Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: The Curse of the Pirate Bride / S07.E08: Engram Pattersky

I really enjoyed the last four episodes.  Is it really over?  The flash forward was cute.  How many siblings does Dan Bill have?   ? 

Would love for them to revisit the characters every so often.  Winston’s last prank was the best.

• Love 12

The only thing I wish hadn’t happened was the Russell part.. I didn’t like it.

Anytime we see Nicks bench bff I always smile because I’m always reminded me of the very first time they met and Nick just shouting at him “there’s something real weird about you pal!”

• Love 10
(edited)

I thought it was Danbill.  LOL.

I thought those were great episodes.  I was smiling a lot.

In episode 1, the limo driver made me laugh a lot.  Something like "(Calling after the group)  Blaze is the only one who gets to drive the limo!!!!!!!  ...... (To himself)  They told me, 'Blaze, you're gonna lose it'...... I said 'Nah.. it's too big!'"  And he was so cute, too.

Then in episode 2, Winston being so sexy in his bike cop costume that it made Jessica all into him.

Nick and Jess wedding song was "A Groovy Kind of Love", Phil Collins.  Also used before on this show, and also used on "Friends".

Cece and Winston's mess around song was "Ain't Nobody" by Chaka Khan.  One of my faaaaaaaaaaaaaaavourites.  What a choice.

33 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

The only thing I wish hadn’t happened was the Russell part.. I didn’t like it.

Anytime we see Nicks bench bff I always smile because I’m always reminded me of the very first time they met and Nick just shouting at him “there’s something real weird about you pal!”

Tran :)

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 7

Jess and Nick's wedding didn't feel as iconic as Schmidt and Cece's, but that's okay, the last bit was sweet in its own right. I wasn't totally feeling the wacky hijinks of the curse, but they brought it home well. Basically all starting with Russell's "I forgot who I'm dealing with" before driving them all to the hospital. 

The Finale was great, I would have liked more Aly, but I get why they kept it to core cast. A Winston pranks was a great way to close it out. 

Councilwoman Mayor(!) Fawn Moscato! 

• Love 8
(edited)

I really enjoyed that. I got a little choked up at the very end as the van was driving away and they were telling Winston that the prank was way too big. Ha. 

Lots of really good lines. Although I wasn't thrilled that the show came back, this really was a lovely way to send off the show. 

Loved the flash forward to them playing True American with their kids. Those kids will be SO weird and I love it and they will all have each other to be weird with as they grow up. 

I'll add the show had its issues during the run, with some very strong seasons and some not so strong seasons (Nick/Jess years). The 1st season was so enjoyable and it was a shame when they started to lose focus. This last season was a great way to tie it back to the show's strengths. I loved all of them, with Jess being my least favorite of the main crew. The rest of the cast really grew into their characters and it was delightful to watch. 

Edited by msani19
  • Love 10

I love how the one Flash Forward they did in this show- was of them all playing True American with their kids. I really liked that. I'll miss this show- it had its ups and downs. But I've enjoyed it. 

• Love 17
8 hours ago, msani19 said:

Loved the flash forward to them playing True American with their kids. Those kids will be SO weird and I love it and they will all have each other to be weird with as they grow up. 

So, so true.  There's nothing in the World like having fellow weirdos to be weird with.

6 hours ago, SiobhanJW said:

I'll miss this show- it had its ups and downs. But I've enjoyed it. 

Same here.  I'll always feel like New Girl peaked early, around the time that Jake Johnson seemed on the verge of mega-stardom, and then slowly began to fade away.

• Love 6

That was a nice sendoff, with an appropriately chaotic Nick/Jess wedding. I could have done without Russell, but otherwise it was fun, including Stoned Jess's plastic eyeball over her eye patch. And the flash forward to everyone living happily ever after with a big herd of kids was sweet.

New Girl's best seasons were the early ones, but I always enjoyed looking in on these crazy folks and I'll miss them. Thanks to all involved with the show for a lot of smiles.

