Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

7 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

Found this video of Jayln.  Looks like she has a few other uploaded on youtube.

that costume deserves another 'satan on a saltine!' but i do love her dancing.  she's so expressive but controlled.  

• Love 7

Let me preface this post by saying, I have always been Team Dayton and will continue to be Team Dayton.

- I'm beyond confused and scratching my head, how could you come into TC that unprepared. How would you not know the initial dance that DCC teaches. Wouldn't that be something she would have down pat. Wouldn't you be practicing this dance every signal day over the last 12 months leading up to this first day of TC. What am I missing here. Weren't Veterans or Alumni's working with her over the last year or two. Again not throwing shade at Dayton, I just don't understand how this was possible. 

Edited by McKinezeInFloMnd
  • Love 6

I would think that Dayton had applied to RC well before TC started, for her to be able to head to their tryouts so quickly after her cut. Maybe the possibility of that path was somewhere her mind the whole time she was involved in DCC so it affected her focus? Maybe RC was what she really wanted all along, with DCC the fallback?

If I were one of the Bramhalls I'd be throwing things at my TV screen as these episodes are aired. Yes, CMT can only show things that really happened, but the editing of Dayton versus VK is infuriating. And the sad part is that all the spoilers had me ready to loathe VK, but I think if Tina would just go away, & if the editing weren't so heavy-handed, she might be tolerable. Goofy, out-of-control, but she is only 18. Now that she's had some TC experience, & hopefully learned a hard lesson about honesty, maybe she'll come back more mature & likable. And Daddy Kalina - please ship Tina off somewhere from May through August of next year!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

There are pictures of Lauren in Bimini at the calendar shoot floating around on IG and some of the girls' IG pages. Read someplace she did not want to do the shoot due to her job. Kelli and Judy saw nothing wrong with it, so they took her along because she is an outstanding DCC on and off the field and bonding with the other girls.

What type of job does she have? 

43 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

that costume deserves another 'satan on a saltine!' but i do love her dancing.  she's so expressive but controlled.  

She dances very clean - pretty solid technique - I’d say her performance quality is lacking cause the dance has so much stuff right after another in it that she’s thinking about the next move more than performing the current in a lot of it.  I’d give it 3.5 stars out of 5 ;).  JMO.

11 minutes ago, Disneydiva628 said:

When the previewed showed that Dayton was late I was like isn’t that a no no in the handbook and wasn’t a girl late on a game day ?

You think Dayton would know. Bad interview the first time, late this time. Any excuses she has aren't going to hold up. 

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Disneydiva628 said:

When the previewed showed that Dayton was late I was like isn’t that a no no in the handbook and wasn’t a girl late on a game day ? A couple seasons ago.

Jordan...although she seemed like she was extremely late. They were already at the stadium when she finally made it. Definitely wasn’t a 5-10 mins late sort of thing.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Jordan...although she seemed like she was extremely late. They were already at the stadium when she finally made it. Definitely wasn’t a 5-10 mins late sort of thing.

Yeah she missed the team bus then had to get herself to the stadium, think game day traffic, and then someone had to go get her out front to get her down to the locker room.  How horrible having that happen on ur 1st game. I bet she was mortified making that fone call ?

• Love 7
2 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

I think her turn is coming next week per the previews.  However, being out of control and stumbling on your footwork on a new dance isn’t as bad as standing there looking completely clueless not even doing the choreography like some of the others (Dayton, Malena, Kristin) were doing, so I agree with the call ins.  Kristin probably should have been called in too - and maybe she was and they didn’t show it?  Don’t they do that sometimes?

Well for VK (and Dayton, but VK is the one being so vocal on social media about training for this for at least 2 years now) this is most definitely not a new dance. But I have yet to see her not being so spactic and out of control in any power pom type of choreo.

55 minutes ago, allirish47 said:

I would think that Dayton had applied to RC well before TC started, for her to be able to head to their tryouts so quickly after her cut. Maybe the possibility of that path was somewhere her mind the whole time she was involved in DCC so it affected her focus? Maybe RC was what she really wanted all along, with DCC the fallback?

