Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

Liz and Lucky were never really family. Lucky didn't really have any relationships with extended family until he met Sly. Liz, Sarah and Steven Lars seemed to be more in touch with the Hardy side of the family. I don't really recall hearing Liz or Sarah (when they were the new teens in town) mention their Uncle Rick and his family. But the fact that Liz could actually say, "omg, we can never tell OUR BROTHER about this horrible mistake." Is not something I want to ever hear. And Franco being disgusting enough on his own is another level. But he and Liz share actual DNA with a sibling. Franco's feelings may not be of disgust, but Liz grew up with Steven Lars and loves him.

Dante and Lulu sure as hell don't count. Michael is Lulu's cousin. Michael and Dante aren't really brothers in my view. And at the very least, they didn't even meet until they were adults. So all of the little and big memories of being together growing up in a family just aren't there.

The worst example, though, may be the teen triangle of Georgie/Lucas (before they decided he was gay, of course)/Maxie in 2002. I can only imagine how gross that must have been to watch back then, because even though the girls aren't technically related to Lucas biologically, they still all grew up together as cousins. GROSS. 

• Love 2

But that's the shows MO lately.   Look at Nikolas' complete 180.  They don't care about motivation, they just want to write for the next BIG PLOT regardless of character history/motivation/characterization.  If Nikolas didn't go dark after Emily died, I don't buy that BRITT of all people is what pushed him over.  GMAFB.  And Liz....Yeah she has a history of lying, but keeping the Jason secret for as long as she did and not showing any remorse really for it.....I don't buy that either.   None of this shit makes ANY kind of sense, but they don't seem to care. 

It's why this show is circling the drain.

The rumor came from a huge Liz fan on DD, so an ocean of salt is needed. Another rumor is that the HWs are going to do what they did on Y&R with Billy and Victoria with Jason and Sam, so I guess Sam may get an ONS with him out of it so they can do a NuDoc/Sam/Jason/Liz pseudo-quad. I REALLY hope this doesn't happen; but since its just a very weak rumor at this point, I doubt it will. Plus, if Sam's gonna sex up anyone, it needs to be Curtis.

I don't watch YnR what did they do with Billy and Victoria?

• Love 3

He's Sonny's son - enough said.

Sorry if I seemed a bit harsh cmahorror. This story has left me cranky, obviously. Bah humbug.

Franco's feelings may not be of disgust, but Liz grew up with Steven Lars and loves him.

Dante and Lulu sure as hell don't count. Michael is Lulu's cousin. Michael and Dante aren't really brothers in my view. And at the very least, they didn't even meet until they were adults. So all of the little and big memories of being together growing up in a family just aren't there.

But there isn't just Michael, there's also Morgan too. And he's young enough he does remember having Dante around as a kid. Poor Morgan, must be kinda weird for him, heh.

• Love 1

I don't watch YnR what did they do with Billy and Victoria?

Not sure, I don't watch Y&R. But I think Billy and Victoria were expected to reunite but something happened to Billy and Victoria got tired of waiting and moved on to Stitch(?)…possibly just as Billy figured out he wanted her back. I believe it turned into a little bit of a quad and in the end, Billy and Victoria ended up with other people. Someone who watches the show could correct me because I'm sure I have stuff wrong.

IDK if any of this 'll happen, but I think we have the same headwriters who penned that story.

But that's the shows MO lately. Look at Nikolas' complete 180. They don't care about motivation, they just want to write for the next BIG PLOT regardless of character history/motivation/characterization. If Nikolas didn't go dark after Emily died, I don't buy that BRITT of all people is what pushed him over. GMAFB. And Liz....Yeah she has a history of lying, but keeping the Jason secret for as long as she did and not showing any remorse really for it.....I don't buy that either. None of this shit makes ANY kind of sense, but they don't seem to care.

It's why this show is circling the drain.

This. And what's crazy is it's not just one character. It's basically all of them. These writers, first under Ron and then SA/JP, have completely twisted these characters that they're unrecognizable. They might as well change the name of this show and start anew.

Sorry if I seemed a bit harsh cmahorror. This story has left me cranky, obviously. Bah humbug.

You haven't even reached my levels of rage (see: Patdick, Faketrick, Patdouche, Podtrick, Dr. Drake Ramoray, Perfect Sparkly Dick), so congrats.

• Love 4

You haven't even reached my levels of rage (see: Patdick, Faketrick, Patdouche, Podtrick, Dr. Drake Ramoray, Perfect Sparkly Dick), so congrats.

Oh, I've gotten a bit more bitchy in private, heh. If I could think of good mean nicknames for Dante I probably would use them! Maybe I should just go for the unoriginal but satisfying Stumpy, lol.

