Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

20 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

In regards to Kitty, many folks are tweeting her asking or commenting her absence during show group auditions. It sounds like it wasn’t her idea to not be there.

Wow.   Interesting.   I wonder what’s up with that?

• Love 7
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I agree 100% She should realize being a DCC is not the be all, end all of the universe. Breaks my heart to see what the girls go through in order to be a DCC. I also hate to see how the girls are treated by Kelli, Charlotte and CMT. I think Dayton was one smart cookie by going out and getting a great job on a cruise ship after being cut. Too bad other girls like Victoria and Malena are not doing the same thing.

Maybe Kelli's blind love for VK has put her over the edge. Judy can't really say anything because come on ... I did notice at the round table talk, Judy giving Denise the "tell (Kelli) like it is" look over at Denise. LOL!

I can't believe that Hannah tried out 3x. She pulled my heartstrings with her cameo. Poor thing. I wish her the best. She's an AMAZING dancer.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

Because VK herself said she'd be back next year. 

Oh I know, I meant why do we even consider this a plausible scenario. Of course Kelli would put her at point right now if she could so she will take her back, but that’s definitely not normal (fairness has gone out of the window anyway).

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Jennv said:

The thing that annoyed me most about little miss thing in the office last night was her initial response to being told that Denise didn't think she was all that. " I AM SHOCKED "

Really, GTF over yourself 

then, when pressed, she backtracks and starts making her stupid "I'm disappointed" crap excuse. Honestly I don't know if that is even true. She may have thought she was the best in the room and when they kept insisting she was off and wanted a reason she babbled off the first thing that came into her head.

I mean think about it. Was she off? Or was she just exactly the same as she always is (not good), and Kelli just can't admit that so ....

Preach it, sista!

16 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Wow.   Interesting.   I wonder what’s up with that?

Maybe, just maybe, she showed her partiality towards VK on social media.

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

Gonna have to disagree. They didn’t need to edit her to look bad. Malena is a sweet girl but she struggled with memory from day one. However she was legitimately one of Kelli’s favorites and Kelli wanted her on the team. She came very close to actually being on the team, but the final decision was somewhat forced. I think her cut was a blessing in disguise, because she would have struggled with memory all year and driven Judy completely crazy.

That did not stop Morgan and Kaitlin LaRae from making the team in Season 8. Judy has little say so in who makes the team. Kelli and Charlotte run the show. I actually think Charlotte has more of say so in who makes the team over Kelli.

2 hours ago, rl27rl said:

You know, I wasn't originally a VK hater or disliked her, but the more I see her, the more they show case her, and the more she acts over the top, the more I get annoyed with her and the blatant nepotism and favoritism and excuses K is making for her.  I have been following DCC:MTT since the 2 hour episode.  But this season is really making me want to stop watching it.

Giiiirrrrl, I hear ya!

2 hours ago, Trixi said:

Like I mentioned way back in this thread, the season shud have been renamed DCC:Making the Team/Victoria Kalina Edition. It’s just always her, her, her,  ad nauseum?

2 hours ago, Trixi said:

Like I mentioned way back in this thread, the season shud have been renamed DCC:Making the Team/Victoria Kalina Edition. It’s just always her, her, her,  ad nauseum?

deleted - ad nauseum

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Unfortunately, this isn't happening. She's enrolled at North Lake College less than 20 minutes from her parents house. It's a small-ish (around 10K students) community college that doesn't offer off campus living and won't give her any form of culture outside of the Dallas and DCC Bubble. And, she is continuing to dance at the same studio where she grew up and lord knows they're either not that great or don't give honest feedback. TK is stunting her daughter and it's sad to watch. 

Does the college offer dance as a major? have a dance team? She probably has outgrown her previous teacher - she needs to be going to Kitty !

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

Morgan and Kaitlyn LaRae are moot. Different season, different time. Being over roster wasn’t an option this year. Kelli would have taken a squad of 38 if she was able to. She wanted Malena. It’s really as simple as that. 