If I were one of the Bramhalls I'd be throwing things at my TV screen as these episodes are aired. Yes, CMT can only show things that really happened, but the editing of Dayton versus VK is infuriating. And the sad part is that all the spoilers had me ready to loathe VK, but I think if Tina would just go away, & if the editing weren't so heavy-handed, she might be tolerable. Goofy, out-of-control, but she is only 18. Now that she's had some TC experience, & hopefully learned a hard lesson about honesty, maybe she'll come back more mature & likable. And Daddy Kalina - please ship Tina off somewhere from May through August of next year!

Yeah, no. Would they ever accept back anyone who was cut for lying and especially a mediocre dancer at that? Id they do take her back and especially just one year later- as she plans on reauditioning- they can’t fool anyone with their “you won’t make this team just because you’re somebody’s daughter” crap.

I was bummed that Kristin was cut, but based on tonight I’m actually surprised she lasted that long.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Trixi said:

Yeah she missed the team bus then had to get herself to the stadium, think game day traffic, and then someone had to go get her out front to get her down to the locker room.  How horrible having that happen on ur 1st game. I bet she was mortified making that fone call ?

Yeah, I cant even imagine how waking up and realizing that she overslept felt. Its such a terrible feeling even when you oversleep for small things, but for the first game with the DCCs who are militant about punctuality...yikes! 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, DCCme said:

I triple dog dare every one of us to say “Prune” in our next photo and post the results!

I have my “prune pic,” and it’s NOT cute, but I can’t figure out how to post it. I use my phone (iPhone 7), and I keep getting, “file too large..” when I try to upload it. If someone can help, I’m ok posting it. Nothing to hide here and happy to provide a laugh for Friday afternoon. 

7 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I wonder if social media girl Courtney chose the pictures to post on insta, if she did she should be fired.

I’m convinced that they published the smaller calendar by mistake. There is Kelli, kneeling, same shot as the cover, but everyone else inside small calendar is standing. I think BOTH the Kelli shot and the Savannah shots were placeholders while they were still in process of finding different pics of the same girls. Perhaps the new pics were chosen and the updated version wasn’t correctly saved, so they published the wrong version??? That’s the only thing that makes sense to me. 

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Trixi said:

I know.  Must have been just horrible.   Just mortifying.  I wonder if she had a good excuse for why she was late?

12 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I can’t believe she wouldn’t even let anyone criticize VK but won’t protect Dayton from this kind of exposure. Don’t even tell me there’s nothing she can do because we all know that some things are not even filmed or never shown on tv, so she could have done the same for Dayton.

COMPLETE SPECULATION: maybe one of the vets said that they heard that ONE of the legacies was bragging about having a guaranteed spot and Kelli pointed the finger at Dayton without being sure? It doesn’t make sense that she wouldn’t call V in and have the same “you’re not going to make the team because of your mother” conversation with both of them. We don’t see more than seconds of what really happens, but that statement has me confused. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, dcc.fan.always said:

Keyra posted this....ironic since she got the boot for being late multiple times....smh

D6DC51B6-B0F5-4444-B3C5-6A9066FA474C.jpeg

And, this is why she’s too immature to be an example for Rookies. (But, this post could be completely unrelated to the show...just to be fair.) 

• Love 8
16 hours ago, ShellyB said:

She took 20-30 hours a week for all of her teenage years, spent several weeks away at intensives every summer from the age of 12, honing her skills. This may not be her path, but she is talented or she would have never landed the RCL job. DCC is very different than studio/concert performance life. 

Shelly, I commend you for your high level of integrity. I can’t imagine how strong the temptation must have been to teach Dayton the signature dance prior to camp. It’s obvious to me (edits and all) that she wanted this and that you wanted this for her. Congrats for letting it unfold the “right” way... speaks volumes about who you both are. And, as a mom, it must have been SO FRUSTRATING that she was late to the makeover, but again, letting young adults to learn from mistakes only helps in the long run, no matter how hard it is to watch it. Big respect for you. 

• Love 22

During the scene in the last episode with Tara in Bimini, I really noticed her dark roots. Why would she go on a calendar shoot with roots like that? It just doesn’t look good with the rest of it being so blonde. For some reason, her face just looks different onscreen this year, slightly puffy or something but her body doesn’t look much bigger so it doesn’t really make sense. 

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

COMPLETE SPECULATION: maybe one of the vets said that they heard that ONE of the legacies was bragging about having a guaranteed spot and Kelli pointed the finger at Dayton without being sure? It doesn’t make sense that she wouldn’t call V in and have the same “you’re not going to make the team because of your mother” conversation with both of them. We don’t see more than seconds of what really happens, but that statement has me confused. 