• Love 5
(edited)

When Jess and Nick were getting married, I cried! :(  Jess's eye hahahha! Oh sure Jess. Take a hit.. The marijuana isn't that strong! ROFL! The second episode I thought that Jess was going to tell the group that she was pregnant!!! Rats. :( Wintson!!! That was an idiotic and stupid prank!! GROW THE HELL UP! UGH! What was the reason for the prank? Was he getting them back for some stupid reason? And DanBill? Seriously? And I just LOVE fat Schmidt!!!!!

Edited by sonyab
  • Love 3

I thought this was a really nice way to end the show. There were a lot of good one liners but Winston had most of them. When they were looking at that awful portrait of the 3 of them "Can we talk about the skin tones?" and after stretching in his uniform "Ahhh I tore my anus!". I also liked Nick trying to figure out a name for lotion "foot cream hand?" 

This show was always good with little moments. One that had me cracking up was Nick trying to get back on Schmidt's good side after the foot cream discovery by putting his arm around his shoulders. The way Schmidt shook it off and Nick's dejected face was hilarious.

I'll miss these guys. Good episodes or bad, the cast always had wonderful chemistry together.

• Love 13

These were actually two very good episodes. It reminded me of last season, which was mostly very weak until the last couple of episodes which were quite strong. I don't know what it is with these writers, it's like they just phone it in until the end of the season and they manage to pull off a couple of decent episodes. Whatever. It's over now, and it was a very nice send-off with a lot of nice nods to its own history (although I never really got the whole "True Americans" thing) - all the cameos by past characters. And Tran spoke!

I really enjoyed all the sight gags, like Nick saying as they were packing he ran out of tape and started using glue and there's a shot of boxes with glue dripping down the sides of them.

• Love 7
(edited)

Oh my feelings! I didnt realize until they started this last episode how much I was going to miss this show, and I think this last run has been really great. It was fun and had lots of call backs to the series, but also set up the gangs futures really well. 

We got one last game of True American, the greatest and more American of all games! And a flashback to the original classic Winston/CeCe mess around! And flashbacks to things we never saw happen! And the flashforward to the gang with their kids playing True American all together was so sweet. Those kids are going to have such a weird, great life with all these lovable weirdos. Older Ruth looks a lot like Cece from what we saw of her. And Winston and Ally are going to have a lot of kids apparently! 

The eviction actually being Winston going too big with a prank was a great way to close everything out. Plus some cameos from the supporting cast (including now Mayor Fawn Moscato!) was a nice way to get closure, while still focusing on the main characters. This show had its not so great seasons, but I always enjoyed coming back to the gang, the actors had such great chemistry, and I liked watching them grow into their characters and actually develop. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

In episode 1, the limo driver made me laugh a lot.  Something like "(Calling after the group)  Blaze is the only one who gets to drive the limo!!!!!!!  ...... (To himself)  They told me, 'Blaze, you're gonna lose it'...... I said 'Nah.. it's too big!'"  And he was so cute, too

This had me choking on the water I was drinking. Why was the limo guy so funny?

15 hours ago, msani19 said:

This was when my tears started. I just realized the gang isn't ending, they are growing. They will raise weird kids at the same time. Also looks like Nick and Jess went with one kid, which really makes sense for Nick's fears of having kids and ruining them. He just has to focus on one, and Jess gets a kid. Win/Win

6 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

I'll always feel like New Girl peaked early

Max got an Emmy or Golden Globe nomination for season one, I remember thinking it was too soon!

3 hours ago, Lola82 said:

I also liked Nick trying to figure out a name for lotion "foot cream hand?"

It seemed to me like the word he was looking for was "hand cream," but that's clearly too weird for Nick.

2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

all the cameos by past characters

Okay, this is where I had the problem. In the episode before, these were in her mail; but on this episode they were put under the door at times Jess knew Winston was in the loft. I suppose Jess didn't have to be there to know Winston was there, but how were they in the mail stack without anyone seeing them? I'm fanwanking to say Winston was there to set them face down in their stack of mail. 

16 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Winston and Ally are going to have a lot of kids apparently! 

Five! DanBill has 4 younger siblings. I want to know their names. I would kill for a commentary track on this episode.

• Love 6

Yeah I didn’t really get the prank part but I kind of like the fact that they moved out. Them still living in the loft would have felt off. 

