Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Kayce said:

Kind of how I am with Rachel and Molly :) 

I call Rachel and Molly "the clones." (I've been watching too much Orphan Black lately.) I think Rachel and Molly know they look alike. In group photos, they are often together. I think I saw a comment on a photo once where one of them joked about being the other's twin.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I think Kashara’s group looks amazing this year... Heather has become my favorite vet, Kashara has honestly the best bodyshape for this uniform (but this I guess is a matter of opinion... I just think it looks better on a curvier frame) and Erin should be Victoria’s role model. Like her or not, she was cut last year for being too fluid and she seemed like a lost case, but with only one year of prep classes she got to this! I’m sure with one year under her belt she will be great.

I agree.  Erin went from tripping and losing her balance to making the team this year!  Erin’s makeup is also much better.  After seeing Victoria falling out of her turns, she should not have been given a place in training camp.  Victoria needs to tone with weights and learn to balance herself better. 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, DancingBaptist said:

I call Rachel and Molly "the clones." (I've been watching too much Orphan Black lately.) I think Rachel and Molly know they look alike. In group photos, they are often together. I think I saw a comment on a photo once where one of them joked about being the other's twin.

I saw that remark as well! :) 

• Love 1

I have certainly gotten some of our famous "twins" confused, but Molly and Rachel have never been a problem for me.  Molly has those to-die for eyes and Rachel holds her mouth in a very unique way.  I think they are both gorgeous.  Now Lindsey and Kash.......

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

Victoria needs to tone with weights and learn to balance herself better. 

?

Weight training is essential. I wish I wouldn’t have waited so long to start weight training. She doesn’t need to be all ab-tastic like Lauren. But it’ll make a world of difference on keeping the chub off and strengthening her core. 

Oh well, next year. 

• Love 2

I wish the DCC would lighten up with weight issues and let the women put on some more weight 

Some of the cheerleaders looked almost anorexic on the Bimini shoot 

I think they send a bad message to young women in order to be successful you have to be almost anorexic 

I don’t think Simone looked terrible for having gained 14 pounds maybe a little toning but she should’ve still been on the squad 

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Disneydiva628 said:

She looks fine.

In the real world she does look fine, but in DCC Land, she is not. I feel bad for those girls. I do not understand why they would put themselves through the crap Judy and especially Kelli and Charlotte puts them through.

7 minutes ago, Hannahjulie said:

I don’t think Simone looked terrible for having gained 14 pounds maybe a little toning but she should’ve still been on the squad 

It was Selina.

IIRC, two years ago, an insider came through and said nearly the entire squad was on weight warning. That, to me, was just astonishing. What kind of restrictions do you have that the entire squad has to be on weight warning? 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, cgloss said:

It was Selina.

IIRC, two years ago, an insider came through and said nearly the entire squad was on weight warning. That, to me, was just astonishing. What kind of restrictions do you have that the entire squad has to be on weight warning? 

Their contract states that they have to maintain their audition weight.

4 hours ago, CheerGoddess said:

Hmm, that’s odd. From the context of the comment, I would’ve assumed it would be in reference to the Jenna/Erica situation. Wonder why it commented on this photo? Anyone have any insight? 

From what I remember, Holly & Maddie were pretty good friends & I'm pretty sure Holly helped Maddie out enough that she made the squad the following year.  After Holly got in trouble over fraternizing, you never really saw pictures of them together, so I guess the comment is saying that Maddie bailed on Holly when Holly could have used a friend.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Donna S said:

Their contract states that they have to maintain their audition weight.

I realize that. My point is: If your entire squad is on weight watch, then your weight requirements are too restrictive. 

• Love 16
10 minutes ago, ByTor said:

From what I remember, Holly & Maddie were pretty good friends & I'm pretty sure Holly helped Maddie out enough that she made the squad the following year.  After Holly got in trouble over fraternizing, you never really saw pictures of them together, so I guess the comment is saying that Maddie bailed on Holly when Holly could have used a friend.

This guy is very scary.

They “accepted Holly’s resignation” right after that office visit. Holly wasn’t THERE to take pics with anyone. I think that guy is a stalkery, mean person who has been relentless on other girls’ pages as well. He’s obsessed. 