I have a feeling who said no to a team of 38, and no I do not mean Judy either.

4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Judy may not speak her mind, but her facial and body expressions speak volumes. I think she may be tired of the show. I think she and Marshall have the best non verbal expressions of the all the judges. I would love it if they decide to have her and Marshall sit next to one another at auditions and deliberations. It would be a hoot to watch them together.

I vote Judy and Marshall for the next ‘These Boots Were Made for Talkin’ podcast. And have Scott The Weatherman host it. And call it ‘These Boots Were Made for Blabbin’ instead. Just a thought. 

• Love 21
38 minutes ago, Katekate said:

What’s most confusing to me is why “everyone” likes Tina so much as to give her daughter special treatment. Tina seems like a complete mess...there I said it. 

Tina is Kelli's BFF. So if Kelli considers Dayton "like a daughter" then Kelli practically gave birth to VK.

• Love 7

So if VK plans on trying out again next year...……...we have time to get the bingo cards printed.  We can have squares that say:

1. VK jumps up and down

2. VK flips her hair over Kelli's desk

3. VK is in front of everyone else

4. VK moves into someone else's space

5. Marshall gives serious side eye

6. Judy gives serious side eye

7. VK falls out of a turn and everyone says "Awwwwwww!"

8. Scott takes one for the team

9. What's her name cries (her name just fell out of my head:/ )

10. Marshall eats a banana split

11. The girls go to IHOP

12. VK's trainer comes out of hiding

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

So if VK plans on trying out again next year...……...we have time to get the bingo cards printed.  We can have squares that say:

1. VK jumps up and down

11. The girls go to IHOP

Funny. But I'm not going to watch next year if VK returns.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

1. VK jumps up and down

11. The girls go to IHOP

HI-larious. I’m in. Marshall cracks my shit up (Note to self: Get banana split later). 

Additionally, I’ve rewatched this seasons episodes (10 hour transatlantic flight gave me some time to dissect every minute of Season 13). I am seriously wondering where VK’s Cowboys Fit trainer from episode 1 has been. Not ‘cause she’s obviously gained some weight. But ‘cause he’s fiiiine. Bring that guy back, please. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, JohnGalt said:

Morgan and Kaitlyn LaRae are moot. Different season, different time. Being over roster wasn’t an option this year. Kelli would have taken a squad of 38 if she was able to. She wanted Malena. It’s really as simple as that. 

@JohnGalt do u know who the 38th wud have been after Malena? I just don’t get the fangirling from Kelli over her tho, in almost every clip last nite she was going in the wrong direction. It seems impossible to me and my untrained eye that she cud ever be game ready this year. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Unfortunately, this isn't happening. She's enrolled at North Lake College less than 20 minutes from her parents house. It's a small-ish (around 10K students) community college that doesn't offer off campus living and won't give her any form of culture outside of the Dallas and DCC Bubble. And, she is continuing to dance at the same studio where she grew up and lord knows they're either not that great or don't give honest feedback.

14 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

Kitty has grown on me over the seasons. She is definitely a harsh critic and sometimes is distasteful in her statements. For all that, IMO, she really wants the girls to be successful, and doesn't waste any time with them tiptoeing around an issue.

I'm just going to leave this right here...

5b9c4152a027f_kittysamvictoria.JPG.44552608fcfde6e65e22bfa7d7c70952.JPG

• Love 2

Ugh Victoria. I just want someone to really tell her like it is, she never gets honest critique because Kelli is protecting her. I am disappointed with Kelli, it’s just such blatant nepotism for them to not call out her dance issues and tell her to lose weight. If Kitty does not straight up call out Victoria about it next week, she is part of the issue too. I remember too many seasons of Kitty literally calling forth every TCC and veteran she thinks is heavy and telling them in front of the entire class or having Kelli tell them in her office. Victoria acts immature and unprofessional in her office visits, I really am starting to believe the rumors of her being told she was guaranteed a spot because she acts like it.