If I remember correctly, I do remember someone on here saying Victoria told other girls she was told she had a spot on the team. I am sure Victoria got the same you are not going to make the team because I am your mother's friend spiel, but we probably have not seen it yet.

8 minutes ago, DancingBaptist said:

I’m not sure how to embed tweets, much less more than one of them. I thought this would interest the folks who aren’t active on the Twitter Machine.

46E2DE45-FA56-47F7-8737-7DCFB8C97819.jpeg

Wow!!!  There are no words I can think of . . . just wow!!

• Love 14
18 hours ago, Lunacat said:

VK looks like miss piggy in the previews for next week. 

Where is the preview of next week of her going to the office? I only saw the one on YouTube, but it was just of makeovers and Dayton being late  

11 hours ago, KeepitTiki said:

and it’s not disinterest it’s just understanding that not everyone can be “rah rah rah, omg I’m so happy” all the time. 

Ann Luxe was criticized by Charlotte for just the same.

Kelli is active on social media. I don’t follow that closely but I think she answers back mostly everyone.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, Erinbridget said:

Where is the preview of next week of her going to the office? I only saw the one on YouTube, but it was just of makeovers and Dayton being late  

It is after the salon clip, but I don’t watch it on YouTube, so it must not be there.  

2 hours ago, dcc.fan.always said:

Keyra posted this....ironic since she got the boot for being late multiple times....smh

I am constantly amazed that people feel the need to post stupidity/randomness like this on SM. I mean, what's the point?

4 hours ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

I'm confused on how Malena is the "Director of SMU Football Recruiting" at age 24. What am I missing? 

Oh Lordt, it's the nursing thing all over again. Any offended football recruiters in the house?

3 hours ago, allirish47 said:

I would think that Dayton had applied to RC well before TC started, for her to be able to head to their tryouts so quickly after her cut. Maybe the possibility of that path was somewhere her mind the whole time she was involved in DCC so it affected her focus? 

According to the RC website it's an open call. They don't do preregistration.

1 hour ago, MelissaB326 said:

During the scene in the last episode with Tara in Bimini, I really noticed her dark roots. Why would she go on a calendar shoot with roots like that? 

That style is popular right now.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, MelissaB326 said:

During the scene in the last episode with Tara in Bimini, I really noticed her dark roots. Why would she go on a calendar shoot with roots like that? It just doesn’t look good with the rest of it being so blonde. For some reason, her face just looks different onscreen this year, slightly puffy or something but her body doesn’t look much bigger so it doesn’t really make sense. 

Around me, dark roots are a style - like girls purposely go to a salon and have them leave out 2-3 inches of root and get their hair bleached so white that it is almost grey.  Some will even have the root dyed a specific color that is not quite as dark as their natural color but darker than the ends.   Maybe that’s the look Tara is going for...?

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Taralightner said:

Shelly, I commend you for your high level of integrity. I can’t imagine how strong the temptation must have been to teach Dayton the signature dance prior to camp. It’s obvious to me (edits and all) that she wanted this and that you wanted this for her. Congrats for letting it unfold the “right” way... speaks volumes about who you both are. And, as a mom, it must have been SO FRUSTRATING that she was late to the makeover, but again, letting young adults to learn from mistakes only helps in the long run, no matter how hard it is to watch it. Big respect for you. 

Wait, Shelly wasn't allowed to teach Dayton any of the DCC dances? Why? 

7 minutes ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

Basically, it’s giving someone an unfair advantage. I asked Shelly this, and she answered this in a thread quite a while ago - I’ll try to find it- but loosely she said that it wouldn’t be considered ok, as all TCC should enter at the same level of learning.

@ShellyB- I know I asked you this, and remember the sentiment, but not your exact quote. Can you help, please?  I think I specifically asked, “what would prevent a vet from pre-teaching someone that they are close to the dances?” 

Edited by Taralightner
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

She answered this in a thread quite a while ago - I’ll try to find it- but loosely she said that it wouldn’t be considered ok, as all TCC should enter at the same level of learning. @ShellyB- I know I asked you this, and remember the sentiment, but not your exact quote. Can you help, please? 