Edited by Taralightner
Fixed the tone so it wasn’t so sharp and tried to remove any thought it was directed at @bytor
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Taralightner said:

But they “accepted Holly’s resignation” right after that office visit. Holly wasn’t THERE to take pics with anyone. I think that guy is a stalkery, mean person who has been relentless on other girls’ pages as well. He’s obsessed. 

I'm not saying what he said is accurate, just what I think his thought process was.  My opinion...I think Holly hung around with a clubbing crowd & Maddie just kept her distance.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, Taralightner said:

But they “accepted Holly’s resignation” right after that office visit. Holly wasn’t THERE to take pics with anyone. I think that guy is a stalkery, mean person who has been relentless on other girls’ pages as well. He’s obsessed. 

Pretty sure she’s referring to the drama with Holly before she actually resigned. I’m sure there had been drama long before Holly quit, and maybe Maddie distanced herself. 

• Love 3
Just now, ByTor said:

I'm not saying what he said is accurate, just what I think his thought process was.

Yeah-my comment wasn’t meant to be directed at you or so sharp. It’s my reaction to the creep who scares me. Sorry it came out that way. I should have started a new post instead of quoting yours. You know I ❤️ you. Sorry!!! 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Yeah-my comment wasn’t meant to be directed at you or so sharp. It’s my reaction to the creep who scares me. Sorry it came out that way. I should have started a new post instead of quoting yours. You know I ❤️ you. Sorry!!! 

LOL no worries, I took your comment to mean you thought the Janitor Jim guy was full of crap, not me (not that I can't be!), I was just clarifying that it was my opinion of what the creeper meant, regardless of his accuracy :)

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, cgloss said:

I realize that. My point is: If your entire squad is on weight watch, then your weight requirements are too restrictive. 

I mean, how does that even work?  If they don't lose the weight they bench the whole squad?  Yeah, that's when you know your restrictions are being a tad unrealistic.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, CowboysFanatic said:

Amy L. was the Gameday Girl for last night's game. Part of me felt that it should've been Lexie since it was her birthday, but I know that's not how it work.

Did she get it two games in a row? I thought I read that she was Game Day Girl the last game? I looked on the team’s FB page and can’t find a running “list.”  Not doubting you, just confused. 

Just now, Taralightner said:

Did she get it two games in a row? I thought I read that she was Game Day Girl the last game? I looked on the team’s FB page and can’t find a running “list.”  Not doubting you, just confused. 

I thought her post about being game day girl she said she was last game 

On 8/25/2018 at 11:18 AM, TUOwl84 said:

Does anyone else hate the cover photo they chose for the calendar this year?  I love Kelli, but I just don't think the photo is cover worthy.  Plus, they have the same shot on the front and back of the calendar.  kelli and Lacey are doing the same pose, where you see their behind with their face tilted back to the camera.  

Who got the cover? Where can I see it?

13 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

12 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I thought her post about being game day girl she said she was last game 

I just re-read the caption of her post and realized that I overlooked the part where she said that she was last week's Gameday Girl. My bad! ?

The Cowboys' social media team have been slacking for years now and really need to step it up. We used to get gameday videos on time, but now, they're posted days or weeks after games and certain events.

Edited by CowboysFanatic
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Right! I don’t get why they’re so obsessed with weight, as opposed to measurements anyway. Many women can fluctuate in terms of pounds on the scale but still look the same. Sure, if a girl’s uniform no longer fits, I get why that’s a problem, but if not, I don’t see the big deal. It’s not like they’re gymnasts or competitive cheerleaders who are being lifted into the air.

I really think the DCCs should’ve blocked that Janitor Jim guy by now, honestly. It seems like all he does is badger the girls about the Holly situation.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Right! I don’t get why they’re so obsessed with weight, as opposed to measurements anyway. Many women can fluctuate in terms of pounds on the scale but still look the same. Sure, if a girl’s uniform no longer fits, I get why that’s a problem, but if not, I don’t see the big deal. It’s not like they’re gymnasts or competitive cheerleaders who are being lifted into the air.

I really think the DCCs should’ve blocked that Janitor Jim guy by now, honestly. It seems like all he does is badger the girls about the Holly situation.

I thought Melissa R said they could stay within 5 pounds which is still hard during certain times.

The DCC needs to block this guy, and that other guy we've discussed.  There are several that, in their mind, probably feel they are being very complimentary, but come off as creepy.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

I thought Melissa R said they could stay within 5 pounds which is still hard during certain times.