I am so confused about the Dayton cut because she has looked great in every footage I have seen of her lately. Her body is just looking amazing too. 

Brianna and Jaylyn looked great, I also enjoyed Hannah’s backstory. 

Tara looked bad at show group auditions, the one shot of Miranda from behind wasn’t too much better but at least she didn’t fall.

Gina and Kelli rocked it during the lyrical guy’s dance. I wish Kelli got more recognition for her dance abilities, she seems to be ignored a lot. 

Sorry but I thought Kashara’s body was amazing during all of the scenes, I think she has amazing toned curves. 

• Love 12

I love Denise.    And I love the look from Judy of suppressed glee when Denise said that, and the weak justifications from Kelli started.    I'm surprised Kelli had the guts to make excuses she knew weren't true, and how she ignored the jelly belly, and overall pudge VK has added to a not tiny figure.   

If VK does come back next year, I'm probably dumping this show, and it's a shame because I've enjoyed watching the tryouts all the way through for all of the years this has aired.    I loved the Throwback Thursday to the 2011 tryouts after last night.     

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I love Denise.    And I love the look from Judy of suppressed glee when Denise said that, and the weak justifications from Kelli started.    I'm surprised Kelli had the guts to make excuses she knew weren't true, and how she ignored the jelly belly, and overall pudge VK has added to a not tiny figure.   

If VK does come back next year, I'm probably dumping this show, and it's a shame because I've enjoyed watching the tryouts all the way through for all of the years this has aired.    I loved the Throwback Thursday to the 2011 tryouts after last night.     

Well said.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

Kitty lives in bizarro world.

What? You don't agree that Victoria has a HUGE dance career ahead? ;-) It seems that's the direction she plans to go in.

Admittedly, I don't know anything really about the professional dance world, but DCC seems like a strange place to start for someone who wants to go pro. Although it's regular work, in the sense that they get a paycheck every week during the season, it takes up practically all of your time, offers relatively few opportunities to actually perform, and severely restricts opportunities to pursue other dance and modeling gigs. I also wonder whether it helps or hinders to have it on your resume. It is something that will grab a potential employer's attention, but does it have credibility in the dance community? Particularly outside of Texas? I would love to know if it was helping Holly or if it helped Abigail.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

What? You don't agree that Victoria has a HUGE dance career ahead? ;-)

Admittedly, I don't know anything really about the professional dance world, but DCC seems like a strange place to start for someone who wants to go pro. Although it's regular work, in the sense that they get a paycheck every week during the season, it takes up practically all of your time, offers relatively few opportunities to actually perform, and severely restricts opportunities to pursue other dance and modeling gigs. I also wonder whether it helps or hinders to have it on your resume. It is something that will grab a potential employer's attention, but does it have credibility in the dance community? Particularly outside of Texas?

I was responding to Kitty's "beauty" comment. Has Kitty ever met Maggie, Alexis, Abigail K, and hundred of other truly beautiful DCCs .... Sorry but I'm not one to throw out that word like dog biscuits. Ruuuufff!

41 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I'm just going to leave this right here...

5b9c4152a027f_kittysamvictoria.JPG.44552608fcfde6e65e22bfa7d7c70952.JPG

Awww. Best in Show. Bless their hearts.

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 4

I know I keep harping on Victoria's dance skills (or lack thereof), but I doubt she'd be able to go pro and get enough jobs to make a decent living wage outside of Dallas.  There are just too many other dancers who are not only prettier then she is, but have the skills and the discipline to do it.  Many DCC have done on to other dance careers and I seem to remember hearing that many of them (including Jacie) had to brush up on other skills in order to get the job.  Victoria seems to be the type to show up and think that just being her "awesome" self would be enough to get her the job.  Imagine the tantrum she's throw if she didn't get said job, especially when she realizes TPTB don't care who's daughter she is or where she went to school (or at least to marvel at her lack of technique).

