Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Take The Knee said:

I am a little distraught from people’s negative input on Molly’s photo appearance and dance skills. She is NOT sleeping with a football player, NOT taking nude photos, NOT an opportunist, and NOT a diva, nor would she ever be or do any of these things in a millions years. She a wholesome, fun loving, and laid back person who is a team player.

Can a good person catch a break? Geez.

I don't think sleeping with a football player or taking nude photos make you a bad person. Likewise, not doing those things doesn't make you a good person.

Similarly, I want every girl on this team to be an opportunist. This should be about opportunities. You're obviously not making any money. There needs to be some kind of reward. Whether it's job opportunities or local celebrity.

I don't care if these girls are nice or are a diva. The real reason I don't care is because I will never be in a position to really know what is true or not. I'm not having lunch with them or meeting them for drinks.

At the end of the day this is a dance team. If you can't keep up dance wise, have several seats. 

• Love 9

Im always sad when vets get cut but at the same time, i almost want a blood bath. There looks like there is an abundance of new talent this year. I feel evil..but it would be exciting to see half the team replaced. Lol. 

• Love 6
Just now, JayDKay said:

Im always sad when vets get cut but at the same time, i almost want a blood bath. There looks like there is an abundance of new talent this year. I feel evil..but it would be exciting to see half the team replaced. Lol. 

Blood bath ????

• Love 2

Seriously, how do those of you who wait & watch each year in real time, stand it?  I want to know if all the vets made it or not and who the new girls are.  Will the powers that be eventually post a TCC photo somewhere?  Does CMT allow that?

Wait.  Meredith, one of the judges posted this so maybe they're getting closer.  As my ballet teacher used to say "hope springs eternal!"

meredithnbc5_11_5_2018_18_47_3_453.jpg

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Seriously, how do those of you who wait & watch each year in real time, stand it?  I want to know if all the vets made it or not and who the new girls are.  Will the powers that be eventually post a TCC photo somewhere?  Does CMT allow that?

Lol...and it was easier to see which vets did not make the cut because their Twitter was immediately shut down.  Then for some reason last season, ( roll eyes) (they caught on to our little trick) they did not change the Twitters.  Lol

• Love 6
(edited)

I think this is a season of rebuilding. We’ve all talked about how this seasons team was lackluster - missing power, standouts, etc. and now many of the black girls are leaving .. Jenna, Robin and Cersten, who are also three GREAT showgroup members. 

If we want the team to be amazing again, I think the team needs a bloodbath - there’s no use in being loyal to vets if that means the team stays mediocre. I’d want the best 36 (or more) even if that means cutting more vets than we expect. I’d rather take the gamble of finding GREAT talent that can be developed over time than keeping a third year girl whose growth has plateaued and who isn’t a stand out. And I am glad there is more diversity in this round of finalists because I thought last season was really missing this. 

Edited by Stee
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, Jazzmom said:

Lol...and it was easier to see which vets did not make the cut because their Twitter was immediately shut down.  Then for some reason last season, ( roll eyes) (they caught on to our little trick) they did not change the Twitters.  Lol

Hmm. I thought they did last year..maybe I'm mistaken, but I think I recall some people being on "Twitter watch" and noticed when the cut girls' Twitters got changed

4 hours ago, Tootie said:

There's a picture of all the AAIAs on IG. (It's too big of a file for me to add from my phone...) but does Raegan's outfit look like Kathryn Dunn's from a few years ago?? (bright yellow top with yellow, pink, green skirt/shorts)

2 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

image8.png

Good eye!