The DCC needs to block this guy, and that other guy we've discussed.  There are several that, in their mind, probably feel they are being very complimentary, but come off as creepy.

Ok, having to stay within 5 pounds isn’t completely unreasonable IMO, as long it’s limited to one year. If for example, Jenna and Lacey are expected to be within 5 pounds of where they were at 18 in their 6th and 5th years on the team, then that’s different. I still hate that they weigh them in the evening though. That’s the worst time IMO.

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 5
On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:46 AM, RedDelicious said:

Mmm, you're not late because you got pulled over for speeding.  Typically you are speeding because you were late to begin with and then you get pulled over.  

Unless you're me. I'm just a speed demon in general.  :)

• Love 1

Bringing over @Tootie's post from the show thread:

They are in order by seniority & alphabetically:

Lacey (5 yrs)

Amy, KaShara (4 yrs)

Heather, Jessika, Kelli, Khalyn, Maddie, Tasha, Tess, Yuko (3 yrs)

Alexis, Christina, Gina, Lauren, Lexie, Miranda, Molly, Rachel, Savannah, Tara (2 yrs)

Hannah, Jalyn, Jasmine, Kristin, Lily, Lindsay, Madeline, Malena, Rachel, Taylor J, Taylor T, Victoria (rk cnd)

Alanna, Amber, Ashlee, Brennan, Briana, Bridget, Caroline, Cianna, Daphne, Dayton, Erin, Gabby (rk cnd)

I know we've talked about who could be point next year if Lacey and Kash retire, but I'm also curious about who would be the G1 leader. I can't imagine they would give it to Amy -- she's just not a strong enough dancer. Honestly, I think if Tasha was a stronger dancer, they'd love to give her point and G1 - she's right up their alley.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Maddie has such a round face, so she can’t hide it as well, but her waist looks really pudgy, too. 

Maybe she ought to back off all the Gatorade she says she drinks.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Lacey (5 yrs)

Amy, KaShara (4 yrs)

Alexis, Christina, Gina, Lauren, Lexie, Miranda, Molly, Rachel, Savannah, Tara (2 yrs)

Hannah, Jalyn, Jasmine, Kristin, Lily, Lindsay, Madeline, Malena, Rachel, Taylor J, Taylor T, Victoria (rk cnd)

Alanna, Amber, Ashlee, Brennan, Briana, Bridget, Caroline, Cianna, Daphne, Dayton, Erin, Gabby (rk cnd)

I know we've talked about who could be point next year if Lacey and Kash retire, but I'm also curious about who would be the G1 leader. I can't imagine they would give it to Amy -- she's just not a strong enough dancer. Honestly, I think if Tasha was a stronger dancer, they'd love to give her point and G1 - she's right up their alley.

Khalyn...idk. In terms of seniority and prior leadership experience, if Lacey, Kashara, and Amy all retire, Maddie would be next in like. I  just feel like the remaining group of 3 years is kind of lackluster. Khalyn and Tasha come closest to having the total package from that group, and I think it’s arguable as to whether either is a top 5 dancer on the team. I definitely don’t think Tasha is.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Khalyn...idk. In terms of seniority and prior leadership experience, if Lacey, Kashara, and Amy all retire, Maddie would be next in like. I  just feel like the remaining group of 3 years is kind of lackluster. Khalyn and Tasha come closest to having the total package from that group, and I think it’s arguable as to whether either is a top 5 dancer on the team. I definitely don’t think Tasha is.

I don't remember which thread I posted it in, but when Crystal was point in her 3rd year, Ashton and Evan were with her in the triangle, even though they were 2nd year vets at the time.  So, don't forget the rookies!

• Love 2

Gina is totally being groomed to move up to be point. I can easily see her being Group Leader next year. Maddie is in the triangle already but I don't know that I see her being point. I could totally see it being another Kash/Lacey situation again with Maddie as G1L and Gina as point. Honestly Gina has been killing it too, so unless she messes up this year I can totally see her getting it. Kahlyn I think has been said is an injury risk, which works against her. I don't see Tasha as being point but potentially in the triangle if she comes back.   I can't remember - has Heather said she is retiring?  

