Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

I doubt very much she's Emily, but it's still what I'd do to salvage the character(s). I do think it's gross that she went after Jake Doe, but I figure she's amnesiac and didn't know, and she didn't bed him so that was enough for other people when we brought this up last year!

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1

Magazine spoilers

Morgan

2-16 makes a decision he may regret

2-17 called out by Sonny

2-18 hears sowmthing he shouldn't.

2-22 wrong place, wrong time on purpose

2-25 hits all time low

2-15 Nik gets closer to figuring out Hayden's past.

2-16 Anna is pushed into a new world

2-17 Paul figures out what's happening and makes a confession on 2-18

2-19 Lulus in danger

2-23 lulu over her head

2-25 Ava fears the worst

2-26 Nathan tells something to Maxie that shocks her

2-16 Sonnys relationship with someone changes drastically

2-24 chaos breaks out, Carly discovers something shocking, has to break bad news to someone

2-26 Carly is pushed to the edge.

That maybe works for the first one, but Lulu "gets in over her head" doesn't really apply to getting accidentally shot.

Oh geez, maybe Stavs, the go-to source Lulu's in danger "shenanigans", will show up alive AGAIN at Helena's will reading.  

• Love 1

That maybe works for the first one, but Lulu "gets in over her head" doesn't really apply to getting accidentally shot.

Oh geez, maybe Stavs, the go-to source Lulu's in danger "shenanigans", will show up alive AGAIN at Helena's will reading.  

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

• Love 6

Ooh, ooh, OOOH! I forgot, Emme said that she had filmed some "stunts" recently, and she said they would be airing in about a month (now three weeks). Source on this is that she told me to my face when I met her last Saturday in NY. Loved her.

• Love 5

Sonny's relationship with someone changes drastically? Chaos breaks out, Carly discovers something shocking, has to break bad news? Carly is pushed to the edge? Around the exact time Morgan hits an all time low?

I'll call Carly finds out Sonny can walk, gets in a fight with him, somehow it'll come out that she switched the paternity on Avery. Avery is actually Morgan's. Morgan accidentally shoots Sonny in a manic haze, putting him in his chair again. That's why Sonny has a doctor. If he'd be walking magically, he wouldn't get a doctor. Morgan's all time low is learning his parents lied to him, he lost Avery, and he shot his father. He gets hospitalized because of this. Carly will probably get grandparents' rights to Avery.

I feel like there's a Morgan can't get it up joke here.  Quick!  Someone get jsbt!!

Too easy.

You guys missed the expanded spoiler for 2-16: "Morgan opens a social media account"

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6

Why would Susan Hornsby need to seduce Jake Doe for money?

Why would Susan Hornsby need to seduce Jake Doe for money?

Honestly, why would any character in the history of soaps ever need to con someone or seduce someone or kill someone for money, when they could just get a job? Or two jobs?  Speaking as someone who has had three part time jobs at one point to pay the bills while attending college at the same time, I just laugh and laugh at the whitewashing some of these characters get. It's all about plot points, and making us have sympathy for the con man or woman, and it always has been.

I mean, I liked Danny, but when they had to shoehorn him in as a reason for Sam's cons, my eyes just about rolled out of my head.

But, I digress. IF Hayden is Susan, I actually think I can fanwank this: her father is a mobster and she's a target. She can't necessarily just get a legitimate job as herself, because she's hiding from her father's enemies. The less she is seen, the better. Besides, blackmail/seduction for hire tends to pay a lot of cash, really fast, and she needed it to finish paying off the doctor who changed her face(Tracy already remarked she'd changed her looks). Or perhaps, she isn't hiding from her father's enemies, but rather, from her father. Either way, it means a lot of time on the run from place to place, which makes holding down a regular job hard, if not impossible.  It isn't as if she is stupid or lazy-Tracy mentioned she once worked on Wall Street. She would have already been gone from PC if not for Tracy's blackmail. She is in a lifestyle that needs a lot of cash, fast. She was a perfect target for Ric's scheme.

Edited by IWantCandy71

I'm wondering if "Carly breaking the bad news to someone" and "morgan hitting an all time low" are about Avery's paternity. I think at the time of the original test, there was some speculation here that Carly messed with the results to save Morgan from Ava.

