistakes/getting freaked out in front of Kelly and Judy.

I hope she tries out again.  She's a beautiful girl and her semi-freestyle was amazing.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Jennv said:

That picture above doesn't look like Jalyn. She looks old in that picture 

I know a few girls in training camp but I've never met Jalyn, so I consider myself pretty unbiased. My first thought was "DANG, she's pretty."

But to each their own ??‍♀️

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Tootie said:

Suggestion:  Someone needs to create 1 post listing answers to all of the frequently asked questions (such as regarding Jenna, Holly, Erica, Alexandria, Milan, Kalyssa); list out all of the retiring vets and (known) reasons; speculated reasons for the 2 vets cut at Finals; and Tara and Victoria speculation.  Each time we move to a new page, that post can be transferred so the info is readily available for newbies.  Feel free to add any "hot topics" I didn't list.  Also, a post could be made for the "where have they gone" thread with pertinent info...

Amen to this! I think it would definitely keep the forum moving forward. 

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, Lunacat said:

Can someone throw a quick ‘17 v ‘18 of Tara together? She was definitely one of my favs and I am super bummed (and a little disbelieving) for the reasons of the cut. 

2017 Tara

1AE88AB5-D686-4156-BCF5-14D21D70ED0A.jpeg

74166CCA-768A-4AA9-8AA9-18BB253B35CA.jpeg

2018 Tara 

760BEBDE-6517-4384-8829-A95AE11982DF.jpeg

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Trixi said:

2017 Tara

1AE88AB5-D686-4156-BCF5-14D21D70ED0A.jpeg

74166CCA-768A-4AA9-8AA9-18BB253B35CA.jpeg

2018 Tara 

760BEBDE-6517-4384-8829-A95AE11982DF.jpeg

Unless she gained wait in training camp then it might have been something else that got her cut !! Honestly looking at that last picture Tasha looks heavier then her 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 7

I loved Tara, I thought she embodied what is means to b DCC.  She sounded like a loyal friend and all around sweet girl. I’m interested into see why she got cut so late in the game. Will miss her. 

• Love 20
2 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Did Kelli & company know about her relationship before?  If yes, then how did they find out?  If no, then when and how?

Inquiring minds and all. 

She made an appointment with Kelli and told her, Kelli and Judy had no clue.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

But if it was a snap, how exactly did she have proof? Unless she didn’t open it before getting called in or screenshoted it, in which case she was definitely trying to screw her friend over. 

I’ve said it before but if Kelli chose Erica’s bff specifically when others had the same info...yeah that makes me lose all respect I’ve had for her (and the “amazing sisterhood of brilliant all-american girls who are soo supportive and great role models”).

This.  

Edited by cashandprizes
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

The pics posted of Tara just make me sad..........I really liked her.  I wish great things for her.  Such a sweet girl and I loved her as a DCC

I liked her too.  What a shame.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, English Teacher said:

I have no insider info, but I thought Kindall blew off a mentoring session with Melissa and Megan C scolded her for it....which if true, isn’t terrible on Megan’s part. I can see her letting Kindall know it was a stupid move.  

This and said she didn't want to be one of Melissa's projects bc they didn't have a good success rate of making it back AKA Kyndall was too independent and they want Yes Ma'amers.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, sonic44 said:

Long time lurker here!  I know, for a fact, that Judy and Kelli become openly critical of VK during TC.  So much so, that TK was actually hoping that VK did not make the team.  As of today, I do not know if she was cut or not. 

From everything we've seen of her through social media and on the show, VK lacks control.  I understand the 18 year old legacy exuberance and all, but this is a TEAM and she needs to dance similar to everyone else.  If they weren't calling her out at some point, I would have really lost all respect for them.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

But if it was a snap, how exactly did she have proof? Unless she didn’t open it before getting called in or screenshoted it, in which case she was definitely trying to screw her friend over. 

I’ve said it before but if Kelli chose Erica’s bff specifically when others had the same info...yeah that makes me lose all respect I’ve had for her (and the “amazing sisterhood of brilliant all-american girls who are soo supportive and great role models”).