5af64979ccc1d_2013DCCFinals_kathryn.jpeg.c127e6c20c88f69ac335c56ee560f9ae.jpeg

5af6498da1c15_2013DCCFinals_kathryn(3).jpeg.9a4b1bd82c274a028c31227850a7a617.jpeg

• Love 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Stee said:

I think this is a season of rebuilding. We’ve all talked about how this seasons team was lackluster - missing power, standouts, etc. and many of the African American girls are leaving .. Jenna, Robin and Carsten, who are also three GREAT showgroup girls. If we want the team to be amazing again, I think the team needs a bloodbath - there’s no use in being loyal to vets if that means the team stays mediocre. I want the best 36 (or more) even if that means cutting more vets than we expect. Id rather take the gamble of finding GREAT talent that can be developed than keeping a third year girl whose growth has plateaued. And I am glad there is more diversity in this round of finalists because I thought last season was really missing this. 

This. ALL DAY AND NIGHT.

All year folks have been bitching about how standout lite this squad was. After really watching the videos posted all season, I concur.

Let's cut the dead weight.

Edited by hypeman
Misspell
  • Love 8
Just now, LaurenBrook said:

Kat replied to a comment on IG that it was her outfit :) they are close friends so i'm not surprised.  

I'm actually surprised we don't see more sharing of outfits. Especially the outfits from prelims and semis. It's not like the vets will ever wear those again and they always seem to know plenty of the girls auditioning.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Shallan said:

That was me last year. This year I'm more relaxed. I guess I didn't get as attached to this year's rookies as I have in the past. I hope that changes this year.

That was me with Allie and Heather H. I was so sad last year :/ 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Next time someone thinks this forum is bad re: what we post, they need to spend some time reading FB, Twitter & IG comments.  Some are outright brutal.

that's prob part of why it's radio silence from a lot of the girls...i'd be staying off social media too.  nothing to kill your confidence like those comments. i'd just want to ignore it till the night was over. 

• Love 9
(edited)
2 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

that's prob part of why it's radio silence from a lot of the girls...i'd be staying off social media too.  nothing to kill your confidence like those comments. i'd just want to ignore it till the night was over. 

I'm right there with you.  I'd be radio silence all the way or make my account private.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Next time someone thinks this forum is bad re: what we post, they need to spend some time reading FB, Twitter & IG comments.  Some are outright brutal.

Hear, hear!!! I have seen comments made about the girls that would make a drunk sailor on leave blush.

Stephanie Ice angel director is waiting outside att stadium to see if her girls made it to training camp I love how supportive she is of her girls auditioning for the dcc 

Just now, MrsEVH said:

Where's Grace? Did she not make it to finals?

No 

• Love 8
(edited)

Marshall is werking it~ 

According to Jay Johnson's Instagram Story they officially wrapped deliberation taping 15 minutes ago! It should be soon

Grace's dancing has not improved enough to make DCC and she looks soft. 

marshallwerk.png

Edited by DFWBelle
add comments on Grace :(
  • Love 5

I wonder if they'll post a group picture of this year's TC class.  They didn't last year (or waited a long time to do so).  I don't see why they did that since a lot of stuff was already spoiled by many of the people involved.  If any of that made sense.  I must be getting loopy with anticipation.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, DFWBelle said:

Marshall is werking it~ 

According to Jay Johnson's Instagram Story they officially wrapped deliberation taping 15 minutes ago! It should be soon

If they've already finished filming then that means the girls already know, right? 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, bnn said:

If they've already finished filming then that means the girls already know, right? 

They've wrapped the deliberations portion, soon they'll take them back to floor where they did the solos and announce who is going to training camp. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, DFWBelle said:

They've wrapped the deliberations portion, soon they'll take them back to floor where they did the solos and announce who is going to training camp. 

Oops, missed the *deliberations* part of the taping lol thank you! 

• Love 1

What a long ass day for all the finalists. 

Now, way more than when watching the day this airs, I really feel for any vet who may get cut.  It's completely different watching it unfold in real time.  To begin the day on a high as a vet, go through all the hours of solos  and  field dancing to the loooonnnggg ass wait only to find out you're cut?  Plus having it all caught on film?  I know they realize what they signed up for (CMT MTT-wise) but damn, it's even more emotionally brutal when seeing it from this vantage point.  I'll never forget Raylee's exit last year. I get it much more now.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, DFWBelle said:

Combing through social media to pass the time. Here's Ashley and Lily from the University of Kentucky at solos with their coach Dawn. 