If it turns out that Avery is Morgan's, and Carly knew, that means she kept quiet through the whole custody battle between Michael and Sonny, as well as Ava winning custody from Sonny.

If that's the case, I see some flung barware in her future. 

Edited by sacrebleu
  • Love 2

In other news, I read we're not gonna see Professor Parker again until the end of March or early April so nice to know that storyline's getting the same (non-)pacing as Lucas and Brad. #eyeroll

By the time Parker appears on screen again I'm probably not going to remember who she is.

• Love 5

In other news, I read we're not gonna see Professor Parker again until the end of March or early April so nice to know that storyline's getting the same (non-)pacing as Lucas and Brad. #eyeroll

This is amazing to me. So you make a story for Kristina/Lexi but put it on the shelf for almost two months? I can't imagine the lost and forgotten plots on the GH writers room floor. Joss's kidney? Who cares! (Just use Helena!) Rosalie? Who? Brad and his mob family? Ummm maybe we will get back to that in 6 months. So crazy.

• Love 5

That's incredible that they're dropping it for that long, and clearly that's about Frank's budget-conscious block taping. I watched those scenes and thought both Ainsworth and Ashley Jones did good work - it came off to me like Kristina was still trying to come on to her, which is a dangerous chemistry to play with with an actress who still looks so young. It was compelling. And it's clearly too incendiary an idea for GH to handle, so I'm sure whatever they end up doing will be weak tea like all of Jean Passanante's barely-there gay storylines.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5

I may be a table of one but I'm glad to never see the Kristina/Parker story. The age difference was bothersome to me b/c Kristina looks 12. Also like the breastfeeding story is this really such a shocker in this day and age that she might be gay or bi. Especially given her parents and all they've dealt with. This hitting us over the head with this Parker and GUY thing was tedious for me.

I may be a table of one but I'm glad to never see the Kristina/Parker story. The age difference was bothersome to me b/c Kristina looks 12.

I'm annoyed that the LGBT characters continue to get marginalized. I'm guessing Kristina will join Brad and Felix in the closet at the conclusion of this story, only to be brought out every so often like Lucas is.

Also like the breastfeeding story is this really such a shocker in this day and age that she might be gay or bi. Especially given her parents and all they've dealt with. This hitting us over the head with this Parker and GUY thing was tedious for me.

People still deal with it; it's not easy for some, even today (unfortunately). Admittedly, Sonny would likely have a bigger issue with it if it was one of his sons.

• Love 2

So SID is saying Tracy's issue IS memory/dementia related? So says DD. I kinda figured it had to be that. Which will at least give JE something to do, even if the writing is lacking.

This is going to be an embarrassment just like all the other serious topics these writers try to tackle. 

• Love 3

Well, perhaps not. I think JE will elevate it above an embarrassment. But do I think it'll get the kind of attention the oh so riveting JaSamiz or Vante/DuLu stuff has gotten? Nope.  I personally have no interest in watching grown women act like idiots over men, and if JE only gets fifteen minutes a week of story, at least that'll be fifteen minutes of class, and that I can enjoy.

So SID is saying Tracy's issue IS memory/dementia related? So says DD. I kinda figured it had to be that. Which will at least give JE something to do, even if the writing is lacking.

Have there been hints about this type of story that I missed?

I'm also now leery that Rebecca Budig will use that to get out from under Tracy's thumb, ugh.

No hints whatsoever that I can recall. Some are speculating on DD that possibly Larry poisoned Tracy with something while they allegedly smoked the doobie? LOL  I doubt that, but it is suspicious that there haven't been any signs, and now all of a sudden, shortly after meeting up with him, she's having issues?

I guess that would mean he's still working for Jerry Jax, or Paul, or someone, if true. The thing is, any plot this time around (Cartel wise) makes no sense. Tracy can't give them anything, can she? She no longer has ELQ to give. It doesn't even make sense that someone would do something to her to keep Paul in line this time around, if indeed the current story ends up being a complete retread of the Cartel SL.  I don't think Paul wishes her harm, but I doubt he'd jump through hoops to help her, either.