I liked these episodes. I thought the Russell thing was off. I kind of wish we saw coach- I know he was in the cat episode but still.

Ill miss this show. And True American! 

• Love 2

Jake Johnson must have actually injured his hand somehow during the Pirate Bride episode. We never actually saw it happen, then there's a reference to it in the hospital when it's suddenly wrapped up. Then he still had it wrapped up in the last episode which was supposed to be a month later (whereas Jess's eye was healed). And in the flash-forward scenes with their kids, his left hand is hidden in every shot. I wonder what happened to it.

• Love 7

So glad they let Winston and CeCe have a first and last Mess Around!

The wedding hijinks/ugly eye patch/depressing hospital setting/Phil Collins (sorry but his voice makes me want to die) were not my favorite but I never rooted for Nick and Jess anyway so whatever. 

For some reason, Schmidt’s line about the Baby-Sitters Club hit my funny bone HARD. Easily in my top ten lines of the series. 

• Love 4

These wacky kids.

They went from rootless younger adults to now married, with kids.

They just tried too hard to keep up the quirkiness of the characters.

Like many other shows it stayed around a little too long.

It's weird that in a circle of 5 friends, 4 of them marry each other.  The fifth guy finds someone else.  They could have implied that this is how things would end up a couple of seasons ago and left it at that.

And now their kids will be lifetime friends as well -- one might say it's a little insular.

Certainly they showed the characters having other relationships but did they show them having sustained friendships with other people?  Or did living in that loft create so strong a bond?

(edited)
15 hours ago, BoogieBurns said:

Also looks like Nick and Jess went with one kid, which really makes sense for Nick's fears of having kids and ruining them. He just has to focus on one, and Jess gets a kid. Win/Win.

That little boy will probably always have a dog sibling, starting with Mario.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 5
(edited)
15 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

So glad they let Winston and CeCe have a first and last Mess Around!

The wedding hijinks/ugly eye patch/depressing hospital setting/Phil Collins (sorry but his voice makes me want to die) were not my favorite but I never rooted for Nick and Jess anyway so whatever. 

For some reason, Schmidt’s line about the Baby-Sitters Club hit my funny bone HARD. Easily in my top ten lines of the series. 

I agree, I lost it at the Babysitter’s Club line! Especially since I freaking loved those books and owned every one. 

I really loved it. I cried at the wedding and again during the flash-forward. During season 1 I loved this show so much i thought it would be the show that could match my love for “Friends.” I lost the love as the seasons went on and the show lost some of its charm, but I felt like it came back a bit and I was thrilled to have this mini season to wrap things up! 

Edited by srpturtle80
I hit submit too soon!
  • Love 2
On 5/16/2018 at 1:18 PM, meep.meep said:

JFK!

If they hadn't done that, I was going to track down the writers and subject them to a Winston prank.

The whole episode I'm thinking, they have to play True American. Of course they did not disappoint! Love seeing the sweat-suit and the goldfish hat again - I'm sure on addition viewings I will catch a few other things in the mix.

This is one of my favorite shows of all time. So sad to see it go, but loved the finale. Weird how knowing that fictional characters will have a sweet and happy fictional future can put a smile on one's face, lol!

Well done New Girl!

• Love 5

What a sweet send off. I enjoyed this last mini season. LOVED Winston in his bike cop uniform and Jess’s facial expressions- nicely done. The wedding was sweet. I was happy to see one last True American game, and how awesome it was to see a future clip of all the kids and parents having fun together.

But Tran leaning forward and saying ‘Drive’ had me seriously laughing.

I will miss this show. It was time for it to end, but I did enjoy the run.

• Love 5
On 5/16/2018 at 5:43 PM, iMonrey said:

Jake Johnson must have actually injured his hand somehow during the Pirate Bride episode. We never actually saw it happen, then there's a reference to it in the hospital when it's suddenly wrapped up. Then he still had it wrapped up in the last episode which was supposed to be a month later (whereas Jess's eye was healed). And in the flash-forward scenes with their kids, his left hand is hidden in every shot. I wonder what happened to it.

Jake gave an interview about that. He actually broke his hand filming the fight scene with Russell.

• Love 3