I remember saying something like what if the group leaders change the routine up like they did before, and the TCC comes in thinking they know it, and it's like surprise!!!

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Around me, dark roots are a style - like girls purposely go to a salon and have them leave out 2-3 inches of root and get their hair bleached so white that it is almost grey.  Some will even have the root dyed a specific color that is not quite as dark as their natural color but darker than the ends.   Maybe that’s the look Tara is going for...?

I thought she looked much better totally blonde. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

I'm confused on how Malena is the "Director of SMU Football Recruiting" at age 24. What am I missing? If I were an SMU Football fan, the last thing I would want is my director of recruiting to be a DCC. Where the heck is Malena going to have the time to promote and improve the SMU Football team if she has to be a DCC 24/7. Something seems off how she phrased her job..... Is she "THE" Director of SMU Football Recruiting, meaning she has the top job.........or is she "A" Director of SMU Football Recruiting, meaning she is one of many in this position??? Poor SMU Mustangs Football, it's been a rough handful of decades now. 

I think she said she is the Director of Recruiting Operations, which I take to mean a more administrative position.

• Love 10

Melissa R on another podcast:

When she was a DCC, the requirement was to have a full time job or be a full time student

The superficial stuff is paid for - teeth, hair, makeup, nails, etc

This year, the show will discuss weight - not so much for looks, but as a health concern

Another question about men on the DCC - still no mention of the guy who tried out.  She even says that soon you will see more guys try out, but still nothing

Yes ma'am not a requirement:)

Judy hates the stool

She can no longer do the kickline or jump split, and if done wrong can knock your knees out of their sockets.  For those wondering, "the goods" are protected by other body parts before they could even get injured

What happened to Alexandria and Kalyssa…….LOL!  She said that Kalyssa had other interests.  And having other interests was addressed this year at tryouts.

DCC success stories - Jacie, Abigail and Nicole for opening a business

She's done a lot of stuff this past week.  I've just found the two podcasts so far

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, KeepitTiki said:

It’s really unfair to Dayton that people are assuming she didn’t want this. Not everyone has the type of personality where they’re constantly screaming at the top of their lungs about what they want or doing backflips in excitement over an opportunity. Dayton prefers to move in silence and that doesn’t mean she wants it any less than anyone else. I totally get it because my personality is similar, and it’s not disinterest it’s just understanding that not everyone can be “rah rah rah, omg I’m so happy” all the time. 

She may be an introvert. I am. You’d be surprised at how many people who dance, sing, or other types of public activities are. I am very shy and reserved. 

I have just as much passion for things as my extroverted friends. I just don’t run around jumping and screaming all the time. Doesn’t mean I’m less excited. It’s just not ME. She could be the same way. 

• Love 8

You are absolutely right, and there is nothing wrong with having a more sedate personality. Dayton comes across as quiet and serious with a dry sense of humor. She keeps her emotions in check. Nothing wrong with that. At the opposite end of the scale you have Victoria with her over exuberant jumping and squealing. I think Victoria is obnoxious and comes across as childish. 

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, Jennv said:

You are absolutely right, and there is nothing wrong with having a more sedate personality. Dayton comes across as quiet and serious with a dry sense of humor. She keeps her emotions in check. Nothing wrong with that. At the opposite end of the scale you have Victoria with her over exuberant jumping and squealing. I think Victoria is obnoxious and comes across as childish. 

If their moms hadn't been friends, would Sam, Dayton, Haley and Victoria be friends?  I mean, they were forced together and developed a friendship from that, which is great.  The more friends, the better.  

I still think that Victoria needs to take time off from the DCC dream.  And if she has already burned her bridges with Kelli, then she needs to be told.  Unfortunately, I can see another storyline about her comeback in the works.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, allirish47 said:

I'm not sure whether this is the case or not, but I do wonder if she felt defeated before it even started. Obviously from our TV Screens we have seen a clear case of favoritism for VK over Dayton, but how much of that was present in the moment? If she was aware of it, I could see it affecting her negatively in TC. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Taralightner said:

Basically, it’s giving someone an unfair advantage. I asked Shelly this, and she answered this in a thread quite a while ago - I’ll try to find it- but loosely she said that it wouldn’t be considered ok, as all TCC should enter at the same level of learning.