• Love 3

If this is true I'm gonna go insane. Why have Liz do the shit she did just to have her suffer no consequences and actually get rewarded by having a hot new man? I fucking can't.

Oh man, can you imagine? Shit I want this so bad now. Someone write fanfic!

This sounds like a nightmare scenario. I refuse to believe it could possibly happen. REFUSE!

So everyone else in this story gets a new love interest but Liz? Why is she the only one that has to be alone? Every other character on this shit show does worse things then Liz and they don't end up alone, so why should Liz? She's allowed to move on.

Liz also does not have to just stand there and take Sam's accusations. She's allowed to defend herself.

Good.  It's long past time that Liz got a love interest that wasn't somebody else's sloppy seconds.

I hate this term. Being with someone else prior to being with someone doesn't make you sloppy seconds. 

Edited by MissE
  • Love 5

I read a rumor that he'll be Liz's new penis.

Good.  It's long past time that Liz got a love interest that wasn't somebody else's sloppy seconds.

Does anybody else think that nuDoctor guy is almost a dead ringer for John J. York (Mac)?  Maybe his secret will turn out to be that he is Mac's long lost son...

• Love 2

Liz and Lucky were never really family. 

As a former L&L2 fan. I really disagree with this. I thought they were family and happy despite everything they have gone through the years until Liz slept with Nik.

I also resent Liz fans who minimize Lucky's role in Liz and her children's life. The fact of the matter is if it wasn't Liz's rape connection to L&L1 rape/Lucky storyline, I wouldn't have cared for the character. I wish some fans would be a little grateful there was someone who loved Liz the way Lucky did. In every other love storyline she had, she always ended up being second best. 

• Love 8

As a former L&L2 fan. I really disagree with this. I thought they were family and happy despite everything they have gone through the years until Liz slept with Nik.

I also resent Liz fans who minimize Lucky's role in Liz and her children's life. The fact of the matter is if it wasn't Liz's rape connection to L&L1 rape/Lucky storyline, I wouldn't have cared for the character. I wish some fans would be a little grateful there was someone who loved Liz the way Lucky did. In every other love storyline she had, she always ended up being second best. 

Lucky has no role in Liz's kids lives. He's like the long lost relative you see once every few years. He left them, and maybe talks to them once a week. That's not anyone minimizing anything, that's onscreen. 

Also, Liz hasn't always been second best. She certainly wasn't with Ric, as much as I hated that relationship.

Edited by MissE
  • Love 1

Lucky has no role in Liz's kids lives. He's like the long lost relative you see once every few years. He left them, and maybe talks to them once a week. That's not anyone minimizing anything, that's onscreen. 

Also, Liz hasn't always been second best. She certainly wasn't with Ric, as much as I hated that relationship.

What are you talking about?

Until Lucky left recently, he has been the one constant father in Liz and her children's lives. 

Also, she was. She was second best in literally every storyline even with Ric during their first time. He loved getting revenge against his brother more than he loved her. Second best!

• Love 4

What are you talking about?

Until Lucky left recently, he has been the one constant father in Liz and her children's lives. 

Also, she was. She was second best in literally every storyline even with Ric during their first time. He loved getting revenge against his brother more than he loved her. Second best!

Lucky didn't leave recently. He left 5 years ago. Aiden wasn't even one. He also couldn't bother to stick around for Jake, after finding out he was alive. Lucky hasn't been any kind of father to those boys in years. The only constant parent they have, is Liz.

Liz was never second best to Ric. Like I said, I hate him, but Liz is the love of Ric's life. He would choose her over every other relationship.

I'd rather Liz be alone then have Lucky's kind of love. They are toxic to each other. 

Edited by MissE
  • Love 2

So everyone else in this story gets a new love interest but Liz?  Why is she the only one that has to be alone?

What new love interests are Jason and Sam getting?

And yes, I think considering the story the writers went with here is that Liz loved Jason so much that she, by her own admission, shredded her morals to hang onto him, her immediately leaping to a new guy would be very disingenuous.  I'm not saying she has to join a nunnery, but story-wise, it would make no sense for her to be in a new romantic relationship in the near future.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

And yes, I think considering the story the writers went with here is that Liz loved Jason so much that she, by her own admission, shredded her morals to hang onto him, her immediately leaping to a new guy would be very disingenuous.  I'm not saying she has to join a nunnery, but story-wise, it would make no sense for her to be in a new romantic relationship in the near future.

Liz should be in intensive therapy herself, let alone young Jake, and should be single for at least six months to a year. But as it's a soap - and especially GH, where no one has any story outside of hookups - she won't take any time.

Too bad. I already pity Griffin for being a consolation prize. Maybe it is not intended (assuming he does go for Liz here and not someone else), but after the Jason Follies, it'll sure look that way, IMO.

• Love 4

Lucky didn't leave recently. He left 5 years ago. Aiden wasn't even one. 

