Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 04/16/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

36 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

I believe the poster was asking, what does the current audience see when a pre-taped interview is airing in the middle of a live show? 

I assume the pre-taped interview is on the big screen while the hosts take a break. 

Ahhh! Well I imagine they just sit there and watch the interview which is probably on a monitor. During a taped segment on the local show I was at yesterday, that’s what we did.  One of the hosts practiced what her next segment was by reading the teleprompter; the other one came to us. But ours was more intimate. Who knows how this show would entertain the audience? I suspect the ladies chat amongst themselves? 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

The book hasn't been published yet, has it?

Yes it is available now.

Phoenix Digital Library:  I have the audiobook on hold and thought I beat the rush when I reserved it before it was available.  They have one copy. I'm 109 in line...and there are 282 of us.  For the "ebook," there are 482 people waiting and four copies.  EVERYONE will have read the book before me...unless I break down and buy a copy.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Phoenix Digital Library:  I have the audiobook on hold and thought I beat the rush when I reserved it before it was available.  They have one copy. I'm 109 in line...and there are 282 of us.  For the "ebook," there are 482 people waiting and four copies.  EVERYONE will have read the book before me...unless I break down and buy a copy.

I reserved a copy at my library before it was available and I'm picking it up tomorrow.  Now the reserve list is 325.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Nope. According to @Alexis2291, we'll be stuck with the Mooch.

giphy.gif

You're welcome.

As for what the studio audience sees during the taped interviews, I suspect they're in the audience, and it's being taped...so they see what we see? I mean the show is live normally, but it's still being taped.

Lol.  Exactly what I was thinking.  Thanks, I needed that.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I wonder what Giuliana looks like in person...she is SO skeletal and unattractive on television.   Am I the only one who doesn't appreciate anything about her and wonder how she's employed and (apparently) revered?  

I thought Guiliana looked better today than she usually does. Maybe she's gained a few ounces or her hair is more poufy. I've never seen what's so great about her. She does have the ability to talk nonstop though. Her appearance today was sponsored by the pharmaceutical company that must have a connection to breast cancer medication.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 3
On 4/16/2018 at 6:55 PM, Haleth said:

James Comey:. Graduate of William & Mary and Univ of Chicago law school. US Attorney and director of the FBI under 2 presidents. Long list of important cases, including prosecuting the Gambino crime family.

Meghan McCain:  BA in history from Columbia  (Ok, that surprised me.  I didn't know she went to an Ivy League school.)  Former Foxbot and View "pundit."

Yeah, Comey is scared to death.

Small point:  Meghan's BA is actually Art History, not History.  (Which is a relief to know since her knowledge of history is clearly lacking.)

On 4/17/2018 at 2:23 PM, Silver Raven said:

Did anybody on the East Coast have the email address to send tips on the threatener bleeped out by ABC?  Here in California, we did. I'm going to tweet Michael Avenatti to ask him if he knows why they bleeped him.  In case anybody else wonders, the email address is all over Twitter.  It's idthethug@gmail.com.

I wonder why Sunny was so reticent today.

No, the email address was not bleeped out here on the east coast.  Interesting that it was later on.  I wonder why.

On 4/17/2018 at 4:55 PM, ari333 said:

I thought Daniels came off as articulate and credible.

I agree.  I also noticed that Avenatti seemed to not have the hovering-attorney demeanor that we've all seen when a client needs his/her attorney close by to be sure they don't mess up.  She was very articulate, able to field questions, knew how much to say, where to draw a line, etc.  She said what needed to be said without becoming defensive or hostile, and she remained pleasant.  He seemed well-aware that she would be able to handle it all just fine.  I think it's a combination of an intelligent client and an attorney who prepared her well.  I agree that she's credible.  Absolutely.

• Love 20
14 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Points to whoever it was that guessed Meghan was only sticking around for the Comey interview before she disappeared.

MM announced this herself at the beginning of the Monday show, when the co-hosts discussed Senator McCain's weekend surgery.  MM blathered on that she expected to be pulled away from the show due to her father's illness/recovery/setbacks.  MM intends to be back on Monday.

