Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Taralightner said:

I remember her saying in her intro that her 26 bday was in 2 days. Not sure if this was the first year (when she was cut) or second year when she made it. So, she wasn’t older than 27, but I think she was 26. 

...and this is why I teach English and not math.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

She was 29 or 30 when she made the team. She was born in 80, I just can’t remember what year she made the team. We are exactly the same age, and I remember thinking it was so cool to have an “older” cheerleader on the squad.

Wasn’t Natalie Woods mid 30’s?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

Like it was said above, this is Lindsey and Lindsey did not make the team. That picture is Kash. 

That isn't Kashara.  Preview shows Kashara in a navy blue dress on the first night.  Plus, Lindsay may not have made the team but she made it to Training Camp and would be there for the first night meeting. 

Edited by ClosetDCCFan
1 hour ago, TeacherWoman said:

I don't know which season it was, but when Maddie first tried out her attractiveness was questioned.  I think they were talking about makeovers and Jay said, "But you can't change her face."  Ouch!

Yeah, that was rough. Maddie did have that black hair then that made her look like a teenager going for the gothic rock look. She looks much better now.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TeacherWoman said:

I don't know which season it was, but when Maddie first tried out her attractiveness was questioned.  I think they were talking about makeovers and Jay said, "But you can't change her face."  Ouch!

It was Neil who said that. It's always the ones who can't afford to speak.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

That isn't Kashara.  Preview shows Kashara in a navy blue dress on the first night.  Plus, Lindsay may not have made the team but she made it to Training Camp and would be there for the first night meeting. 

I didn't say it was Kash. I said that picture was Lindsey, the other picture in question was a DCC in uniform and that was Kash. 

I see the OP edited her post and took out the picture of Kash so it was probably confusing to see what I was referring to. 

Edited by Loves2Dance

Does anyone know where (and what they are doing) former DCC's Holly P, Ashley Pro, Breelen, and there was a tall blonde who came in with Breelan and I cannot remember her name.  She was cut before her 3rd year for weight gain.   Also, there was a brunette who was friends with Ashley Pro and Breelen who tried out a couple years and made it to training camp.  I also wonder about Vivian and Kendall.  I always like the underdogs.

2 hours ago, TeacherWoman said:

I think she is cute. Hubby does as well. Since the appeal of the DCC is supposed to be the male audience, many men prefer cute to beautiful. Perhaps, cute seems more approachable?

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, Warrior182 said:

Does anyone know where (and what they are doing) former DCC's Holly P, Ashley Pro, Breelen, and there was a tall blonde who came in with Breelan and I cannot remember her name.  She was cut before her 3rd year for weight gain.   Also, there was a brunette who was friends with Ashley Pro and Breelen who tried out a couple years and made it to training camp.  I also wonder about Vivian and Kendall.  I always like the underdogs.

Check under former dcc thread.

30 minutes ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

Nevermind..other poster was helping me with a question and confirmed a picture of Lindsay, and the original pic I had posted is indeed Kashara. 

5 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Unfortunately, what happened was only a year ago, so still a recent thing.  Best thing for her is to continue choregraphing routines for pro/college teams - even high school.  If coaching was what she wanted to do, start off as an assistant, prove herself and someday, be a head coach.  But honestly, she is a good choreographer/teacher and there are a lot of teams.  Nothing says she can't do that and continue modeling or working for Styling Stewardess.  There's more flexibility in that.

I'm still looking, but I know there is a picture out there with her hair in two separate ponytails and then lots of braids.   At least, I'm sure it's her:/

Even if this isn't it, it's worth a look:

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Warrior182 said:

Was the tall blonde Caila?  If so, she is in some MLM health deal.  Breelan just graduated from A&M.  Not sure about Ashley Pro.  Holly looks to be having success as a dancer in LA.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Christineelgene said:

Was the tall blonde Caila?  If so, she is in some MLM health deal.  Breelan just graduated from A&M.  Not sure about Ashley Pro.  Holly looks to be having success as a dancer in LA.  

I think Ashley Pro is doing that Styling Stewardess with Jenna, Mia and Holly A

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I didn't say it was Kash. I said that picture was Lindsey, the other picture in question was a DCC in uniform and that was Kash. 

I see the OP edited her post and took out the picture of Kash so it was probably confusing to see what I was referring to. 

Sorry, I was confused.  

I'm watching the live chat on facebook with Maddie and Christina. They brought up the Barbies.... The girls said the reason for getting a Barbie varies from girl to girl, and I guess Christina got hers for "persistence". LOL! *insert laugh-cry emoji*

• Love 18
15 minutes ago, Isolabella said:

I'm watching the live chat on facebook with Maddie and Christina. They brought up the Barbies.... The girls said the reason for getting a Barbie varies from girl to girl, and I guess Christina got hers for "persistence". LOL! *insert laugh-cry emoji*

That explains so much

• Love 12
43 minutes ago, Isolabella said:

I wonder what VK’s was for?