I hate to be THAT person, but he was already one. He was born in 2010, Lucky left in late 2011. Still, yes, he was still young enough that his memories of him minimal at best. 

• Love 1

Jason and Sam are getting each other, while Nik gets Hayden. Liz shouldn't be the only one left alone. She should be allowed to move on as well.

• Love 3

Jason and Sam are getting each other, while Nik gets Hayden. Liz shouldn't be the only one left alone. She should be allowed to move on as well.

Again, the story has been that Liz loved Jason so much that she, in her own words, shredded her morals to keep him.  Her being, "Oh well, on to the next!" and starting something with this new doctor when he shows up next month would be a narrative falsehood, IMO.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

Reread my reply. I was talking about Lucky and Liz not be "family" as kids growing up. Laura was an adopted Webber. Liz's Uncle Rick was married to Laura's birth mother for years and he adopted Laura. Making Liz and Lucky sort of legal cousins. But it isn't like Laura has been going to Webber family events most of her life.

And yeah, that whole George/Maxie/Lucas crap was truly creepy. The Jones kids grew up together. More like siblings than cousins for years. Lucas being adopted didn't make it ok.

Of course, no show does more incest than B&B. That whole crap when they seriously tried to hook Ridge up with Bridget was horrifying. If a young girl/woman ever called you Daddy as a child, you don't date her. General rule of thumb.

• Love 3

Liz should be in intensive therapy herself, let alone young Jake, and should be single for at least six months to a year. But as it's a soap - and especially GH, where no one has any story outside of hookups - she won't take any time.

Too bad. I already pity Griffin for being a consolation prize. Maybe it is not intended (assuming he does go for Liz here and not someone else), but after the Jason Follies, it'll sure look that way, IMO.

Well, the last time Liz went to therapy, she was treated to great Dr. Ewen Keenan. Killer, kidnapper and minion of Jerry Jax. I can see why she might be a tad shy of seeking out a therapist in PC.

• Love 2

Again, the story has been that Liz loved Jason so much that she, in her own words, shredded her morals to keep him. Her being, "Oh well, on to the next!" and starting something with this new doctor when he shows up next month would be a narrative falsehood, IMO.

Why? I doubt it would start as soon as he shows up. Liz is allowed to have feelings for someone else and move on, or is that only allowed for Jason, Sam and Nik?

• Love 3

Ohhh, I think Liz is still earmarked for Franco: The People's Prince.

Imagine a triangle where Franco and Hot NuDoc both want Liz. I would have to stop watching. I couldn't take that.

Put the new guy with Lucas.

That's the dream!

So everyone else in this story gets a new love interest but Liz? Why is she the only one that has to be alone?

Oh, I don't know, because she did a bad thing and I believe she should face at least some kind of consequence for it or at the very least not get rewarded for it. 

I think any claims that Liz/BH is hated by TPTB can be kinda put to rest at this point. First they had her in scenes with Franco/RoHo, who they obviously love and think is amazing, and now they are potentially giving her a new love interest in the form of a very hot guy played by an actor who is honestly lowering himself to be on this show.

But honestly it's just a rumor and I still refuse to believe they're giving Hot NuDoc to Liz. But then again I don't know who else he could be for and we all know they're gonna put him with someone almost immediately. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

Again, the story has been that Liz loved Jason so much that she, in her own words, shredded her morals to keep him.  Her being, "Oh well, on to the next!" and starting something with this new doctor when he shows up next month would be a narrative falsehood, IMO.

Who says it has to start the second he walks on set?  Her eventually ending up with a new relationship can be the result of her working through her issues and getting to a place where she's over the Jason shit and ready to move on to someone new.  It's not like he's going to walk in the door and Liz will drag him off and screw him in the hospital showers the second she sees him. 

• Love 3

Put the new guy with Lucas. 

THIS. Although I have nothing against Brad and I love Parry Shen, I'd love for new guy to be for Lucas.

But then again I don't know who else he could be for and we all know they're gonna put him with someone almost immediately.

Is Lexi sticking around? He could be for Kristina. She has absolutely no options to choose from.

• Love 3

Who says it has to start the second he walks on set?  Her eventually ending up with a new relationship can be the result of her working through her issues and getting to a place where she's over the Jason shit and ready to move on to someone new.  It's not like he's going to walk in the door and Liz will drag him off and screw him in the hospital showers the second she sees him. 

If the rumor is that he's been brought on for Liz, I would assume that that story purpose would start, in some way, right from the jump.  And it's too soon, for me, to see Liz in a new relationship.

