Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

(edited)

Olivia/Ned might be okay, though I'm sure it would a) get minimal focus and b) would really just be a placeholder until they shove her back with Sonny.  I forget, would Olivia know Lois from Bensonhurst?

I reeeeeeeeeeally don't want MM on this show, which sounds weird because I did really like him as Sheriff Lamb on "Veronica Mars".

Edited by TeeVee329

So let me get this straight: Frank wouldnt let Kim, who is/was (?) in the Disney directing program, direct an episode of GH but now they are letting an actress from another soap do so?  What directorial experience does MS. Sweeney have?  

• Love 4

This makes me a little happy if it turns out MM really is going to play AJ.

I really think Sonny's only way out of this is for AJ to still be alive somewhere.

A part of me will be glad to see AJ again because I feel like his story was stopped cold when they killed AJ off but another part of me will be pissed because Sean Kanan was perfectly fine as AJ, plus he has history with the character but they crapped on him until he left and now they bring on another actor from a show they seem to be in some kind of asinine war with.  If it is true that Billy Miller and MM are coming on what will that be - four actors from Y&R?  For some reason I find that irritating - maybe because it seems like GH actors and characters are being side lined for these stunts.  I think they might spike ratings but I think eventually the ratings will come down to earth because of the shitty story telling.

Plus, Sean Kanan and Chad Duell were perfect as father and son.  Its not going to be the same with a new actor. 

• Love 5

RoHo is rumored to be leaving, (can't find the site but I recall seeing his contract is up and he hates Franco more than we do), Levi is not for long, ta ta Rafe, Kristen Alderson, Maura West, and a few others can and will be cut. Plus, considering both actors bring rabid fan bases, there's your money and ratings. I suspect MM will take a pay cut, as will BM especially if he gets the opportunity to do any other prime time roles he chooses.

RoHo is rumored to be leaving, (can't find the site but I recall seeing his contract is up and he hates Franco more than we do), Levi is not for long, ta ta Rafe, Kristen Alderson, Maura West, and a few others can and will be cut. Plus, considering both actors bring rabid fan bases, there's your money and ratings. I suspect MM will take a pay cut, as will BM especially if he gets the opportunity to do any other prime time roles he chooses.

Unless you have a source or someone official who has stated that Howarth is leaving and all those other actors are also out, that's just speculation. I doubt they were paying the actor who plays Levi big money.  And if they had the budget, it should have been poured into the show for better and more sets.

• Love 3
(edited)

And if they had the budget, it should have been poured into the show for better and more sets.

LOL. They would never. Not if they can get more Y&R actors to fuel RC's pettiness.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

It is. But I don't want to spoil MM/BM being cast if it happens.

The rumors are that RoHo was supposed to play another character, but it was changed last minute to Franco. He was not happy with this and was given multiple directions on his character. His contract does end in Sept/Oct, I think. So we will see if he stays past that. I can clearly see MM taking a salary cut and going to GH to kind of f you to Y&R or to rebuild his rep. BM would take one too if they let him do outside projects.

(edited)

So let me get this straight: Frank wouldnt let Kim, who is/was (?) in the Disney directing program, direct an episode of GH but now they are letting an actress from another soap do so?

This was my exact thought after seeing Sweeney would be directing. Everything is about a "get", screw current & past cast members.

They do shitty things way to often. The new ABC head is coming & Karma's a bitch.

I would be surprised if Disney allows MM to be hired. The Mouse typically shuts this type of stuff down.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 1

This was my exact thought after seeing Sweeney would be directing. Everything is about a "get", screw current & past cast members.

And this was my first thought.  I wonder what the morale is like on this set.

I really have no idea why KM keeps coming back.  It has to be the money because why keep coming back to this mess?

I spy Felicia, Mac, Anna, and Duke all clinking champagne glasses.  Could Felicia finally be running for mayor?

And something about that Lucas/Brad kiss seemed a bit dream sequence-y to me.

Grow up, Liz.