• Love 4

I guess I’m an underdog fan because I was really pulling for Christina and Kelsey to make the team. I’m glad that Kelsey retired on her own volition rather than coming back and being cut at auditions. I hope Christina is able to end her DCC career in the same way. 

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, MamaV said:

I guess I’m an underdog fan because I was really pulling for Christina and Kelsey to make the team. I’m glad that Kelsey retired on her own volition rather than coming back and being cut at auditions. I hope Christina is able to end her DCC career in the same way. 

Then she shud retire after this season cuz if another group of awesome dancers shows up next year she b the next Tara. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MamaV said:

Sharing the Christina and Kelsey love, here. 

• Love 16
3 hours ago, MamaV said:

Me too! Kelsey was a gorgeous DCC, and Christina is attractive, mature and well spoken.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, MamaV said:

You aren't alone. I really like Christina and Kelsey was gorgeous.

• Love 11
15 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

She was 29 or 30 when she made the team. She was born in 80, I just can’t remember what year she made the team. We are exactly the same age, and I remember thinking it was so cool to have an “older” cheerleader on the squad.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Youthful Exuberance.

I do believe if she gets her act together she will be a good DCC.   But then again, I was rooting for Gina and Christina last year.

I agree that she could be a good DCC if she gets it all together. She has the components of being a DCC. She just needs to get it all together. 

• Love 6
On 8/22/2018 at 12:44 AM, go4luca said:

Completely disagree.  I love that Maddie is different.  She has a beautiful heart and it shows.  Not everyone needs to be cookie cutter glam.  

I respect your opinion but I never mentioned cookie cutter glam. If the cheerleaders are focusing on girls that have a beautiful heart instead of a beautiful face, good for them. I’ve not seen that discussed much by the judges when picking the team. The emphasis the entire season is looks, even over dance in some cases like the beautiful girl that was cut because of a “thutt.”

Kelli says character matters but when did that save an ugly girl? 

If you watch the mess Maddie was her first season, it seems like she was brought on to be cut. I give her great credit in how much of an improvement she made in a year. I like her, but I wouldn’t put her so close to the front.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, rose711 said:

I respect your opinion but I never mentioned cookie cutter glam. If the cheerleaders are focusing on girls that have a beautiful heart instead of a beautiful face, good for them. I’ve not seen that discussed much by the judges when picking the team. The emphasis the entire season is looks, even over dance in some cases like the beautiful girl that was cut because of a “thutt.”

If you watch the mess Maddie was her first season, it seems like she was brought on to be cut. I give her great credit in how much of an improvement she made in a year. I like her, but I wouldn’t put her so close to the front.

I agree.and I think they"ve been so unfair to Jinelle. She was Jenna’s 2nd leader even though Jinelle was way more mature and ready to lead by example and she was being hidden up to her last year presumably because of her looks and then maddie jumps to GL and triangle her third year.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, rose711 said:

I completely get it and also respect your opinion.  It's the many various opinions of this board that keep this place so interesting. ;o)

I just happen to like the journey Maddie has taken and respect how far she has come both in her dancing and maturity.  I do think she will make a great leader.

1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

I think they"ve been so unfair to Jinelle. She was Jenna’s 2nd leader even though Jinelle was way more mature and ready to lead by example and she was being hidden up to her last year presumably because of her looks...

Very true.  I am so happy Jinelle finally received the recognition I felt she was due.  IMO, she will always remain one of their best overall ambassadors.  She comes off as a class act in every conceivable way.

Edited by go4luca
needed more coffee before posting
  • Love 20

Correct me if I am wrong considering auditions were months ago now. But wasnt there a Male that tried out this year?? 

They didnt even show him let alone make it known he was even there. He posted on his social media about it and everything. Could this be why 400 people weren't shown during Kellis talk? 

I could be overthinking it but it came to mind this morning. 

• Love 1

I think Maddie's problem her first time around was her nerves. She was nervous,  intimidated, emotional wreck and that affected her ability to perform. I think Kelli knew she had the talent to get the dances down and was trying to give her time to get her head in check and get it together. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Jennv said:

I think Maddie's problem her first time around was her nerves. She was nervous,  intimidated, emotional wreck and that affected her ability to perform. I think Kelli knew she had the talent to get the dances down and was trying to give her time to get her head in check and get it together. 

I agree that Madeline was under a ton of pressure her first time in Training Camp. A lot of attention was coming from her hometown and it was the first time she'd ever been out on her own before. And she was very young. I think she was concentrating so hard and was so worried about getting everything right that she let it shake her confidence (on top of her goth-like hair). The year she took to get herself together made a dramatic change that showed in terms of style, attitude and technique. I think Kelli and especially Kitty were pleased to see the results of that hard work.