Yesterday was such a good show. No WAY would we have gotten such a fun, reasonable, substantive discussion, with different opinions, respectful disagreements, while acknowledging each others' rights to their opinions, had Meghan been there.

I don't care about Rancic, so I didn't watch that interview.

Kudlow is an ASS.

I wonder if the reason the show didn't give Comey's books to the audience was because they didn't plan ahead and order them? Because the audience yesterday, got Dana's book. It's weird.

Comey's "up talk" doesn't bother me. I mean, he, and others who do the talk show day and prime time, say the same exact things; except on prime time, they get to add more stuff, because on this show, unless they're on for two segments, the entire show, not being "grrrrrrilllllled" by Meghan, they're only on for like five minutes.

This may be uncharitable and cynical of me, but I think Meghan cared more about getting her chance to go at Daniels and Comey, so decided to stay on the show through Wednesday, then go home to be with her parents. Even when she thanked Whoopi for asking how her dad was doing, she was so stiff and stilted in her response and thanks.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

This may be uncharitable of me, but I think Meghan cared more about getting her chance to go at Daniels and Comey, so decided to stay on the show through Wednesday, then go home to be with her parents. Even when she thanked Whoopi for asking how her dad was doing, she was so stiff and stilted in her response and thanks.

I thought the same thing.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

This may be uncharitable and cynical of me, but I think Meghan cared more about getting her chance to go at Daniels and Comey, so decided to stay on the show through Wednesday, then go home to be with her parents.

This was my exact thought when she announced that she’d be there Tuesday and Wednesday.

On another note, the Mooch is doing too much smoochin’ on the President’s behind right now like he always does and I’m about to change the channel. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

On another note, the Mooch is doing too much smoochin’ on the President’s behind right now like he always does and I’m about to change the channel. 

He wants his old job back. Yes, the one that lasted only 10 days and which he worked at before his "official" start date.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

He wants his old job back. Yes, the one that lasted only 10 days and which he worked at before his "official" start date.

I think he’s said that much before, which, even if he meant it in jest, he’s more than likely serious as hell. 

• Love 6

I am late to this topic but I will add this anyway.  I don't think any of them knew that Hoover died while still holding the position so didn't correct her.  I know I didn't.  I was raising kids back then and didn't keep close track of details like this.  It would have fallen into the 'I don't care' folder in my brain if I even registered on it at all.  .

Edited by Wings
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Wings said:

I am late to this topic but I will add this anyway.  I don't think any of them knew that Hoover died while still holding the position so didn't correct her.  I know I didn't.  I was raising kid back then and didn't keep close track of details like this.  It would have fallen into the 'I don't care' folder in my brain if I even registered on it at all.  .

"I wasn't alive then*" and I knew he died while still in office. 

*Meghan's excuse when trying to defend why she doesn't know history because she hadn't been born yet. Vietnam. Shame on Joy and Sunny for not knowing, if that's why they didn't correct Meghan. Unless they didn't correct her on purpose, so she'd look the ignorant fool she is.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

No Scaramucci Trump doesn't embellish.  He lies.

Right. I am tired of the damn euphemisms.  tRump is a LIAR. It is not a "style" of communication GACK. Sunny was all, he's "bending the truth.."

Is there no other person besides Mooch to co host?

Rory barely got to speak.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

*Meghan's excuse when trying to defend why she doesn't know history because she hadn't been born yet. Vietnam. Shame on Joy and Sunny for not knowing, if that's why they didn't correct Meghan. Unless they didn't correct her on purpose, so she'd look the ignorant fool she is.

When I post something anywhere I make sure that what I'm saying is accurate or at the very least won't make me look stupid.  If I was a talk show host and was trying to "fillet" a guest I would make sure what I was saying wasn't something that could fillet me.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

No Scaramucci Trump doesn't embellish.  He lies.

I will skip today reading this one comment.  Embellish.  Jesus. 

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

There was no excuse for her not knowing, of course.  If the others did, that means they are giving her enough rope to hang herself.  I approve.  :>

Edited by Wings
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, Wings said:

I will skip today reading this one comment.  Embellish.  Jesus. 