A part of me will be glad to see AJ again because I feel like his story was stopped cold when they killed AJ off but another part of me will be pissed because Sean Kanan was perfectly fine as AJ, plus he has history with the character but they crapped on him until he left and now they bring on another actor from a show they seem to be in some kind of asinine war with.  If it is true that Billy Miller and MM are coming on what will that be - four actors from Y&R?  For some reason I find that irritating - maybe because it seems like GH actors and characters are being side lined for these stunts.  I think they might spike ratings but I think eventually the ratings will come down to earth because of the shitty story telling.

Plus, Sean Kanan and Chad Duell were perfect as father and son.  Its not going to be the same with a new actor. 

I do feel bad about SK b/c I like him, but I still would love to see MM on GH. I do really think though that the roles should be reversed from what I get about Jason and AJ. BM and MM play very well off each other, but MM is the darker of the two. I think I'd rather see BM as AJ. And to be fair b/c I'm petty I'd love for MM to play SBu character. hahaha

As one of those people who came with MSt and have kept watching, I don't think the ratings spike would slip b/c like me most new watcher don't know the history well so the show is very entertaining to me. I know how pathetic it must seem to lifers as I can't even look at Y&R anymore it so terrible.

In the end I don't even care that much for MSt character yet b/c of the writing but I've found other charaters on GH I really enjoy. I also have hope Nina will be toned down.

Now that I understand the block taping I can see why it would appeal to BM. I'm sure with the rumors MM is having to deal with and a family to support he would take whatever they are willing to pay, plus the time off b/c of the block taping would also appeal to him.

With Y&R taking such big terrible rating hits and GH holding it's own and improving in the ratings from last year, I think the larger fan bases of BM and MM would help make GH competition for Y&R.

I like enough of the regular cast now that I wouldn't want the three to eat the show though.

• Love 2
(edited)

As I've said before, there is no way in hell that Vicki Dummer will allow Cartini to hire Michael Muhney. Disney does not tolerate even the slightest appearance of impropriety.   

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1

As I've said before, there is no way in hell that Vicki Dummer will allow Cartini to hire Michael Muhney. Disney does not tolerate even the slightest appearance of impropriety.   

But they did hire that guy with a bad reputation to play Starvos.

(edited)
Disney does not tolerate even the slightest appearance of impropriety.

But the company is perfectly fine with showing violence against women and adult men in relationships with underage girls (I'm thinking of Pretty Little Liars specifically, but there are plenty of other examples on ABC and its affiliated channels)? WTF ever, Disney.

Edited by dubbel zout

But they did hire that guy with a bad reputation to play Starvos.

RKK's mess was twenty years ago and he was only back for a few days. Muhney just got fired for allegedly molesting a co-worker.

I'd probably stop watching for a while if he was hired, but I think there is literally zero chance of that happening. I don't think RC and FV would do it and I firmly believe ABC wouldn't. Most of the supposed articles alleging Muhney will be turning up are written by his devoted fans on amateur open-source 'journalism' sites.

• Love 3

Yup. RKK allegedly did things way worse than MM, but TMZ didn't take an intrest in him. Maybe because none of his show execs were married to tabloid reporters?

TMZ didn't exist, AFAIK. But he was period tabloid fodder, I believe. RKK was drummed out, and only Jill Farren Phelps would hire him from then on - and then briefly when she did.

I really never have taken the rumors MM was going to be coming to GH too serious until I learned he reappeared on his twitter account in May. I do think he did that b/c he has some job coming soon and wanted to get his twitter fans on the hook again before he starts his job.

Of course I also never believed MSt was going to come to GH either until it happened.

• Love 1

Cartini will do anything for the "shock and awe" controversy factor, so MM coming wouldn't surprise me at all.  I'll be pissed if he turns out to be AJ and Ron actually writes halfway decent material for him after the way SK got fucked over, however.

• Love 2
(edited)

I honestly think they would hire MM for the scandal alone.   Its all about getting people talking - it doesn't matter what they are saying.  See the crypt sex as a prime example.

I do wonder how much ABC really cares about GH.  They might view it as long as they are staying within TV's guidelines, budget and keep the ratings where they are - they might not care what they do.  They might be counting on people who are not tied to the internet not knowing about what caused MM's firing.

Edited by ch1

But the company is perfectly fine with showing violence against women and adult men in relationships with underage girls (I'm thinking of Pretty Little Liars specifically, but there are plenty of other examples on ABC and its affiliated channels)? WTF ever, Disney.