Kelli REALLY needs to get called out on the nepotism and favoritism.  She'll deny it like crazy, but there's absolute NO reason for all the excuses she's been giving Victoria.  Given Victoria's performance so far, I expected that from her, but I didn't expect Kelli to be doing it FOR her.  She's doing the girl NO favors in babying her along.

I also get the feeling that the show's being edited two different ways at the same time.  It's like Kelli goes through and edits the episodes the way she wants them, then someone comes along and makes the changes that CMT wanted.  That may be the disjointed feeling that people have been talking about, especially with this being the "Season of Victoria".  Whoever is following Kelli can't COMPLETELY edit out Victoria, but is certainly tweaking it enough to make her more of a spoiled, bratty princess then the best thing that ever happened to the DCC.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Jennv said:

Off topic, but I would kill to have Marshall do my hair, just so I could hang out with him for an hour 

He doesn't need to even touch my hair, I just want to bask in his presence.    Wait--Does that sound creepy?

Re Victoria it is clear that certain people have VK Goggles on all the time, which makes them not see how jarringly OFF she is from what viewers of this show have been told for a decade plus is the DCC ideal.   Goggles are sported by Kelli, Charlotte, and Kitty.   The goggles are not worn by Scott the Meteorologist, Denise, or Judy.    

Thinking of how Kelli has lectured over the years about how a DCC should have 'soft glamour' and a toned mid section blah blah and how girls with smiles half as gummy as VK were booted for it.  I want to see what made the goggles finally fall off it has to be epic.....

• Love 20
11 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I know I keep harping on Victoria's dance skills (or lack thereof), but I doubt she'd be able to go pro and get enough jobs to make a decent living wage outside of Dallas.  There are just too many other dancers who are not only prettier then she is, but have the skills and the discipline to do it.  Many DCC have done on to other dance careers and I seem to remember hearing that many of them (including Jacie) had to brush up on other skills in order to get the job.  Victoria seems to be the type to show up and think that just being her "awesome" self would be enough to get her the job.  Imagine the tantrum she's throw if she didn't get said job, especially when she realizes TPTB don't care who's daughter she is or where she went to school (or at least to marvel at her lack of technique).

Kelli REALLY needs to get called out on the nepotism and favoritism.  She'll deny it like crazy, but there's absolute NO reason for all the excuses she's been giving Victoria.  Given Victoria's performance so far, I expected that from her, but I didn't expect Kelli to be doing it FOR her.  She's doing the girl NO favors in babying her along.

I also get the feeling that the show's being edited two different ways at the same time.  It's like Kelli goes through and edits the episodes the way she wants them, then someone comes along and makes the changes that CMT wanted.  That may be the disjointed feeling that people have been talking about, especially with this being the "Season of Victoria".  Whoever is following Kelli can't COMPLETELY edit out Victoria, but is certainly tweaking it enough to make her more of a spoiled, bratty princess then the best thing that ever happened to the DCC.

@JohnGalt - Does Kelli have a say in episode edits?

• Love 1

I watched a couple of episodes of season 6 last night, and Kelli mentioned that the team would end up being from 36 to 40 girls. I did not remember that at all. I'm wondering when 36 became a 'hard' number for the team. 

VK....ugh! I''m trying not to dislike her, but the show group comment was just stupid, and I think others would've been chewed out for saying similar things. Angela got called out pretty harshly for being upset after she didn't make show group, and she was a group leader.... VK hasn't even made the team yet.

Are there any videos of the dance that Denise taught? It looked like a fun, sassy dance. 

Dayton has stepped it up lately, so it will be interesting to see the reasoning for her cut, which I assume comes next week. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Trixi said:

@JohnGalt do u know who the 38th wud have been after Malena? I just don’t get the fangirling from Kelli over her tho, in almost every clip last nite she was going in the wrong direction. It seems impossible to me and my untrained eye that she cud ever be game ready this year. 

weren't Malena and Lily the last two cuts? Victoria was third from last, I think... 