She may not be a knockout in the looks department (and I know you did not say that, JennV). And I can understand why some people think she should not be in the triangle. But as I think Kelli has noted (in the case of Terri Lynn), there are always going to be guys that like the sporty, spunky look Maddie has. I'm glad she's on the team.

• Love 22
21 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

If you look at the 8th picture it looks like the vets are grouped in rows by how long they've been on the team. It is interesting, but also makes me feel a little bad for Lacey because she's sitting by herself lol

• Love 3

I agree that Gina should be in the triangle where Maddie is. Gina is killing it out there dancing, and while she does sometimes have Joker facials when she smiles hard, I find her facials overall less distracting than Maddie's.

LOL to Christina's "persistence" Barbie.

So excited for tonight's episode!

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

In photo #13 (Barbies), who is that between Gina and Dayton?

Other observations: I love Lindsey's dress (adore that sleeve length), Taylor is TALL, Erin looks more "DCC ready" than last year, Christina's jumpsuit hems remain a travesty.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

I agree that Madeline was under a ton of pressure her first time in Training Camp. A lot of attention was coming from her hometown and it was the first time she'd ever been out on her own before. And she was very young. I think she was concentrating so hard and was so worried about getting everything right that she let it shake her confidence (on top of her goth-like hair). The year she took to get herself together made a dramatic change that showed in terms of style, attitude and technique. I think Kelli and especially Kitty were pleased to see the results of that hard work.

She may not be a knockout in the looks department (and I know you did not say that, JennV). And I can understand why some people think she should not be in the triangle. But as I think Kelli has noted (in the case of Terri Lynn), there are always going to be guys that like the sporty, spunky look Maddie has. I'm glad she's on the team.

Honestly, I think they are all attractive enough for the triangle. Some of them are more "butterface" than others, but when you have the bodies these girls have it makes up for it. The only exception I would have had was Keyra. Those pictures posted up thread of her looked terrible. She just didn't look good in the shorts and boots

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I was looking at them going....wait, I've seen this one and that one in those dresses and haven't we already talked about the horrors of Christina's outfit?  Oh yeah (slaps forehead) that's what happens when you read the spoilers!  Some new/redundant thoughts....

1.  I will never get over Brenda's nasty comments re Kat's dress.  So every time I look at the girls dressed up, I get mad again.  They all look great!  However, these are not interview clothes or first day of work clothes in general.  Some are fine,  but a good percent scream clubbin'.

2. How did I miss Lacey's reflecto bikini top?  Oh my, as if my DH doesn't drool over her enough.  I better prepare some smelling salts for tonights episode!

3.  I can't wait!!!  I can't watch it until tomorrow night, so I will miss y'all tomorrow!

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, Anon17 said:

Correct me if I am wrong considering auditions were months ago now. But wasnt there a Male that tried out this year?? 

They didnt even show him let alone make it known he was even there. He posted on his social media about it and everything. Could this be why 400 people weren't shown during Kellis talk? 

I could be overthinking it but it came to mind this morning. 

Melissa R was making the publicity rounds this week in LA.  She appeared on a podcast, and the host asked her about the guys on the Saints and Ram's teams.  What would she think about a guy on the DCC?  She didn't say one word about the guy who tried out.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, doglover0814 said:

If you look at the 8th picture it looks like the vets are grouped in rows by how long they've been on the team. It is interesting, but also makes me feel a little bad for Lacey because she's sitting by herself lol

I wish they would have the girls sit in order of how they were ranked at finals. They did it in Season 4, and it was nice to see how the judges ranked the girls. Come on CMT work with us. If you did this way in an earlier season, you can do it again.

1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

Melissa R was making the publicity rounds this week in LA.  She appeared on a podcast, and the host asked her about the guys on the Saints and Ram's teams.  What would she think about a guy on the DCC?  She didn't say one word about the guy who tried out.

That doesn't surprise me at all. They're never going to add guys to the DCC lineup. At least not as long as the C/K/J triad are in place.

• Love 4

I agree that none of these girls are too unattractive to be in the triangle.  They are all gorgeous, just in different ways.  My 23yo son thinks Maddie is the cutest on the team (but he's warming up to tall Taylor, too).  I just still can't believe they cut Lindsey (I think, the Kash twin?).  Truly gorgeous.  I am sure we will see that she has no memory or awful kicks, but......

Dear Lindsey, Whatever was wrong, fix it dear.  Come back next year!!!  With Kash gone, you may make it and then make it all the way to point quickly! Love, your fan, Opine

• Love 18
On 8/21/2018 at 1:59 PM, ClosetDCCFan said:

Her hair is GREAT in this picture.  Why on earth would they not do this for cameos?!

Must I be the one to say it...LOL. I think Maddie is waaayyy prettier than Amy L. I know that beauty is subjective but just my honest opinion. Did anyone see the pics that AmyL posted of her wedding shower? WTH was going on with her hair?

Edited by DCCFAN71
  • Love 8