I think there's a HUGE difference between portraying that kind of stuff for dramatic purposes and hiring a guy accused of harassing/groping his young co-star.  

• Love 2
(edited)

I honestly think they would hire MM for the scandal alone.   Its all about getting people talking - it doesn't matter what they are saying.  See the crypt sex as a prime example.

I do wonder how much ABC really cares about GH.  They might view it as long as they are staying within TV's guidelines, budget and keep the ratings where they are - they might not care what they do.  They might be counting on people who are not tied to the internet not knowing about what caused MM's firing.

Having two characters fucking in a crypt isn't the same thing as hiring an alleged creeper with a recent sex scandal IRL. There's a reason no one touched RKK for a real job after his last run at DAYS despite his being an incredibly charismatic, sexy, talented performer - only Jill would do it and she had history with him, and she couldn't keep him around long. Daytime is a very small pond. ABC Daytime is a lot of things, but they're not gonna go near this.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3
(edited)
I think there's a HUGE difference between portraying that kind of stuff for dramatic purposes and hiring a guy accused of harassing/groping his young co-star.

There is, definitely, but I don't think it lets Disney off the hook for the content of its shows. Making the Aria/Fitz relationship something to be aspired to is wrong. Even though PLL is BSC, TPTB behind it are serious about the relationship being true love.

And I'll apologize in advance for taking things O/T.

Edited by dubbel zout

I know I wasn't trying to let Disney off the hook for content of a show I don't watch.  I'm just saying it doesn't follow that just because they portray some real life ugliness in a fictionalized story line, it doesn't mean they're OK with hiring guy with MM's history. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I understand. It just annoys me that Disney can't be a teensy bit more responsible with what they show, especially when it's aimed at younger teens and kids. We know Disney doesn't really care about what's aimed at adults (e.g., Jax being raped and Carly and Jason laughing about it).

Edited by dubbel zout
(edited)

The Lucas/Brad kiss in the promo looks really bad. Dammit, show!

Yeah, it's a weird kiss.  Also...and this is super shallow...Ryan Carnes should have used his abundance of time off-screen to get a trim.  His hair's a bit too feathery for my liking.

Edited by TeeVee329
(edited)

Cartini do not have the final say as much as they like to act like they do. They do have bosses.

It is obvious that Levi is going to call and report himself. What better way to get Maxie to marry him, and make Maxie think Nathan reported him?

Edited by Veronica

The Lucas/Brad kiss in the promo looks really bad. Dammit, show!

And yes, ulkis, that is Morgan in the swim trunks. What a treat for us!

I realized it might be from last year when he and Kiki were staying at the boat house. Boo!

I was just going to say that, ulkis, but you beat me to it. I wasn't even watching last summer but I took one look at that and knew it had to be old. Just like his wink was from the 10/7 episode where he winked at Ava when the furniture guys moved in her stuff. Sigh.

So judging from that summer promo, SamTrick might actually be happening!  I am VERY happy with that.  No sign of Silas and Sam in it at all., Just Silas with Niiiina and Sam and Patrick smiling at each other.  And KeMo looks lovely.

I will dance a jig if RoHo and KA leave.

• Love 1

I'm not getting my hopes up for SamTrick.  If I get it, awesome; if I don't, oh well.  I expect Sam to be stuck in Silas hell forever.  Even if Borg comes back.  Because I can't have nice things. 

I'm not getting my hopes up for SamTrick.  If I get it, awesome; if I don't, oh well.  I expect Sam to be stuck in Silas hell forever.  Even if Borg comes back.  Because I can't have nice things. 

Surely there'll be at least a triangle if Borg comes back, right? Sad that our only hope of Sam escaping Silas is to wish for an undead Jason. My worst nightmare.

As to the MM rumors, I don't believe them. At all.

(edited)

KA is probably a soap lifer, alas for us. Though maybe she'll fulfill her dream of being a pop star and I'll never have to see her on my TV again.

Surely there'll be at least a triangle if Borg comes back, right?

Of COURSE there'll be a triangle; it's Ron. No relationship can ever be limited to two people. I'm surprised he hasn't had polygamy (inadvertent or otherwise) on the show.

Edited by dubbel zout