It's even worse that that.  He tried to present it as Trump has his own way of presenting his ideas/thoughts.  Pretty much said his base understands him so it's all good.  Joy or Sunny I don't remember which said he is supposed to be President to all Americans and not just his base.

• Love 13

With respect to "uptalk" ... many moons ago when I was taking "communication" courses to help me relate to people I was supervising, the "uptalk" method of making a statement was deemed as more "asking" than "telling", therefore easier to hear.  It was giving the employee the impression that they could respond to what sounded like a question, as opposed to being told.

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

It's even worse that that.  He tried to present it as Trump has his own way of presenting his ideas/thoughts.  Pretty much said his base understands him so it's all good.  Joy or Sunny I don't remember which said he is supposed to be President to all Americans and not just his base.

So basically the SAME conversation from his other appearance last month. PASS.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Does anyone know what the studio audience sees when we are watching a pre-taped interview, like today's?

I was there a couple months ago and while we didn't have a pre taped interview, I imagine it would be on plentiful monitors around the studio. and I would also imagine that the gals either 1) left set; or 2), pulled out their phones and checked whatever they all check (which is ironic that if the audience pulls out their phones even in a commercial break, we will be asked to leave, but the gals are allowed to use their phones.  but I digress.  LOL  (still bitter and its three months later...yikes, to the day too).

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

She would have gotten offended, if they had corrected her.  

I don't think the panel cares, except, for Whoopie, if she looks like an ignorant fool.   

• Love 7

He wants his old job back.

Maybe he can get it.  Each time those who profess LOVE for President Trump on national television get little gold stars by their namesGoldStarHearts.jpg.e1569d962b5452d09516e6ae394fb0b9.jpg in his Big Black Book of Friends and Enemies.  Enough gold stars, all is forgiven and they earn a cabinet appointment!

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, pachebo said:

Giulianna "Rancid"... just YUCK. I had to choke on that "I cut back on my 'career' to spend more time with my son" crap, How original!!

I agree - what does she want a medal for what millions and millions of women do everyday?  

• Love 7

Should we get together and write a new song for the view?  Here's the title, "I Wasn't Born Yet," and we could list all the things that happened after 1942, the year our oldest panelist was born.   Endless possibilities.   

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I agree - what does she want a medal for what millions and millions of women do everyday?  

And lucky for her she is in the position that allows her do that.

23 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I wasn't alive then*" and I knew he died while still in office. 

She would have gotten offended, if they had corrected her.  

She tried that "I wasn't alive" line on Paul Begala on Bill Maher's show and he wasn't having it. 

At some point you would think Meghan would learn to do a little bit of research.  Especially if you have a guest on you hope to "fillet".  As it is now she keeps trying to nail guests she thinks are hurting her tribe and keeps embarrassing herself.

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, pachebo said:

Giulianna "Rancid"... just YUCK. I had to choke on that "I cut back on my 'career' to spend more time with my son" crap, How original!!

That is not true at all.  They had a reality show at one time.   Bill wanted to live in Chicago (his business is there) and never LA because he hates it.   She had a good job she loved with E! and wanted to stay.  It was a big deal in their relationship.  She moved to Chicago and did some segments on E! News from there and flew to LA for Fashion Police.  She was phased out on E! News and FP tanked.    

No way was it her choice, she wanted to live in LA and be a working mom.  Circumstances forced her to be a stay at home mom.  

• Love 11

Apparently I'm WAY off base to think Giuliana is not beautifulGiuliana.jpg.06daa44ead91c852612f35d9460f8231.jpg (sorry, Giuliana, Zendaya made me say it). 

I just read this: Rancic was ranked #93 on the Maxim Hot 100 Women of 2004. She was also featured in People magazine's 100 Most Beautiful of 2006 issue.   

My mistake.

54 minutes ago, ari333 said:

Right. I am tired of the damn euphemisms.  tRump is a LIAR. It is not a "style" of communication GACK. Sunny was all, he's "bending the truth.."

Is there no other person besides Mooch to co host?