IMG-0622.PNG

That's so sweet that she cared to fly to Dallas just to support her dancers

• Love 7
(edited)
2 minutes ago, DFWBelle said:

Combing through social media to pass the time. Here's Ashley and Lily from the University of Kentucky at solos with their coach Dawn. 

IMG-0622.PNG

#9 is really cute. If her dancing is on par I hope she makes it. ETA. Not trying to say the other girl isn't cute. #9 already has the look. Imo.

Edited by Shallan
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Shallan said:

#9 is really cute. If her dancing is on par I hope she makes it. ETA. Not trying to say the other girl isn't cute. #9 already has the look. Imo.

Agree 100%. The coach, Dawn, also has pictures posted with Kashara and Bri. It looks like she knows several of the girls. Very nice of her to come down (and for them to let her in lol)

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Tootie said:

Screen shot from Bridget...  Corinn Childs on the left--from Oregon, with Maggie and Molly.

2018-05-11 (4).png

Ughhh... I really wish they'd put up the finalists photos...I already forgot who is who

9 minutes ago, bnn said:

5af6541f3ba9d_ScreenShot2018-05-11at9_40_04PM.thumb.png.c166ba9e6f395f696ddc758c68e48fc4.png

I didn't get to see any of her solo but I love this outfit!

I love this outfit too!!! I’m sure it looked like a compilation of counts right out of Sarah’s prostyle class. 

What's the time over there? I'm already over waiting and its only 1pm here in australia so i havent been waiting for anywhere as long as most of you! Should it be soon? 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, JayDKay said:

What's the time over there? I'm already over waiting and its only 1pm here in australia so i havent been waiting for anywhere as long as most of you! Should it be soon? 

9:55 PM, it could be anytime now. We're all pouring over social media waiting

• Love 2
1 hour ago, hypeman said:

I don't think sleeping with a football player or taking nude photos make you a bad person. Likewise, not doing those things doesn't make you a good person.

Similarly, I want every girl on this team to be an opportunist. This should be about opportunities. You're obviously not making any money. There needs to be some kind of reward. Whether it's job opportunities or local celebrity.

I don't care if these girls are nice or are a diva. The real reason I don't care is because I will never be in a position to really know what is true or not. I'm not having lunch with them or meeting them for drinks.

At the end of the day this is a dance team. If you can't keep up dance wise, have several seats. 

All I know is that Charlotte lives and breathes the DC brand. The girls sign up to present that image that has been cultivated. And from what I've seen, if a girl is not acting like a DC Ambassador, then they are OUT. And that's why they are an Elite dance group. DC demands the whole package talent, beauty, and virtue.

(edited)

If they aren’t going to share the results with the public (not that they have to, just being whiny) I wish they would live feed just the announcement part. They have to know we are going to watch the show regardless! I also want to see that part. They don’t have to show the Finals group audience (I really would start bawling the second I heard name 40 be called and people start crying and I totally don’t want to have any joy in that moment)—just face the feed to show the ones who made it to TC as they trot up to the front and mouth the words “thank you” to K&J. Is that too voyeuristic of me? They can’t lump into one episode!

I am so nervous for these young women and hope they all know they did their best and it’s either go or no-go. It’s JUST dancing but for many people, dancing is life. 

Edited by Cappuccinagina
  • Love 1

Hi everyone! First time poster! The main comment I want to make is LACEY FOR POINT! I really like Kashara so it is nothing against her, I just think Lacey is stunning and has improved in her power (expanding on her lyrical style). I loved Maddie's solo, and I am actually hopeful that no vets get cut (I know it most likely won't happen that way). I truly cannot imagine going through this process-the time, cost, energy, emotional exertion-bravo to everyone who participated in auditions!

• Love 10