I don't think there's any nefarious secret poisoning, I think it's just age related issues.

Soaps can and should handle this sort of story, but they aren't given the necessary attention anymore. Look at Patrick's five-minute pill addiction. He's told right before he films the scene that he has a problem, and then it lasts for three episodes. And let's not forget Lucky staring at a pill under the sofa for a week, and Alexis getting stage 4 lung cancer and it being about Ric suing for custody, not a woman with a grave illness.

GH can't write any story properly, much less a story about dementia that needs a lot of care and sensitivity.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 13

Soaps can and should handle this sort of story, but they aren't given the necessary attention anymore. Look at Patrick's five-minute pill addiction. He's told right before he films the scene that he has a problem, and then it lasts for three episodes. And let's not forget Lucky staring at a pill under the sofa for a week, and Alexis getting stage 4 lung cancer and it being about Ric suing for custody, not a woman with a grave illness.

GH can't write any story properly, much less a story about dementia that needs a lot of care and sensitivity.

And, let's not forget, Jason can cure addiction.  He just needs to take you to the island and throw your pills out the window.  Addiction gone! 

• Love 2

Speaking as someone whose father had a stroke over the holidays, the emotional aspect of it is great for daytime drama. When your parent looks at you and tells you, you can't be their kid because they don't have any children, well....let's just say that if such a scene happened with Tracy and either of her boys, I'd be a mess. I'm not sure as it is, that I am ready to see such a story play out for one of my fave characters. Or any character. But I'm not going to begrudge Jane any material at this point. No matter how hard it is personally to watch.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 1

magazine spoilers via SZ

Morgan spirals
-Unable to perform with Kiki....he is in dire straits.

-Goes off his meds, desperate and not thinking rationally

-He feels like the pills are ruining his life

-Despite desire to be with Kiki, Morgan gets together with Darby 

-Darby is an easy go to for Morgan. Cute and always available. He doesn't even have to buy her dinner or hang out!
-Their tryst is at the warehouse while Morgan is on the job.
-There is nothing convenient about the fall-out when they are caught!
-Morgan thinks he can talk his way out of it...but it won't be that easy. He's still on his way to rock bottom

-2/15: Jason receives disturbing phone call. Nik takes steps to uncover Hayden's secret past. Maxie jumps to wrong conclusion
-2/16: Dynamic shifts between Sonny and someone in his orbit. Anna is drawn into Dullen's world.

-2/17: Paul is wise to Anna's ways; Dante is concerned about Lulu's plans

2/18: Paul makes shocking confession.

• Love 2

And, let's not forget, Jason can cure addiction. He just needs to take you to the island and throw your pills out the window. Addiction gone!

Well, it also has to be with an instant addict with a 3 week addiction. While in WUV! *vomit* I will FOREVER hate Copkilla SkipperBitch!

• Love 1

Seeing more of JE/Tracy would be great if it wasn't this story. I know dementia happens (my grandmother had it and it was horrible), but I'd think people want to ESCAPE from such issues, not be reminded of them.

For me, it will be that the writers will whip up some sort of ridiculous "cure" when they need Tracy for the next plot point*, or just drop the subject entirely and Tracy will suddenly be as right as rain.  Which is just horribly insulting to people who are struggling with this horrible disease.  GH's track record when it comes to sensitively and responsibly depicting mental illness is for shit, and has been for over a decade now.

* OTOH, I have a friend IRL who's father suddenly went from perfectly fine to scary dementia n the space of, like, a few days.  It turned out he had a vitamin B deficiency (B-12 I think it was), and putting him on a vitamin regimen fixed the problem.  A story like that could be a viable short-term way for Tracy to have dementia, and could perform a valuable public service in letting people know about this sort of thing.  But I have zero faith that the current GH so-called "writers" would or could do something like that.

• Love 4
Oh, God. Yes, that's what everyone wants for Tracy Quartermaine, a dementia story.

Can't wait for Sonny's take on dementia. 

if JE only gets fifteen minutes a week of story

You are an optimist.  There is no way that FV will permit anyone not wielding a gun (or enabling it) that amount of screen time.

• Love 2