According to posts from around this time last year, Sam Finglass was one of the recipients of the snaps and that was how Kelli found out in the first place. Jenna was questioned about it because she had already been called in regarding poor leadership decisions after the Holly incident. They were likely checking to make sure that lesson had sunk in. 

• Love 5

You don't have to explain more if you don't want to, but I'm wondering if you'd elaborate on this? It seems VK came out of TK's vagina with one single goal for her life---to be a DCC, so for her to no longer want that or see it as a viable option, something major had to have gone down? I mean, Vicky has been overly obnoxious in both episodes thus far, but I think TK has been even worse. For her to do a 180 is a bit...I don't know, jarring? 

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Lolfordays said:

I am having a hard time buying Sam posts how proud she is a VK if VK lies to her mom

I doubt Sam knew about it until afterwards and then couldn't retract the post without people asking why.  She wouldn't be able to give them a good answer because that's something she wouldn't want to discuss until Victoria herself had said something.

5 hours ago, Pebbles116 said:

Hmmmm yeah you're right. Maybe Sam's proud of her for even being a part of training camp and how VK handled getting caught/cut once faced with her lie?

The other thing is if both Dayton and Sam posted on Thursday about how proud they were of Victoria, it would be because all of them likely thought that Thursday was the last day of Training Camp and that the team would be announced that night.  Dayton and Sam likely wouldn't have know about everything Victoria was doing or what she was saying.  Thursday was also likely to be the day Victoria got cut.  She wouldn't want to tell ANYONE that, especially if the team was announced that same night, though she would have to say something sooner rather than later when the team picture came out and she wasn't in it.  Now, Victoria's had some time to process everything and her emotions aren't likely to be as raw as they were the first day or so after it happened.

I wonder why they were so critical of her.  If it was to help her become a better performer/dancer/etc. or they were trying to snap her out of the entitled attitude, then she should have taken the critiques and worked on what they were asking her to do.  If they were critiquing her for things she couldn't help or fix, then cut her and move on.  I wonder if Victoria was lying to her mom about some of the things she was told as well as to Kelli and Judy, mainly because she didn't want to admit that some of the things she was told just might be true and that she wasn't so amazing after all, especially when she was up against so many other talented dancers.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Trixi said:

And want to see Daphne’s dancing since she made show group. 

14FCEA1D-CBAA-4B25-81B5-C12BA6417ADB.jpeg

E267A8F8-C8E9-470F-A4A2-7172840706CE.jpeg

E55FF22D-4536-4166-B2A4-D29BD2EF1C0B.jpeg

My guess is probably styling, memory or blending. To be honest, blondes are a dime a dozen right now and if she couldn't make herself stand out, it's basically a death sentence. 

2 hours ago, Trixi said:

I can’t wait for the camp episodes. Have a lot of questions on why some were cut like Lindsey. She seems to look the part of DCC

402CF7E9-39BB-4ABB-BD94-FC9180E3E4C6.jpeg

FA62EA36-D6CC-4B41-8557-49717387303A.jpeg

AA1102D0-B713-4E45-808D-B28B2A513921.jpeg

37903C88-A151-46B6-94CF-4471AB5AF680.jpeg

9088029D-C93F-471E-9BE4-BBAD8B54EE15.jpeg

Yeah - she’s beautiful and has a great figure.  I’m surprised she was cut as well.    She looks great on the show too. 

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, lizzi6692 said:

According to posts from around this time last year, Sam Finglass was one of the recipients of the snaps and that was how Kelli found out in the first place.

*facepalm*

I'm so glad the "too stupid to live" moments from my early 20s didn't have such public and long lasting consequences.

Wonder how that lawsuit's going.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, Trixi said:

And want to see Daphne’s dancing since she made show group. 