It was fun to watch the Mooch squirm during the first segment. It's like it's the ultimate sin to call someone a liar. You can say stretch the truth , embellish the truth , exaggerate or some other distortion but not that exact word. It always gets me when on the political shows a Trump fan will be asked " Is he lying ?" , they will say every word in the book except lie. Maybe it's too complicated a question for them.

• Love 11

Shame on Joy and Sunny for not knowing, if that's why they didn't correct Meghan.

Sorry to monopolize this forum this morning (it's 10:30am), but I'd bet they've been given a "hands off John's daughter as much as possible" talking to.  Maybe they were promised that she won't be there long.  Some day, though, one of them just might blow up!  Split screen?  If only!

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Tanichka said:

She DOES dress smartly & being well-dressed hides a multitude of sins.

While on national TV shows, she has access (for some reason) to top designers (more than most it seems) and does wear fabulous clothing, jewelry, and accessories--and most of the time her hair looks fine.  She has that skeletal body designers favor.  She also has great personal fashion style.  If I could hear her described as "doing the best with what she has," I might appreciate her.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I'm not a fan of Amy Schumer.  I find her a mediocre comedienne at best.  And I can't put my finger on it but there is something about her that just rubs me the wrong way.

Same here.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

No. But she could be a role model to many "famous" women or men for that matter. Most celebrities do not spend much time with their families. They just let a nanny raise their kids. Kudo to her for going against all that. This conversation may have made Sunny and Sarah uncomfortable because of their career choices, but perhaps cohosting The View is only a part time job. I don't really know.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Nothing but love to Joy for saying Matt Lauer and the other predators can work at McDonald's if they need to make a living, not in positions making millions and wielding power.

I agree with Joy while Louie CK could have a career in comedy again there is no way Matt Lauer is ever in front of camera again and most certainly not as an anchor.   He was someone people were supposed to be able to trust to tell them the truth and he has been exposed as a liar and much worse. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Wings said:

That is not true at all.  They had a reality show at one time.   Bill wanted to live in Chicago (his business is there) and never LA because he hates it.   She had a good job she loved with E! and wanted to stay.  It was a big deal in their relationship.  She moved to Chicago and did some segments on E! News from there and flew to LA for Fashion Police.  She was phased out on E! News and FP tanked.    

No way was it her choice, she wanted to live in LA and be a working mom.  Circumstances forced her to be a stay at home mom.  

I agree!!!  Such a spin!!! She promised God that she would do anything for this baby. ...and it took 5 FUCKING YEARS before she "decides" to stay home.  

Right. 

Go away Giuliana, and get paid for your cancer story and endorsement. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

I'm not a fan of Amy Schumer.  I find her a mediocre comedienne at best.  And I can't put my finger on it but there is something about her that just rubs me the wrong way.

She has a rangey wit that says look at me!  She is no John Cleese, George Carlin or Louie Anderson.  I prefer dry humor.   I don't like Tracy Morgan either.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Wings said:

I am late to this topic but I will add this anyway.  I don't think any of them knew that Hoover died while still holding the position so didn't correct her.  I know I didn't.  I was raising kid back then and didn't keep close track of details like this.  It would have fallen into the 'I don't care' folder in my brain if I even registered on it at all.  .

I personally don't take issue with any of the other women not knowing (if that's the case) or anyone else for that matter because they aren't the ones that referenced the guy. I didn't know until I googled because I was curious to why the women were laughing at the table.  Meghan referenced Hoover in an attempt to shame Comey for his choices and suggest that the exemplary Hoover would be so disappointed in him. She should know Hoover's history before making such a statement, and if she didn't, then she deserves to be roasted for it because that is a poor use of her platform when she makes remarks that are so off the mark from being accurate or honest. Either her interpretation is really distorted because of her 'tribalism' or she had a discussion with someone about Comey and they probably said it and she ran with it because she wanted to try and embarrass Comey. Can she really be that stupid not to do her homework first? Meh, probably.

Late on yesterday's discussion but I really do enjoy Ana. She's fair and I love her feisty nature.

• Love 16