@ShellyB- I know I asked you this, and remember the sentiment, but not your exact quote. Can you help, please?  I think I specifically asked, “what would prevent a vet from pre-teaching someone that they are close to the dances?” 

You can use the search feature to search for posts by username and keywords.

On 7/21/2018 at 12:56 PM, Taralightner said:

I often wonder about this a lot- there have been a good number of girls that are good friends with current DCC. I wonder why they don’t know at least the signature dance before camp. Also, they teach the entrance way late in camp. What would prevent a vet from teaching a TCC the entrance to give her a better chance? @ShellyB- is there a rule against this? Can a vet give a TCC a “leg up” by helping them with choreo before it’s taught in the studio? And, other than blocking issues, why is the field entrance taught so late in camp? Thanks in advance. 

On 7/22/2018 at 8:05 AM, ShellyB said:

I suppose they could. In the big picture of things, I think it’s just not kosher to give a “leg up”. But, there are videos all over the internet that candidates could learn from as well.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

If I remember correctly, I do remember someone on here saying Victoria told other girls she was told she had a spot on the team. I am sure Victoria got the same you are not going to make the team because I am your mother's friend spiel, but we probably have not seen it yet.

If Kelli didn't do this then she's a bigger idiot than I originally though. 

4 hours ago, DancingBaptist said:

I’m not sure how to embed tweets, much less more than one of them. I thought this would interest the folks who aren’t active on the Twitter Machine.

46E2DE45-FA56-47F7-8737-7DCFB8C97819.jpeg

No girl, no. I mean @tigerbully1 ain't wrong, but I would not have touched this tweet with a 10 foot pole. And just because she didn't make the team, doesn't mean you didn't show favoritism or nepotism. You did, own it or ignore the comments---either way, you screwed up your own image. 

6 hours ago, dcc.fan.always said:

D6DC51B6-B0F5-4444-B3C5-6A9066FA474C.jpeg

No matter what Keyra posts someone will always thinks it related back to the DCC. Maybe she has an come up but can't share the details. When I see this I don't see it as a "OoO I watched the show and someone was late..." I think, "She's gotten access to something she'd been working on." 

5 hours ago, MelissaB326 said:

The Kartrashians have been rocking the bleached look with dark roots and it's becoming a trend. And ugly one, but a trend. 

3 hours ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

They're not supposed to have an unfair advantage. BUT common sense would say YouTube and at least try to get the counts down. Anyone who had been in TC before already walked in with one, being prepared should be the norm. 

48 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

If their moms hadn't been friends, would Sam, Dayton, Haley and Victoria be friends?  I mean, they were forced together and developed a friendship from that, which is great.  The more friends, the better.  

I still think that Victoria needs to take time off from the DCC dream.  And if she has already burned her bridges with Kelli, then she needs to be told.  Unfortunately, I can see another storyline about her comeback in the works.

Probably not. 

25 minutes ago, Trixi said:

Kelli please don’t insult our intelligence. VK free-styled in quarters like a new-born giraffe, Scott nailed his critique and u and Charlotte shut him down. VK did a lyrical dance, which many beautiful dancers do in finals, and y’all cried! Really? I’ve never seen that and I’m pretty sure other dancers have performed more beautiful dances. Then on the unforgiving HD screen, VK fell out of her turn and u all oooh’d and made excuses for her, when in the past any other girl making a mistake is given a snarky face and or a snarky comment. And these are only 3 instances of glaring nepotism that are continually shown and it’s only ep 3!! I’m sorry to say this blatant display has backfired on y’all.  Losing the respect of some of ur staunchest fans and putting a beautiful 18yr old in an unwinnable position. And don’t get me started on how poorly u depicted the sweet and lovely Dayton. 

Preach girl, preach! 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Hummingbird24 said:

She may be an introvert. I am. You’d be surprised at how many people who dance, sing, or other types of public activities are. I am very shy and reserved. 

I have just as much passion for things as my extroverted friends. I just don’t run around jumping and screaming all the time. Doesn’t mean I’m less excited. It’s just not ME. She could be the same way. 

My friend once called me an “introverted extrovert” I assume that Dayton is the same. I enjoy hanging out with my friends or in other large group settings. However, it’s also really easy for me to retreat into myself in these large group gatherings. 

1 hour ago, Jennv said:

A dry sense of humor is the best sense of humor IMO haha. 

• Love 6