14FCEA1D-CBAA-4B25-81B5-C12BA6417ADB.jpeg

E267A8F8-C8E9-470F-A4A2-7172840706CE.jpeg

E55FF22D-4536-4166-B2A4-D29BD2EF1C0B.jpeg

There's something about her body that makes me uncomfortable. Are her shorts worn too high or is her torso short?

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, KatieLen said:

There's something about her body that makes me uncomfortable. Are her shorts worn too high or is her torso short?

She hAs a really square shape. No defined waistline. That’s what I think is off. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, KatieLen said:

I feel like those shorts are 1 size too big for her body and it makes her torso look boxy/cut off. 

2 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Tara gets cut, but Savannah is still on the team. We’ve all seen Savannah dance. Kelli, what are you doing?

Savannah is the new Stephanie---with Hannah being the new red head in town I wouldn't be surprised if Savannah doesn't make it back next year. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

True, but this is her both years. I don't see much different.

Of course, there's nothing to say that the body can be the same from one year to the next, but Kelli's opinion may change, depending on who a candidate is stacked up against in any given year.

5b70ba42b51c1_KeyraDCC-Finals-16.thumb.jpg.bf273cf48833bab2d72d39ff10a40056.jpg

5b70b9eb198e6_KeyraFordFinals_22_of_71.thumb.jpg.a04296c83eb7e4958d945d077d5ed648.jpg

Keyra was always cringe-worthy to me, and these pictures solidify my opinion. I won’t miss her on the team.

• Love 17

I think those pictures of Keyra look just shy of God awful, at least on the DCC scale of what's considered awful. In the real world she looks fine, but I'm surprised she made it past prelims in DCC land with those short squat legs.

• Love 6

I doubt Tara was cut.  Instead, I think she left for personal reasons.  If there was something to cut her for between end of Training Camp last year and auditions this year, she would have been cut at Finals.  She doesn't seem the type to screw up badly enough to be cut, especially after the bad examples three of the veterans set last year and she seemed to be doing just fine during Training Camp this year, thus the reason she quietly left this year. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Jennv said:

I think those pictures of Keyra look just shy of God awful, at least on the DCC scale of what's considered awful. In the real world she looks fine, but I'm surprised she made it past prelims in DCC land with those short squat legs.

I think some of these photos are unforgiving. Keyra looked much better in her uniform than here. 

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Tara gets cut, but Savannah is still on the team. We’ve all seen Savannah dance. Kelli, what are you doing?

She’s keepin the redhead???‍♀️

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, cgloss said:

I think Savannah get a lot of forgiveness because of her visuals and being the token red head. 

• Love 2

Why doesn’t Stephanie have a retirement video, a one word to describe Stephanie and a compilation of her best pics like the other retirees? Maybe @ShellyB can help on this one?

Edited by Trixi
1 minute ago, Tootie said:

They add one every couple of days.  I'm sure she'll get her  turn.

Thanks for that. I always liked Stephanie and was happy when she made show group. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Trixi said:

Why doesn’t Stephanie have a retirement video, a one word to describe Stephanie and a compilation of her best pics like the other retirees? Maybe @ShellyB can help on this one?

They will be doing a few at a time

• Love 11

I think after all these stories about Victoria lying about the nutritionist and all the weight issues plus the intro she had about her weight makes me believe this whole thing is scripted. TK and VK came into this  season knowing she will be cut. 

I dont know if that’s what majority of the posters here think, but it keeps getting unrealistic as more stories/speculations come up. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, MelTexGirl said:

I think after all these stories about Victoria lying about the nutritionist and all the weight issues plus the intro she had about her weight makes me believe this whole thing is scripted. TK and VK came into this  season knowing she will be cut. 

I don't know if that’s what majority of the posters here think, but it keeps getting unrealistic as more stories/speculations come up. 

I can see your point.  Still, why would she put herself into this position, especially if there was the possibility (no, make that the likelihood) she would get ripped apart?  I could see auditioning if she wanted to make the team or even doing it to please her mom, but I don't see her doing it for the reason(s) you posted.  Still, who knows?  She could have.  Anything's possible.

• Love 3