Edited by Txmomof2
My phone hates me
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Txmomof2 said:

Gina is totally being groomed to move up to be point. I can easily see her being Group Leader next year. Maddie is in the triangle already but I don't know that I see her being point. I could totally see it being another Kash/Lacey situation again with Maddie as G1L and Gina as point. Honestly Gina has been killing it too, so unless she messes up this year I can totally see her getting it. Kahlyn I think has been said is an injury risk, which works against her. I don't see Tasha as being point but potentially in the triangle if she comes back.   I can't remember - has Heather said she is retiring?  

I agree this seems most likely.

@scorpio1031 I forgot Ashton and Evan jumped to the triangle so soon. I admit, these rookies are really good, but I can't imagine any of them are so strong that they would beat out the current 2-year Show Group members.

Lacey might try to pull a Jenna and go for a 6th year in hopes of getting point, but I'm not sure it would work in her favor. I hope she doesn't try it.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, cgloss said:

I agree this seems most likely.

@scorpio1031 I forgot Ashton and Evan jumped to the triangle so soon. I admit, these rookies are really good, but I can't imagine any of them are so strong that they would beat out the current 2-year Show Group members.

Lacey might try to pull a Jenna and go for a 6th year in hopes of getting point, but I'm not sure it would work in her favor. I hope she doesn't try it.

At a certain point ...haha, you should just retire, let your body rest, move on with your life.  And it shouldn't be the reason why you want to come back for a 6th year.  

• Love 2

Cgloss 

Thanks for the correction. 

I wonder what RCl policies are regarding weight.  I would  Never let my daughter try out because it seems like the women must have to starve themselves to maintain an impossible weight. I would still be a fan even if they gained 10 pounds. Even Vk had a problem with weight. 

The shorts are really too small and remind me of a diaper. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

She's on WW for a reason. 

Quoting you for context - I think this leans towards some girls get wiggle room on WW and some do not.  She looks very boxy and thick to me, much different than she has appeared in the past.  I'm surprised they have her in the triangle.  Kashara is different IMO.  She's fit and toned.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, cgloss said:

Lacey (5 yrs)

Amy, KaShara (4 yrs)

I’m expecting Amy to retire too and half the third years as well (Yuko’s visa probably is up this year, Khalyn has been injured a lot, Heather seems to be on the doghouse, Tasha might want to focus on her family and if Maddie is still in ww for most of the season, she might want to retire while on top. Jessika should probably retire too but she will stay for 10 years just to spite us). I can’t even predict who’s going to be GL & 2GL considering the lack of vets, let alone point or triangle. These rookies are lucky-Jalyn might end up point if she works hard enough. 

Aaand for the unpopular opinion of the day, Gina shouldn’t be point. It’s the most photographed position so unless they just don’t include her face... I can’t see it. I’m not being mean but last season she was lookkng pissed off or bitchy most of the time and this year it looks like she’s stuck in a joker like smile. This isn’t her thing, even if she’s one of the strongest dancers.

And Lacey could absolutely go for a 6th year. She’s 23 and most of the rookies are her age so she could definitely do another year and Kelli might want to keep her if a lot of vets are retiring.

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Quoting you for context - I think this leans towards some girls get wiggle room on WW and some do not.  She looks very boxy and thick to me, much different than she has appeared in the past.  I'm surprised they have her in the triangle.  Kashara is different IMO.  She's fit and toned.  

Agreed. Maddie looks chunka munka this season and Kashara is curvy but toned. 

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I’m expecting Amy to retire too and half the third years as well (Yuko’s visa probably is up this year, Khalyn has been injured a lot, Heather seems to be on the doghouse, Tasha might want to focus on her family and if Maddie is still in ww for most of the season, she might want to retire while on top. Jessika should probably retire too but she will stay for 10 years just to spite us). I can’t even predict who’s going to be GL & 2GL considering the lack of vets, let alone point or triangle. These rookies are lucky-Jalyn might end up point if she works hard enough. 

Aaand for the unpopular opinion of the day, Gina shouldn’t be point. It’s the most photographed position so unless they just don’t include her face... I can’t see it. I’m not being mean but last season she was lookkng pissed off or bitchy most of the time and this year it looks like she’s stuck in a joker like smile. This isn’t her thing, even if she’s one of the strongest dancers.

And Lacey could absolutely go for a 6th year. She’s 23 and most of the rookies are her age so she could definitely do another year and Kelli might want to keep her if a lot of vets are retiring.

Yuko could always renew her visa if it is "up."