• Love 4

Amazon only just got the episode up so i haven't watched it yet but i watched those clips on cmt and lmaooo Neecie just made my fave list after Scott.  God bless her for speaking truth even when it's not well received.  Or maybe Judy slipped her a $20 to say that   JK   Judy might have been driven to insanity if both Malena and Vic had made the squad this year. 

• Love 23
7 minutes ago, MamaV said:

Do we think Kelli was caught off guard by Neecie’s VK comments or was it all scripted?

I think she was caught off guard.  Kelli seems to think that people should gush over Victoria like she does and when they don't, it surprises her.  Why it should, or does, I don't know, but that woman seems to have blinders on.  

• Love 14
6 hours ago, Trixi said:

http://www.cmt.com/video-clips/3xtxrz/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team-who-needs-more-time

Heres the clip with Denise. She’s now on the top of my fave tell it like it is peeps along with Scott the weatherman!  And then Kelli says that’s shes been just dynamite. Really? More like an explosion of immaturity. 

Kelli is freaking blind or living in complete denial. I love you Denise, and Judy’s reaction. ?

• Love 17
1 minute ago, Erinbridget said:

After VK's office visit in last nights episode, I'm really eager to see how Kelli carries out her cut. 

Kelli just sees her with blinders as others suggest. It’s understandable in a way, I’m sure I would be equally as blind. But her reaction to Denise was very telling as she made excuses for Victoria. 

If Victoria was better or wasnt so entitled or acted like she wasn’t guaranteed a spot, I would like her better. Her acting in the latest episode made it clear she doesn’t think she will get cut, Kelli had to repeat “I’m serious” to get her attention. 

I want to add, I’m only talking about what I see on the show and her bad dancing that Kelli and Charlotte can’t see. 

Im not commenting on who she is in real life. She seems like she could be fun to be around, like a goofy 18 year old. I’m commenting on her lack of professionalism, her poor dancing and her protection from Kelli. Anything with her mother is based on what they’ve shown on the show. 

• Love 17

I honestly don't know how anyone can judge any of these girls. We are shown snippets of dance and slow motion whooshes. We have no way of knowing how these girls look on the whole within their groups at training camp.  We can't make judgments without more evidence and I'm sorry 3 second glimpses don't count. 

Sure we can go to Instagram and look at their solos but even that does not give us insight for how they move with a team. When I look at VK as a solo dancer she has some beautiful moments . But she is also very large in her movement and I do wonder if they eventually cut her because she can't dance on the TEAM. She seems less aware of space when you watch her prep classes. But none of us can really say she's a terrible dancer. She's not.

And regarding the weight issue. There are MANY vets who look equally chunky right now. Even Dayton who is incredibly gorgeous has a rounder figure. I don't see VKs weight as a major sticking point comparatively.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I honestly don't know how anyone can judge any of these girls. We are shown snippets of dance and slow motion whooshes. We have no way of knowing how these girls look on the whole within their groups at training camp.  We can't make judgments without more evidence and I'm sorry 3 second glimpses don't count. 

Sure we can go to Instagram and look at their solos but even that does not give us insight for how they move with a team. When I look at VK as a solo dancer she has some beautiful moments . But she is also very large in her movement and I do wonder if they eventually cut her because she can't dance on the TEAM. She seems less aware of space when you watch her prep classes. But none of us can really say she's a terrible dancer. She's not.

And regarding the weight issue. There are MANY vets who look equally chunky right now. Even Dayton who is incredibly gorgeous has a rounder figure. I don't see VKs weight as a major sticking point comparatively.

She was cut mostly due to lying about seeing a Cowboys doctor after saying she was gaining weight caused by a thyroid disorder. There is a lot more to the real reason(s) why she was cut. No idea if it will come up, or Kelli, Charlotte and CMT will come up with other excuses to cut her.

Edited by bigskygirl