• Love 2

He could even be for Hayden. TIIC have to know the Nayden pairing is a huge bust. There was that spoiler that she would get put in Patrick's orbit, before he bounced. There's really no one else to put her with currently on canvas, and I think Uncle Frank cares far more about RB having story than TC. Nic can always be pushed back to Liez but there is no other 'leading man' for this name actress they signed on for four years. I wouldn't put it past FV to have Hayden have some kind of past with him. He's extremely unimaginative and very stupid when it comes to storytelling.

What I wouldn't mind seeing is, it is somehow revealed at the hospital with Liez, Jason, Sam, and NotDeadJake all there that Jason is not NotDeadJake's father and just as Liez is trying to explain to NotDeadJake, the elevator doors open, NotDeadJake yells 'Dad!' and runs into a recast Jeff Branson as Lucky stepping off the elevator. That would effectively end this Jizam crap, and Liez could actually get some character growth by having family therapy with Lucky and the kids. LnL2 could just be co-parents at first, then friends, then fall in love as more mature and healthier individuals. And never come near Sam and Jason again. Easy peasy.

But it's GH. They double down on failure rather than admit defeat. And I thought I read a rumor (as this is the thread!) that Nik/Hayden actually get married.

So, yeah, as sick as that pairing is, if so, I see no end in sight there. And the fact that one of the leads (TC) tried to bring up Luke/Laura (from a different time) to defend the pairing tells me he doesn't get it, either.

• Love 4

Ohhh, I think Liz is still earmarked for Franco: The People's Prince.

On the one hand, I think that is such an apt moniker for Franco.

On the other hand, I want to stick you in a tree, and not in a nice way, for invoking the image of Diana in relation to Franco.

I don't think anything romantic is planned for them. I doubt they break up Franco and Nina.

I can see a head writer handed with this show and forced to keep Franco and Nina, create a situation where Franco befriends Elizabeth and Nina observes and misunderstands their closeness. Franco can't resist playing hero to Elizabeth, who he views as unfairly dumped on by Port Charles, and Nina, child that she is, acts out.

Meanwhile, Franco's psychology is that he always has to be with an underdog, and he can't handle Nina's Crimson success and her popularity with her staff.  He feels more comfortable in the gutter, where is the place he considers himself and Elizabeth to be.

But these head writers seem so simplistic that I'd be surprised if their stories have even that albeit slight level of complexity.

Goodbye Forum's Rose

Too soon!

Edited by Francie
  • Love 1

Liz wars aside, I don't think this guy is being slated for anyone in particular, like Patrick was when Robin returned. I sure they will chem test him with Lulu, Maxie (if Mac isn't the long lost daddy), Valerie, Kristina, even Sam.

I'm sure he'll interact with a bunch of characters, but I'll be shocked if he's chem tested in a romantic way with Sam. They're doing JaSam. And after all the time they've been apart, plus Liz as a third party, they'll be together for awhile before they enter another person into the mix.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

If the rumor is that he's been brought on for Liz, I would assume that that story purpose would start, in some way, right from the jump.  And it's too soon, for me, to see Liz in a new relationship.

To me, there's a difference between putting them in story together, and having Liz in love with the guy immediately.  He can start out as a friend who supports her and move from there.  

Of course, again, since Nik is getting a relationship with the woman he tried to murder, it would be ridiculous for the show to act like Liz can't have a relationship because of her far lesser deeds.  

• Love 7

I can't believe a talented and good looking guy like Matt Cohen, who was just did an arc on a big primetime show and was supposedly coming during the spring season, would sign a contract with TFGH, especially during pilot season!

What poor decision is he going to make next, publicly associate with Nancy Lee Grahn?!?

• Love 3
Oh, I don't know, because she did a bad thing and I believe she should face at least some kind of consequence for it or at the very least not get rewarded for it.

So her consequence is that she should have to be alone, and not be allowed to move on? That's ridiculous. Nik started this lie, and he's not alone. Sonny does bad things all the time, and he's not alone, same with Carly and everyone else on this show. Liz lied, that hardly means she's not allowed a new love interest.

• Love 6

So her consequence is that she should have to be alone, and not be allowed to move on? That's ridiculous. Nik started this lie, and he's not alone. Sonny does bad things all the time, and he's not alone, same with Carly and everyone else on this show. Liz lied, that hardly means she's not allowed a new love interest.

But the construct has it that Jason is IT. The be-all, end-all for Liz. The one she'd sacrifice her self respect, dignity, and pride for, and would do so again, as she was quick to tell Robin. It isn't that she can't move on, per se. But who'd believe any new guy would not be some place holder as Liz closes her eyes and pretends he is the Almighty Jason?

She did that already with Lucky. No need for a repeat. If she just moves on with a snap of the fingers, any other relationship is doomed, IMO, without a LOT of self examination. And this show doesn't want to be bothered with it and sweep everything under the rug as Liz repeats the same pathetic patterns she has done for almost a decade now.

• Love 11