Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E17: One Ton Family: Part 1 LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

(edited)
41 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Where are you Aliya?  It's about to storm by me, too, and I'm hoping DirecTV doesn't poop out on me.

I'm in southeast Michigan.

I'm in southeast Iowa.  btw - 2 Michigan degrees here and a Michigander by marriage. Go Blue!

Edited by aliya
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, aliya said:

Why are they all sitting there listening to Dr Now with their arms folded and looking like they dare him to make them lose weight? What to these people think - they will have to change how they eat. That's it. Do they even look up "anesthesia and obesity" before they roll themselves toward Houston?

Dang - between this family and the tornado, I need a snack.

Hatch Chile cashews for me. Yum.

• Love 1

Why are they all sitting there listening to Dr Now with their arms folded Wand looking like they dare him to make them lose weight? What to these people think - they will have to change how they eat. That's it. Do they even look up "anesthesia and obesity" before they roll themselves toward Houston?

Dang - between this family and the tornado, I need a snack.

Arms folded across their chest is telling body language that they don't want to hear/not open to what he's saying.  I'm not holding out much hope for this trio.

• Love 13

I'm in southeast Iowa.  btw - 2 Michigan degrees here and a Michigander by marriage. Go Blue!

Michigan degree here, too!

• Love 3
Just now, aliya said:

I got my undergad from Michigan, and work in (and live near) Ann Arbor.  Go Blue indeed!!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, leFay said:

why does everyone visit Dr. Now in the middle of the night? It's always dark when people pull away...

I think they film after normal office hours, HIPPA rules and they'd have to get releases to be filmed by all those waiting.  I imagine some of his patients don't want to be seen on national TV.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, leFay said:

why does everyone visit Dr. Now in the middle of the night? It's always dark when people pull away...

I speculated a couple weeks(?) ago that it might be due to needing to get the camera crew and equipment in the waiting room, which I'm sure is a lot easier when there aren't other patients there, and also because I imagine most of his patients don't want to end up on TV, even blurred out, so it's just easier to do it after hours.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, CouchTater said:

I got my undergad from Michigan, and work in (and live near) Ann Arbor.  Go Blue indeed!!

Go Blue!  Wolverines in the house!!

• Love 4
(edited)

They’re going to stop for fast food before they even get out of the Houston city limits.

(btw, Wildcat/Badger here. Don’t hate me, all you Wolverines!)

Edited by Miracle Maxie
  • Love 9
Just now, CringeWatcher said:
5 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Waving your dripping wet, gasoline soaked drawers in the air like I just don't care............

At least we can pull ‘em up all by ourselves! 

Screw that. I'm calling the neighbor. I shoveled her driveway in February...she owes me!

Just now, CouchTater said:

My son and I went to A2 in September for the 200th anniversary of the university. I promised myself back in the 1970's that if I were still alive, I'd come back in 2017 - and I did. Aliya jr went to Michigan as well, and my late husband's relatives are there. We had a ball going around campus, looking at old haunts. I went to the new building my grad program is in and ran into a professor from 1997. We were both shocked. : )  I love A2 and UM and have done minority undergrad recruiting and recruiting for my grad program over the years. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Donut Bear said:

I like that she asked if they could eat the food they liked and still stay at 1200 calories. 

Well, they could, but not very much of it.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, zoemom said:

Clarence.....I had some hope for him only 5 lbs.

He only lost 5 lbs?  Stupid tornado warning again, just as he stepped on the scale.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, aliya said:

My son and I went to A2 in September for the 200th anniversary of the university. I promised myself back in the 1970's that if I were still alive, I'd come back in 2017 - and I did. Aliya jr went to Michigan as well, and my late husband's relatives are there. We had a ball going around campus, looking at old haunts. I went to the new building my grad program is in and ran into a professor from 1997. We were both shocked. : )  I love A2 and UM and have done minority undergrad recruiting and recruiting for my grad program over the years. 

Dare we speculate on the explanation for the apparent correlation between a UM degree and a love of My 600-lb Life?  :)

• Love 3
(edited)

Those two can’t wait to get in the car so they can get them some friiiiied chicken!

She wants to know if the taco shell is part of the calories. Are people really that stupid??

Edited by Kid
  • Love 12
Just now, LizzyB said:

Dare we speculate on the explanation for the apparent correlation between a UM degree and a love of My 600-lb Life?  :)

Hmmmmm....... we are in the Midwest, we grow 'em pretty healthy (and hefty according to Clarence) here.

• Love 1